September 17, 2014 | 1952 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

got this in st.moritz and its a perfect shade for my winter, mac C4, nars stromboli face. i wear barcelona in the summer so i might have to step up to the next shade come tan face time. application went on smooth and not streaky. no discernible fragrance. perfect yellow undertone. gives me just enough coverage, i dont like to use full coverage foundations that much because it looks so cakey and mask like. this brings a nice even tone and glow to my face. gave it a 4 because i have to wait and see if i break out from this. i have a very acne prone, oily face. aside from this TM, i am thinking of purchasing urban decays naked skin in level 6. got a sample of that and its SO light and gives good coverage. this tm worked best for my oily skin during the winter, summer its too oily. not recommend for dry skin types.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by allyclare

Broke me out and made my face itchy. Beautiful finish however. Any product with the silicone dimethicone listed high on the ingredients list will give me tiny acne bumps - barely noticeable but you can see them in certain lighting. I need to be more careful and only purchase products will little or no silicone.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC20-25, very yellow. I was matched to Alaska, which seemed to work out. This tinted moisturizer gives a good amount of coverage, about medium, and can definitely be sheered out. I thought it felt a little greasy and did not enjoy the way it felt on my skin. It has a very dewy finish and was not good for my oily skin even with a good primer or after powdering -- it did not last on me.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by hamdi808

Was really excited but ended up not 100% satisfied with the Nars. Due to the fact that it didn't match my skin tone and doesn't really give any coverage.

Will finish the bottle as it was really expensive. You will need concealer to apply areas that the tinted moriturizer doesn't cover, e.g under eye and around the mouth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A promotional sample of this product was included in my holiday order from Sephora, I was given the shade "Alaska".
I usually use a med-full coverage foundation (D&G), but do like tinted moisturizers when I'm just going to run errands and don't want to look too dolled up. The TM I was using before was Clinique's, just cuz it's was the TM I had on hand, but it's really high coverage more like a med-full coverage foundation so I had to mix it with a moisturizer to thin it out and make it more sheer so I haven't been too thrilled with that product.
Been using this Nars product, off and on, for about a month, and I'm very pleased with it. I think it's more like a skin perfecter than it is like a TM or a foundation. For me it minimizes/blurs large pores and textural imperfections really well and counteracts redness that occurs in my t-zone (particularly around my nose). It also leaves a really pretty and youthful semi-matte finish on my skin, counter-acting dullness. It does not conceal marks or scars of any sort, however. At all. Which is fine. But it's also not moisturizing (not drying either, though), so that's why I view this as a skin perfecter.
I will be purchasing this product, I like it a lot. It feels like I'm wearing no make-up, I can touch my face without it coming off, it doesn't cake or separate nor does it migrate into the crevices around my nose (despite me concentrating most of the product there) as the day wears on, and it makes my skin look pretty nice. Not flawless or airbrushed or anything, but it doesn't look like I'm wearing make up, it just makes me look like I have pretty nice skin. And even if I have a blemish, I don't feel like I need to cover it up because this product makes my skin look so nice that, even though the blemish isn't concealed, the blemish does not grab the eyes attention.
I do need to blot the t-zone once or twice as day wears on to reduce shine, but I usually have to do that anyway.
Anyhow, I like this product.

****Edit (6/10/2013)****
Just came back to this review because of something interesting I noticed today about this TM. I was playing around with my foundations and doing a shade match test to figure out what foundations in my collection were the best color matched for me. So, I had stripes of each of my foundations from the top of my cheek bones down past my jawline and this Nars TM (yes, I still have the deluxe sample) immediately stood out as FEELING REALLY GOOD on my skin in contrast to the rest. I was only doing a color match experiment for my own personal reference for when I go makeup shopping, but it really stunned me how good the Nars TM stripe/swatch felt.
I continued with my experiment by blending the stripes/swatches to see which among my foundations were the best matches (Nars TM in the shade Alaska didn't win, a little too dark) and as I'm going around looking at the blended stripes on my face in different lights to see, and though I knew right away Nars was the wrong color, the feel-good sensation this product gave it's little section on my skin continued and continued, it definitely got my attention even though I had moved on from it because the color wasn't right. The lighter shade Finland is waiting for me in my shopping cart at Sephora right now because I want to wear this again and my sample is pretty much gone. And in case anyone is interested, the winners (a tie) of my color match test was Bare Escentuals in Fairly Light and D&G creamy foundation in beige 78. Both of these were spot on match. My other foundations that were tested something was always off (e.g. too yellow, too pink, too peach, too grey, too dark, too light, etc) LOL, anyway, hope you found this little edit interesting. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Teruma

It's a nice product. But I wouldn't buy it again nor recommend it to a friend since I can think of a few korean BB creams that are just as good and a fraction of the price. I think it's too expensive for what it delivers.
Right now I'm alternating the NARS tinted moisturizer with Etude House's Magic BB cream and I think they're quite similar.

The great thing about this product is that it has a good color range; people with deeper skin tones can't always turn to cheap korean BB creams.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far so good! I wanted a change from Laura Mercier to try something new and a friend recommended NARS. I got my shade matched @ Sephora, and "Alaska" looks great with my ligh-medium skin tone. It seems to be a nice thick tinted moristurizer - so it covers more than a BB cream but still sheer. Looks natrual and healthy on my skin. Nice job NARS!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by xquisite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was after a TM-type product for summer that gave less coverage than my HG foundation (La Prairie Skin Caviar). I loved the consistency of this in St Moritz when i tried it in store. I'd also had luck in the past with NARS Balanced foundation (now called Sheer Glow) in Barcelona, so was confident about this TM. Alas, it broke me out big time & made my skin terribly congested. SO disappointed, as I really wanted to love it.

I've been reading other reviews that put this down to the silicones but I'm not sure, as I've used other products with a lot of 'cones before (such as La P rose illusion line filler primer) with no drama. Please try & get a sample before forking out the $ as it's AUD$68. Luckily I got it at Mecca so I could take it back, even though I'd used it for a few days.

As an aside, this TM not working out was a God send, as I found La Prairie Anti-Aging Hydra Tint. Ridiculously expensive but absolutely brilliant! It really just looks like i have perfect, glowing skin. I can't believe there are no reviews on MUA for it yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Purleycuba

After finishing my Origins VitaZing I tried Nars in St.Moritz. Coverage is good with a natural matt finish. I did notice I was shiny around the TZone 3 hours into wearing it... Something I never experienced that with VitaZing or Laura Mercier.

In terms of a glow, I'm not completely convinced but this is great for those who hate wearing foundation, like myself.

Staying power is very good as well as the fact it is SPF 30.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is HG for me and I have already re-bought this product. It's got more coverage than most tinted moisturizer (and even more coverage than some light foundations, I'm looking at you Becca Luminous Skin Color). I wear this in Light 2 Alaska and it is the best color match that I've ever found for my skin which is very yellow toned. (For reference, I also wear C2 in Mac F&B, Camel in Becca LSC, Bisque in LM TM). With my normal skin, I don't even need a moisturizer under this, just primer. Having said that it does feel a smidge greasy when I'm sweaty during the summer months. I also love that this has SPF 30 PA+++.