October 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

I got this, but ended up sending it back. The eyeshadows are great quality, but they just want too much money for what this is. L'Oreal also owns UD, so I'm sure that some dupes could be had in their line, at more affordable drug store pricing. If not, look to NYX's Nude Matte's line.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably it is one of the best combination of neutral matte eye shades that is on the market nowadays. It has such shades that can pass to anyone, no matter if you have blue, green or brown eyes. Moreover, you can create different looks from natural every day make up to smoky evening make up. I personally find this palette very practical.
The eye shadows are highly pigmented, easy to blend, have a decent staying power even if used without any eye shadow primer. The only thing you have to be careful while applying the darkest eye shadows (Crave and Faint), as they may dust a little bit. So I always tap the excess eye shadows off the brush. But overall, they all have a nice velvety texture.
"Venus" is the only shade that is not matte, I always use it as a highlighter, either in the inner corner of the eyes or in the middle of the lid on top of another eye shadow to highlight the colour and make the eyes look brighter.
"Foxy" is a perfect base colour. It lightens a bit the eyelids and gives a good base for applying other eye shadows on top of it. It gives matte ivory finish.
"Walk of shame"- I always use it under the eyebrows or when blending the edges of darker eye shadows in the crease. It is paler that "Foxy" and can be used also as a matte highlighter.
"Naked 2" - can be used in different ways, depends what kind of look you want to achieve. Mostly I apply it either all over the eyelid for a day make up or just in the inner corner of the eye for evening make up. Great brownish-grey colour.
"Faint" - again can be used in different ways, I use it either on the outer corner of the eye and in the crease or all over the eyelid for smoky evening make up. Great shade for any eye colour.
"Crave" - black matte shade. I use it mostly instead of the eye liner or for different kind of evening make up looks.
The container is very stylish and has a good sized mirror inside. But at the same time it is small enough to put in a bag for touch-ups if needed.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by AlyaAbdel

I love this eyeshadow palette. Five of the colors are matte, with the exception of Venus which has a very subtle shimmer to it. I absolutely love that they are matte, I prefer that, as I believe it flatters most skin tones. This is my new go-to palette, the colors are very pigmented and go on very smooth! I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for six basic colors to add to their personal kit. Thank you, Urban Decay!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I wasn't impressed with this palette because I thought it was boring. Would work great for a neutral cat eye look but since I have hooded eyes I could never make that work. Then this morning I paired it with my favorite UD shadow in Roach and I was in love. I now look forward to trying it with other UD single shadows. It truly is a basics palette that will work beautifully for a variety of different looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

Starting to review products again, and thought why not have my Basics palette as my first review since I do reach for it quite a bit!

This is a great everyday wear palette, that you can get a lot of looks out with just the colors in this palette and not having to pull from another palette/shawdow (although you can do that too becaue the colors are so neutral). I love the fact that all the colors are matte, I am a teacher and really don't like a lot of shimmer during the day. Great addition to any makeup collection. One con (which I don't think is a con, but annoys me anyway), is that the one color that I fell in love with as a base (Walk of Shame) is not available as a single shadow. :( That being said, I would gladly shell out the $18 USD for this shadow and can't and I am not going to buy another Basic palette because I still have so much color left in the other shadows.

Hopefully UD will make this available as a single shadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by MissAtomic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this and the first NAKED palette on a daily basis. I loved the first NAKED palette because I mostly use neutrals for my day-to-day looks but I wished there were more matte colours. When I heard about this palette I almost cried from how excited I was, and upon getting it, I wasn't disappointed! The colours are very pigmented and so smooth and blendable! My mom was actually so impressed with this palette as well I had to go buy her one so she'd stop stealing mine. Every colour is usuable, which is almost a rarity in a palette! I definitely say it's something you need if you do vintage looks or if you use a lot of neutrals daily, it's literally perfect in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Jasperla

I really love the beautiful neutrals in this palette. I have been using this daily for four months, and its looks almost new. The shadows are very pigmented so a little goes a long way. However the staying power without a primer is not the best. It creases and melts off my lids within 5 hours. With a primer they last for up to 12 hours beautifully! I will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

Everyday when I do my makeup this is the pallette I reach for all the time just like the name says basics that's what it is. It's easy to use great for day and night looks and just really versatile. The truth is I'm not crazy about this pallette at all it's just the pallette I use when I'm running late or I'm not feeling creative. I do like that it's mattes and they're simple and fast to use also when I just do a basic shadow with a cut crease I get so many compliments in my shadow which is good but I'm just not crazy about this pallette! I do recommend it to beginners and minimalists.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing palette. I really was itching to get Naked2, but curbed that impulse by getting this one and I am not disappointed. It comes with 5 amazing matte shades and one shimmery white tone.

I would recommend this to people starting out with makeup because it is a great tool for a basic cat or smokey eye. I'd also recommend this to people with more experience because it's a great deal (6 full sized UD shadows for $30 WOW) and the colours are classy as f*ck.

I've heard a lot of people complain about the two nude shades that are quite close, but for my NW15 skin I can definitely see the difference between the two on my eyes, and I use them to ombre my smokey eye out from the tear duct.

Overall, amazing colour payoff, wearability, and staying power. I've accidentally slept in my makeup before when using this and it has stayed all night, despite rolling around on my pillows. It's also great packaging. It's perfect for travelling (not too cumbersome), meanwhile it doesn't feel flimsy or like drugstore makeup at all. I recently thought I left it at a hotel in NYC (it was actually under a pile of clothes, silly me) and I was about to go out and re-purchase this when I found it! That's how much I adore this palette :) 10/10 would recommend.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Absolutely perfect selection of versatile shades for a variety of looks. The colors are so creamy and buttery, they blend together beautifully. I actually did a classic defined look using this palette and its MAC counterparts, and there's just no comparison, these colors win hands-down for blendability and richness. With one palette you have so many looks - classic defined eye, smoky, bright highlighted fresh-faced nude, etc - the deeper brown is also great for my brows but YMMV. I always use a primer, and this lasts all day (14+ hours) with zero creasing, fading, or irritation. Used it on a bride and she told me her makeup still looked fresh the next day! I am in love! Will be stockpiling this for sure.