October 22, 2014 | 1377 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Perfect brush for foundation! I was using Armani's foundation brush which I loved too but this is even better. I'm shocked it's so cheap and actually works so well. This brush has never, ever shed and is never scratchy/harsh on my skin. I use this with liquid foundations, BB creams, mineral foundations, powders of all kinds, etc and it works great with each one.

Pros:
Dense, soft synthetic hair that doesn't soak up and therefore waste tons of product.
Affordable
Buffs in foundations to a beautiful, soft finish without streaking from brush hair
No shedding (have been using for over 7 months!)
Easy to clean, doesn't stain easily

Cons:
None

This just gives such a nice finish and because it is smaller you can use it in the crevices of your face like around the eyes and nose easily. It takes me less than 2 minutes to buff in foundation or BB cream to perfection, versus some of the other brushes I had that would leave streaking from the hairs I would have to go back in and blend out, which wastes time.This line is so well done, surprisingly I have no complaints. . . Definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by aniejoan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't sure if I was going to use this brush as a foundation brush because I usually use my fingers to apply mine. But once I got it, I tried it to buff in my liquid foundation & I loved it! Its so soft, yet very dense. It doesn't absorb a lot of product, which I like, because I hate wasting my foundation (also part of the reason I usually stick to applying with my fingers.) I was expecting to like this brush, but I ended up loving it even more! I'm considering purchasing another just to have in rotation. Another awesome thing is it dries very quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My favourite way of applying foundation was with Beauty Blender until I bought this brush. It is really worth the money you pay for it.
The brush applies foundation perfectly without leaving any streaks if to blend foundation in circular motions.
It has a good shape, it is very firm, pleasant to the skin, the handle is comfortable to hold.
I washed it around 10 times by now and it lost only 1 bristle. It does not take too long to dry after washing and I find it very comfortable just to stand the brush to leave it drying as the handle is self-standing.
By the way if you travel you can easily take just this brush for applying not only foundation but also powder and blush.
Currently this brush is my number 1 favourite!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I love this brush! Applies foundation like a dream! I need like 10 more backups just because I'm like that. So glad I pulled the trigger and ordered this from Amazon. Bye sponges. Bye stoopid flat foundation brushes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my all time favorite brush! (I own a LOT of brushes, high end and drugstore) The quality and efficiency of RT brushes blows me away. I have never had any brush apply my foundation and blend it so evenly. It leaves no brush strokes and it's the perfect shape for buffing/stippling/bouncing on and off your skin. It's big enough that it doesn't take forever to blend but it's also small enough that it can fit around the smaller parts of your face. I am pretty sure I spent UNDER 9$ on this brush and it performs better than my 50$ MAC stippling brush. It also has NEVER shed. I have used this with my Kat Von D foundation and my MAC foundations including concealers and it buffs all of them beautifully. I swear by Real Techniques brushes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

I got this on Amazon which was considerably cheaper than Boots. I used to wear foundation years ago but switched to tinted moisturisers, but decided to buy this and try with a cheap foundation I had in my cupboard. What I did was put a small amount on back of hand and apply a little at a time starting at the centre and blending out. My skin looks flawless. I am not even going to look for a more expensive foundation. Holds really nice in the hand. Feels durable and solid. The fact that it stands up is just great. I am going to buy a back up. Good brushes really do make a difference to the look of your make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Holly90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the brushes today and I'm in love especially with the buffing brush WOW it's amazing it give a flawless finish!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Keyleywood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG foundation brush, makes it so easy to blend foundation and a good price.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpMommaxO

This WAS my holy grail brush for the longest time! I even reached for this brush more than the sigma f-80 but after a couple washes it began shedding & making me very streaky I will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by poppylove93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

To start off, I think this brush is better than the ELF studio foundation brush SLIGHTLY, only slightly because I dislike both brushes. However, if you are searching for a cheaper foundation brush that has the similar performance than this one, then go with ELF cause this brush is so not worth it.

This brush doesn't work well for contouring, buffing, nor blending. It simply just useless. Luckily, I was able to return it with no problem. Never will I buy this one again!