November 28, 2014 | 1074 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by wwmmwwm

Love that it won't make the dry area around my nose look flakey. Love that it's so sheer and easy to blend and doesn't sit on top of my skin. It's so sheer and blendable that you can do a very very thin layer on your skin and it look great if you have good skin. Would smooth out the discoloration a little bit but won't cover it. Pretty dewy. Not too long-lasting if you have oily skin like me. It would darken after about 2 hours but the finish is still not bad, won't separate on your skin and look dirty, can look oily and greasy in humid hot weather. But I love love love the way my skin looks right after application. it gives a healthy glow. I think it's the second or third best foundation I've used after Sisley's.
btw, love the price, plastic bottle, really convenient to carry around.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Believe13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product, because so many beauty gurus raved it on youtube. It comes with a pump. The foundation has medium-coverage and is easy to blend. I t is not buildable though, but I don't mind that. It gives your skin a very healthy and natural finish. I think the lasting power is quite good, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Good foundation - goes on very smoothly, has a great texture, and wears well. I actually prefer the other healthy mix fdtn, because it has a bit more coverage. I usually choose fdtns, that are more neutral or cool, but find this looks pretty good on me even though it is a bit more yellow. I gave it to my daughter but it's a bit too yellow and dark for both of us.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

This has got to be hands-down my favourite foundation of all time. I own this version as well as the original version (which is thicker in consistency). I have tried a lot of high end foundations in the past but I love this one the most! I seldom get break outs so I don't really need a thick foundation and I also dislike the feel of heavy foundation sitting on my skin. As with the original version, I absolutely adore the fruity smell that comes from this foundation. This is my every day go-to foundation. I have noticed that every time I have used this foundation, my boyfriend/ friends have complimented on how "glowy" my skin looks. This foundation photographs beautifully and isn't "cakey" at all. I use this foundation in conjunction with the Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer and the combo seems to work very well together. I am a MAC NC 25-30 (Asian with some yellow under-tones) and use shade #53 in the concealer and foundation. I highly recommend this foundation for those who generally have quite good skin and just need something light to balance out the skin tone. If you however, feel as though you need something with slightly fuller coverage, then give the original Healthy Mix a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by emilysoares

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for a few weeks now and it is absolutely my HG foundation for my combination skin. It's a pleasure to use, its runny consistency glides on effortlessly after moisturising. I usually use my hands to massage the product in and use a damp beauty blender to blend and create a more 'airbrush' finish. It leaves my skin looking dewey and fresh.
It hydrates my drier areas and is fine on my oilier areas if I just powder a bit. It holds up all day and has a pleasant fruity/sweet scent. When testing in the shop I couldn't really find the perfect shade so I had to buy both 52 and 53 and mix, which I don't mind because in the summer I can use more of the darker and in the winter more of the lighter shade.
My only issue is it can look quite heavy and end up flaking when I try to build coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mihailo1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Call me modest or even unambitious, but I will not be trying out any other foundations. The search ends here. Actually I recently did try Max Factor 3 in 1, just out of curiosity, it's fine, but not as good as Healthy Mix Serum. An incomparable product. My skin tends to get oily during summer, still HMS works amazingly well. Shade 52 is perfect, texture is fantastic and it lasts for hours. That being said, I must point out that it does not have the highest coverage, which is fine with me. A touch of concealer here and there and my face is flawless. It would not look as natural if it the coverage was any higher. Usually those dense, heavy pigmented foundations morph into a cake within an hour. They work only if you are on TV. Anyway... ...five stars for HMS.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by nataliecc13

Great product, found a color that matches my skin and seamlessly blends. Good consistently, only downfall is no SPF. Otherwise great product. Looks better on my skin that my expensive foundations

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by shanidy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep trying to "love" this, but I only "like" it. It seems like lighter coverage to me. The smell is stronger than I like and seems like it could react sensitive skin. It didnt dry me out or make me an oil slick. Wear was about 8 hours, which seems fair to me. The #51 is a good match for my neutral pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Bazingaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant foundation for dry/ dry-combination skin. It lasts really well all day and doesn't oxidise (unlike mac studio fix!). It doesn't settle on dry patches/ blemishes either. The coverage is light but buildable to medium. It doesn't contain SPF so you're safe for photos too! There isn't a wide colour range though, particularly for medium to dark skin. I wear the 2nd darkest (56) and am a olive-tan skin tone. It's a great price & comparable to high end foundations

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It has been a few months since I bought this product. At first I thought it wasn't the right color match. I ordered it in Shade 51 (the lightest) and it still seemed darker than Bobbi Brown Alabaster and Lancôme in Ivoire 1n. So, it sat in my drawer for awhile. Anyway, the last few weeks I have actually given it a chance. It is a very liquidy texture and goes on quite sheer. For my face I only need 1/2 a pump. I use a foundation brush and apply it to the center panel of my face and then blend out. My gosh, this foundation is the best looking foundation I have ever tried in my life.

First, it ended up not mattering that it wasn't an exact color match since I apply it so sheerly. Second, the yellow tones in it actually do more to correct and even out any redness or pigmentation than better matching, heavier foundations I have tried. Third, it feels divine. At first, you can feel it like any liquid product you put on your skin. In a short time, it sets or sinks in and it is undetectable to me even when looking in a 10x magnifying mirror.

I have looked at it in natural light, artificial light, and even in awful hospital bathroom fluorescent light. It looks amazing. Just so flattering and soft. Doesn't cling to dry patches, gives a radiant glowy finish, and lasts on me at least 8 hours.

However, I have pretty good skin. I don't break out a lot. I don't have acne scarring. I exfoliate regularly. So not sure how this would work on someone that needed more coverage. But for me it is HG.