Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 4/19/2014 6:31:00 AM

I really like my brush, but it does shed bristles as well as my stippling brush. I do love them tho and i will repurchase hoping that those were from the bad batch

on 4/18/2014 6:22:00 PM

The black part of the handle broke as soon as i got this brush. Besides that, and because i fix it with super glue, I don like it for foundation because it leaves a lot of streaks..., so i think ill be using it for countouring with cream products or even powders... Didnt blew me away as i expected from all the hype...

on 4/17/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So torn between this and my stippling. I have experienced minor shedding but nothing I can't work around! It's perfect for nearly everything I've ever tried to do with it.

on 4/16/2014 7:15:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this so much. I used to use the beauty blender but I saw a lot of Youtubers and bloggers using this so I thought I would give it a go. And it's amazing! It gives a completely flawless finish, it's super soft, it blends my liquid foundation perfectly without soaking up too much product and I use it to blend in my concealer too. It's also super cheap! I would seriously recommend buying this. The only thing I'm not hugely fussed on is the packaging and look of the brush ( I find the shape a bit weird - I know it's so you can stand it up but I don't really feel the need to do that very often). But I can definitely overlook that because this brush is amazing in every other way!!

This is problaby the best brush I own.
Once I got my four RT brushes, it became the only brushes i'll ever use on my face.
DEFINETLY worth the hype, you should all try it out.

on 4/5/2014 7:42:00 AM

Superb makeup brush! Everyone needs this for flawless foundation!

on 4/4/2014 11:11:00 PM

Originally, I wouldn't have gotten this brush if I didn't have a gift card to the Kohl's I bought it at. I'm a HUGE packaging snob and have endlessly been spoiled by big name, high quality brands. This little brush--despite it's cheap plastic packaging, and (in my opinion) ugly design--has BLOWN me out of the water! It sits in the hand comfortably, is ergonomically shaped for gripping between the forefingersand the space between the thumb and index finger, and the oddly shaped bristles and slightly pinched ferrule allow the brush head to get easily into corners and odd spaces on your face. I've experienced even, streak-free coverage with this brush using my very thin, everyday foundation (UD Naked Skin) and my very thick BB Cream (Smashbox BB Cream). It's definitely becoming my favorite foundation brush, almost beating out my Sigma Kabuki brush, and Lord help me, do I love that brush. It seems to play nicer with your skin if you're using a primer, but that may just be me and the condition of my skin. It's definitely worth what comparatively little money you'll spend stacked against the big boys, and I have recommended it to pretty much anyone who will listen to me concerning makeup for more than two seconds.

on 3/30/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

WHOA! Believe the hype, my friends. I just learned about this brush from the Board - can you say, "out of the loop?" My initial thought was that it looked really cheesy - the weird handle, etc., but after reading the reviews here, AND everywhere on the 'net, I decided it was a very low-risk purchase in every way...ie. fab reviews & low price.
Fast-forward . . . I've used it 3 or 4 times & it blows every foundation brush I've ever used right out of the water. (Each of my other brushes cost 4 or 5 times(!) what this one does, so go freakin' figure.)
Applies my (liquid) foundation effortlessly & elegantly, and I definitely use a bit less foundation than I usually do - with fingers, or other brushes. It's softness is legendary and its weight/heft in the hand feels just right. Also, the handle length is convenient / not too short, & will be good for travel. Yes, it looks a little different, but this is truly a gem. Will now start researching the other brushes from this line :D

on 3/30/2014 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love Real Techniques brushes...but this is a let down for me. I have found this doesn't blend certain formulas of foundation as well as others. It worked great with my Kat Von D Lock it (buffed it in nicely on my skin, no streaks, quite even), but sucks up soooo much of my other liquid foundations I use (and waste) much more of the product. IMO this is too small and oddly shaped to be a great 'all-around' foundation brush. Also, this is the only RT brush I have trouble getting truly clean. When I deep-clean my brushes once a week, I always have to give this one two washes to get all the gunk (product) out. I find it difficult to lather and really stubborn. This is despite daily anti-bacterial spot-cleaning. I would not re-purchase.

on 3/26/2014 3:37:00 PM

Favorite foundation brush, use it everyday. LOVE!

Popular Makeup Brushes