December 19, 2014 | 1097 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Packaging;
Plastic and feels light when you hold it. Looks very cute and fancy, it has grey rose prints on it, unlike Lancôme 's other mascaras. On one side of the cap it says HYPNÔSE in silver, with a silver rose next to it. Under that it says Doll Eyes in Italic style. On the other side of the cap it says LANCÔME in silver. The tube is 13,5 cm long (5.3 inches).

Brush;
The brush is 2,5 cm long (1 inch). It is triangle shaped, like a Christmas tree, thicker at the bottom and thinner at the end. At the bottom it is 1 cm wide (0.4 inch) and at the end it's about 0,4 cm wide (0.2 inch). Personally I think it picks up a normal amount of product, all you have to do is wipe of the excess at the tip, like you have to do with all mascaras. It has the same round shape all around, except it getting thinner at the end, it doesn't have a flat side like many other mascaras do.

Product and personal opinion;
Keep in mind that the quality of a mascara is always a combination of product and brush, and if you like it or not usually depends on the shape of your lashes and skin type. I have tried many other mascaras by Lancôme that work much better on me than this. This is probably the worst of them, though it works OKAY. It feels drier than normal, but not too dry. On me it smudges under my eyes, so it's certainly not waterproof. It doesn't give volume, but lengthens a bit. Doesn't curl much.

The mascara also has a strong scent of roses, which is ridicilous since it can only cause problems and no good - you can't feel the smell on your eyes anyway, it can only irritate sensitive eyes. It's the only scented mascara I have ever come across, and it is really unnecessary.

Conclusion and advice;
For me and my eyes this was a waste of money. It costs alot of money. If you happen to love this mascara but think it's too much money, L´Oréal has a mascara with a very similar brush, called Lash Architect 4D Mascara. It's much cheaper and works the same on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by monkeysss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't call myself a fanatic over this mascara, but I definitely like it. I am on my second tube of it and I am satisfied. It has a tapered brush that both fans the outer lashes and gets at the ones in the inner corners. It separates, volumizes and lengthens, but doesn't hold a curl whatsoever (which is why if they make a waterproof version of this, I need to try it!). If Lancome produced this in 'very black' I would be a very happy camper; I am not completely satisfied with the pigmentation of any of the 'black' Lancome mascaras I have tried. While I have repurchased this and would again, it is not my HG, but I believe it is worth a try if you have some extra funds sitting in the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Stessie101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. I am blessed with big, thick, curly lashes, & doll eyes really enhanced them, without making me feel ridiculous. I wouldn't recommend to girls who have smaller lashes, I think there are better options, but for me, this is awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

It works okay, but is a very dry formula and felt scratchy going on. There are better mascara's out there for the money, and it wasn't that fabulous.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake210

I would not purchase this mascara again. I guess you would say I am picky when it comes to mascara. I prefer volumizing and dry formulas. What gets me with this particular mascara is the wand. I do not like the shape. The formula is ok. It's not super wet and I think I would like the mascara more if it wasn't for the cone shaped wand.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

This mascara has been a total and utter disappointment especially for its price. I have regular stick straight not very thick eyelashes. They can look thick and lush (and keep a curl)when I use my HG maybelling falsies wp. Hypnose doll lashes just defines my somewhat skimpy lashes. So they just look like defined skimpy lashes. That is it and that is ALL. The formula immediately uncurls my lashes which all non waterproof formulas always do on me. This mascara is as "fabulous" as maybelline great lash. The brush is a joke too. I have to switch hands in order to try to use it correctly. I shouldnt have to do that. LAME, BORING, DISAPPOINTING EXPENSIVE MASCARA. NEVER AGAIN WILL I WASTE MY MONEY. But if you ALREADY have naturally thick lush curly lashes then by all means give this a shot. (but if I were those lucky ladies I would save my money and go for drugstore brands which outperform this sorry excuse of a mascara any day. )

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by xapplex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love almost everything from Lancôme when it comes to makeup - except for the mascaras. Doll Eyes is no exception:

Pros:
- doesn't clump

Cons:
- No added volume
- No lengthening
- Doesn't hold a curl
- Smudges and flakes

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by ruskapunkkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hypnose has been my regular goto high end mascara so when I was in KICKS (Swedish makeup store) last week I thought why not try this one instead. Stupid does what stupid is. This mascara did nothing for my eyes, at least nothing good.

Working with the mascara was tough. First coat left me with just darkened lashes that weren't particularly long or thick. Second coat gave me spider legs. As some other reviewer suggested I leave the mascara be for awhile. The consistency might change for the better. For this pricey item I shouldn't need to go through hoops.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Looks very pretty... the second photo is me wearing it. I actually bought this because the sales girl had beautiful lashes so I asked her which mascara she was wearing herself and it turned out to be this one. Doll eyes is a very accurate description: gives a wide-eyed and innocent look, more pretty than sexy, I think. I just don't understand why a mascara needs to smell so strongly of perfume! It's a good mascara but I think I prefer Diorshow. This one does really open up your eyes and curls the eyelashes up, whereas Diorshow seems to be a bit more sultry and appears to add more volume, which I like.

Edit 16 April 2012: Today I put my Diorshow on one eye and this one on the other. It's now nearly 11 pm here and Hypnose Doll Eyes still looks gorgeous, whereas Diorshow looks kinda clumpy and not as lush as I thought. Hm. I also like that this mascara seems to make my lash line look denser somehow... as if I am wearing eyeliner almost. Downside was that this one stung my eye a little and Diorshow never did that, but the feeling passed really quickly, as did the horrible chemical 'rose' smell. Anyone interested in seeing the difference, I uploaded a pic to my profile. Left eye = Doll eyes, right eye = Diorshow (viewer's perspective)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by nanipoonani

I usually don't buy anything more expensive than Benefit when it comes to mascara, but I'm obsessed with the Biba look this spring and got really excited about this mascara. It applied nicely, though sparingly like new mascaras do, but was amazing on my bottom lashes (mine usually spike and tangle and generally fail to impress). Trouble was, an hour later there was no mascara on my lashes, and a heck of a lot on my face. I am a bit oily, especially around the eyes, but this just wasn't going to work at all. I swapped it out for Definicils, but I'm not much more pleased with that one. I must just have the wrong skin type for Lancome.