Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 8/7/2012 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS OH MY GOODNESS, VERY VERY VERY GOOD!!!

I bought this because one of my friend has very very beautiful skin, and she recommended me this product as she uses it to tone her face ( she has sensitive skin, easily reddened).
I love this product to death. I was having a very bad break out a few months ago and my skin was just looking horrible. My skin doesn't look like a skin, it was red sore and bumpy, it seems like my top layer of skin is totally gone and I am left with the bottom few layers of it.

So I included this thermal spring water into my regime. Let me tel you what I use, I wash with clarisonic + cetaphil/la roche posay effclar deep foaming cleanser. Then, I tone my skin (kinda exfoliate while toning) with Proactiv revitalizing toner. Then I spray the thermal water onto a cotton pad and circulate on my skin after the toning. This is the important step, this has made my skin calm down and return to its natural skin tone, it also keep my breakouts away!

The reason why I tone twice is because my skin gets congested and clogged easily, I need to make sure that every bit of dirt/sebum etc get cleared out of my pores before I head for moisturiser. Proactiv toner contains glycolic acid that can gently exfoliate and remove excess dirt off your skin, toning again with thermal water will remove the glycolic acid and those dead skin cells that the glycolic acid loosen up. It is a win win!
You can go on without putting on moisturiser if you have oily skin as the thermal water will condition your skin's moisture by its self. I sometimes go without a moisturiser and it feels great!
I use sebamed clear face gel as moisturiser and it is good!!

on 8/5/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It is basically just water in a spray can but I keep going back to this stuff. I have tried and really like the Caudalie Beauty Elixir but this is a really nice, cheaper (and less pungent shall we say) alternative. I use it all the time, sometimes to set make up, to refresh (in the summer it is a lifesaver), sometimes as a gentle toner. I mean it's not going to do anything drastic it's just a really soothing, luxurious and enjoyable product. I have bought it numerous times before and I always come back to it, just really lovely. You can't really go wrong with Avene to be honest.

I really like this stuff. Before I started using it, my skin would never feel quite moisturized enough, even with moisturizer on. The first time I ever tried it, I woke up the next day with plump, hydrated skin. I was actually amazed as that kind of thing never happens to me, not overnight anyway. The way I use it is to wash my face, pat dry, spritz the Avene thermal water, then moisturize. Love it. I bought the 150 ml/5.29 oz and it lasted me a good 2 months of everyday use, sometimes day and night. I'd rec it.

on 7/17/2012 12:46:00 AM

Not just water in a can. I love this. Best toner ever. Best thing to set your makeup with. Hydrates my skin, makes my skin plumper, and makes my moisturiser go on like a dream. Wonderful.

on 7/16/2012 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The best thermal water I have used.

on 7/15/2012 3:22:00 PM

very good for sensitive skin
in combination with other products from avene it speeds up treatmeant

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product to calm sensitive skin and eczema flare ups. However it is quite pricey. Don't expect this product to be a miracle product that will heal your skin and rashes. However if you are looking for a product to soothe sensitive, hot, red, irritated skin you will be pleasantly surprised to find that it works. After I sprayed this product to my face my skin felt cooler and more calm, but it only reduced the redness of my rashes by a tiny bit.

on 7/4/2012 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Out of all water sprays I've tried so far - vichy, la rosay poche, evian - this is the best because it is the most hydrating and makes my skin super soft! It also helps to calm my skin down in events of allegies/weather changes etc. I wish it could have been cheaper though.

on 7/3/2012 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a great little product and much cheaper when you buy it in France, as you can imagine. It helps keep my skin reaction free and cools you when you spritz it on. It also makes my moisturizer go a lot further. I wait until my skin is almost dry and then apply moisturizer.

on 6/22/2012 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It feels stupid, buying water, but this is great in summer, especially if my skin is feeling a bit scorched from hot winds.
I took a small bottle travelling with me last year- by the endof the trip, my partner and in-laws were all borrowing the spray, after a day of touring, just to get that lovely cool-skin feeling.

Popular Face Skincare Products