November 27, 2014 | 1398 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips in Cherry Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupalleyjenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Come on, how cute are these? This one is my favourite colour of them all, and I love the scent! It gives a nice red tint, smells so yummy and SPF 20! I use it with a simple black mascara just to highlight my eyes and lips without looking too dramatic. I found it did moisturize my lips as well. I love it! Couldn't find any cons personally.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

My favorite scent out of the 3 I got. I really love the fake cherry scent so I’m biased I guess. But that’s it with the good stuff with this one. It gives a faint tint of red but….it looked a bit muddy on me though. Another (and cheaper) product that could give you a better “faint red” tint which will amp up your lip color is the dr.pepper lip smacker. I guess this one is alright. It can also be a cheaper alternative to the Clinique chubby stick in chunky cherry. I have both the dr.pepper lip balm & Clinique chubby stick in chunky cherry so this purchase was totally unnecessary.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome tinted lip balm! Granted, it's the only one I have ever tried, but still, this product is great. Now, my lips are already pigmented, but this sort of enhanced the color of my lips even more. It evened them out a lot too.
This tinted lip balm is a nice sheer cherry red, as the name implies. In my experience, it can be worn sheer, but when I go over my lips with this a couple of times they look very red! Almost like a lipstick. This balm as has the shine factor to it, like a lip gloss. It is fair to say that Cherry Me is like a lipstick/lip gloss hybrid, and I love it! It also has SPF 20, which is awesome because it also protects my lips from the sun, and gives my lips a nice pop of color. It also moisturizes them without feeling overly greasy. Cherry Me also has a smell to it that reminds me of a cross between a cherry-flavored lollipop and cherry-flavored cough medicine. It smells pretty good.
The only reason I didn't give this product a 5 out of 5 rating is the taste. The only negative for me! It tastes weird, but it's not overpowering, so I can tolerate it. I can't really describe it well, but it tastes medicinal and chemical-like, which I'm guessing comes for the SPF or something inside the balm.
Overall, I love this product! I don't really want to wear lipsticks right now even though I'm 16, and I've heard good things about the Baby Lips line so I decided to try it. And for it being only $2.99 I had nothing to lose. I'm glad I tried this out and I will try out the other colors as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this with Peach Kiss because although I strongly favor nude lips, I thought there wouldn't be much harm in picking out a sheer bold-looking lip balm. Good for me for making good decisions (as rare as they are?).

It's a cooler bright darker pink tone. Definitely scarier-looking in the tube than actually swatched. However, if you have pale lips or even pigmented lips, like me - it does a fine job of escalating your lip look to the next level, without the risk of looking garish. It's also nicely glossy and without shimmer of any sort, but not "wet" and overbearing. I tend to wear this whenever happen to slap on just mascara and blush. I'm accustomed to my eyes being the dramatized part of my face, so extremely bold lips scare me. I do kind of wish I had chosen a warmer color, but this is sheer enough that it doesn't offend and clash too severely. And hey, no lip liner needed!

As others have started, this is quite moisturizing and hey, SPF 20! Not that my lips have ever sunburned . . . does this actually happen often to other people? Or is this more like a marketing scheme.

Anyway unfortunately for me, I dislike cherry-scented anything, so the scent does provoke images of cough syrup and drops for me. Bah.

Probably wouldn't repurchase, but this is lovely bolder balm for anyone wanting to transition into more color-intense lip products without going overboard. Baby steps with your Baby Lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When Maybelline came out with these they immediately caught my eye because they're all so colorful. The Cherry Me flavor was one of the first ones I bought and I love it. Most lip balms appear to be somewhat tinted in the container but dont follow through once applied. That wasn't the case with this lip balm. It gives my lips a soft red tint and it's my favorite lip balm yet. It keep my lips moist, they're inexpensive, (I believe I payed $2 and some change), and the tint is perfect. I'll definitely be buying these again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

cherry me is a lip balm that brings a faded cherry color to the lips! It shines a little,it's moisturizing and it's a pretty color!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Pros:
+Leaves a very pretty red color that stains your lips even after the balm wears off
+Lasts a good while, maybe around 2 or 3 hours
+Cute packaging
+Cheap ($4)
+Semi moisturizing

Cons:
-I didn't like the smell/taste as it reminded me of cough syrup, but some people like faux-cherry scents, so take your scent preferences into consideration before buying

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

What a disappointment! I found the balm to be drying, bad tasting & bad smelling. The color is nice though & that's why I gave it 3 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by FaceOfAnAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i have fair skin, this is the PERFECT SHADE, doesnt look chalky like lipstick, i love it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted something that would give my lips a tint, without being too flashy and showy. You can definately tell this is on your lips with it on, it doesn't really look natural. It's kind of like a subtle lipstick with a sort of gleam. Not to mention it smells like artificial cherry candy and doesn't dry out your lips. You can buy this at a drugstore for about $3. This is a great price, actually. I've seen the advertisement for it in magazines forever now, and it seemed like a cool product, but it seemed like kind of something all lip balms did, heal and protect and make your lips look better and all. The moisturizing on this is okay, but since I wasn't looking for moisturizing much, it's not that big of a deal. It still helps your lips when they are chapped. The taste isn't so good, but number one; you aren't supposed to taste it, that's not the point of it. And number two; most lip products tend to not taste super good or anything. I like that it has SPF 20, protection against the sun and lip color? The bomb. Or should I say the balm? HAHAHAH! The color was brighter than expected, but then again I have ivory skin. It comes off as a pretty color, between a red and a hot pink. Great for a tinted lip balm, don't even have to wear a color over this on special occasions! The packaging is okay, it's like Nivea and lipstick. A lot of people have actually thought this was lipstick. It's in an orange tube, the product is red, and it has a clear plastic cap with bright pink "Baby Lips" written all over in cute lettering. You just twist the tube up. Twisting it all up could be bad, as seen with some of my Nivea lip balms. It can break off and melt easy. I just try to be gentle and not slam it on my lips or anything. It lets you easily see how much product you have. It's my favorite tinted lip balm, and it makes me look polished and cute! I would repurchase.