October 25, 2014 | 1967 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Smashin31385

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like anything on my lips... Not even lip balm, but this is doable. I bought the color Lust for Blush and it is a milky pink on my lips. It doesn't last very long but it is a good product for what it claims to be. I'll try other colors. The Revlon lip butters are so heavy and goopy to me, I like this much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I love how the color looks and feels very natural - it feels like lip balm! It doesn't last very long though, and makes little dried skin pieces show up on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lashaw1594

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade Who wore it red-er.
my first impressions were, it had a nice shade , though alot lighter than the expected color, consistency is very nice, i like how its not waxy and is like Lip balm, it looks nice after being on the lips after a couple of minutes, looks natural, although it doesnt stay on for long, and kind of dries my lips out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in Some Like It Taupe. I don't care what they company says, this is NOT a lipstick. It's little more than a balm. It's very sheer. I have it in my bag and use it as a lipbalm. As that, it's too pricy and nothing very different from Nivea, for example, so I won't buy it again. Maybe darker colors justify the purchase more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh. I got this in Plum Prospect, which actually turned more of a blue based dark pink on my lips. I also didn't care for the formula....it didn't feel moisturizing nor did it last very long (not even leaving much of a stain behind). This color also applied quite streaky, which I found strange given what the product is supposed to be. I much prefer the Revlon Lip Butters or even the L'Oreal Caresse line. This just seemed really cheap to me. I also dislike the packaging as it also looks cheap, IMO. I won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybelline Color Whispers are available in 20 shades: Go Nude, Bare to be Bold, Some Like it Taupe, Mocha Muse, Lust for Blush, Pin Up Peach, Coral Ambition, Orange Attitude, Wow Red-Reder, Cherry on Top, One Size Fits Pearl, Petal Rebel, Pink Possibilities, Faint for Fuchsia, Rose of Attraction, Made it Mauve, Berry Ready, Oh La Lilac, Mad for Magenta, and A Plum Prospect.
I purchased Lust for Blush, Pin Up Peach, Coral Ambition, and Bare to be Bold. Please refer to my reviews for these individual shades for a description of each shade. For my next trip to the drugstore I'm definitely picking up Orange Attitude and Pink Possibilities next, because these are fantastic!
Color Whispers aren't tinted lip balms; they're sheer lipsticks. Maybelline doesn't claim these to be pigmented, nor do they claim these to be moisturizing, so for those of you complaining about that, you can't really blame Maybelline for that.
Prior to testing these out, I expected them to be glossy, sheer lipsticks that wouldn't last more than a few hours and would be somewhat drying.
Well, I was right. The pigmentation is subtle but noticeable. On my medium-pigmented lips, I would say the pigmentation is about light-to-medium, although its smooth formula allows it to be buildable. I wouldn't bother with these if you have pigmented lips. It does give a little bit of a slip, and it only lasted about 4-ish hours, but reapplication isn't a big deal to me anyway. The finish is shiny, but not mirror-shine glossy. It's not very moisturizing, but it's not drying either. I find wearing a lip balm underneath helps.
One of my favorite aspects of Color Whispers is the shade selection. More often than not, I'm often intrigued by a product's concept, but then I'm disappointed with the shade selection, so I move onto another product. This is what happened with Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters. I like the Lip Butters, but the shades are no-go, plus the name is misleading--they're more like opaque, creamy, heavy lipsticks than what you imagine when you hear "lip butter". Color Whispers, on the other hand, have shades that appeal more to me, and the formula is smooth, but lightweight and semi-sheer.
In other words, these are PERFECT for me.
I'm not too keen on the packaging--it looks kind of cheap, and I prefer Revlon Lip Butters' packaging more--but it's sturdy, and therefore tolerable.
They retail for about $6-$7 each.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are ok. They really arent anything to get excited about. They are similar to revlon lip butters but with less pigmentation. And people they are SUPPOSED to be sheer why do you think its called "color whisper" come on......anyways..I love the color they give (more than a balm but less than a lipstick) but the problems I have with these are
1. VERY strong fragrance...if you are sensitive to scented products you wont like these, they are heavily scented (scented perfume - they have no taste)
2. The packaging is...eh. I would like them a lot more if they were packaged like a lip balm because they can be applied like a balm (without a mirror).

I probably wont buy them again but they were fun to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in bare to be bold ,wich is a pale sheer nude, and got also,some like it taupe wich is a sheer pale beige.Enought pigmented to be seen,but sheer enought to look natural!Creamy and smooth texture,hold on long enought,but must reapply in the day! Nice choice of colors! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Warriorlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lip color today in "Bare to be Bold". When I first saw it, I thought that the look of the product itself looked really nice, and it was only about $6 so I decided to give it a try. When I first put it on, I thought it looked a little odd on my lips, especially since they were dried out. About 5 minutes later when I looked at my lips again, I noticed that the color blended out perfectly on my lips and you couldn't even see the dryness on my lips anymore. It also smells really nice too. All in all, it is a very good drug store product and I'm very glad I bought it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I purchased this product in "Pin Up Peach". I really like this product. It seems Maybelline waited and took the best of the Revlon Lip Butters and L'Oreal Caresse and put it together in these guys. My complaint about the Revlon Lip Butters was that it was too dry a formula, so that the opacity was ruined when it got stuck in dry cracks in the lips and didn't ever settle into the lips. My complaint about the L'Oreal version was that it had too much slip, giving it a false sense of "moisture" while sheering out the color too much and causing the lipstick to glide all over the lip and not wear long at all.
Maybelline's Color Whisper has just enough pigment to be visible, and it seems to be pretty buildable with a couple layers. The formula also seems superior to that of Revlon's and L'Oreal's, as it glides on very nicely, but does not get stuck on dry cracks or slide right off the lip. Well done Maybelline. I will be purchasing many more of this product.
"Pin Up Peach" is a beautiful coral color, slightly more orange than pink on my lips. A hint of gold shimmer, but not too much to be distracting, just enough to give it some luminosity and dimension.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No