August 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The brushes are super super soft taklon fibres. Dries very fast & I had no shedding of the fibres on my first wash. I don't like the stand/case that comes with it though, it's great as a stand, but too stiff as a carrier. The handles are light, and I presume it's made from aluminium.

My favourite is the contour brush, perfect size, fibre density & shape. It is so easy to blend with & it picks up just the right amount of product.
The buffing brush works well with everything, I love it with my mineral powder foundation, it's has the perfect amount of fibres to give stiffness to it without tugging the skin when you are using the brush to buff.
Foundation brush is very small compared to all my other paddle brushes, I've tried it with concealers, which works well, but I like it best has contouring brush for my nose.
I don't have much use for the lip brush though.
The price is very reasonable. I purchased this on Amazon for $17.99 since is marked up to $44 in Australia.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great pack for face make up, although the foundation brush is a bit too small for foundation (I use the RT stippling brush instead), so I use this for concealer instead, and it works a treat. The pack comes in a travel case which doubles as a stand, so it's very handy if you don't have a storage system for brushes, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

These brushes are amazing, i would say better than any high end brushes. I brought mine from boots for 21.99 which if you think about it, isnt bad for a sat of 4 brushes! As most people have said before, the buffer brush is great for foundation, it really gives you an even coverage without making you look cakey. I actually like the small precision brush for concealer but i dont think i'll ever use the foundation brush seeing as the buffer brush works so well. Would deffo buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like these brushes a lot. the buffer brush and contour brush are perfect! i don't really like the pointed foundation brush...i don't find much of a purpose for it, i sometimes use it for concealer. The 4th brush is a very tiny detail brush which is almost never find any use for. But I still think this package is worth it just for those two brushes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by solai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This set is really good value for quality. Usually brush sets miss something you need, can be quite expensive and buying individual brushes to make a set is even more expensive but this one is really, really well thought out. The set is rather inexpensive compared to other similar ones and I think this is a definite marketing strength. If it was more expensive, I think people would just buy from a more expensive brand. First I thought that the brushes look a little small but I afterwards realised that the size is really good for detailed application and applying products evenly also to more difficult places (e.g. concealer in the inner corner of the eye). Also, the brushes are very soft and easy to clean.

Another major plus is the case. It's sturdy so it protects the brushes AND it has space for other brushes. Even though the set doesn't have a powder brush, you can easily add one of your own. The case fastens with velcro and the ends are open so even if you add more brushes to it, you can still close it without damaging your brushes. The case is good for travelling as it's sturdy, streamlined and fits into a small space but you'd have to put it into a bag as the ends are open. The only kind of useless thing about the case is the "display" function, which I kind of don't get as the bands holding the brushes are kind of tight (as they should) and the ends of the brushes have a matte, slightly rubbery coating so you can't really slip them out of the case easily. On the other hand, you can hang the case from the string or carry it should you have a need for that. If I ever recommend a brush set, this is the one, and I plan to get the eye make up set as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

This is a good brush set.

I don't really use the Detailer Brush or the Pointed Foundation Brush, but the other two brushes are totally worth getting the whole set for.
The Contour Brush is really good for contouring (surprise, surprise), but I use it mostly to apply cream blush, cream and powder highlighter. It's small enough for a really precise application. It belnds powders and creams very nicely.
But my real love in this set is the Buffing Brush - it is simply amazing and can be used for so many things. I use it mostly to apply liquid, powder and cream foundations. It blends everything beautifully and makes the application easy and effortless. It can also be used to apply blusher or bronzer, or even setting powder.
All of the brushes are made of super soft sythetic bristles. The bigger one stand up and they all come in black case which is great for travelling.
I would definitely repurchase this set - the Buffing Brush alone is totally worth it. I do so wish it was sold separately though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great brushes! I've been a fan of the sisters' YouTube videos for years and at first, didn't like the look of these brushes. Especially, since they look cheap compared to the MAC and Louise Young brushes Sam always used in her tutorials. Anyway, after my son cut the top off my Nars powder brush I was distraught and found these brushes at my local Ulta. I bought them and they work great! Soft and beautiful and they apply powders like a dream! I use the two larger ones for my finishing powder and bronzer. The narrow foundation brush I use mostly for liquid foundations, cream blush and highlighters. The small one I use for concealers mostly. And I love the travel case. Just used it on a trip to San Francisco and it was great for transporting the brushes and standing them up on the vanity of my hotel room! Great quality and I plan to buy more Real Techniques brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush set is really a good investment if you want multiple brushes to work on different ways of application and get customised coverage.
Here's a little breakdown of what I think about each brush:

Buffing brush: Definitely the star of this brush set! Provides airbrushed and flawless finish for foundation. I actually prefer to stipple my foundation on with this brush instead of buffing it. I feel that stippling it on with this brush would spread the product more evenly then lightly buff it to blend. And it's really easy to clean.

Contour brush: Also another favorite of mine. I guess you can use this for foundation and application of base products. I use what it's meant for, contouring and some light blushing. I usually sweep on matte contouring powder along my hollows with this brush everyday, and a light touch of blush with the same brush. It blends the powders seamlessly and beautifully. Perhaps I will try this brush out with foundation application

Pointed Foundation Brush: I know everyone hates this brush, but I don't really mind the size because I have an idea on how to work on it. No, I don't use it to apply full face foundation because the brush size is ridiculously small to cover my face. I prefer my Essence of Beauty foundation brush for that. I use this brush mainly to build on coverage on the spots that the regular buffing brush misses, or for spot treating areas that need coverage. I also use this brush to blend out concealers because it is just slightly bigger than the regular concealer brushes so making it effortless to blend.

Detailer brush: The more versatile brush in this set. I don't really use it because I rarely use lip brushes or to use it as a concealer brush. I prefer my Ecotools concealer brush to apply concealer, but for really tiny spots, I will use this that the regular concealer brush misses. This brush is much better for defining your lips and applying lip products.

Overall, I like the brush set but not gonna repurchase because I think this is enough. Unless the brushes wear out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by derivedhope

These brushes are as amazing as samantha chapman. They apply everything beautifully, are super soft, the quality is to die for, they look gorgeous, and the price made me feel like I was stealing. I've had them for about 8 months and have yet to see a single hair fall out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this mainly for the buffing brush after hearing rave reviews and I wasn't disappointed. I use it with laura mercier mineral powder and it gives a wonderful finish. Its my go-to face brush now. I also love the contouring brush. Its the perfect size and shape. All the brushes are super soft and stay that way even after lots of washes. I use the foundation brush for concealer and the detailer brush just to tidy up any mistakes, but I get much more use out of the first 2 brushes.