Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 8/28/2012 9:57:00 PM

I got this when I was at the drug store getting eco tools and saw this color so I figured why not. Well I really like it the color lasts quite nicely. It's like a pinky brown more on the brown or truffle brown. I have pale skin with pink undertones and this color is great for everyday and special occasions. It has very long where it lasted through my food break with no problem an it feels good to retouch. I got it for half price which was nice if I wear it more it will def be a repurchase.

Love the color though such a great one I only need one coat and it looks great.:)

on 8/25/2012 7:25:00 AM

I love red lipstick but this is taking over as my favorite lip product of all time. This fantastic MLBB shade is what I wanted MAC's Patisserie to be--it's a gorgeous neutral brownish mauve pink which is very flattering and brings warmth to my positively ghostly NW10-or-lighter skin. The texture is great too--it glides on smoothly and lasts longer than I would expect from this type of product. Obviously, as other reviewers have said, the glossy sheen won't last forever, but it does leave a nice tint on the lips for a longer period of time. I (unfortunately) tend to be drawn to somewhat pricey makeup, but this is a diamond in the drugstore-rough and I simply cannot get enough of it.

on 8/24/2012 10:57:00 AM

This such a great drugstore find. It's creamy, but not sticky. It lasts longer than a lot of similar tinted lip balms, and is evenly and richly pigmented. The Pink Truffle color is a perfect daytime neutral - like your lips, but better. I definitely want to try other colors. The packaging is nice too - I like the jeweled-looking top, and it stays on firmly. It's not THE most moisturizing thing ever, but it's not drying either. If you layer some neutral balm or Chapstick over or under it, it's great.

on 8/18/2012 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE these lip butters, they are soft, creamy, moisturizing, and have a variety of colors. Pink truffle is a more mature version of pink, it's got some rosy and mauve to it which makes it a wonderful MLBB color for my mom, yes I think this color is not for everybody, on my mom it looks beautiful while on me it just looks weird. The whole lip butter line is amazing nonetheless, I'm very much in love with these little gems!

on 8/17/2012 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely fantastic. A lovely, very moisturizing lipstick - almost like a heavily tinted lip balm. This color is outstanding. Somewhat sheer, but still plenty of pigment for a clean, polished look. Very pretty and fresh. I adore this color and tend to stash multiple tubes in different bags, desk drawer, makeup cabinet, etc.

on 8/11/2012 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This lip product is my go-to 'professional' lipstick. Love the darker, mauve color and it looks great on my medium-tan skin. The feeling is very slippery, so I have to reapply often. Still, it's very moisturizing and I LOVE the color.

on 8/9/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Personally I feel that this shade is a bit over hyped on me it is quite a dark muddy yet blue based pink which doesn't look very natural at all and quite lip-sticky was hoping it would be a little paler. This shade out of all them seems to be the most prone to melting compared to the other four shades I have?

on 8/5/2012 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought a bunch of different colors as these are wonderful. This color is a very natural pinky beige that I would think would work on anyone. I love the butters and will continue to buy them.

on 7/27/2012 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

AWESOME MLBB color for me and that's truly hard to find b/c I have darker/pigmented lips. Love the color, texture, and feel of this. It's pretty much everything I've been looking for from the moisturization to the shade. The pigmentation is great - no swiping and re-swiping and swiping again with this. You can definitely sub your lip balm for this product because of how creamy and moisturizing it is. If it was a tad more long-lasting it would be absolutely perfect.

Update 2014: This is probably my favorite lip product. It's the only colored lip product that I can just slather on generously--with no blotting or fuss--and have it look great no matter what. With this, I don't have to carry around a lip balm in addition. It's no-nonsense, the color is amazing for my skin color, and it's just easy to wear.

on 7/18/2012 11:28:00 AM

I agree that is a MLBB shade for most ladies and it is a very safe/flattering shade to try. The formula is really soft so this would probably melt in hot weather & the packaging is not the best. I've been wearing this to work daily with beaute's heroine lipgloss on top (looks very put-together)