December 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by sksouthwick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this the first time I tried it on at Sephora (I never do that!) and I love it as much as the day I got it. I sunburn really easily, but this cream's SPF is strong enough to keep my skin protected. I love how smooth it feels and the lightest color is light enough for my skintone, which is a constant problem for me. I had previously been using Bobbi Brown's BB cream, but it hasn't left my drawer since I bought this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Purchased the light and the color match is good. I don't use this as a primer, just by itself for a bit of coverage and I have to say I like it (doesn't seem to be problematic for my eyes which is rare). On vacation I used a good amount as I was in the sun and didn't want to burn (and I didn't so the product worked). If I tap it in it leaves a nice finish, just a light bit of color to sort of smooth things out. I haven't tried foundation over it so I can't speak to that. All in all a lovely product. I have to moisturize under this product during the colder months to get a nice finish, also using a blender to apply and just a dot of concealer on one stubborn area and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im really liking this so far, ive been looking for a bb cream or tinted moisturizer for a while now and im happy I found this. I have oily/combo skin thats clog prone and I dont need much coverage.first let me say that I dont like primers because I dont like silicones, I feel they makee oilier. This does the best job at controling the oil, I still have to blot but even then im not an oil slick and I still look good. The coverage for me is great, then I top it off with bare minerals powder, love it. I also love that the spf is high and chemical free. The olny downside is that there's only four shades the fair is a little to light and the light is a little dark so I have to mix the two for now, but in the summer I can just wear the light and in the winter I can wear the fair. Great job tarte.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by NOLACreoleGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Went into Sephora for skin care products and decided to try out a BB Cream. I had the associate pick out 2 that she thought were the best and try them on one side of my face. They both looked about the same but the texture knocked me out! It literally felt like velvet going on! It absorbed well and the fact that it has a sunscreen and primer was awesome! While its not a full coverage foundation & I do have some dark spots and blemishes, this DEFINITELY makes them so much less noticeable. I am so glad I spent the money on this! It also doesn't take much and when I use my Mineral Vail over this it looks even better! Definitely becoming a staple for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by cinnabunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The same day I started using this product, one of my coworkers pulled me aside after break and said, "I don't know what you did, but you are glowing and your skin looks gorgeous." SOLD!!! (Some background: I have had acne since before puberty, finally nipped that in the bud after about 15 years but still have oily skin with mild acne scars and marks, plus huge pores. I have never, ever, gotten a compliment on my skin before this.)

The employee at Sephora insisted that I needed the "Fair" shade, but after she put it on, even in the crappy mall light I was certain the "Light" shade was better for me (I am not fair, not sure why she thought this). When her back was turned I grabbed "Light" instead. Luckily, it was a perfect match.

Echoing what everyone else said -- controls oil for most of the day, smooths skin, kind of a grab-and-go product. I normally use another product for SPF, so I don't rely on the protection from this one. Didn't break me out. Still have to use a little concealer, but just add blush and a little lip balm and you will have a beautiful, natural look. Pricey, but I certainly will buy more.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by wiscowhitney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used different types of liquid foundation for as long as I've been wearing makeup because of the dryness of my skin. When I ran out of the foundation I was using, I had a sample of this BB Cream and decided to give it a try for a few days. Since the BB Cream is sort of heavy, but doesn't match my skin tone, I cover it with Coastal Scents pressed powder foundation. The combination is perfect. The second or third day of wearing this combo, I was looking at my face in the mirror after a full day of work and thought that my new skin routine had completely minimized my pores. It hadn't, it was just that the coverage of this BB Cream covers so well and lasts so long that they were still hiding about 12 hours after I applied the cream.

I find that I need a heavy moisturizing on my face before I put this cream on. That is mostly due to my dry skin, I am not sure everyone will need to do it. I agree with other reviewers that this is not a buildable cream.

After reading reviews, I would recommend anyone purchasing this product to test out the colors before buying. I usually go for the palest shade so I selected Light which looks yellow on my face. I believe Fair is for pale skin with red undertones, like mine, but I haven't tried it yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I got a sample of this from Sephora and fell in love. I have already purchased the full size. This is kind of a mousse-y type texture...real creamy but light and fluffy. It goes on great with a brush or beauty blender. I use it on its own (I just have a few scars/redness to cover so I don't need too much coverage). I would say this is light coverage...not really buildable just because it can get a little cakey if you try to build it up too much...2 applications is about the limit on my face to still look natural and nice...not that I ever use more than one.

I have not gotten any breakouts from it what so ever. I have heard people say it runs a bit dark but I use the fair shade and I am very pale...it matches me pretty well. It is a little on the pink side but seems to change color a little bit after application and match my cooler undertones.

I don't like the price but honestly most of the good bb creams are going to run you 30-45 dollars....you get what you pay for because I find the drugstore ones just do not perform well and break me out.

I have heard people like to use it as a primer under foundation...I don't know how that might change it because I don't find it necessary. Just moisturize, put this one, put a lil setting powder on my tzone to control my oil (my face gets oily fast) and I am good to go.

I do get a bit shiny after about 8 hours BUT it is WAY less than I would using most foundations or nothing at all....It has a demi matte finish ....so if you arent super oily... you probably will get good to go for the majority of the day.

Oh and even though I did get shiny a bit....just used a tissue and patted the oil a bit or dusted on a bit of powder....problem solved. The bb cream was still there...didnt slide off just my face likes to argue no matter what.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

HG! Fair blends into my skin and looks like I have prefect, natural skin that glows. This has a matte finish, yet has a slight glow to it. You would have to try it for this to make sense. I am around an N10/NW10 in MAC, possibly lighter. I am shocked that Fair is light enough for me. I would say the undertone on this is pretty neutral. It gives light to medium coverage and is buildable. I have ditched my Kat Von D Lock It in shade 42 for this(which is full coverage so that shows that the coverage on this BB cream is good). I add some concealer over it for spots/undereyes/red areas and my skin looks flawless. Before I got this product I was not comfortable leaving the house without a full coverage foundation and now I don't need it. The best thing is my skin can breathe! It is so lightweight on the skin. It manages to cover and diffuise imperfections and is not heavy at all. I am super sensitive/acne prone and have had no issues with this. I will hide under a rock forever if this gets discontinued.......

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is sort of odd, but I really like it. I hear its texture described a lot as "silky." To me it just felt slippery, like a sunscreen loaded with silicone. I have the shade Light, which is probably closest to NC25. Although the coverage is sheer, it really evened out my skintone and gave me a subtle glow. On the skin, this feels light as a feather, which I LOVE. It did not break me out, dehydrate my skin or cause any sensitivity. Since this is technically a primer, I used a heavy concealer with it (Hard Candy Glamoflage) and finished with a light dusting of Laura Geller Balance N' Brighten and Urban Decay All Nighter. This product wore evenly and kept a smooth finish.

Overall I'm not sure this BB cream is worth $34/ounce, but I will probably repurchase in the future. I can see this being great in the summertime, when I want some spf and decent coverage, but don't want a bunch of heavy layers on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by nina1925

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of Tarte products and was given a sample of this BB cream when I went to Sephora. I love the matte finish and the fact that this product does not break me out.