November 24, 2014 | 1819 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is another product that I used for a while but never really loved. I don't think it was great for my face, but at the same time it didn't do anything bad either. I used this during my phase that I was convinced I had combination skin (it's not and never really was... ). I have mostly dry skin but will get the occasional pimple. I like the foam form this cleanser - but as far as makeup removal it wasn't great.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ilovesunflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really acne-prone skin,I could never get past one week without getting 2 or 3 new acne coming out. If one heals a lot more comes out. It's so frustrating and annoying. Having said that, I am looking for a good cleanser that really cleans dirt off your face and helps prevent breakouts. I always see Aveeno products everywhere but too afraid to try it coz it might fail me. Then, I figured I'd do a research first so that somehow I know how this product works for different people. I've found good reviews about it. Some even said that it evens out skin tone but I don't believe it but I decided to finally give it a try. I got it for about $10 at superstore. I immediately tried it and it has a good foamy consistency. I liked it a lot even the packaging and 1pump is enough for the whole face.I love that it has SA in it wihch really works.! The smell is so nature-yy. You might not believe it but it actually did lighten up the acne scars on my face! It did not dried my skin out and the best thing about it is that it really prevents breakouts! I've been using it for about 2 months now and I never got severe,gigantic acne again. I get maybe 1 tiny stupid pimple but that's because of my hormone and it's that "special time" of the month. ^_~ This is actually an HG product for me. <3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why I continue to buy this product. I guess it really does bad nor good. But, sometimes, I think that it does not prevent breakouts as they will appear around my jaw line area periodically. It does not deep cleanse but leaves my skin soft and does not leave residue behind. Just an ok product. This is supposedly similar to Amibi's foaming wash but I had better results with that one than this one as far as preventing breakouts. However, they mustve discontinued Ambi as I cannot find it anywhere!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This cleanser works very well for me. It has SA which helps with acne. I cannot comment on how well it works for this issue since I only get blemishes here and there. I do like how well it cleanses, how it feels, and that it is foaming. I used to use Bioelements Flash Foaming Cleanser which I love, but needed a cheaper alternative. Plus, this is easier to find. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by 2010

This product was okay for me. It didn't clear my acne, but it made my face 'glow' in my opinion, so my complexion was definitely evened out.. just not my acne.

PROS

Love the foaminess, I usually use cream cleansers so it was a great change for me
I'm not sure of the price, my mom bought it for me, but I think its aroung $7-8 CAD so not too bad.
Like I said, it definitely made my overall complexion look better

CONS

Dried out my skin. I have the worlds wonkiest skin, sometimes it can be super oily, sometimes it can have random dry patches and other times it can be super dried out...:(
Didn't help at all with my acne, and i think it gave me more b/c of it drying out my skin so much!

I wouldn't purchase this again just because I like acne-clearing things, but in the future if my skin were to ever clear up I might purchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by kohana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only cleanser that I actually re-buy because it works for me! It makes my face feel so soft after washing, and I actually also use it on my back and chest where I tend to break out the most. It really works for that (although you have to use a ton if you're using it on the body). My face actually doesn't suffer from acne all that much, but I use it anyway because it feels nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by madamrock8320

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros
-Use of soy extract
-Evens out skin tone
-Leaves skin feeling clean and soft
-EXCELLENT product for those with mild to moderate acne
-Prevents breakouts
-Nice creamy feel

Cons
-Really none, slightly drying but that's with all facial cleansers.

I highly recommend this product to anyone with mild to moderate acne. It prevents breakouts and it helps tone your overall complexion. My skin is pretty dry and it leaves it relatively soft in the end. Just use it with a moisturizer, preferrably the Aveeno Clear Complexion one. Using the same product really makes a difference in your skin. This is a very nice product, I'll either buy this or the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub, both work wonders :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall this product was just OK. I have sensitive skin that gets oily in the summer and dry in the winter. I found that this cleanser was nice and smooth and came with an easy to use pump. I have to spend about 30-60 seconds gently cleansing my face with this product in order for it to remove all of my makeup. It helps even out my skin tone, but I haven't noticed any difference in helping with acne break-outs. I have to be careful not to get any of the product on my lips, otherwise they get really irritated. I am probably not going to be buying this product again, because there are other cleansers that work better and are less expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by edr118

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I do not recommend this cleanser to anyone who is looking to get rid of their acne. All I can say is that it made my skin feel soft afterwards but I did not see any improvements with my skin. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by tickypost1

I bought this last summer and felt it improved my acne but later it finished and I started buying other stuff. I got this again recently and used it but it dulls my skin color(even the first bottle dulled my skin)