April 21, 2014 | 1127 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
-stays on all day
-makes skin look flawless and it doesn't emphasise those dry flaky bits around the face
-relatively cheap = got it off asos with promo code for around AUD$13 +free shipping
-slightly dewy finish but not to the extent where you are noticeably shiny
-hygienic as it has the pump
-one bottle will last you ages. I've had it for a month yet the bottle seems completely full
-it smells really really good (smells like garniers bb cream) but its not a strong smell

Cons:
-nothing, really! Definitely a staple

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by luckyunlucky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Really like this foundation when I'm looking for something to give me a healthy look but not look like I'm wearing makeup. The coverage is sheer - I still need to use concealer to hide any blemishes or dark circles. BUT it gives a really lovely even tone to the skin and a nice dewy finish.
I wouldn't recommend for oily skin because it doesn't seem to absorb oil at all. It doesn't highlight pores or flaky patches and is comparably long wearing (not noticeably longer or shorter than most foundations I've tried). Personally, I'd rather have to re-apply if I'm going out that night but have a super natural look. Most foundations that actually last a long time I find end up looking cakey anyways. This one just disappears after a while.
I'm still using my summer shade from when I had a slight tan and now it gives a bit of color to my much too pale winter skin (I use it on my neck too) without looking dirty.
One thing to note - it is smelly! It has lychee, goji and pomegranate in it so it smells fruity. I like that, but it is quite noticeable right after you put it on. The boyfriend said "Oooh I like your new perfume" about this foundation.
I have very sensitive skin and this product does not aggravate it unless I'm already in a full fledged reactive state.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by geekyn00b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've completely used up one bottle and repurchased this twice. No clogs, no trouble removing it, very smooth, cool feeling (not minty or anything, but clean) and importantly for me, it mixes well with everything. Big fan of the air pump (huzzah for hygiene).

I love it more than Tarte's smooth operator (my second favourite), and it's not as shiney. It IS moist-looking though, so if you're going for that “dewy complexion” thing and don't want to blind people in the sun, this is a safe bet. As for coverage, I just want something to even out my complexion and cover capilliaries, and this does the trick. It needs a few minutes but cooks* in so nicely, settling into my skin without settling into my lines, and it builds well so I use it as a concealer for my eye circles too.

*Yes, everything I know about makeup, I learnt from Rupaul's Drag Race.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by littlelolaballe

I originally purchased the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, and frankly this foundation did not suit my dry skin at all. So naturally I was a little nervous about purchasing the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation. But I was definitely pleasantly surprised to find it had a light consistency, was super blendable and was moisturizing enough for my dry skin.
The shade range is definitely limited (more yellow toned) but shade 52 (vanille) was a close enough match for me, slightly to dark if anything but with summer and spring on the way (hopefully) I went one shade darker rather than lighter.
The coverage is light, and moisturizing, yet I wouldn't say the finish was dewy, more of a natural satin? I would tend to agree that this foundation is for a 'good skin day', but I combine this with fuller coverage foundation if any I get any blemishes etc. My skin is definitely far from blemish free, I have oily (pimply) T zone, with dry red keratosis pilaris cheeks, but I still find this foundation works for me and makes my dull wintery skin seem healthy and luminous. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a light coverage providing a healthy glow. OH and it smells a.ma.zing :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Pyxxeestyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

- VERY sheer
- not for sensitive skin
- smells weird

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by nikksters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Living in London I have an oddly hard time finding yellow-undertone face products! I feel like everything is very pale and on the cooler side. This is the only brand of face makeup I wear and it suits me PERFECTLY. I love the gel foundation because you really can't tell that you have anything on your face. I love the foundations Bourjois does as well, but I tend to wear them at night cause I find they have just the slliighhttest powder-eyish look on your face in the daylight.

No one at school thinks I wear face makeup and all comment on how dewy and clear my skin is. I wear this everyday. I don't know how I'm going to cope when I'm in America and can't get this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by fritbb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! The shade i bought was a little too dark though, but i mix it with lighter foundations, and wait for the summer to use it. Everything about it is good.. the consistency, the finish and how it doesnt break me out.

The coverage is light, so I recommend using a concealer too if you have some spots. I've had a lot of foundations over the years, but this is definitly in my top 3!

(will update)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

Update 9th april 2013
Eugh i wish this works for me, i have been noticing bumps on my face. Ive been using this as under eye concealer/highlighter including the usual pore areas, and now there are average sized bumps and it sucks because it goes on my skin perfectly and it does not cake not it does makes my face oily so a BIG dissapointment :(

Ive been looking for sheer good but cheap fndt that i can wear at nightouts. And this is perfect. I just do one pump and spread it all over both palms and then apply it to my face.
What i love soooo much about this is that it feels like im not wearing any fndt, it doesnt cover much but it still looks really nice.
The smell reminds me of chanel fndts :p i wear shade 52 and im an nc25. At first i thought it would be too light, but it looks fine in my face since i sheer it off before appkying it to my face.
Definitely would buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

My definite must have. Medium coverage at most. I love how it looks and feels like second skin and two thumbs up on easy in blending PLUS no strong smell/scent. I use 51 during winter time but tend to mix 51 and 52 for a better match during sunnier months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm NC25 and I bought this in 52. I like the finish of the foundation but unfortunately its just not yellow enough for my very yellow toned skin.