April 24, 2014 | 1386 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by LuckyCoffee

I love this brush!! I use it to apply my moisturizer and bb cream, at first it went on streaky but after several washes, it's working beautifully. You also can't beat the price and the quality comparable to high end brushes. It's super soft and no bristle loss. Go and buy one now!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love love love this.
Won't be applying make-up with any other brush.
Amazing finish, good quality bristles with no shedding, keeps make-up in place all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own the MAC 187 as well as the Coastal Scents and Sigma versions as well. This is not like those brushes at all. First of all it is much smaller which I find is much easier to use when applying base makeup. This brush allowed me to be more precise. Also the bristles are shorter and more dense than the 187.
While it is a nice brush, I really like the Sephora Airbrush #55 much more. I feel it gives me a nicer finish with foundation/BB Creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ADORE this brush! I needed a brush to apply my tinted moisturizer and liquid foundations. I looked into buying the Mac #130 brush but it was too expensive. Then one day I watched a youtube video about this brush being a dupe for the mac 130. This does the same thing as the mac brush ; same densely packed fibers and size. If you can't afford that brush this is your BEST option. I bought this at Ulta for $9.99 plus tax. This brush applied my Neutrogena Healthy Skin tinted moisturizer flawlessly. I stipple it all over my face then buff it into my skin and it looks amazing. I haven't washed it yet and I'm still waiting to see if it'll shed, which I doubt it will. SO excited to have this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush.

I use it to apply tinted moisturiser (Laura Mercier Oil Free), as I'm not a foundation wearer. First I buffed it into my skin and then I stippled in on any areas that warranted a little more coverage. The finish was wonderful. Much better than when blended with fingers and a million times better than application by the traditional flat syle of foundation brushes which streak like mad, ime.

It allowed a slightly heavier coverage of TM without caking or losing that 'skin' look, which is essential as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to look like I'm wearing a tonne of base and it was so easy and user-friendly to use.

The brush is soft on my skin but still firm enough to give the resistance needed for buffing.

It washes well and dries quite quickly (thanks to the synthetic bristles). I've had no shedding or colour bleeding with this brush.

The price in the UK is 11.99 (approx $18.50 USD!) so more expensive than our US sisters pay for it (which is a bit irritating given that Sam is a UK MUA, I'd have expected it to be cheaper over here), but the price is still great considering the results and what you pay for an equivalent quality MAC or NARS brush.

This brush comes without a case but has a fluted base so it can stand if you want it to. This can make it awkward to fit into brush pots/caddies etc, so I can see why that could mark it down for some. I have put mine into a brush roll which is fine as the elastic loop can stretch over the fatter bottom, so it doesn't affect me.

The metal handle is quite light, it doesn't bother me but I can see how some would prefer a weightier feel.

Overall, I personally can't fault this brush for the value for money, the quality and the finish. It is excellent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A beautiful brush that gives a beautiful finish, much like the MAC 130/187/188 brushes for a fraction of the price. I got it at iherb.com also for $10, also first time users get an additonal $5 off if you have a coupon code - use this code "GAC548"

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I got this brush to create the "air brushed" effect. Compared to the regular foundation brush from Chanel I do like that the brush makes my foundation blend more and doesn't look like too much. I like this brush and I like the price. I place my liquid foundation around my face with my fingers and then blend it because of course like any other brush it can absorb the product and you end up wasting more. I have been tempted to but the Chanel one but I have a hard time deciding to spend $50+ when this one works pretty well IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by traxfever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this brush at all. I bought it to use for foundation. It might be okay for people who swirl with the brush but I stipple all the way through if I am using a stippling brush. This brush hurts my face so much that i can't stipple. My skin is not sensitive at all, and I use other scratchy brushes just fine. I would only recommend this brush to people who plan to use it for cream blush. For powder blush it will kick off too much excess powder.

The second issue is the handle. The handle is so big. I know it's supposed to stand on its own, and I have to have it that way bc it wouldn't fit in my brush holders. It knocks over countless times everyday. It's an inconvenience. Also light metal doesn't feel right in my hands. Its weight balance is weird and I like a couple of other RT brushes enough to let go of my issues with the handle but not for this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by completelynumby

Best brush to use for liquid foundation!

No streaks, stipples foundation evenly and easily!

FIVE STARS.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by mlynde82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, let me preface this review by saying, I LOVE these brushes!! They are cruelty-free and of fantastic quality. The bristles are phenomenally soft and really hold pigment for application. They are great. I have many different brushes from a variety of price points (MAC, EcoTools, Sonia Kashuk, etc) and these are truly my favorite. I just really don't think you can go wrong with most of them.

I have bought SO many different brushes in hopes of being able to apply my foundation (Tarte 12-hour Amazonian Clay foundation) without using my fingers, and I have always been disappointed. No matter what price point, the brushes I've tried have always left streaks that I needed to blend with my fingers.

Not so with this brush! I used this to apply my foundation yesterday (after watching a tutorial on the RT website) and it worked BEAUTIFULLY. I was so excited! It's somewhat smaller and stouter than other stippling brushes I've had in the past, but it worked great for applying foundation evenly and smoothly. I really couldn't be more impressed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No