October 24, 2014 | 910 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by under2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product! I would put it up against MAC paintpots anyday. I have oily eyelids that crease everything and this stuff stays put all day. It is a great base for other colors too. Will definitely continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I could give this product 1000 lipsticks I would! I bought this solely because of the hype on YouTube and wasn't expecting myself to love it it this much. I usually don't do cream eyeshadows just because I have such oily and somewhat hooded lids - even high end products with a primer will crease on me so I didn't have high hopes. I picked this up numerous times at the drugstore and put it back on the shelf again because I just didn't think it would work for me.

When I opened this up, I noticed its more of a taupe colour (kinda reminds me of MACs Satin Taupe) than bronze but I still loved the colour. Its nice and creamy and goes on very smooth. I put it on my lid with a somewhat fluffy eyeshadow brush or pack it on with a flat shader - both look amazing and its very a very buildable product. For day time, I just finish this off with a light brown as a transition shade and a medium brown in my crease but it can also be smoked out for a night time look as well with a dark brown or black.

The staying power of this product is what absolutely blew me away. My eyelids are super oily and even with a primer most products will crease & fade. I wore LORAC eye primer under this eyeshadow on one eye, and without a primer on the other. After about 10 hours of wear (including a nap!) this eyeshadow still looks amazing on both eyes!!! The eye without the primer is slightly starting to move but I can only notice because I looked closely in my lighted makeup mirror. So with or with a primer this stuff lasts!

I got it for under $10 which is great for such an amazing product and its easily obtainable at any drugstore. There's lots in the jar so I expect it to last me quite a long time. This product is a lazy gals best friend - you can just put this on your lid, blend out the edges, put on some mascara and run out the door still looking like you spent time on your makeup. Anyone has got to love that! When I run out, I will definitely repurchase this and I plan to go back and get a few more colours of this product to try out. Every girl needs to have this in their makeup bag or collection!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by 1017

The best way to describe this color is a warm shimmery taupe (warm being the key word, usually taupes are pretty cool). Or you could consider it a cooler bronze. Either way, you get the point that this is neutral perfection. You just slide this on and your eyes look so "done". I actually have to force myself to use other eye shadows now because I could just use this every single day. I am elated! I have wanted a shadow like this for so long! Love, love, love! I am NW20 brown eyes, black/brown hair.

BTW - I don't even touch my Benefit Creaseless Creams or my MAC Paint Pots since finding these gems. My Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream eye shadows still get some attention, but most of those are bases.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this new and unopened at a garage sale. This stuff wears like IRON. I had to struggle to get it off. You have to blend this shadow before it dries, otherwise you won't be able to correct any smudges. Great quality for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely gorgeous color, it's definitely my favorite eyeshadow color. I love using it for a bronzey smokey eye. I love how it's cooler-toned and doesn't pull orange, like most bronzes tend to. It lasts all day and is totally buildable. I'll definitely keep this as a staple in my stash.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by michellynn43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is 100% worth the hype. This color is extremely build-able. You can use it as a base or wear it on its own. Every time I use this as a base I get compliments on my eyeshadow hours later. I work from 12-9 every Friday and I can go out after work without touching up my eye make up at all. I have brown hair, green eyes and a beige skin-tone and the color is lovely on me, but also my sister with blue eyes, blonde hair and an ivory skin tone.

This is relatively cheap for me in the US around $5 at WalMart/Target.

If you are considering buying this go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaSueBrown

Pretty, long lasting,
gorgeous, and smooth and creamy(:

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by sweets0002

Love these as an eyeshadow base. I own the Bold Gold and Painted Purple. LOVE THEM. Applies easily. Allows eye shadows to stay longer on lids. No creasing

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a stunning product, and one that I would definitely recommend to everyone. I put off buying it for ages, because I didn't want to get sucked into all the hype, but I finally caved and bought it a month or two ago and I'm so glad I did!
Bad To The Bronze is a stunning shade; more brown/hazel than gold, with a golden shimmer (not chunky glitter) throughout. I love it with my dark hazel/brown eyes, but I think it would look amazing with all eye colours, really.
Like has been said heaps already, it's very creamy once you break through the very top 'skin' when you first get it. I'm sure you could apply with a flat synthetic brush, but I don't really see the point as my finger works fine. Because of the unique consistency it's very easy to place the product exactly where you want it. The only time I've used a brush is when I've used it as a liner for my lower lashline (which looks stunning, by the way!).
Mostly I just sweep the colour lightly across my whole lid, concentrating a little more in the outer crease. I think this is a very pretty, put-together look that I wear when I want to feel a little special.
Price-wise here in New Zealand it's not actually too bad (given that all makeup is horrifically expensive anyway) - about $17 at Farmers. Still more than an hour's wages, but it is a product that I feel is worth spending a bit on.

The only reason I've taken a lippy off is the wearing issue: don't get me wrong, this is by far the longest wearing cream shadow I've tried, but it doesn't live up to its 24 hour wear claim. I don't even have outstandingly oily eyelids, so I was a bit disappointed with that. I get about 8 hours (I know, that's still amazing!) before it starts to separate/crease a bit. As I say, I don't really mind, but I won't give a product a full 5 stars if it doesn't live up to one of its claims.

Overall, I love this product. None of the other colours available here are ones I would really get any use out of, but if NZ ever gets any of the special collections I'll definitely consider picking up some more - Inked in Pink and Barely Branded are two that I know I'd love.

So yes, a definite repurchase (if/when I run out)!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by heyitsjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Omg I love this eye shadow! i wear it every single day! and it lasts for a super long time. I love the formula..it starts off creamy but then it sets and it doesnt crease at all! i dont even need a primer. And the color is gorgeous..im pretty fair so when i first saw it I thought it would be too dark. But its not its great for my pale skin. If you dont have this color you have to get it its amazing! its a great neutral shade..I hope maybelline never stops making this!