July 31, 2014 | 2029 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by DebWil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the previous reviewer. This brush did nothing to help me apply foundation better. It is way too dense and short to blend foundation out without wiping it off of the skin. I don't know how everyone else is using it that is so miraculous, but for me it was a 'no'.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the worst brush I have ever bought. I have a brush I got from target for a $1 that works better. It was way too dense and domed to blend any foundation out properly with out tugging and irritating the skin. I washed it once and it took two days to properly dry. There are way better full coverage brushes out there. I'd save your money for the Shiseido one. I'm glad I bought this at Ulta because I returned it the next week.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I was holding off this purchase, as I recently bought the RT Core Collection. I am in love with the buffing brush from Real Techniques Core Collection for foundation. It is surprisingly my favorite to stipple in foundation over any other brush. I wasn't sure that I needed ANOTHER foundation brush.

I am glad that I finally caved for this purchase. While this brush is similar to the RT buffing brush, its shape makes it more precise for stippling in certain areas. I find that I switch this brush off with the RT buffing brush on and off. I like the choice and the two will last me forever. Neither brush sheds at all after wash. Both have bristles of just the right softness with perfect handles.

One of my favorite make up brushes! Highly recommend this brush and Real Techniques core collection buffing brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush. I use it for wet foundations and cream blushes (even stick blushes, like those from NYX and Tarte). It is especially nice to use with compact foundations, like Revlon's PhotoReady, as it picks up just enough product to be workable. I especially like using it to feather out the edges of my concealer, both under my eyes and across the lid.

I think the secret to this brush not "eating" all of your product is to apply toward the center of your face and blend outward. By the time I've reached my jawbone and forehead, the last bit of product smooths out perfectly.

Two things I especially love are: the price (especially if you catch a BOGO), and how easy it is to clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

perfect for its purpose, liquid foundation or creams. its so easy to work with, a must have

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

This brush is fantastic for foundation just like the buffing brush. The shape of it makes it easy to get around your nose & eyes and it blends nicely.. I love that they're synthetic too. I've only used it for foundation so far but I've heard it's great for contouring, too. I love that I can find these in my drugstores now also. Such great quality brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mjb312

Works great!!! super soft, easy to clean, and doesn't irritate my face(:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

This brush has become my absolute favourite brush!
I used to have the MAC #187 Stippling Brush but after having used it for years I decided to replace it and came across the Stippling Brush by Real Techniques in Boots. Since I had never heard of the brand or Samantha Chapman before I went back home and checked online and saw a lot of reviews praising the brushes by her so I decided to buy it. After having used it for a while I saw that a lot of beauty gurus on Youtube were using the Expert Face Brush and that's how I ended up buying this brush. I didn't need it but I wanted it.

I use this brush to apply my liquid foundation, which is currently the Revlon Colorstay. Since I don't use any powder on my face I can't really give my opinion on that. However it does an excellent job for aplying the foundation evenly on my face. The bristles are dense and super soft and doesn't irritate your skin. This brush is hands down the best foundation brush I have ever tried!

I highly recommend this product! I find that it is even better than any MAC foundation/stippling brush and it's really affordable On top of that the bristles are synthetic so it's Vegetarian/Vegan friendly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Was really excited to try out this brush, but I am disappointed and will stick with the Coastal Scents Bionic Flattop Buffer. Cons -
Ended up using more product than usual because of the size of the brush. Of all the brushes I have tried, the flat top buffer seems to work for me, it gives me the airbrushed effect that I am looking for without having to use a ton of product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Jerena

My first RT brush and i wanted to try it because i think its the most popular brush out all of them. Honestly i didn't like it at all. Bristles are not dense enough and i noticed i have to use twice more foundation because most of it stays on the brush. I heard that its similar to Sigma F82 well its not true, f82 is way better. I wanted to return it but started using it for my chanel bronze universel and seems that it does a better job than with foundation.