Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection

4.5

on 1/19/2013 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've had this set for 3 weeks only and these have replaced most of my brushes that I was using. GREAT price! The buffing brush I use mostly for powder to set my foundation. I use it for liquid foundation as well. Works great for a more sheerer application of liquid foundation. The detailer brush I don't use though. The contour brush is great for getting into the hollows of my cheeks followed with the buffing brush to blend it out. The pointed foundation brush I don't use for foundation though I do use it almost every day. I use it for applying eyeshadow all over my lid. I was using Mac 275 but I find it to scratchy. This brush is sooo soft. They all are! I love the case. Since I use liquid foundation the brush gets washed daily. I use the case as a stand and store washed brushes upside down. The case is perfect for drying brushes. Picked up this trick from a youtuber. Highly recommend these brushes!

on 1/13/2013 8:09:00 PM

Simply gorgeous, soft, wonderful brushes.

Carry case is a tad cheapy but I love the brushes.

on 1/9/2013 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Really love this set, it is literally perfect if you are just starting out with make up tools and you aren't too sure what you are doing. My favourite brush in the set is the buffing brush, because I find that when applying a liquid foundation with the concealer brush I had a few little brush marks on my face that I couldn't shift, but with the buffing brush it smoothed everything out leaving my make up looking very flawless. I am very much in love with it! I also like the concealer brush as its quite small and its easy to blend concealer in with. The contouring brush works well with my bronzers and highlighters and makes for very effortless application. Very pleased with these, well worth a look for anyone who hasn't tried them yet!

on 1/8/2013 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this set. They work great!
I use the concealer brush as a lip brush.
I use the buffing brush with powder foundation. Works amazingly.
I don't really use the contouring brush often, because I bought another one from RT, and I don't need it. But it's good for between washes or when I am using a LOT of face products like illuminator, blush plus bronzer and setting powder.
The pointed foundation brush works great for concealer under the eyes, I bought another foundation brush from RT that I use more often.

on 1/5/2013 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love these brushes! I love doing makeup properly, on myself and on other people, so I wanted decent brushes. They are really comfortable to use, the buffing brush is great for applying foundation, and the blusher brush is brilliant!

on 1/4/2013 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is a lovely collection of brushes that are very handy for your everyday makeup. They help you achieve a perfect face makeup and are very easy to use. They also feel very luxurious and the handles are very sturdy and elegant ;)

I like the fact that they come in a practical case so you can keep them better protected. They are very easy to clean and they look like new even after washing them countless times! I got this online so it was cheaper than in my local makeup store.

on 11/3/2012 11:23:00 AM

I love these brushes and have been waiting a very long time to get them as we don't have them here in Canada yet. My sis-in-law went to San Diego and got these for me and I'm forever grateful. The buffing brush alone is worth double the price of the entire collection. I've been using it to apply my MAC Face & Body and its amazing. It buffs the foundation so well in your skin its as if you're using your hands. I'm really clumsy with applying makeup and prefer to use brushes over my hands if I can help it. I use the precision foundation brush for concealer and the contour brush for applying powder blush. I haven't really found any use for the detailer brush but have read that it works well as a lip brush and will try that out soon. I'll definitely be asking my sis-in-law to get me another set when she goes back to San Diego so I can have another of the buffing brush. Really awesome quality brushes for dirt cheap. Samantha Chapman is a goddess.

on 11/1/2012 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in a swap and brand new from a lovely lady here in MUA. (*wave* you know who you are! :D)

I really love this set. The bristles are oh-so-soft. It picks up product amazingly and does not absorb too much products as other brushes tend to do. They also dry super-fast after washing. They don't bleed or shed, either. Wow.

Buffing brush: it really buffs my Lucy Minerals foundation perfectly into my skin, there is no trace left of patchy or obvious looking foundation on my skin. Although the head is smaller, I don't find it takes longer to apply foundation, and the size is perfect for blush application, too, and contouring in a pinch.

Contour brush: love this!! it fits perfectly to my cheek hollows, just right for the side of nose. it blends the contouring products beautifully, too. plus, it can also be used to highlight and it perfectly applies cream blushes. score!

Pointed Foundation brush: i don't really use liquid foundation/base, plus i thought at first the size is too small. however, i find this perfect to apply and blend concealers and fits perfectly under the eyes. even when i use Lucy Minerals dry as concealer. and trust me, Lucy is a tricky one to please. ;) you usually need to buff it into the skin real good, but with this brush, there was not even a sign of streak or patchiness. serious magic.

Detailer brush: i find it works nicely to smooth out liquid under eye concealer and, to my surprise, spot concealing with Lucy Minerals foundation. there's no brush streaks and the concealed spot doesn't look unnatural at all. i've also tried applying colors to lower lashline using this brush and it's pretty great.

Panoramic case: this is sheer genius and perfect for traveling. i can fit all my brushes (except for the obese EcoTools Bronzer Brush and TBS Mineral Powder Brush) into this. well, i really don't have that many brush since i only keep what i use. i think with the 4 brushes from the original set, i added MAC 187SE and 4-5 eye brushes. For traveling, i removed the other brushes and put in my brow pencil, eyeliners, eyebrushes, illuminator and foundation (i put them in small pump tubes) and cream stick blush. only need a tiny pouch for powders and my Unii. it fits EVERYTHING. cannot be happier.

Definitely repurchase if they start to fall apart. But I really hope they never will!

on 10/19/2012 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I've been using these brushes for almost a year now and I can't speak more highly of them! They are great value for money but also superb quality. I prefer using the pointed foundation brush for my concealer rather than foundation as sometimes it can appear 'streaky' but other than that, no complaints. The detailer brush is perfect for correcting the areas around your eyes and around your nose. The contour brush works extremely well in applying foundation too, so it's great that you can mix and match to whatever suits your requirements. Definitely a worthwhile investment!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have every brush in this collection, but the Core Collection was my first set. I can't say enough about them! Excellent price, great quality, and they work like a dream. They are easy to clean and feel quite sturdy yet light weight. I just LOVE these brushes, all of them! The buffing brush is probably my favorite out of them all, it just makes application so quick and easy. Without a doubt I will always have these brushes in my collection. I still marvel every time I use them at the quality for price. It's like Sam Chapman gave us all a gift..affordable awesomeness. I'm not made of money and when I do have some extra I like to spend it on my makeup and skin care, it doesnt leave a lot left over for brushes, but ofc as we all know, we need good brushes for the best application..these brushes really do meet all points on my checklist, and for the price I almost feel guilty, like I've stole them, lol. Really the only issues I could see anyone having with these is they are synthetic. Persoanlly I prefer synthetic, easier to clean, dont shed as much and dont soak up as much product, but to each his (or her) own. ;) I havn't had even one of these brushes shed on me..not once. They are super soft, and really perfect in every way. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these brushes, I'm furious with myself for waiting so long to buy them. If you dont mind them being synthetic, I say, run out and get them all as fast as you can, you won't regret it! 100% pure awesomeness all the way!!

Popular Makeup Brushes