August 21, 2014 | 2161 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by 1017

The best way to describe this color is a warm shimmery taupe (warm being the key word, usually taupes are pretty cool). Or you could consider it a cooler bronze. Either way, you get the point that this is neutral perfection. You just slide this on and your eyes look so "done". I actually have to force myself to use other eye shadows now because I could just use this every single day. I am elated! I have wanted a shadow like this for so long! Love, love, love! I am NW20 brown eyes, black/brown hair.

BTW - I don't even touch my Benefit Creaseless Creams or my MAC Paint Pots since finding these gems. My Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream eye shadows still get some attention, but most of those are bases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this new and unopened at a garage sale. This stuff wears like IRON. I had to struggle to get it off. You have to blend this shadow before it dries, otherwise you won't be able to correct any smudges. Great quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely gorgeous color, it's definitely my favorite eyeshadow color. I love using it for a bronzey smokey eye. I love how it's cooler-toned and doesn't pull orange, like most bronzes tend to. It lasts all day and is totally buildable. I'll definitely keep this as a staple in my stash.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by michellynn43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is 100% worth the hype. This color is extremely build-able. You can use it as a base or wear it on its own. Every time I use this as a base I get compliments on my eyeshadow hours later. I work from 12-9 every Friday and I can go out after work without touching up my eye make up at all. I have brown hair, green eyes and a beige skin-tone and the color is lovely on me, but also my sister with blue eyes, blonde hair and an ivory skin tone.

This is relatively cheap for me in the US around $5 at WalMart/Target.

If you are considering buying this go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaSueBrown

Pretty, long lasting,
gorgeous, and smooth and creamy(:

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by sweets0002

Love these as an eyeshadow base. I own the Bold Gold and Painted Purple. LOVE THEM. Applies easily. Allows eye shadows to stay longer on lids. No creasing

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a stunning product, and one that I would definitely recommend to everyone. I put off buying it for ages, because I didn't want to get sucked into all the hype, but I finally caved and bought it a month or two ago and I'm so glad I did!
Bad To The Bronze is a stunning shade; more brown/hazel than gold, with a golden shimmer (not chunky glitter) throughout. I love it with my dark hazel/brown eyes, but I think it would look amazing with all eye colours, really.
Like has been said heaps already, it's very creamy once you break through the very top 'skin' when you first get it. I'm sure you could apply with a flat synthetic brush, but I don't really see the point as my finger works fine. Because of the unique consistency it's very easy to place the product exactly where you want it. The only time I've used a brush is when I've used it as a liner for my lower lashline (which looks stunning, by the way!).
Mostly I just sweep the colour lightly across my whole lid, concentrating a little more in the outer crease. I think this is a very pretty, put-together look that I wear when I want to feel a little special.
Price-wise here in New Zealand it's not actually too bad (given that all makeup is horrifically expensive anyway) - about $17 at Farmers. Still more than an hour's wages, but it is a product that I feel is worth spending a bit on.

The only reason I've taken a lippy off is the wearing issue: don't get me wrong, this is by far the longest wearing cream shadow I've tried, but it doesn't live up to its 24 hour wear claim. I don't even have outstandingly oily eyelids, so I was a bit disappointed with that. I get about 8 hours (I know, that's still amazing!) before it starts to separate/crease a bit. As I say, I don't really mind, but I won't give a product a full 5 stars if it doesn't live up to one of its claims.

Overall, I love this product. None of the other colours available here are ones I would really get any use out of, but if NZ ever gets any of the special collections I'll definitely consider picking up some more - Inked in Pink and Barely Branded are two that I know I'd love.

So yes, a definite repurchase (if/when I run out)!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by heyitsjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Omg I love this eye shadow! i wear it every single day! and it lasts for a super long time. I love the formula..it starts off creamy but then it sets and it doesnt crease at all! i dont even need a primer. And the color is gorgeous..im pretty fair so when i first saw it I thought it would be too dark. But its not its great for my pale skin. If you dont have this color you have to get it its amazing! its a great neutral shade..I hope maybelline never stops making this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

I'm glad I decided to pick this up. I've been using Tough as Taupe and although I like it, it's not the gamechanger for me that it is for some (occasionally creases, hard to blend). This is a different beast -- wears exactly like my MAC Paint Pots but much easier to blend and lacking the dry crepey effect. In other words, it's a HG.

I was worried the shade would be too warm for me, but in fact it's excellent. The base seems like a neutral brown, and although the shimmer is warm, it's subtle. I also have the silvery shade called Too Cool, and it's a little glittery; this is a much more wearable shimmer. Perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the color, so easy to apply and with primer I didn't experience any creasing. Wore this for at least 10-12 hours and was pleased with how long it stayed true. I wore Color Tattoo "Inked in Pink" blended with it. Got to BOBO half off, so good deal! Would recommend!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No