December 20, 2014 | 1114 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Love it, this brush certainly puts the Mac #130 to shame, I have since put it in the retirement bin.
For the price (under $10), I have since order 2 more for back up.
The only complaint, as many others, is the big fat chunky end that 's like a super fatty getting on a plane.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Madwilso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I want to preface this review with a disclaimer that my opinion is not a reflection upon the brush itself, but the stippling technique.

I think the Real Technique brushes are amazing value and quality. When I was in an Ulta, I swooped up many of them, including this one.

The first time I used this brush with a liquid foundation, I applied it with more of a circular motion and wound up with streaky foundation. Not cool. Later on I thought about stippling in regards to painting or with a pen and had a DUH! moment. It's supposed to be used by gentle dabbing the white part of the bristles against the skin until the product is evenly distributed. There's no buffing, sweeping, or rubbing involved. This generally gives a lot more opaque coverage than I want and requires a lot more time than I want to spend.

It's moment to shine came when I had an baaaaaad breakout and my forehead was looking UGLYYYYYYYYYY. I had bumps and red marks all over. I used this brush to dab an even layer of Revlon ColorStay all over, so far so good. I waited a couple of minutes until it was dry, and would do another layer over spots that needed more coverage. It did a great job of layering without smudging or disrupting the previous layer. Thank god, that episode was short lived, but I am really thankful for this brush now!

I don't use it very often, but I am happy knowing that I have it for anything like that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Two words: just fantastic! I had my misgivings about this product as I generally don't get along with traditional foundation brushes, but this one blew me away. Flawless coverage, so easy to use and for the first time I was able to use cream blush without it rubbing away the foundation beneath it. I'm going to have to invest in another one just for blush! Brilliant, don't know how I managed before - and I've only used it once!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ashhassim

Great brush! Not available in South Africa. was going to order it from the UK but with shipping was working out to R250. Found a seller on Ebay from Poland and nabbed it for R150.
LOOOOOVE it. was going to buy the mac stippling brush but glad i didnt as this does what i was looking for.
its cute and easy to work with. i apply a layer of foundation with my fingers tapping it on then go in with a second layer using the brush to stipple and buff it all in. looks great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the real technique brushes because they're affordable, synthetic and great quality for the price you pay. This is my first stippling brush and 4th brush from this line. I love using this for apply my blush. Def makes it look more natural and helps blend product into the skin. Def would repurchase! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jrbee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this stippling brush because I wasn't sure how I would like that technique and didn't want to shell out $40 for a high end brush. For $10, this brush gets the job done. I would assume that the higher end brushes have more bristles which would give a finer finish, but this is perfectly adequate and a fraction of the price. Plus, it's pink, and I love pink.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by munecabrava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

if you're considering buying this brush based on all the hype you're reading then RECONSIDER. I suggest you buy the Real Technique buffing brush cause I rate this baby a 5/5!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday that I use my MUFE HD foundation. Certainly helps cover up those pesky acne scars! It's perfect and gets the job done! Definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Les281

What more can i add that hasnt already been said? i like stippling my thicker foundations on w/ this.it blends in w/ease. i like how its a stippling brush but fuller than your typical "stippler".

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by MaryMartin

I absolutely love this brush. I had wanted to buy a good stippling brush for a long time but couldn't quite get around to getting the MAC 187. One day at Ulta I spotted this gem for about $7 and couldn't resist. I use this for applying my foundation and even powder sometimes. I had been using a Soni Kashuk brush but it just didn't quite cut it - this brush, however, is fantastic. It applies my foundation evenly and never leaves stripes behind. Most importantly, my foundation ever feels heavy after using this brush, like it would with any other brush. Absolutely buy this brush, it is now a necessity for me! :)