Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

on 12/4/2012 12:42:00 AM

I don't wear blush too often, but when I am in the mood, this one is great. I love a light and natural flush to my cheeks, and this is exactly what it gives you. I have the shade Peach Satin, which I'm in love with. The only problem with it is it lasts only a couple hours... And it gets a solid 2 for packaging quality because the entire product tends to slip right out of the container.

on 12/1/2012 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have this in hot tamale from an RAOK swap and I actually really like it. I'm super pale, so it shows up well on me even though it's not very pigmented. I haven't worn it much so I'm not sure what experience I had with the staying power. It does blend well though, I just kind of stipple it on with my finger tip. It was nice to get this as a surprise RAOK extra because I can't buy this brand for myself because it is tested on animals, but if I get it for free without asking for it, I'm not funding animal testing.

on 12/1/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I regret purchasing this. I have one in the shade 'Hot Tamale' (a bright reddish coral) and although it appears very bright in the pan, it applies incredibly sheer on my skin. (For reference, I'm NC25-30). It takes several swipes of the product for the colour to show up on my skintone and I was disappointed since 'Hot Tamale' was one of the bolder colours to choose from. I guess I just expected more? The consistency feels like memory foam and leaves a slight indentation when you press into it. Texture-wise, it is pretty creamy and applies/blends easily on the skin. It does not stay put though! It melted off my face an hour after application and my cheeks are not even oily! I definitely DON'T recommend these blushes! They're far too gimmicky.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, dark circles, redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

FYI (2): Maybelline tests its products on live animals. For this reason, I have ceased purchasing their products. This review refers to product use prior to my awareness of their animal testing status.

I wasted money on two of these, Petal Pink and a deep plum wine shade.

Terrible quality and messy application. I had to scrub the surface of the blush with my fingertip to get enough color to dab onto my face. The Petal Pink was more orange-y on my skin. It's not very moveable, either.

on 11/25/2012 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The concept of this blush is cool and cute: it really does have a sort of bouncy feeling to it. It's like a compact whipped creme.

Problem is, the results suck. This is VERY SHEER. I am NW20 and I bought this in 15 Rose Petal. I had to cake on about 6 layers of this to show up, at which point is began getting grainy and cakey. I usually use powder blushes, and I have the feeling anything but powder should not be applied over liquid foundation? It seems to smear off the foundation underneath, even if I lightly dab or blot it on with a brush. All of the bouncy blushes have a silver sheen to them - and not in a pretty, luminizing way. It looks very fake and kinda washes out my complexion.

Once again, cool concept but it just didn't work.

i thought this product looked really cool so i made my mom buy two for me. The colors of these blushes are really nice and natural but the texture is really weird and hard to work with. When i went to get some product from the pan all the product felll right off like one big block of blush!!!! Not to mention the colors fade quickly. All and all not a smart buy in my opinion, it is fun to play with though.

Super natural! Not oily, but still light and creamy.

Fresh pink looks great on all skin tones, but I am thinking about trying some of the other colors.

Makes my cheeks look healthy and glowing. A go-to drug store blush. Now it's time for maybeline to make a bronzer!

on 11/21/2012 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I like this blush. it's very creamy, blendable, and buildable. all of the colors are so pretty, at least in the pan. The blush works well.. Kind of hard to apply by brush, though. I use my fingers.
My only issue is that its kind of a gimmick in the way that most people only buy it because its bouncy. I feel like lately, maybelline is focused more on the image of their products and not so much the quality.

One you get past the non blush filament, this stuff is AMAZING!! You just have to break through that top coat. It goes on like cream but is really lightweight like a powder. I love this and I'm probably not buying another blush ever again.

on 11/17/2012 1:19:00 PM

I got this product on sale for $7 at Shoppers in Orchid Hush. It's an extremely sheer purply pink, nice for a light dewy look. I was a bit disappointed in the pigmentation for this shade. It doesn't show up too well on my cheeks although I'm quite pale. I'm hoping as my tan fades it will be nicer...
The texture is weird. It didn't come out very well in my finger, so out of frustration I pretty much wiped it on my face and blended (haha!) THAT worked. Tomorrow I'll try a brush.
Next time I see it on sale I might try it in brighter color, but it's definitely not something I'll be using regularly.

Popular Blush Products