October 31, 2014 | 1527 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lemonwasher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

The SA in Bobbi Brown told me that this cream had an oil control feature so if I had dry skin I shouldn't use it. However, I got a sample from her and used it for a week (I wouldn't buy a fdtn that I couldn't try first) and I would definitely use it when in summer or in Asia (my summer home).

Price: For RM150 (about GBP30) its on the expensive side. But not so expensive that I wouldn't pay for it again. So i would buy it again.

Packaging : Standard. The upside down tube is the easiest way to get maximum product without compromising the sanitation of the remaining product. I suppose it may be quite easy to cut the tube up and scrape the remainder out when you can no longer squeeze (and I will do this because of how much it cost me).

Product: It evens out my skintone and is not sticky at all. Its very easy to blend with fingers or a brush and I like that its light coverage. I use it on days when I'm not really wanting to put on a whole face so I just use this and maybe something on the lip. It doesn't cover all spots/redness perfectly so if I were using this for a full face I would layer a thin layer of foundation on top and go from there. (I do not use concealer). The spf is an added bonus when in summer or in a hot country. It doesn't dry me out. It smells very lightly of sunscreen but that's only if you stick your nose in proper to smell it. It leaves a matte finish.

As an Asian with yellow undertone the colour (the darkest for me) suits me perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by love_kissandtell

Bobbi Brown's BB cream comes in a slim black tube, exuding the brand's signature sleekness. The flip-top hasn't given me any problem so far (in terms of messy product leakage, difficult to open, etc). I like that the tube is small and slim enough for me to slip into my handbag, handy for quick after-work touchup before dinner or drinks.

texture-wise, the cream isn't too thick or too runny, making application easy as i was able to spread the cream and blend it quite easily. i didn't notice any unpleasant scent (or any at all, for that matter) upon application. This BB cream is available in 3 shades (Extra Light, Light, Fair), and the SA recommended that I get Extra Light. I think Extra Light is a tad too light for me, but Light is definitely too dark. So i went ahead and purchased Extra Light, which looks fine after oxidation.

The SA advised that I get BB cream instead of tinted moisturizer, as BB cream supposedly works better on oily skin. While my skin isn't overly oily, it's still affected by the incredibly humid weather here and more often than not I find myself having to blot a couple of times throughout the day. Weather here sucks that way >:( But i digress. The point is, Bobbi Brown's BB cream supposedly provides more coverage and better oil control compared to Tinted Moisturizer, and I thought woow that's something I can't miss, even though I was deeply in love with Laura Mercier's TM. A TM that works just like TM but with skin-loving ingredients, better coverage, and better oil control? I MUST HAVE IT.

Shortly (a few hours) after the initial application, I do notice that the SA's claims were true. Better coverage? check. Better oil control? check. However, towards mid afternoon (after 5 hours or so), I realize that the coverage has thinned out, and it looks more or less like if I'd applied TM instead. I also miss the dewy and glowy look that only LM's TM could give.

Nonetheless, I have to give credits to Bobbi Brown for creating a great yellow-based BB cream (a point that has been overlooked by numerous Korean BB cream producers, resulting in ashy complexions -cringes-). I also agree that Bobbi Brown's BB cream provides much better oil control--this perhaps, is due to the nature of the product itself (ie. BB cream VS TM).

Thus, I will not be purchasing this product again. Perhaps I'll try Bobbi Brown's TM, but maybe I should just stick to my beloved LM.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 10:11:00 AM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried many korean BB creams in the past ( Gowoonsesang brightening balm, BRTC Jasmine water, Skinfood Mushroom bb cream and Missha perfect cover bb cream) and I have to say that this is by far the best bb cream I have ever used! Most of the korean bb creams that I have used in the past are either too rich or tend to leave an unnaturally greyish cast on the face. Some of them are also unnaturally pink.

Bobbi brown has recently released a new range of BB cream which is Asia exclusive and comprises of 3 shades; Extra Light, Light and Fair (Extra Light being the lightest and Fair being the darkest). I am NC15 and use Extra Light. The texture of this cream is very lightweight, non greasy and has quite good oil control. Although it is claimed to be good for all skin types, it can be slightly drying for dry skins. Therefore if your skin is exceptionally dry I would advise you to moisturise well before applying this cream on top. Like all bb creams, the texture is fairly thick but is still relatively easy to blend on the skin. Coverage is sheer to medium depending on how much you apply. I believe it can even be built up to full coverage if you layer on more product. Like all Bobbi brown products, the shades take on a slightly yellow tone although not as yellow as her other foundations; the bb cream shades are fairly neutral in my opinion. This cream gives a lovely glowy finish to the skin even after I set it with a light dusting of translucent loose powder. I should also add that I have extremely sensitive skin and this has not irritated my skin, caused me any breakouts or clogged my pores. Big plus point! The only downside with this product is that the shade range is very limited so women of color or people with darker skintones will have a problem finding a match which is a pity because this is an excellent product.

The product comes in a no frills sleek black tube with a screw cap which is practical although not the prettiest in my opinion. Also, this BB cream is on the more expensive side ; I paid RM150 for it in Malaysia which works out to be about 50usd. To sum it up, this is by far my favourite base makeup product from Bobbi brown and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good BB cream.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No