August 29, 2014 | 964 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Jasperla

I really love the beautiful neutrals in this palette. I have been using this daily for four months, and its looks almost new. The shadows are very pigmented so a little goes a long way. However the staying power without a primer is not the best. It creases and melts off my lids within 5 hours. With a primer they last for up to 12 hours beautifully! I will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

Everyday when I do my makeup this is the pallette I reach for all the time just like the name says basics that's what it is. It's easy to use great for day and night looks and just really versatile. The truth is I'm not crazy about this pallette at all it's just the pallette I use when I'm running late or I'm not feeling creative. I do like that it's mattes and they're simple and fast to use also when I just do a basic shadow with a cut crease I get so many compliments in my shadow which is good but I'm just not crazy about this pallette! I do recommend it to beginners and minimalists.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing palette. I really was itching to get Naked2, but curbed that impulse by getting this one and I am not disappointed. It comes with 5 amazing matte shades and one shimmery white tone.

I would recommend this to people starting out with makeup because it is a great tool for a basic cat or smokey eye. I'd also recommend this to people with more experience because it's a great deal (6 full sized UD shadows for $30 WOW) and the colours are classy as f*ck.

I've heard a lot of people complain about the two nude shades that are quite close, but for my NW15 skin I can definitely see the difference between the two on my eyes, and I use them to ombre my smokey eye out from the tear duct.

Overall, amazing colour payoff, wearability, and staying power. I've accidentally slept in my makeup before when using this and it has stayed all night, despite rolling around on my pillows. It's also great packaging. It's perfect for travelling (not too cumbersome), meanwhile it doesn't feel flimsy or like drugstore makeup at all. I recently thought I left it at a hotel in NYC (it was actually under a pile of clothes, silly me) and I was about to go out and re-purchase this when I found it! That's how much I adore this palette :) 10/10 would recommend.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Absolutely perfect selection of versatile shades for a variety of looks. The colors are so creamy and buttery, they blend together beautifully. I actually did a classic defined look using this palette and its MAC counterparts, and there's just no comparison, these colors win hands-down for blendability and richness. With one palette you have so many looks - classic defined eye, smoky, bright highlighted fresh-faced nude, etc - the deeper brown is also great for my brows but YMMV. I always use a primer, and this lasts all day (14+ hours) with zero creasing, fading, or irritation. Used it on a bride and she told me her makeup still looked fresh the next day! I am in love! Will be stockpiling this for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This palette is so darn handy. Convenient size, sturdy packaging, great mirror, and colors that are good for everything from highlighting to blending to brows to deeper smoky looks. I always bring it with me when I travel, and find myself reaching for it on a near daily basis at home as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MandyYoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this pallet. So many different looks in a single pallet, I can use it for simple every day looks, a night out and as stage make up.

I find it does require a setting spray or primer to last through my 16-18 hour days. I finally found an eye shadow that doesn't interact with my very sensitive eyes and contact lenses.

Very smooth product, it goes on beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by AngelicVirgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this palette for myself three months ago in Sephora in Barcelona for €10 which I thought was a great deal (I'm from Ireland some shop here have €25-€30 on the price) I heard good things about it and seen so many tutorials about it now I'm always using it can't live without it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While this is a cute compact, the colors are nothing special. My Physician's Formula Canyon Classics compact offers more variety for $6.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If I could give this product 100 stars I would. I own the original naked palette and the naked basics palette and since I've bought them i haven't purchased another eyeshadow since. The orignial naked palette is quite large and I wanted something that I could take with me on an every day basis. This is PERFECT.

-like all the other Urban Decay shadows these are amazing. So smooth and velvety, not powdery not chalky. As long as you tap your brush before putting it to your eye there's no fallout.
-the packaging is perfect. So small it could probably fit in your pocket or your wallet. About the size of my hand, maybe smaller. Rubberized outside, huge mirror, very durable as well.
-the price was a bit high as I expected. 27 dollars but honestly the quality of the packaging and the shadows deserves 27 dollars.
-I switch between my naked palette and this naked basics palette but when it comes to on the go makeup when I'm in a rush I go for this palette every time. I can take it with me anywhere and I don't have to worry about creating a certain look cause I have every color I could want for an everyday look or a smokey look.

The Shadows:
Venus-a shimmery neutral highlight color. Perfect for a browbone highlight or brushed all over the lid. not too pink like MAC's phloof and not too yellow like nylon. it's right in the middle
Foxy- is a yellow toned neutral shade. Kind of like a buttercream color. Perfect for a matte highlight.
WOS- a very unique shade. I'd call it a creamy rosy neutral color.
Naked 2- a dirty taupe grey. Not as purple as tease from the naked 2 palette. Kind of comparable to MAC's Malt or Quarry put together.
Faint-a midtone brown. Great for the crease area. Similar to mulch from MAC.
Crave- a matte black. Perfect for liner or a smoky eye.

If someone took this from me I would repurchase it again in a heartbeat. As a college student I don't always have the time to do my makeup, this palette makes life so easy, I have every color I need for a perfect everyday look without having to rummage through all my shadows. LOVE THIS PALETTE <333

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The price point is not that bad, but I just did not LOVE this product...

I found the shadows not super pigmented and not super blendable... I used UDPP and a Paint Pot and just nothing... nothing worked... I wanted to love it but I can't make a look out of it. I still use it don't get me wrong but it's not my go to :(

The product is NOT something I would recommend... I just haven't had luck

Yes mine is REAL

Yes it was purchased from ULTA

So I know it is legit.