September 16, 2014 | 1772 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by lilyofthevalley47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pink Truffle is a good MLBB product. Its browny-pink undertones suited my natural lips well. But although it feels great and smooth like a lip balm when first applying, it felt very drying and that disappointed me. I'm not one for slippery-smooth lip colors, but this product made me feel like I had been sucking in air in Chicago or something. I would have appreciated a little less sparkle too... a nice, creamy sheen would have made this product more like-able.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

I have Fig Jam which is an okay color but I like Pink Truffle better. It is more pigmented than I expected, almost like a lipstick. The color is brown/nude/rose with no blue. It looks like a natural lip color but much more vivid. I usually add a slightly frosted balm over it. The Lip Butter collection is not particularly moisturizing and, like all balms, does not last very long if you eat or drink.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

NC25 & this is my HG. Out of my many lipsticks this is the one I can always count on and the one I grab the most. Someone mentioned it resembles EL's Rose Tea lipstick which is a favorite of mine so I knew there was a reason this shade stood out to me the most and has become a favorite as well. Its quick and easy to apply & makes me look put together even on my rough days when all I can do is swipe on lipstick and run out the door. I adore this formula and shade & hope they keep it around a loooong long long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love "Pink Truffle". Love everything about it, the name, the product, the packaging, everything. It's the perfect MLBB shade for me, flattering enough for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by tyisha19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this lipstick so much. it looks so good on my lips and it doesnt bother me that it doesnt last tht long. ill gladly reapply!!!!! love it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I’d had all Revlon Lip Butters I needed with ‘Sugar Plum’ and ‘Fig Jam’. But I’d read so many rave reviews of ‘Pink Truffle’ and I like the lip butter formula, so I swapped for this, and ‘wow!’ do I like it! The color is great, a pinkish-brown MLBB shade (it’s the slightly warmer counterpart to ‘Sugar Plum’, but no so warm that is turns orange-y on me). The color just makes my lips look plump and lovely. The formula is semi-sheer and creamy. It sinks into my lips and lasts for a few hours, fading into a soft stain. I can apply a couple of coats for fuller coverage, or a single coat topped with a bit of gloss/balm, for a more sheer look. I am always pleased with how lovely my lips look when I wear this (and wonder why I don’t wear it more often!) This is not without a (few) complaints, though. The formula is quite soft, and doesn’t hold its shape well in the tube, even when exposed to the slightest bit of heat. And you get quite a small amount of product (.09 oz) compared to other lipsticks and tinted balms, I’m surprised how quickly I’m working my way through the tube. *But* this is still reasonably priced for such a great product, plus you can almost always finds sales or coupons for these, I will gladly buy ‘Pink Truffle’ again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by lotusflowerbomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I have tan skin, and bigger lips, and this is the PERFECT tinted lip balm. As a huge fan of more natural looking makeup, this is perfect. The shade is a seductive darker pink. It's one of my favorite products, and I will continue to buy it.

EDIT: it's been about half a year since I started using this, and nothing else compares. If Revlon ever stops making this product... I don't know what I'd do with myself. Haha.
Serious HG product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by rosemary5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic color, MLBB, a nice warm nude/ brown/ pinkish red that wavers between natural and slightly seductive in a dark, mature-chic sort of way.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Thaxter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is terrific. Pink truffle is a wonderful everyday shade for work. This *almost* matches what I thought was my HG lipstick for life, Clinique's Pink Beach. It is really close in color but lacks the hint of frost that Pink Beach has.

I have pale skin with yellow undertones and hazel eyes. As I get older, I want products that are subtle in color but still discernable and flattering. This lipstick perfectly fits the bill.

I'm usually in a rush before work, and just slap this on and take off. Here is the amazing thing. I can get caught up in a day and never touch up my lipstick. When I get home, my lips still have a stain of color on them. That's the best thing about this -- it's long wearing and stays vivid all day. You will lose the creamy gloss over time, but the color stays on your lip, like a subtle lip stain. It outperforms more expensive lines such as Benefit and Clinique as far as wearability and performance. And it's nondrying.

I also tried Peach Parfait. I've got to say I also love this color on my yellow toned skin. One swipe of this on a sunny weekend day and you're good to go. There is some glitter in this so go easy. I will be trying other colors in this line for certain.

Other drugstore brands might want to look at the phenomenon of this product carefully, because like others here, I've grown to ignore all my other lipsticks!

My only criticism is that the bottom feels a bit unstable and can sometimes be a bit hard to pull out. I think a larger base would allow better control in applying the product.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by raspberrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awesome MLBB color. I love the way this feels on my lips. Just wish it lasted longer.