October 1, 2014 | 933 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first I wasn't impressed with this palette because I thought it was boring. Would work great for a neutral cat eye look but since I have hooded eyes I could never make that work. Then this morning I paired it with my favorite UD shadow in Roach and I was in love. I now look forward to trying it with other UD single shadows. It truly is a basics palette that will work beautifully for a variety of different looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

Starting to review products again, and thought why not have my Basics palette as my first review since I do reach for it quite a bit!

This is a great everyday wear palette, that you can get a lot of looks out with just the colors in this palette and not having to pull from another palette/shawdow (although you can do that too becaue the colors are so neutral). I love the fact that all the colors are matte, I am a teacher and really don't like a lot of shimmer during the day. Great addition to any makeup collection. One con (which I don't think is a con, but annoys me anyway), is that the one color that I fell in love with as a base (Walk of Shame) is not available as a single shadow. :( That being said, I would gladly shell out the $18 USD for this shadow and can't and I am not going to buy another Basic palette because I still have so much color left in the other shadows.

Hopefully UD will make this available as a single shadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by MissAtomic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this and the first NAKED palette on a daily basis. I loved the first NAKED palette because I mostly use neutrals for my day-to-day looks but I wished there were more matte colours. When I heard about this palette I almost cried from how excited I was, and upon getting it, I wasn't disappointed! The colours are very pigmented and so smooth and blendable! My mom was actually so impressed with this palette as well I had to go buy her one so she'd stop stealing mine. Every colour is usuable, which is almost a rarity in a palette! I definitely say it's something you need if you do vintage looks or if you use a lot of neutrals daily, it's literally perfect in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Jasperla

I really love the beautiful neutrals in this palette. I have been using this daily for four months, and its looks almost new. The shadows are very pigmented so a little goes a long way. However the staying power without a primer is not the best. It creases and melts off my lids within 5 hours. With a primer they last for up to 12 hours beautifully! I will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

Everyday when I do my makeup this is the pallette I reach for all the time just like the name says basics that's what it is. It's easy to use great for day and night looks and just really versatile. The truth is I'm not crazy about this pallette at all it's just the pallette I use when I'm running late or I'm not feeling creative. I do like that it's mattes and they're simple and fast to use also when I just do a basic shadow with a cut crease I get so many compliments in my shadow which is good but I'm just not crazy about this pallette! I do recommend it to beginners and minimalists.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing palette. I really was itching to get Naked2, but curbed that impulse by getting this one and I am not disappointed. It comes with 5 amazing matte shades and one shimmery white tone.

I would recommend this to people starting out with makeup because it is a great tool for a basic cat or smokey eye. I'd also recommend this to people with more experience because it's a great deal (6 full sized UD shadows for $30 WOW) and the colours are classy as f*ck.

I've heard a lot of people complain about the two nude shades that are quite close, but for my NW15 skin I can definitely see the difference between the two on my eyes, and I use them to ombre my smokey eye out from the tear duct.

Overall, amazing colour payoff, wearability, and staying power. I've accidentally slept in my makeup before when using this and it has stayed all night, despite rolling around on my pillows. It's also great packaging. It's perfect for travelling (not too cumbersome), meanwhile it doesn't feel flimsy or like drugstore makeup at all. I recently thought I left it at a hotel in NYC (it was actually under a pile of clothes, silly me) and I was about to go out and re-purchase this when I found it! That's how much I adore this palette :) 10/10 would recommend.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Absolutely perfect selection of versatile shades for a variety of looks. The colors are so creamy and buttery, they blend together beautifully. I actually did a classic defined look using this palette and its MAC counterparts, and there's just no comparison, these colors win hands-down for blendability and richness. With one palette you have so many looks - classic defined eye, smoky, bright highlighted fresh-faced nude, etc - the deeper brown is also great for my brows but YMMV. I always use a primer, and this lasts all day (14+ hours) with zero creasing, fading, or irritation. Used it on a bride and she told me her makeup still looked fresh the next day! I am in love! Will be stockpiling this for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This palette is so darn handy. Convenient size, sturdy packaging, great mirror, and colors that are good for everything from highlighting to blending to brows to deeper smoky looks. I always bring it with me when I travel, and find myself reaching for it on a near daily basis at home as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MandyYoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this pallet. So many different looks in a single pallet, I can use it for simple every day looks, a night out and as stage make up.

I find it does require a setting spray or primer to last through my 16-18 hour days. I finally found an eye shadow that doesn't interact with my very sensitive eyes and contact lenses.

Very smooth product, it goes on beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by AngelicVirgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this palette for myself three months ago in Sephora in Barcelona for €10 which I thought was a great deal (I'm from Ireland some shop here have €25-€30 on the price) I heard good things about it and seen so many tutorials about it now I'm always using it can't live without it