January 30, 2015 | 1600 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2009 8:30:00 AM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is too drying for me and definitely made my face tight. I have combination, acne-prone and sensitive skin. This did take off all of my foundation, but no foaming action. Back to cetaphil! Here's the ingredient list for the two comparable products. I thought this would be very helpful, especially for those that live in Canada and can not get the Purpose face wash. I haven't tried the Purpose one since I can not get my hands on it. But a lot of the reviews here say that this is a great alternative. The foaming cleanser just has 3 extra ingredients added in the end but the majority is the exact same as the Purpose face wash.

CLEAN AND CLEAR SENSITIVE FOAMING CLEANSER:

Water (eau), PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium chloride

PURPOSE GENTLE FACE WASH:

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by cjx3pooh

This was one of my first cleansers ever - so I was somewhat acne prone at the beginning of my teenage years.
I'm not sure why I purchased this b/c I don't have sensitive skin, but this was many years ago when I didn't know better.
It lathers well, cleanses okay, did nothing for my oily-combination skin in terms of acne.
Nothing special really, but I suppose it's good after you've passed through your teenage acne skin stage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by olizax

This is Good. It is the best cleanser I have ever used.

Pros: it is CHEAP!
doesn't leave my skin dry
very refreshing
foam very well

Cons: heavy scent

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by almostmrsparker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good product, fairly mild on the face, good price, lasts for awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite facial cleanser! I love this product. Most acne medicated washes irritate my skin but this is VERY mild and leaves my skin clean and soft. Plus is was only about 3 bucks at Walmart and has lasted me for 5 months or so (and I'm only a 3rd of the way through the bottle). Great product! A must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This makes my face very clean. It takes off my makeup. But it doesn't take off my mascara or eyeliner, but that's ok because I have my Neutrogena eye makeup remover to do that very well. I am so impressed with this product that I will continue to buy it over and over again. I read all the wonderful reviews about this on MUA before I bought it. An added plus is it's so cheap!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by 1princess1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was actually very suprised with this product. I always thought of clean & clear as a line of products that were not very well formulated at all.
But, this has to be one of the best cleansers that I have ever used. It actually takes everything off without stripping your skin. Just one pump of this cleanser on wet hands will make it foam up. Massage it gently on your face and wash it off. (sometimes I add jojoba oil when cleansing). Your left with clean, fresh skin. Not red/irritated/stripped/tight skin.
I hardly ever re-purchase products, but this is a definite re-purchase:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 8:21:00 PM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this when I ran out of my Purpose cleanser recently. More than one person on the boards has pointed out that this is EXACTLY the same thing as Purpose, repackaged, and about half the price. This is a great, gentle, no frills cleanser. It even takes off waterproof eye makeup with zero irritation. It may be slightly drying, but I always use a moisturizer after cleansing anyway. Such a great, inexpensive cleanser overall!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by justelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is product left my face too dry, therefore low rating. It does easily take off eye-makeup and it doesn't sting my eyes. Also, I don't get any foaming action. To me it's just a liquid cleanser. Since it's drying, I'm going to try it again once summer gets here ( I hate to throw away even though so cheap!).

I wanted the foaming cleanser they used to make that was in a blue bottle...it had a pump and came out nice and foamy. Great for eye make-up and extremely gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by cinviraz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a very sensitive rosacea skin that's both dry and slightly oily and this is so far the only cleanser that my skin has been able to tolerate. There are more gentle cleansers on the market, for sure, but this cleanser actually gets rid of my makeup, including eye makeup, and it doesn't leave a residue on my skin. It doesn't dry out my face, though I suspect it might be too drying for very dry skins. For the price, it is a very good quality basic cleanser with no frills but plenty of cleaning power.