Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.4

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 2/18/2003 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This does work, and it leaves hair soft, and untangled. It is a bit pricey though, but it's worth it. My husband likes it, too.

on 2/10/2003 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have had Seborrhoeic Dermatitis on my scalp for at least 10 years and this is the only thing that has ever worked. I can't recommend this enough. For the first two weeks you need to use it twice a week but after that you only need to use it once a week or fortnight.

on 1/23/2003 6:52:00 PM

This is a great shampoo to get rid of flakes. I read somewhere that the main ingredient in Nizoral is the safest for hair, whereas other dandruff shampoos may eventually cause hair loss over time. For reference, the ingredients are talked about in Paula Begoun's "Don't Go to the Hair counter without me" book, too. Works really well, and I would not consider using any other type of dandruff shampoo.

on 1/22/2003 2:23:00 PM

I thought nothing would get rid of the occasional flakes I used to get. I tried Neutrogena, the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree stuff, Aveda's scalp treatment. I heard about Nizoral on this board, and I went and bought it. I used it for about three or four days and it cleared my problem right up. Now when I get the occasional flake attack, I just use this shampoo and it goes right away. I was afraid it would stink, but it smell pleasant and clean. It doesn't strip my hair. In fact, it's a decent shampoo without the anti-dandruff benefit. But with it, this stuff ROCKS!

on 12/29/2002 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

my dermatologist reccomended this to me when i had scalp problems... and this cleared it right up. im saying that i wont buy this again because i hope my problem wont come back!

on 11/17/2002 12:26:00 PM

I was using Paul Mitchell Tea Tree and decided to use this in-between when I had scalp problems. It works!

on 10/24/2002 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is the best dandruff shampoo on the market. So much better than head and Shoulders, Nuetrogena Tgel, or Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo. It totally gets rid of an itchy scalp. This is a must have for me.

on 10/23/2002 3:15:00 PM

UPDATE: Works great to get rid of (temporarily) an itchy/flakey scalp, but my hair would feel greasy quickly (too moisturizing?) and cause my hair to not look it's best (flat). Although, I will always keep it in my cabinet to spot treat an itchy/flakey area. This method works better so my hair doesn't get greasy too quick. This is the best dandruff shampoo sold over the counter. It's gentle, yet very effective. It also is non-drying and doesn't have a bad scent. I've read, it's safe for color-treated hair. My hair is hilighted and it doesn't strip my color. continued >>

on 10/23/2002 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My dad used to use the prescription strength nizoral when i was a kid. Lucky for me, i inhereted his mild dermatitis. Fortunately, nizoral now comes over the counter in a weaker percentage but that works just as well. I've had dandruff problems for years (usually in winter). But i get scabbing etc including the flakes(lovely dermatitis) and this is the first thing i've used that i completely gets rid of it. If i start to feel a dry patch or see a flake, i use my nizoral that night and every other night after and in about 5 days my scalp is healed and i don't see my nizoral again for awhile.

on 10/23/2002 4:29:00 AM

I agree w/ Marsen. This is one hell of a treatment product. Love the treatment (eradicates dandruff) and LOVE the shampoo. Leaves hair clean, shiny, bodiful and bouncy. Clean scent and according to some sources, may thicken hair strands. Hmmmmm. Well worth it. Love it.