July 24, 2014 | 2245 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Choc0lat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did not try the original formula, so I can't compare the two. I have oily/combination skin with moderate post-acne scarring, and yet my skin is in need of moisture. This bb cream is different from the Asian ones, so it is not exactly a bb cream. The texture reminds me of a Vichy normateint foundation - very runny and filled with alcohol. It gives a good coverage in terms of concealing yet it doesn't smooth the overall appearance. Looks very natural on pictures, it is not matte, rather dewy. No oily look, can be used with translucent powder. It claims to: hydrate - with what? alcohol? it dries and stings, renew - no, even - rather conceal, control shine - not exactly, minimize pores - it makes pores larger at some parts.
The color I got is medium/dark - will do for the summer

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by blissful3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I approached bb creams cautiously because I do not like trying new products on my face because I am more prone to breakouts. I heard so many great things about this product from people that have the same skin as me, acne-prone and oily, I couldn't resist any longer.

I bought the one light-medium which was a taaaad too light for my skin but I still made it work with some bronzer. This just made my skin look so good. It didn't take a lot to get great coverage that hid my acne scars, a current breakout, and any redness that I might have. This also made my pores disappear! What made me love this product even more was the lasting power...I didn't set this product with any powder because I don't like the look powder gives to my skin so I was thinking let me take a chance and see if this holds up to my skin without any powder. It held on so beautifully! I wore this to a party where I danced a lot and got oily but you could hardly detect it on my face! I went for a blotting sheet mid way through the party because I was expecting to get some oil but there was hardly anything on the sheet which was so amazing to see!

Now, I know you're thinking...why is her rating for this product so low when all she is doing is raving about it?

Well, this broke me out. I didn't want to believe it at first because I was thinking no way I have finally found a holy grail product for my face no way this can't break me out. Well, it did. And big ones at that. I got a few cystic ones on my chin and cheek, the ones so deep you can't get rid of them and have to wait for them to leave on their own. Well, they won't leave. I tried this product again after a couple of weeks of not using it, where my skin was finally clearing up, and it broke me out...again.

This makes me so sad! You are so lucky if this doesn't break you out, I wish it didn't make me break out! I wonder what ingredient it could be in it that didn't mesh with my skin.

*sigh*

I give it a 3 because aside from it breaking me out, it is still a great product if you are looking for a bb cream that stays on oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fairly dry skin, but I found the original formula of Garnier's BB cream to be a little too slick for me, so I decided to try this one. I don't really see much of a difference between the two. This one feels the same on my skin as the original formula. That said, I did not dislike the original, so I do not dislike this one either. I find that using a light setting powder handles the shininess anyway.
The thing I dislike about it is the packaging. It leaks into the cap even when it's laying on its side, and it ends up being far more messy than it needs to be. I preferred the other packaging on the original.
As far as the color goes, I have fairly pale skin with a very warm undertone (NC20 or so), and the light/medium works well for me. It is a bit darker than my skin, but it does not look unnatural or leave weird lines or anything. I would think that anyone lighter than me would have an issue with the color, though.
I would recommend and do repurchase. It's a very good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by graciesooah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a girl that used to use Revlon's colorstay foundation for combination/oily skin. And for those of you who don't know, the colorstay line gives you a VERY FULL COVERAGE. I was scared when I first bought this product because going from a heavy foundation to a BB cream is quite a big leap. However, I am HIGHLY impressed with the coverage. It controls the oil well, but I still have to blot at least once a day (that is why I deducted a lippy). I'm not so sure if it helps improve skin (since I bought this like two days ago), but I think it will because using a BB cream is WAY better than foundation. So in conclusion... STOP WASTING YOUR TIME AND BUY THIS NOW.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by californiagirl103

This BB cream is 10x better than the original.... I have really oily skin and this holds up much like Revlon color stay in my opinion. Also this formula is much less pink than the original, which I like because I have yellow undertones. It is quite neutral so it will work on many skin tones. I am pretty pale (NC20 in MAC) and the lightest shade in this is still too dark. Mixing it with your moisturizer makes it lighter!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by amyk99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my first bb cream and i can easily say it isnt a bb cream, more like a light-medium foundation, doesnt benefit your skin at all ahha so as usual wouldnt classify under the term BB cream.

Its great for oily skin, lasting power is really great, if you dont have THAT oily skin you could go byw ithout a primer or powder because as your skin gets oily throughout the day it tends to have more of a dewy finish rather than a gross oil slick greaseball, it looks somewhat natural and dewy.

GREAT coverage!! honestly looks flawless because i dont have that severe acne, really nice and matte and medium fits me perfectly. doesn't break me out but it has broken A LOT of people out so if it doesnt break you out you're heaps lucky!!

packaging is horrible though, runny and goes everywhere and you cant stand the tube up or it will just explode once you open the cap! really good though, love it heaps x

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so fed up with they hysteria about BB creams it's not funny anymore. And now we have the CC and DD versions! I can't wait for the ZZ. No, really. I can't wait. Maybe then manufacturers will move on to something different (say, numbers, instead of letters; heck, it would be a change).

However, being the MU junkie I am, I have sampled a few to see what the bloody hell the fuss was all about. I didn't like any of them. Coverage, zero. Colors, absurd. Pricey oil slicks, most of them. Until I found this one.

I wanted something oil-free, but not too drying, to help me cope with my retin-A treated skin. Something lighter than fdt. for the hot summer we're having where I live. I was at RiteAid for something else, but I passed this and though, oh, why not? and got a tube, fully expecting to being forced to return it the next day.

Well, what do you know. The is the ONLY BB cream that justifies the pandemic hooh-hah about the stuff. It has decent coverage. The color is good (light-med). It's not a greasy mess. Doesn't break me out. Has SS. Reasonably-priced (it's a big tube). I can even wear it w/o powder (me, the Powder Queen!). This is the ONLY BB cream I want. Good product.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Teaspenc

I love this it covers all I want but still looks natural. I also feel like it lasts all day. My new go to!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by 54ndy93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG! this is my love affair at the moment! I am usually a foundation person because I have quite a bit of problem areas on my face from acne that need serious coverage. I never bought into the idea of a bb cream for acne-ridden skin. This is my first bb cream and I am AMAZED. I love that it is 2 oz worth of product unlike most foundations that are 1 or less oz. The consistency of it is very runny, but you know what? It feels like NOTHING literally! It looks like real skin and I love how it feels and looks. I am never a fan of heavy/masky foundation. The coverage is light to medium, and it is very even with no patchiness. I use a concealer with it to hide the angry red bumps. I always have to use concealer no matter how great the coverage may be. It has a very smooth and natural matte finish. I have to set it with powder to make it look even better and control my oily skin. It lets my skin breath, and it did not break me out. the lasting power is impressive too!
What made me love this bb cream so much was the color. I have pale skin with neutral undertones. In MAC shades I'm NC 10-15 anything darker makes me look orange. This bb cream has the most true undertones to real skin. Melanin in our skin has a brown beige color. I understand yellow and pink, but I don't know why makeup companies feel the need to add orange crap to their foundation. I use light medium shade of this bb cream and it looks fantastic. No weird undertones at all. It is a hair deeper than my skin, but I love that. I totally recommend the oily/combo version to anyone looking for a great alternative to foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by KelsySJ

This is my first experience with BB cream and I have to say I'm impressed. Great coverage - only have to use concealer on the odd stubborn blemish. Lasts ALL day. Packaging needs work though - so messy! Would do better with a pump mechanism.