November 23, 2014 | 1943 users online

BB Cream - Revlon - Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I mainly use Ivory in Revlon foundations, but occasionally use Vanilla. For the Photoready BB Cream I wear Light [010], and find that the base is pretty balanced between pink and yellow - not leaning towards one more then the other.

Revlon Photoready BB Cream feels very light and silky on my skin and blending is super easy. Once blended, the results are a smooth satin finish, with a nice glow. However what makes this BB Cream stand out is the surprisingly good coverage it has - I have the Nearly Naked foundation and I think that the coverage with this is almost as good as that. The Photoready foundations contain reflective pigments which some people don't like, but I haven't noticed any in this, so I'm not sure why this is labelled as part of the Photoready line.

Photoready BB Cream won't cover my hormonal breakouts, but my main problem is discolouration, which this product solves. It even reduces the appearance of my pores AND undereye circles too. I've found it to be transfer resistant, long lasting and it doesn't settle in my fine lines. It does feel fairly hydrating, but I have noticed a little bit of flaking around my nose - I do have severely dry and sensitive skin right now though, and the amount of flaking is less then I suffer from with foundations.

I think the packing is very user-friendly; It's in a squeezable, slim tube, so you can squeeze all of the product out. Plus; it's a ideal size for small bags and the lid is very secure.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by draia2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this because I saw it on sale.

【Good】
1. Doesn't have a bad smell
2. Goes on nicely

【Bad】
1. Lasts for about an hour
2. Darkens after setting

It's good if your going to the mall for an hour or so, but personally I will not purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is nothing more than a thick tinted moisturizer (well, all American BB creams are tinted moisturizers with "BB cream" slapped onto the label), which isn't a bad thing, but the problem is that it's not even a very good tinted moisturizer.
Upon squeezing it out of the tube, I notice that it smells a lot like sunscreen, and that it's a bit thicker than most tinted moisturizers. It's not a cream, by any means, but since I prefer thick liquids, I do like its consistency. It's easy to apply and blend with your fingers.
It has a satin finish.
The coverage is about light-to-medium, so it doesn't have great coverage, but then again, these types of products typically don't have good coverage, so I didn't lower the rating because of this.
I did, however, lower the rating because of its longevity. Not only does it not set itself, but it transfers too easily. For that reason, I recommend users set it with a translucent powder, especially those with oily skin because you'll probably look oily by the end of the day.
Unfortunately, for those with tanned or dark skin, it only comes in three shades: Light, Light/Medium, and Medium. The shades do run a tad dark, but Medium is the best match for my NC35 skintone, but it pulls too neutral (I have slight yellow/olive undertones). When I wear it, it's obvious that I'm wearing makeup because my neck is evidently much more olive (read: green) than my face. Go figure.
I think if you have normal, dry, or combination/dry skin without many blemishes to cover and can find a good shade match, this would definitely be a good product for you.
It costs around $8, give or take some cents, for 1 fl. oz. of product. Note that 1 fl. oz. is NOT a lot of product, so this is actually rather pricey for a drugstore item. With daily use, you're not going to get more than a couple months' worth of use.
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Megansnyder18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I really like the Revlon BB cream but its a little creamy not as smooth as most BB creams, and the spf is amazing. The only thing I don't like about this product is it is it doesn't have a great amount of coverage, but most BB creams don't anyways but once you add concelar and powder it has a good amount of coverage. I also have seen a great amount of improvement in the overall look of my skin,so this is definetley a great product!(:

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by nlls11

I expected too much about this bb cream but it made me disappointed. Idk why it is called bb cream. Actually i can't find a category for this product. Coverage is awful so it isn't like a foundation, it doesn't moisturize much so isn't tinted moisturizer either. I really don't like the feeling it gives when i apply it-sticky... :/ and it smells as if its a sunscreen.. ONLY good thing is that it has 30 SPF but its a thing that every bb should have.

If you have questions to me about any make up issue, just tweet me ( @tayswiftturkey ) or contact me on MakeUpAlley, I would love to help you :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely BB cream! It's super blendable and has the prettiest finish; satin, or dewy depending on skintype. This product gives you flawless-looking skin, not flawless foundation, truly photo-ready. It's rich, duluxe texture and the way it looks sheer yet covers everything sufficiently is comparable to TheBalm's Balm Shelter TM (my HG tinted moisturizer).Though I do wish the shade selection was better (I have to mix Light-Medium and Medium in winter), the packaging is sleek. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by wq13

Let me start off by just saying that I am a tinted moisturizer/BB cream lover!
Although I've never tried Asian BB creams, I like the U.S versions, which are basically just tinted moisturizers. I personally hate foundation because it tends to look cakey on me, but BB cream doesn't have much coverage and just evens out my complexion nicely. If you have problem skin, then this might not work for you. My skin is usually pretty clear, but my cheeks can look blotchy sometimes.
Anyway, I love Revlon's BB cream! I have dry skin and I'm obsessed with the dewy look, which this gives me! My skin looks so fresh and alive when I use this. It blends very well and I never feel like I have anything on my face when I use this.
A little warning though; the color selection is very limited (three shades, if I remember correctly?) and I think the shades run a little dark. I usually fit pretty well in the "Light/medium" category, but the light/medium is quite dark. I didn't want to go back to the store to exchange, so I just added two drops of a lighter foundation. Works perfectly.

If you love the look of fresh, dewy skin (PERFECT for spring, by the way!) I think you'll really like this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, sensitive combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

I recommend Photoready BB Cream as a sunscreen product. I purchased it in Light/Medium and it's a little too dark to be a perfect match but it's pretty sheer and forgiving. This is a good choice for normal, or SLIGHTLY dry or oily/combination skin. The finish is ultra-dewy -- skin has the creamy loveliness of an oil painting and coverage is sheer. Flaws and imperfections are minimized and skin looks smoother due to the product's glossy shine. It transfers with a vengence and I doubt it would hold up through a workout. This would be a nightmare on true oily skin.

Overall feel is very comforting and moist. I'm afraid to powder it or apply other makeup over it due to the emoillient texture. It gives skin a refined, radiant look and provides SPF 30. I apply it to my face before I drive home from work and usually shower it off within a few hours. Been using for a few days and so far no breakout or other reaction. I'm not positive but I think it may even be benefitting my skin.

IMHO it's expensive given the limited usefulness. This is basically a tinted sunblock product in a nice tube.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by rca417

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was one of my first experiences with a drugstore BB cream and, while I know that it doesn't really compare *real* BB creams, it really is a fantastic product. Maybe it only really is a glorified tinted moisturizer, but tint and moisturize it does, and well, might I add. I use the lightest shade and surprisingly it's a good match for my really pale skin. For a tinted moisturizer-type product, the coverage is great and the finish is just what you would expect: satin and natural. This perfects and unifies the skin without making itself known; while wearing this you simply look like you've been blessed with flawless skin, not like you've slapped on a ton of foundation or concealer. It gives a great *attractive* glow, not an oily one, and is very hydrating. Sometimes I use it alone but on days when I feel I need a tad more coverage, I use it as a tinted primer underneath my foundation and it works wonderfully in this way. It's not going to cover absolutely all your flaws, especially if you're breaking out really badly or have a lot of acne scars, so you will need a concealer for that, but it does do a really good job of minimizing any blemishes and evening out your skintone. The staying power is pretty good, maybe not as good as a longwearing foundation, but still decent; I'd say you could get at least 6-8 hours of this, and more if you powder over it (which I always do.) Worth a try if you're in the market for a cheap, medium-coverage BB cream and if it doesn't suit your tastes, most drugstores have a great return policy.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by tkorin123

I read reviews on this product expecting it to be decent. Sadly it wasn't. There was little to no coverage and it made my face oily and shiny. I didn't enjoy it at all and thought it wasn't worth my money.