Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

4.4

on 2/1/2013 4:26:00 PM

This brush is excellent for applying tinted moisturizer (for foundation, I prefer the Expert Face brush). I stipple it on, buff, then re-stipple dark spots. It takes very little time, and the result is flawless coverage. I tested this brush on one side of my face and used the MAC 187 on the other, and it wasn't even close--the RT brush was so much easier to use and more effective. I paid only $1 for this brush at Ulta (sale plus coupon plus points), but it would be a great value even at its full price. Not only would I buy again, I already did.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For someone on a budget these brushes are affordable and well worth it.
I go to ulta where they are widely sold and shop with a coupon to take a few dollars off to save some mollah.
This stippling brush was very pleasing, when I first bought it I had doubts but when I used it I was very impressed with how it worked to make my foundation glide on easy.

on 1/29/2013 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best stippling brush I own, hands down!

The bristles aren't too soft, but doesn't hurt my face. The white bristles also aren't too sparse, so I get good coverage with foundation. The best part is how short the bristles are--it makes so that the brush doesn't have too much give, so buffing is easy and flawless. Also doesn't soak up too much product.

Overall, one of my favourite brushes from this brand.

on 1/28/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This brush is a make up god-send! Used many different types of foundation brushes but this was my first stipple brush and nothing sets my foundation in place as well as this.
It doesn't go on streaky like the conventional foundation brushes and really helps in giving you that airbrushed/flawless look.
Bottom line: LOVE! MUST HAVE BRUSH. Can't wait to try their other brushes

on 1/20/2013 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

compared to other stippling brushes, like the mac 187 or elf studio flat top powder brush, this is very small! it's duo fibered with very soft hairs that NEVER shed. i use this to apply estee lauder double wear foundation. the brush itself is pink and the bottom is flat which is easier to store. i feel like because the brush is so small, it makes my foundation routine take longer, and prefer something bigger. but all in all, its a good soft brush and my first RT brush. it was under $10 at ulta, i can't remember the exact price, so for such a good quality brush the price is great!

on 1/18/2013 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Been following pixiwoo for a while and have been looking to build up my brush collection. I freaking adore Sam.

I just got a new Dr Jart BB cream and realised that my current brush wasn't cutting it. I grabbed this bad boy in priceline for $22 (why must australia be so expensive fml).

I understand this brush is for 'stippling' but I have seen it used in the tutorials as being swept over the face which is how I mostly use it. I thought it would be perfect for my BB cream!

>> Design-- the brush is a lovely pink color, and has perfect weighting - it doesn't feel cheap. The bristles are super freaking soft.. I thought they were soft when I touched them by hand, but when used on my face I was shocked by how lovely it felt!!

>> Application - So perfect! it literally blends the cream in perfectly - does not look streaky or anything. and you just Stipple to get more coverage, which I did for my undereye circles. It truly made my BB cream look pixel perfect and my face glowing. I also tried it by stippling a Nars illuminator for highlight - it works perfectly for this.

BUY THIS BRUSH if you use tinted moisturiser / BB creams as a base - it made my face f***ing flawless (: I will never use another brush for my face base ever again!
Looking to buy the whole range now - go sam!!!

on 1/16/2013 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Eh this was nothing great I felt that it just smeared my foundtaion around on my face. The expert face brush is way better. This I now use for buffing out very pigmented blushes and my contour. Otherwise I dont use it.

on 1/16/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love her brushes!!! I've worked for MAC 8 years and have tried several brands. Love the fact the it's lightweight and most importantly duo fibered! Awesome versatility! Beautiful with liquids creams and powders.

on 1/10/2013 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I do like this stippling brush quite a lot, it is one of the best I have used so far. It doesn't scratch the face like I find some brushes can, it is really soft and easy to use. I like to use it after I have applied my foundation using the the RT foundation brush just to buff out any imperfections and it leaves a really nice smooth looking foundation base afterwards. Sounds cheesy, but it does look as though you have been airbrushed! I don't think I like this brush quite as much as the buffing brush, because I think that is just slightly better as making the make up look completely flawless, but this one is not a bad one at all. I also like using it to apply foundation sometimes instead of the foundation brush, as I find you get less of the annoying brush marks that you have to spend forever having to smooth out. Makes for really quick easy application. Would most definitely recommend and buy again as I am completely in love with RT brushes.

on 1/8/2013 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love this stippling brush! It leaves my foundation with a total airbrushed finish. Easy to clean, a bit of a learning curve but easy to figure out with a couple tutorials. I also use this for my cream blush occasionally.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products