Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 6/24/2014 9:28:00 PM

I'm totally surprised.Mascara like in your dreams,this is it.Lengthens like crazy,volumises very well cause the black is so true black.They have definitely got the best out of mascara creating this Rocket Volum Express.I noticed that I get better lashes with this mascara when I don't curl my lashes with eyelash curler.I propably won't curl my lashes in the future when using the Rocket.Sometimes I just get better result without curling lashes,although it is said that "you should always curl your lashes when applying mascara". The formula of the Rocket mascara is very lash friendly.I'm very happy I bought this,paid £5,99. I was already sold at the point when Melissa Raymond first time reviewed this on a YouTube beauty video.She said it's the best mascara she has tried so far,and I trust much of her reviews.A bit late that I am,It does not bother me,cause I do now have the best mascara ever!!

on 6/22/2014 4:57:00 PM

I'm a mascara junkie. I Love trying all kinds. Luckily I've been blessed with nice lashes. They curl well naturally and are a good length. I want to love this product but I do have some reservations.
The good: The formula is a nice consistency. Kind of wet but more gel-like. Definitely not dry. I like the brush; low, stubby spaced out bristles. It defines pretty well. It gives you length, separation and volume. I always get the blackest black and it is very black!

The bad: It can get a little clumpy so be careful. it makes some of my inner lashes stick straight up and together. Will flake if you rub! This slightly irritated my eye area a bit. I only use 2 - 3 coats for fear of clumping, stuck lashes but that goes a long way.

Overall it gives a nice, fanned out thick lashed appearance. Almost the appearance of falsies. I'm still a little on the fence about this product but overall very good product and a good price. I picked it up at Walmart for $6 or $7. I'm giving 3 lippies bc it can make stuck lashes and I hate that :(

on 6/21/2014 10:15:00 PM

When I first bought this mascara, I didn't like it so much. (that's why I'm giving it 4 lippies and not 5. When I buy a mascara, I want to love it immediately, not wait for a month and then like it.)

Anyway, now I love it! It's my new favorite mascara! I love the brush. It's fat with those short rubber bristles, and I love those. It makes my lashes super thick and luxurious, and it lengthens them so much. In some weird way, it kind of curls my lashes a little bit. It's not supposed to but, hey, I'm not complaining.

The point is, I love this mascara and I think you should definitely give it a try.

on 6/21/2014 10:30:00 AM

This the worst mascara out there. Not to toot my own horn, I have natural very long curly full lashes and honestly any mascara will do it for me. But THIS!! MY GOD! The brush is so fat and short that it hits my nose and the product is SO hard to remove, and it leaves a dark gray looking stain. It's very wet and dear god it transfers HORRIBLY onto my top and bottom. It doesn't comb Through my lashes, it just clumps so bad and it doesn't give my lashes any volume. When It dries it feels SO stiff like hairspray and then here come the flakes... I HATE IT! And I'm so sad because I love maybelline mascaras. Will never repurchase.

on 6/19/2014 5:59:00 PM

i have bought it today-after having tried it several times before- and I am pretty happy with it
Naturally,my lashes are long and black,they do not need much mascara but they do need some defining.
What I like most is that you can apply one layer,and it looks natural.If you want more,you can apply again and so on until you get the look you want. So basically,you can "adapt" it to your needs.
What I dislike is that it comes off really really hard,or is it just me?I have to RUB my eyes with makeup remover.
However, it is a good product with great packaging and resaonable price-just as many other maybelline products!

on 6/19/2014 5:09:00 PM

Im so in love with this mascara! After try everything M.A.C, Clinique, other drugstores that do their work but nothing like this.. This is my Holy Grail now!!

on 6/18/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this it makes my lashes really POP!

on 6/17/2014 11:20:00 AM

This is by far my favorite mascara. I have really long, blonde, naturally curled eyelashes, but they are not thick. I usually go for volumizing mascaras as opposed to lengthening/combo mascaras in fear that I'll obtain the dreaded "spider lashes" look. This mascara provides awesome volume and great definition, without adding an obscene amount of length. I use Blackest Black and it applies smoothly and dries to a beautiful, glossy finish. This mascara never clumps thanks to the awesome "LashBlast"-like brush. The bristles on this brush seem to be a bit finer and shorter than LashBlast, but they are still stiff and provide great separation and application. I keep trying different mascaras and continuously come back to this one. Great price, great mascara!

I will forewarn that it is a bit hard to remove, but does come off. It also hurts like hell if you poke yourself in the eye, more so than other mascaras with similar wands, but I probably poke myself in the eye more than the average person :)

on 6/15/2014 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried high end and low end mascaras and still would never find the perfect one. I've tried tarte, Urban Decay, MAC, benefit, smash box, too faced, the balm all the way down to wet & wild, la. colors, revlon and elf. But let me tell you.. Nothing compares to this mascara, it IS my holy grail product and I love it to death. It gives me outrageous volume, and I swear I've had over 5 people ask me what mascara I use ever since I've started wearing the rocket. (-:

on 6/12/2014 1:29:00 PM

i love this mascara!! i actually bought one and went back to buy two more! I'm the type of person that will apply multiple coats of mascara to achieve the "fake eyelashes look" but after applying only one coat it made my lashes look big and voluminous. it also doesn't have that crunchy feel after it dries and i haven't had any problems with flaking throughout the day! i would totally recommend this mascara if you like the dramatic eyelashes look.

Video Reviews & Tutorials