July 28, 2014 | 2089 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by nxdfashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Everyone should own this brush! It really gives my rough, broken out skin an airbrushed look. It even stands up on it's own, so it's easy to grab while working on your beautiful mug :) Right at $10, it's a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by lhuynh10

This is my universal brush. I use it for foundation, liquid and otherwise, moisturizers and cream products. The brittles don't harden after many washes and it's kind of the perfect size for travel. This is the first stippling brush I've used that actually stipples the product, not pack it on your face. For what the brush does and how well it stays together, the price equals out to dirt cheap.

For the everyday, natural, light finish makeup look, this is what you need.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Hippylady

I have spent the last couple of months buying a whole range of new foundations all not quite looking very good. It dawned on me that it might be my brush as my make up just started to look messy ,patchy and generally rubbish. I picked up the stippling brush having seen Sam on pixiewoo. OMG! this brush is awesome! All that make up actually looks great now. I have never been a fan of brushes etc and I really think I have missed a trick for all these years, it gives a really good finish like your make up is your actual skin. I will definitely keep adding to my collection. Do clean regularly though!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this brush! I have been looking for a stippling brush to apply liquid foundation with for a long time, but every brush I tried was too flimsy and had a heap of fall out. This brush is very dense and doesn't lose any of the fibers, and it's perfect for applying my foundation. It buffs it into the skin really well, and gives a nice natural looking finish. I own 3 of these brushes now, because I love them so much! Pricey here in Australia, but if you look online you can get a much better deal. Definitely a must have.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you like MAC 130 then you will like this, maybe even more, and it's about the same size but a -little- less dense. Good stippling brush for the price, but there are better alternatives if you have the money. Keep in mind though that I don't like MAC 130 any more than this.

The bristles are a little scratchy and the brush is, in my opinion, too dense to apply foundation, as it makes my foundation streak if I'm not careful. For cream blush/highlighter it works better on me but for this I prefer my fingers or my MAC 168. Also, I find it kind of rubs off and rubs around the foundation because of it being densely packed.

This works best for the purpose of applying cream products, but also for sheer application of powder blush and highlighter.

The pros are, for me, basically that it doesn't shed, is cruelty free, doesn't cost much. The cons are that it doesn't do the job as good as my MAC 187.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by intrigueme

Love this brush! If you use it correctly you can get a perfect airbrushed finish. I watched some youtube videos to learn how to use it properly. I got it for $9.99 at Amazon. Can't beat that price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Why didn't I know about this brush before I bought the MAC 187?! This is truly a great find. After hearing some youtubers mention how wonderful this brush was and at such a cheap cost, I decided I'd head to Ulta and check it out for myself. There were a bunch of brushes available, but I stuck with this one for now because I needed something that would do multiple things (apply blush, highlighter, foundation, etc). Plus, I was really getting sick of the 187, which, although did the job, was too big and too loosely packed for me. Enter the Real Techniques stippling brush. I used this brush to apply my Smashbox Studio Skin foundation and my Tarte Amazonian Clay blush. First, I dipped the brush into my sample jar of foundation and then proceeded to dot & stipple on to my face. Now, I'm not sure if it's because the foundation is on the thicker side or if it's because the bristles are so densely packed, but it took a little work to blend my foundation in. So I simply dragged it across my face and worked the streaks out with a stippling/buffing motion. This is why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 -- you really need to work the foundation in to get that flawless, airbrushed look. But this could be because of the formulation; it's too early to tell. However, the finished look on my face was absolutely gorgeous: so smooth and flawless, as if I wasn't wearing anything at all. Plus, the blush went on so precisely and with a similar soft, airbrushed finish. I love how it fits so perfectly on my cheekbones -- there's nothing I hate more than blush that goes "outside the lines" so to speak because of a big brush. I'm sincerely impressed with the quality of this brush and plan to pick up more. Why invest in MAC if this brush can do the same thing, if not better? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by shawty2321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

airbrush flawless finish is what you get using this brush, prior to getting this frm Priceline for $19, I had a regular stippling brush which doesn't get the job done like this one. The regular stippling brush was to big hence I had no control & precision as to where I apply my liquid foundation. The real techniques one has the perfect size for my face. It's so soft & doesn't shed. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really can't say anything that hasn't already been said. So far, this brush has been a v good buy.

Pros:
Smaller head than the 187 allows for better control of coverage
Smaller head creates opportunities to use it w blush, highlighter and concealer - so this brush has many uses
Creates a beautiful finish w my TM
Cleans up beautifully and easily - dries quickly
Price is low

Cons:
Because head is denser than typical stippling brushes, it may make heavier-coverage foundation more difficult to smoothly apply - haven't tried it yet
Hard to find in stores in the midwest - sold out everywhere!

I have only had this brush for a few weeks - if my experience changes, I will update

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

Better than the MAC 130, 188, 187 brushes! i use it to apply foundation and blend in liquid highlighters, just beautiful finish

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No