John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

3.4

on 10/2/2003 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If this is the blonde shampoo that brightens your highlights, then that is what I have. :) It is **extremely** drying but nothing has ever made my blonde streaks look so bright and shiny. I use it maybe 2 x a week and make sure I follow it with deep conditioner!

on 9/30/2003 9:30:00 PM

This shampoo did not highlight my hair and was nothing special.

on 8/14/2003 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?? This is in line with TIGI's Dumb Blonde shampoo.... It would be good... Were it not made with Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. This is a terribly drying cleanser. Even Sodium Laureth Sulfate is rather drying, and should be used sparingly on distressed hair, but Ammonium detergents are terrible...

When I first went blonde, I used this stuff... And thought that hair loss was a natural part of the bleached hair equation. Now that I've changed brands (many times), my hair has returned to its old habits. I hardly ever see it, in the shower or in the comb. Shampoos that use ALS are very bad for any kind of hair... And this one, marketed to the typically fragile fake blonde, is criminal.

This shampoo was okay. It worked like any other shampoo I have used. It didn't effect my hair in any way.

on 8/2/2003 1:12:00 PM

i actually like this. yes it does seem a bit drying, but with a conditioner and since my hair gets a little oily that is no problem. i think that it does help my hair's color, but maybe that it just because my hair tends to turn a bit green with water. i knocked it to a 4 because i dont really care for the smell although its not noticeable at all once dry and its not bad when using it. i love the packaging too, since its upside down its easy to get the product out.

on 7/28/2003 9:40:00 AM

didn't do anything for my blonde hair. no difference, except maybe a bit drying which is a DISASTER on bleached hair. yeuch.

on 7/21/2003 5:07:00 PM

Started out well with this - added shine and kept my highlights in good color. However the silicone-based ingredients did build up and made my hair feel brittle (yes I did use the conditioner from the same range and yes I've had highlights for years so know how they dry out the hair but this was something else). Changed shampoo and conditioner and normal service was resumed.

on 6/13/2003 9:13:00 PM

I used this for a while but it started to build up in my hair. After swimming once it would not rinse out for two weeks until I used some of my dad's Head & Shoulders. My sister, who has finer and blonder hair than I, was able to use it with no problem. The other shampoo(s) I have used since work much better.

I think its more a pyschological benefit for a blonde to use this then an actual working product. I also found it does weigh my hair down after using it a couple days and it really does not do much for highlighs. Mostly hype I'm afraid.

on 2/6/2003 5:01:00 PM

Good for blondes, and has a nice scent to it.