September 30, 2014 | 1265 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by NaijaNYC

This ENTIRE set is worth the purchase if not just for, the Buffing Brush. This brush is AMAZING at applying liquid foundation. The intention of this brush was originally for powder, mineral powder and things of that nature. However, this is perfect for liquid foundation. It works the product into your skin like a dream. A Dream, I tell you!
Like they say, it will leave you pixel perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by riebr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I looove these brushes! They work very well and the coverage is amazing.. The only thing is that i'm from Denmark, and therefore I had to pay dobble the price than some others would. I can only recommend these!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Belle145

I'd heard about the Real Techniques brushes for a while as it seemed like every blogger on YouTube was raving about them but I was a bit reluctant to buy them as I was unsure of the quality. Still it seemed like everyone was praising the buffing brush and let's face it the pixiwoo sisters always seemed to have immaculate skin when they used it! Unfortunately the buffing brush only comes in the core collection which is a bit annoying but if you consider that most high end brushes cost around the 20 mark and you get four for that price it's definitely great value for money.

I use the buffing brush to really buff in my liquid foundation and I cannot describe the finish, it really does just look like second skin. It leaves you with a moderate coverage and prevents any cakey look.

The contour brush is also nice, it's small enough to really get into the hollows of my cheeks which I like although I prefer using this brush as a blush brush and the blush brush for contouring! I use the foundation and detailer brush for concealer and they both work well although the star of this collection has to be the buffing brush, I would definitely recommend this set just for that brush.

These brushes are also incredibly soft. They're synthetic which is great because it means you can use them with cream products as well as being cruelty free! Additionally they dry really quickly, I can wash them and leave them to dry overnight - brilliant!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The brushes are super super soft taklon fibres. Dries very fast & I had no shedding of the fibres on my first wash. I don't like the stand/case that comes with it though, it's great as a stand, but too stiff as a carrier. The handles are light, and I presume it's made from aluminium.

My favourite is the contour brush, perfect size, fibre density & shape. It is so easy to blend with & it picks up just the right amount of product.
The buffing brush works well with everything, I love it with my mineral powder foundation, it's has the perfect amount of fibres to give stiffness to it without tugging the skin when you are using the brush to buff.
Foundation brush is very small compared to all my other paddle brushes, I've tried it with concealers, which works well, but I like it best has contouring brush for my nose.
I don't have much use for the lip brush though.
The price is very reasonable. I purchased this on Amazon for $17.99 since is marked up to $44 in Australia.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great pack for face make up, although the foundation brush is a bit too small for foundation (I use the RT stippling brush instead), so I use this for concealer instead, and it works a treat. The pack comes in a travel case which doubles as a stand, so it's very handy if you don't have a storage system for brushes, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by LauraMichelle1515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

These brushes are amazing, i would say better than any high end brushes. I brought mine from boots for 21.99 which if you think about it, isnt bad for a sat of 4 brushes! As most people have said before, the buffer brush is great for foundation, it really gives you an even coverage without making you look cakey. I actually like the small precision brush for concealer but i dont think i'll ever use the foundation brush seeing as the buffer brush works so well. Would deffo buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like these brushes a lot. the buffer brush and contour brush are perfect! i don't really like the pointed foundation brush...i don't find much of a purpose for it, i sometimes use it for concealer. The 4th brush is a very tiny detail brush which is almost never find any use for. But I still think this package is worth it just for those two brushes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by solai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This set is really good value for quality. Usually brush sets miss something you need, can be quite expensive and buying individual brushes to make a set is even more expensive but this one is really, really well thought out. The set is rather inexpensive compared to other similar ones and I think this is a definite marketing strength. If it was more expensive, I think people would just buy from a more expensive brand. First I thought that the brushes look a little small but I afterwards realised that the size is really good for detailed application and applying products evenly also to more difficult places (e.g. concealer in the inner corner of the eye). Also, the brushes are very soft and easy to clean.

Another major plus is the case. It's sturdy so it protects the brushes AND it has space for other brushes. Even though the set doesn't have a powder brush, you can easily add one of your own. The case fastens with velcro and the ends are open so even if you add more brushes to it, you can still close it without damaging your brushes. The case is good for travelling as it's sturdy, streamlined and fits into a small space but you'd have to put it into a bag as the ends are open. The only kind of useless thing about the case is the "display" function, which I kind of don't get as the bands holding the brushes are kind of tight (as they should) and the ends of the brushes have a matte, slightly rubbery coating so you can't really slip them out of the case easily. On the other hand, you can hang the case from the string or carry it should you have a need for that. If I ever recommend a brush set, this is the one, and I plan to get the eye make up set as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

This is a good brush set.

I don't really use the Detailer Brush or the Pointed Foundation Brush, but the other two brushes are totally worth getting the whole set for.
The Contour Brush is really good for contouring (surprise, surprise), but I use it mostly to apply cream blush, cream and powder highlighter. It's small enough for a really precise application. It belnds powders and creams very nicely.
But my real love in this set is the Buffing Brush - it is simply amazing and can be used for so many things. I use it mostly to apply liquid, powder and cream foundations. It blends everything beautifully and makes the application easy and effortless. It can also be used to apply blusher or bronzer, or even setting powder.
All of the brushes are made of super soft sythetic bristles. The bigger one stand up and they all come in black case which is great for travelling.
I would definitely repurchase this set - the Buffing Brush alone is totally worth it. I do so wish it was sold separately though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great brushes! I've been a fan of the sisters' YouTube videos for years and at first, didn't like the look of these brushes. Especially, since they look cheap compared to the MAC and Louise Young brushes Sam always used in her tutorials. Anyway, after my son cut the top off my Nars powder brush I was distraught and found these brushes at my local Ulta. I bought them and they work great! Soft and beautiful and they apply powders like a dream! I use the two larger ones for my finishing powder and bronzer. The narrow foundation brush I use mostly for liquid foundations, cream blush and highlighters. The small one I use for concealers mostly. And I love the travel case. Just used it on a trip to San Francisco and it was great for transporting the brushes and standing them up on the vanity of my hotel room! Great quality and I plan to buy more Real Techniques brushes.