December 19, 2014 | 1160 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips in Cherry Me

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by eciupak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased all of the Baby Lips line and at first I was excited with the product but after using the product for several weeks I am more disappointed with the purchase. I love the two clear ones in the line (10-Peppermint and 05-Quenched). Peppermint has a nice peppermint tingle and smell while Quenched has a very subtle fruity smell to it. They go on clear but glossy. I find myself applying often to keep the glossiness to my lips. It isn't as glossy as a lip gloss but it does give a nice sheen to the lips.
The tinted balms in the line I wish I hadn't purchased. The color starts to look unnatural the more applications you apply (30-Peach Kiss is the exception). I like to apply often to feel that greasiness on my lips too! The first application looks wonderful but it starts to stain your lips and look more like you drank Koolaid which looks awful if you were just looking for a balm to polish your look without going the lipstick route. And with the except for Peach Kiss, they also have an offensive odor. They simply smelled like medication and were VERY strong. I also found tinted balms to be on the drying side or else they leave a film that starts to peel off like dead skin. At $3 a piece, I think I'll cut my losses and toss them in the trash.
The packaging is on the cheap side and I found that the caps start to become easier to remove which means I can see it coming loose in my purse and causing some damage.
All-in-all, I will not be repurchasing any of the line. If I want a greasy lip, I'll go with Nivea A Kiss of Smoothness.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by NAK3Dpalette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very moisturizing, and gives me the perfect amount of colour. It also smells great! I feel that paying $6 is a little much for a tinted lip balm, so I will only be buying this on sale. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by makeupalleyjenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Come on, how cute are these? This one is my favourite colour of them all, and I love the scent! It gives a nice red tint, smells so yummy and SPF 20! I use it with a simple black mascara just to highlight my eyes and lips without looking too dramatic. I found it did moisturize my lips as well. I love it! Couldn't find any cons personally.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

My favorite scent out of the 3 I got. I really love the fake cherry scent so I’m biased I guess. But that’s it with the good stuff with this one. It gives a faint tint of red but….it looked a bit muddy on me though. Another (and cheaper) product that could give you a better “faint red” tint which will amp up your lip color is the dr.pepper lip smacker. I guess this one is alright. It can also be a cheaper alternative to the Clinique chubby stick in chunky cherry. I have both the dr.pepper lip balm & Clinique chubby stick in chunky cherry so this purchase was totally unnecessary.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome tinted lip balm! Granted, it's the only one I have ever tried, but still, this product is great. Now, my lips are already pigmented, but this sort of enhanced the color of my lips even more. It evened them out a lot too.
This tinted lip balm is a nice sheer cherry red, as the name implies. In my experience, it can be worn sheer, but when I go over my lips with this a couple of times they look very red! Almost like a lipstick. This balm as has the shine factor to it, like a lip gloss. It is fair to say that Cherry Me is like a lipstick/lip gloss hybrid, and I love it! It also has SPF 20, which is awesome because it also protects my lips from the sun, and gives my lips a nice pop of color. It also moisturizes them without feeling overly greasy. Cherry Me also has a smell to it that reminds me of a cross between a cherry-flavored lollipop and cherry-flavored cough medicine. It smells pretty good.
The only reason I didn't give this product a 5 out of 5 rating is the taste. The only negative for me! It tastes weird, but it's not overpowering, so I can tolerate it. I can't really describe it well, but it tastes medicinal and chemical-like, which I'm guessing comes for the SPF or something inside the balm.
Overall, I love this product! I don't really want to wear lipsticks right now even though I'm 16, and I've heard good things about the Baby Lips line so I decided to try it. And for it being only $2.99 I had nothing to lose. I'm glad I tried this out and I will try out the other colors as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this with Peach Kiss because although I strongly favor nude lips, I thought there wouldn't be much harm in picking out a sheer bold-looking lip balm. Good for me for making good decisions (as rare as they are?).

It's a cooler bright darker pink tone. Definitely scarier-looking in the tube than actually swatched. However, if you have pale lips or even pigmented lips, like me - it does a fine job of escalating your lip look to the next level, without the risk of looking garish. It's also nicely glossy and without shimmer of any sort, but not "wet" and overbearing. I tend to wear this whenever happen to slap on just mascara and blush. I'm accustomed to my eyes being the dramatized part of my face, so extremely bold lips scare me. I do kind of wish I had chosen a warmer color, but this is sheer enough that it doesn't offend and clash too severely. And hey, no lip liner needed!

As others have started, this is quite moisturizing and hey, SPF 20! Not that my lips have ever sunburned . . . does this actually happen often to other people? Or is this more like a marketing scheme.

Anyway unfortunately for me, I dislike cherry-scented anything, so the scent does provoke images of cough syrup and drops for me. Bah.

Probably wouldn't repurchase, but this is lovely bolder balm for anyone wanting to transition into more color-intense lip products without going overboard. Baby steps with your Baby Lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When Maybelline came out with these they immediately caught my eye because they're all so colorful. The Cherry Me flavor was one of the first ones I bought and I love it. Most lip balms appear to be somewhat tinted in the container but dont follow through once applied. That wasn't the case with this lip balm. It gives my lips a soft red tint and it's my favorite lip balm yet. It keep my lips moist, they're inexpensive, (I believe I payed $2 and some change), and the tint is perfect. I'll definitely be buying these again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

cherry me is a lip balm that brings a faded cherry color to the lips! It shines a little,it's moisturizing and it's a pretty color!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Pros:
+Leaves a very pretty red color that stains your lips even after the balm wears off
+Lasts a good while, maybe around 2 or 3 hours
+Cute packaging
+Cheap ($4)
+Semi moisturizing

Cons:
-I didn't like the smell/taste as it reminded me of cough syrup, but some people like faux-cherry scents, so take your scent preferences into consideration before buying

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

What a disappointment! I found the balm to be drying, bad tasting & bad smelling. The color is nice though & that's why I gave it 3 lippies.