Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

4.4

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 5/28/2013 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love this product! I think this is one of those products everyone would love/suit. This is one of my most-worn eyeshadows and I own quite a lot. So that says something.

It's a cool toned shimmery, brown, almost grayish brown. It comes in a jar, which I like, and apply this with my fingers. The jar has the exact same size as MAC paintpots, but MAC paintpots are completely filled, this one is not, but who cares!

It's a color tattoo, so obviously, this stays on all day. I still use TF shadow insurance but can still creas sometimes, especially when I use too much for better pigmenation or when worn on it's own. The formula is still very blendable, and really pretty when used with different eyeshadow combo's.

DEFINITELY REBUY!

on 5/21/2013 7:26:00 PM

I love this color. It doesn't crease. It goes on easily. It lasts about 8 hours. It's nice alone or as a base. I love it!

on 5/21/2013 12:09:00 AM

This color and barely branded are my favorite of the color tattoos. I find if you store them upside down they stay creamy. this bronze shade is perfect for every day.

on 5/20/2013 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

While my favorite Color Tattoo is "Barely Branded" (a shimmery champagne), this one is a close second. Bad to the Bronze can be applied as a sheer, subtle bronze or built up to full color. It stays on my lid without creasing for ten hours.
I have always hated eyeshadow--the time it takes to apply and blend, the inevitable fallout and fading, trying to find a color that doesn't wash me out, etc--but this bronze works nicely with my skin tone (very fair, cool-to-neutral), sheers out nicely so it doesn't look terribly obvious, and can be built up to complete opacity. This one is a little more sticky/heavy in the pot than "Branded," but run your finger around inside a few times to warm it up and it applies nicely.

on 5/18/2013 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love love love maybelline eye tattoos amazingly pigmented, awesome staying power, great as a base I will definitely be repurchasing

on 5/16/2013 10:53:00 PM

Pros:
-long-wearing
-shimmery without any fall-out
-easy to apply; blendable & buildable
-gorgeous color

Cons:
-can feel a little grippy/heavy on the lid at first

I was super impressed with this product...no seriously, this has become one of my favorite makeup items that I own. It doesn't crease on my oily lids, it suits my medium skin tone, and it has a surprising amount of depth and complexity to the color. I just dab it on and smooth it out with my fingers and wait a few seconds for it to dry. You can wear it alone or blend other colors into it, and it's suitable for day or nighttime looks. Ugh, man, it's just such a luxurious and sultry color--I love it!

on 5/15/2013 8:17:00 PM

My favourite shade of the color tattoos! You can wear this shadow alone and it works as a primer too. got mine from walmart for about $5

on 5/15/2013 6:36:00 AM

Love this product!! This shade is a darker, more pigmented and shimmery version of Becca's Eye Tint in Baroque.

On my NC20, neutral to warm skin tone it looks like a warm shimmer taupe. It is a flattering and wearable shade which lasts many hours without creasing. I can apply it thinly for a day time look or more heavily for a more dramatic nighttime look.

I also purchased the shade Pomegranate Punk which is a dark pinky purple but I prefer this bronze shade because it is more versatile.

Very nice product. Similar to MUFE Aqua Cream and MAC Paint Pots but I believe these are cheaper.

I will repurchase this product if new shades are created. I find that the other shades are a bit too bright for me.

on 5/14/2013 6:23:00 PM

I love this product and especially the shade. The shadow is so easy to apply. I just use my finger and dab it on my eyelid. I like to use it as an everyday shadow. It's great if you're running late and have to do a quick makeup application. The way the shadow is pigmented, you don't need to blend other colors in. It stands alone great. I love it.
One "con" about the product though, is it did crease after a while, even when I used a primer.

on 5/14/2013 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hooo boy am I in trouble. I bypassed these shadows for several months without being tempted, and now that I've bought one, I want them all!! Bad to the Bronze is a beautiful taupe-bronze colour in the pot, that swatches on my NC44 skin tone as a cool shimmery beige-taupe. When I apply too much, it can appear as a silver-light-toned mess, but with a light hand and some black liner, it gives a wonderful subtly shimmery look suitable for day or night. I like it best when used as a base for other shadows, as the Color Tattoo wears like iron when worn by itself and ups the wearing time of any shadow worn over it. (I haven't tested the 24-hour claim, but I have worn it for 16 hours without it smudging, and I have very oily eyelids.) What makes this product so evil (in that it causes you to empty out your wallet for other Tattoos) is the dreamy consistency; it's light, never sticky, and applies like a dream, making you WANT to put it on every day. The only concern I have is that my shadow may dry out before I use it up, but only time will tell if that happens. At less that $8 a pop (in Canada, at least) I suggest that you join me in my lack of impulse control and pick up a pot.

Video Reviews & Tutorials