August 2, 2014 | 1622 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by nquynh

I remember buying the very first original formula for this BB cream and I instantly fell in love. It was perfect for me. I don't have very oily or acne prone skin. Using the original formula evened out my skin, provided enough moisture, and looked amazing. I remember a customer at my old job commenting on how much my skin glowed using it. However, much to my dismay, they either discontinued it for a while or something, but they released the newer formula and I gave it a try. Worst choice EVER! I absolutely hate this new formula. During the first week, it seemed to work okay. I wasn't completely loving it. It makes your face matte, which some people like, but not me. It showed all of my imperfections. No coverage whatsoever. Just a dry layer of color over my skin. Unattractive as hell. Eventually, I noticed that it started making me break out on the cheeks. I can assure you I'm very easy going with my skin, but this, it completely ruined me! I haven't broken out since 8th grade! I absolutely hate this product and would NEVER buy it or recommend it to anyone. If I could give it one star, I would. How unpleasant!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by TDeP19

Perfect and lightweight for summertime. Made my face even more clear than too faced beauty balm. Only downfall is overflowing cap packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by ElizabethWatson

I Think the price and coverage that this Product gives you is GREAT! But, this still makes me pretty oily throughout the day, and blotting my face is something that a good BB-Cream just isn't supposed to make me do, especially not when it is said to be suited for oily and combination skin. Nah, Im gonna keep on looking.

But on the Bright side, it is very light! It just gets more greasier throughout the day so for a short period of time use this is pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Briannababees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My go-to BB cream for sure! The coverage is great and it evens out my skin before i put my makeup on. Lasts about 3 to 4 months and i use it daily. Im not in search for another BB cream. I will repurchase this for a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I picked this up a few months back at my local drugstore and was a little leery at first but with summer here I didn't want to do my normal makeup routine so I pulled the bottle out and gave it a whirl. Man am I gad I did. I use this and the Garnier eye roller for dark circles and then set them with Smashbox Halo powder in Light. I have received more compliments on my skin then on my makeup and that's what I prefer. I does give light to medium coverage and adds a sort of glow factor to the skin.

I have fairly sensitive skin and normally breakout when I try new products but I did not experience that with this product. I will definitely repurchase. Please note that I am reviewing the Oily/Combo skin formula in Light/Medium.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Choc0lat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did not try the original formula, so I can't compare the two. I have oily/combination skin with moderate post-acne scarring, and yet my skin is in need of moisture. This bb cream is different from the Asian ones, so it is not exactly a bb cream. The texture reminds me of a Vichy normateint foundation - very runny and filled with alcohol. It gives a good coverage in terms of concealing yet it doesn't smooth the overall appearance. Looks very natural on pictures, it is not matte, rather dewy. No oily look, can be used with translucent powder. It claims to: hydrate - with what? alcohol? it dries and stings, renew - no, even - rather conceal, control shine - not exactly, minimize pores - it makes pores larger at some parts.
The color I got is medium/dark - will do for the summer

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by blissful3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I approached bb creams cautiously because I do not like trying new products on my face because I am more prone to breakouts. I heard so many great things about this product from people that have the same skin as me, acne-prone and oily, I couldn't resist any longer.

I bought the one light-medium which was a taaaad too light for my skin but I still made it work with some bronzer. This just made my skin look so good. It didn't take a lot to get great coverage that hid my acne scars, a current breakout, and any redness that I might have. This also made my pores disappear! What made me love this product even more was the lasting power...I didn't set this product with any powder because I don't like the look powder gives to my skin so I was thinking let me take a chance and see if this holds up to my skin without any powder. It held on so beautifully! I wore this to a party where I danced a lot and got oily but you could hardly detect it on my face! I went for a blotting sheet mid way through the party because I was expecting to get some oil but there was hardly anything on the sheet which was so amazing to see!

Now, I know you're thinking...why is her rating for this product so low when all she is doing is raving about it?

Well, this broke me out. I didn't want to believe it at first because I was thinking no way I have finally found a holy grail product for my face no way this can't break me out. Well, it did. And big ones at that. I got a few cystic ones on my chin and cheek, the ones so deep you can't get rid of them and have to wait for them to leave on their own. Well, they won't leave. I tried this product again after a couple of weeks of not using it, where my skin was finally clearing up, and it broke me out...again.

This makes me so sad! You are so lucky if this doesn't break you out, I wish it didn't make me break out! I wonder what ingredient it could be in it that didn't mesh with my skin.

*sigh*

I give it a 3 because aside from it breaking me out, it is still a great product if you are looking for a bb cream that stays on oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fairly dry skin, but I found the original formula of Garnier's BB cream to be a little too slick for me, so I decided to try this one. I don't really see much of a difference between the two. This one feels the same on my skin as the original formula. That said, I did not dislike the original, so I do not dislike this one either. I find that using a light setting powder handles the shininess anyway.
The thing I dislike about it is the packaging. It leaks into the cap even when it's laying on its side, and it ends up being far more messy than it needs to be. I preferred the other packaging on the original.
As far as the color goes, I have fairly pale skin with a very warm undertone (NC20 or so), and the light/medium works well for me. It is a bit darker than my skin, but it does not look unnatural or leave weird lines or anything. I would think that anyone lighter than me would have an issue with the color, though.
I would recommend and do repurchase. It's a very good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by graciesooah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a girl that used to use Revlon's colorstay foundation for combination/oily skin. And for those of you who don't know, the colorstay line gives you a VERY FULL COVERAGE. I was scared when I first bought this product because going from a heavy foundation to a BB cream is quite a big leap. However, I am HIGHLY impressed with the coverage. It controls the oil well, but I still have to blot at least once a day (that is why I deducted a lippy). I'm not so sure if it helps improve skin (since I bought this like two days ago), but I think it will because using a BB cream is WAY better than foundation. So in conclusion... STOP WASTING YOUR TIME AND BUY THIS NOW.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by californiagirl103

This BB cream is 10x better than the original.... I have really oily skin and this holds up much like Revlon color stay in my opinion. Also this formula is much less pink than the original, which I like because I have yellow undertones. It is quite neutral so it will work on many skin tones. I am pretty pale (NC20 in MAC) and the lightest shade in this is still too dark. Mixing it with your moisturizer makes it lighter!