Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 4/8/2013 4:12:00 PM

This was the very first BB Cream I tried, and I have to admit I am addicted. The positive end is that with a minimal amount I can get great coverage, yet feel like I am wearing nothing. I have acne prone skin and it covers it very well. I am hoping that by using this for a few weeks it will improve the overall quality of my skin, we'll see!

The negative? The price. At $39 (ordered right from Smashbox) I had to really push myself to try it. I am happy that I have, and as stated above, will have to see how my it affects my skin after a few weeks. If there is great improvement I will buy again, if not its on to another brand!

I do recommend at least trying this to anyone interested. At first try it exceeded my expectations.

on 4/7/2013 12:45:00 AM

My first bb cream and i love it already. I use light/medium and it blends in smoothly and very well. It looks like my natural skin color and stays on all day!

on 4/6/2013 12:30:00 PM

I might buy this again but idk. I mean i has good coverage and is a nice formula but to me it smells like sunscreen and i hate that smell.

on 4/6/2013 7:44:00 AM

Price: $56.00 CAD
Finish: natural sheen
Coverage: solid medium
Oil-control: 6-8h
Texture: thick

This feels really thick and moisturising going on. Never feels 'dry' after setting. The sheen it gives off doesn't look greasy on my T-zone. I barely need a concealer for my under eye area on a good day. You'll still need concealer for acne and hyperpigmentation.

on 3/28/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Got this in Light/Medium and I am about NC40 right now. It looked DARK and i could not detect any golden tones in it and got worried. I have very tan, yellow undertoned southeast asian skin and this looked like straight up tanning lotion! and sure enough, when i put it on, it was thick as heck, streaky and made my face look SOOO ashy. that fake tan dark look some people get (instead of orange, they get that dark brown "dirty" look, not golden). very difficult to apply because of the thickness. returned and got bobbi browns skin foundation instead and im loving that one!

on 3/23/2013 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I agree with many of the women here who said this product is the WORSE! Don't get me wrong- I LOVE SMASHBOX...I LOVE their tinted moisturizer...but they really "dropped the ball" when making this BB crème. WT Heck, it is soooo thick it is nearly impossible to apply. If it had better coverage, it might pass for a concealer. It also comes in a small tube which for the price is simply outrageous. Once applied the color is blotchy, drying on the skin and just unflattering. I returned mine. Not worth to try.

on 3/22/2013 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really hate this BB cream with every fibre of my being. If this bb cream is one of the reasons for this new BB cream craze than I want nothing to do with it. I bought it after seeing Bethany Mota (macbarbie07) include this in a lot of her tutorials saying how much she loved the product but apparently I couldn't get that lucky. I purchased this in the shade fair which was a relatively good match for my skin. When I went to apply it though it was literally impossible. This BB cream is thick and sticky and applies very streaky. The coverage was very light but miraculously you were able to see because of all the streakiness that I was wearing makeup. It was also really dewy....like unflatteringly so. It reminded me of the finish of CoverFx NaturalFx foundation which I also hated. Sigh. I'm not really sure how long it lasted cause of the really light coverage but what pisses me off most about this is that it is $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think in USA the price is $39 but heck I wouldn't spend $39 on this. I am a huge foundation junkie so take my word for this. Its terrible.

on 3/11/2013 5:00:00 PM

I bought this BB Cream because I was told it helps with oil control. Also, the shade I purchased matched my skin tone perfectly. HOWEVER, I found this way to thick and hard to blend. I also broke out while using this! Like really bad. And it made me look more shiny, rather than controlling my oil. Such a terrible experience with this BB Cream.

on 3/10/2013 1:29:00 PM

I love this for a light coverage quick go to foundation. I have dry/combo skin and this works well in the summer and winter. I would set it with a good powder to keep it from fading.

on 3/4/2013 4:40:00 PM

This was $39 for a little tube. I wanted to like it but it oxidized and gave me an orange line at my jaw after it had been on a while. My 15 year old daughter uses it now and it looks great on her (all make up looks good on wrinkle free skin) but I noticed she didn't blend it good the other day and she had the orange line too. She thought she may have put too much on that day because it doesn't do that everytime. I just don't trust it though. I do however love the smashbox photo ready concealer and have re-bought it several times.