April 16, 2014 | 1183 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got it as a birthday gift at Sephora (mini size). At first I wasn't not a fan as I love my Dior mascara (have been using it for years).. until I run out of my Dior and bought Maybelline Rocket Volume (and it was horrible!). So I tried Benefit They're Real again and I like it. Much better than Maybelline..
I love the fact that this mascara does not flake but the product clumps up at the tip of the applicator, and is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by shivanisud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I worked in cosmetics for a year and received a sample of this. I've tried a lot of mascaras but never had one that really stood out. My lashes are pretty long so I had always thought that any old mascara will do. However, this is the first mascara where I noticed a big difference in my lashes! They always make my lashes look extra extra long! Sometimes too long and I feel like it's inappropriate for daytime use haha I like the brush because it really clings to my lashes. I wonder why it doesn't have better reviews? I really liked it! 5 stars for me. You should just get one at Macy's and try it and if you don't like, return it! Haha :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging:
I'm just gonna put this out there already: I pretty much love all of Benefit Cosmetics' packaging.

Price:
This mascara was really an impulse buy for me. I honestly feel that this is very pricey for a mascara.

Texture:
Creamy right from the get go. Obviously it gets thicker as time passes by.

Smell:
None

Pros:
-You can get away with not using an eyelash curler
-Great color
-Doesn't flake
-Hard to get off (It's a pro and a con)
-Definitely gives you the volume

Cons:
-Sooooo pricey!
-The product clumps up at the very tip of the applicator.

Comments/Impressions:
I love this mascara. I would definitely say it's worth the price, but no matter how much I think about it, it's still quite expensive! Luckily though, I got the 2 for 1 set where it came with 1 full size and 1 travel size mascara for the same price as 1 full size one! Like I said above, it didn't flake on me and stood its ground whenever I teared up or anything. I usually don't use a lash curler and with the right techniques, you can get your desired volume with this. I just hate how the tip gets so full of product! I'm the type of person who cringes when people rub the tip into the bottle. I feel like it's a waste of the product. It starts off creamy already so you don't have to worry about it being too liquidy. However it gets better as time passes by. Right now my mascara is at that perfect point where it's creamy yet stiff so it gives you that hold without waiting forever for it to dry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Allioopz

This mascara made me switch to high end mascara after using it. I thought the cheap was just as good but was wrong once i tried this bad boy. It separates, and lengthens my lashes as close to perfectly as ill probably ever get. Very dark pigmented which is great. A+

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by girlgeniuss

I used to think drugstore mascaras were the same as high end, until I found myself using 6 different bottles just to achieve full lashes. I bought this on a whim and after a couple of days, I threw out every other mascara I had used prior. I agree that it's not for everyone, but I have very thin and minimal lashes and for me this thing works miracles. It doesn't quite fake the look of false lashes but they definitely look alive and full after just a few strokes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Hunnikins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I will be buying this one again. It's one of the few that's complimented and worked really well with my lashes. They are naturally very long so what I need is a good thickener and this works very well for me. They really do look like nice full lashes when I use this mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Andiec100

They're real alright... Really clumpy after you've used this product on your lashes! I have long lashes and thought this would help to give them some volume but the product just clumps, lashes felt wet and sticky, I couldn't last one day with it, had to take it off there and then. Wish I had tried on before I purchased. For the price it is definitely not worth the money, can think of so many other high street brands that do a much better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by ilovealmondjoys

I absolutely adore this mascara. It makes my lashes "pop" with only one coat. This is currently my HG mascara. I use it every day. Just a little warning: It can get a little clumpy if you use too much of it. Don't go overboard. Unless you like the spider-leg clumpy look!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by KieshaPastrami

This mascara isn't for everyone. The formula is wet and kind of runny and it weighed my lashes down even if I curled it pretty we'll upon application (I have short, thin and straight lashes). I don't hate it, I've seen it work for other people but if you have "Asian lashes", it might not work out for you. It doesn't clump and the wand really separates the lashes. I like how it doesn't make your lashes feel very stiff and crumbly like other mascaras do. They feel like your real lashes except it will have this almost rubbery coat feel. I guess that was what Benefit was after. The wand is immaculate, it separates well, coats lashes evenly and doesn't clump. But sadly, this mascara isn't for people like me with short, sparse lashes. I think I'll settle for a creamier or maybe drier formula. It will work better for people with naturally long and curved lashes. Will never repurchase again. Plus it's expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by teoreo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this mascara the minute I got it. I use it every day and it definitely makes a difference. I have really short lashes, pretty much invisible without mascara so this is definitely a life savior. It makes them a lot longer and thicker just after one coat, it's amazing! The only cons about this are that it's not a waterproof mascara (which is a total bummer), it's quite expensive and it takes a bit to dry, like 1-2 minutes, but that's not a huge con. All in all, it's a very good mascara which in my case is worth the price cause it lasts a long time.