Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 3/4/2014 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this brush when they started selling them at Kohl's because you really couldn't beat the price! I love the sigma buffing brushes but I thought it would be nice to have an extra when those were dirty. I use this brush to apply liquid foundation. When I first used this brush, I didn't like it all. I felt that it absorbed a lot of the foundation and left me with barely any on my face. I like medium/full coverage so I kinda tossed it aside. I picked it up again recently to use with my Garnier BB cream and I liked it a lot. I find that it works best with thinner, more liquidy products. I also tried it with my L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation since that's very liquidy and it applied great as well. So, now that I know what types of products it works for on me, I definitely like this brush and would purchase again!

on 2/13/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I recently started wearing powder foundation, and am legitimately sad that it means getting less use out of this brush. This is how much I love it.

You have not experienced buildable coverage until you tried this. A girl at Sephora did my foundation and I asked how she got it to look so natural while covering blemishes. She said I could buy the $45 Sephora brush she'd used... Or try this one for $10 plus tax from the drug store.

I don't quite know what makes this brush so great, why it makes liquid foundation so easy to apply. But it does. Right now I use it to buff around the edges of my liquid concealer, which it does really well. The angle makes it great for the whole face, but very capable of being a spot treater, too.

Best ten dollars I ever spent.

on 2/13/2014 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favourite brushes! I use this to apply my foundation and it works great on my sensitive skin :)

on 2/7/2014 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this brush! The MUA reviews don't lie, this is an excellent brush for the price and the performance!

I love how soft this brush is, it's pretty dense and does a great job of blending my foundation. I love the handle it's soft yet grip able and it can actually stand up straight on it's own without a holder. I thought that the brush head would be way too small and that it would take me longer to do my makeup but I am amazed how flawless my foundation goes on, and I get easily distracted cause it works so well that I actually like taking my time and seeing how airbrushed my face looks lol.

Buy this brush now! It's great, you can't beat the price and the quality like other MUAers mentioned.

on 2/7/2014 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

There's no doubt that the RT brushes are GREAT quality for the price.

This brush in particular is the only one I've been not satisfied with.

For someone who needs full coverage and layers their foundation to get coverage, this brush is just too small for me. It takes me twice as long to buff in my foundation with this as it would with a flat top brush. I can see why people like it, but just be aware that it does cover a small surface area.

I like to use this to buff in my undereye concealer or apply liquid highlight, but as a foundation brush it just doesn't work for me.

on 2/5/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this brush for quite a while and I can't believe I never reviewed it. I loooooveee this foundation brush. Works wonders especially with MUFE HD. It gives you the most flawless coverage without being streaky or cakey. The RT buffing brush is great as well but I prefer this one over the other. Highly recommended.

on 2/5/2014 6:48:00 AM

i love love LOVE this brush! not only is it affordable but it is also quality! i bought this online for about $15 Australian dollars and i am very pleased with how soft and dense this brush is! is also makes my foundation look smooth and flawless with out looking cakey :) would recommend!

on 1/31/2014 11:14:00 AM

Very soft, dense brush...covers smoothly... Softer than the Sephora mineral powder brush #45 after washing..n cheaper in price..good deal I'd say :-)

on 1/29/2014 8:50:00 PM

I love it! After daily use for about 2 months not a single brush hair has shed- usually a big problem with other brushes I've tried. The hairs are soft and densely packed. I use it to apply mehron celebre pro hd foundation and it's utterly flawless in less than a minute - buffed in beautifully. Highly recommend :)

on 1/27/2014 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I don't know why I didn't post a review of the Expert Face brush sooner but I'm catching up after months of use and love!

I'm a huge fan of luxury/high-end brushes (with a special, genuine love for Japanese handmade ones - Hakuhodo, Suqqu, Wayne Goss... you name them.) but I must say that I'm impressed by Samantha Chapman Real techniques brushes! Okay, they're mass-produced in China but they perform really well - the face brushes in particular are very, very good - especially for the prices they retail at. I was lucky enough to have a friend buying the different brushes and sets for me on a trip to the US so I didn't pay the price they are sold in Europe (this price tag difference is a bit unfair for us Europeans but we are used to it... well...not). Anyway...!

Pros:
- The Expert Face Brush synthetic bristles are soooo soft on the skin that they make the foundation application a great moment.
- The size of the brush is perfect - not too big, not too small - you can go on all the crevasses of the face with ease.
- There are no streaks of products left on the skin, everything blends nicely.
- The bristles are densely packed but they're much easier to clean than those of the Sigma F80 (which I do not recommend to buy anymore since it is pricier and is most likely to fall apart in less than 2 years - I know, it happened to me twice. Yes, you have read correctly, twice.) and the Expert Face Brush is then ready to use the next morning.
- So far, no shedding or ferrule loosening. Hopefully, it will remain like this for many years to come. If not, then I wouldn't have put too much money on these which is fine.
- Fantastic value for the money

Cons:
- The design. Not a fan of the wide, rubbery-base brush which stands on its own but that's because I put all my brushes in jars. It feels nice on the hand, but I'm concerned about the longevity of the rubbery part and the look of the brush in the long-run.
- The higher price tag for us Europeans who want to use the Real Techniques brushes. I mean, they remain totally affordable, I don't complain about it, but there is a real gap between US and UK price per say. Sounds stupid, but I thought it would be cheaper - or at least priced equal - in Europe since Sam if from the UK. lol. Well... I know, stupid.

In short:
I totally recommend the Real Techniques face brushes to anyone who wants to buy good quality tools at an affordable price. The Expert Face brush has become my favorite to apply foundation quickly and effectively everyday for months now. :-)

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products