MAC Candy Yum-Yum

4.5

Candy, rainbows and Unicorns

on 4/9/2011 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i didnt think this would work on someone 30 years young but I am pleasantly surprised. I swipe some on my lips and use my fingers to spread it out. i dont think i am tough enough to wear it full blast lol...recommend!

on 4/9/2011 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very daring lipstick! It is super bright (almost glowing) in the tube. However, if you want to wear this lipstick in an everyday look, then just pat the lipstick gently onto your lips for a flush of hot pink color. I really like applying it this way because it actually looks natural! Who would have thought that! Therefore, I think this lipstick is a great deal because you are really getting 2 lipsticks for the price of 1!

on 4/9/2011 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is totally a review i never thought i would be writing about this lipstick.

Ok so I had no intention of buying this totally not me first thing i dont like (Matte and Hot pink).
..... But I read all the reviews and how Mac has never came out with something like this before. So I went to my first Mac counter got playtime knew I wanted that and that counter had no Yum Yum they never got it in. So went to the next one man Mac knows now to play the game and get you wanting it more.
Anyway the next counter was sold out on playtime and had Candy Yum Yum. I tried it on total neon pink I thought about it and said what the hell and got it. After that I went home and put some lip balm on and then the lipstick wow its great now love it. Total softens it still bright as hell but not as intense.
Anyway with the lip balm on it total re-minds me of a lipstick Mac came with called Too Fab Intense mid-tone yellow pink (lustre) from dress camp. Also very hard to get but I swapped for one on MUA.
With out the Balm i dont think i would use it but with the balm on first totally can see myself with it on. i will put up some photos when i get the chance to show it with the balm and next to the too fab.

on 4/9/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

GO BUY IT! I almost walked away because I had Pink Nouveau in my collection. Not even close. This a bright, neon, TOXIC pink color and it leaves a beautiful stain after. Perfect for summer. I think on clients this year, I'll use this with clear gloss and a black liquid/fluidline liner on the eyes. It's hot and from reading previous reviews, it will go fast. Go check it out. Pick up St. Germain if you can. It was sold out when I went. Good luck, ladies!

on 4/8/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this today I was going to leave without,trying it on im so glad I did with my dark eyes and hair and olive skin. If in doubt try on at counter then walk away . It is definately a statement lip color perfect hint of neon great for spring and summer! My eye make up was simple. I had mascara and black liquid liner on upper lashes and it looked fabulous not clownish or cartoonish.

on 4/8/2011 6:06:00 PM

I frigging love this colour!!! I am an NC15 so very fair like MAC foundation isn't really even light enough for me in the winter time, and this colour looks amazing on me. But I am sure it will look great on every skin colour. It is a neon pink like never before way bright then pink nouveau or lady gaga or st. gemain!!! You need to get this before its gone run to your MAC counters!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

At first, I was weary buying this lipstick because of the swatches online , since it looked different on every person. So, I was confused wtf? haha! Anyways, I went to the counter to try it out for myself. I'm a nc 25-30 btw. When you think of neon you think of bright and out there but this lipstick has the right amount of brightness and is not overly bright. It compliments my skin and is a truly unique shade of bright pink. Wow, who knew a lipstick can also bring out the colors of your eyes haha. Also, depending on your skin color/lips this lipstick can pull either a more fuchsia ( my bf is a nc 20) or pinker hue to your lips
Colors that are similar but not quite:
I would say if you own Mac Gladiola its a hot pink version of that
Mac hollywood nights is more fuchsia and less pinker and bright than Candy yum yum
Color description:
Mac describes this lipstick as a (Matte Neon Pink)
-Very opaque and only need to apply one layer
Texture:
-Matte but not drying like other satin finishes or mattes from MAC
- Is incredibly creamy.

on 4/8/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Run to your local MAC and pick up this color!! I'm normally into nudes and wanted to step outside of my comfort zone with a hot pink. Candy Yum Yum was perfect! The shade, the finish, and the overall texture. I loved it so much I had to go out and purchase a back up right away before it sold out. It's not like any other color in the permanent line.

on 4/8/2011 12:04:00 PM

I was put off this lipstick by the reviews and online swatches so i went to my local store to see it for myself.

Colour: I've seen this compared to Show Orchid and IMO it's nothing like that shade,
-Not like Show Orchid: Show Orchid is a bright violet based fuschia/magenta where as Yum Yum is pinker.
-Not like Girl about Town: GAT is also a violet based fuchsia but deeper than Show Orchid. Yum Yum is pinker- a bit Barbie-ish.
-Similar to Full Fuchsia: Yum Yum to me is in the same tonal family but a neon version of this shade.
-Similar to Utter Fun: again in the same pink family but less red and more matte.

On the lips this was a statement lipstick, it stood out on it's own. i could'nt say that it complimented my features as all you could see was the lipstick. I'm an NW10 and where as Full Fuchsia connects with the pink in my skin, the neon in this shade seemed to bring out the subtle yellow in my skin more (which is not my preference but still better than SO & GAT that make me look ashen)

Texture: Its matte but creamier than any other MACs I've tride- reminds me of Revlon Mattes. Feels quite thick on the lips which some people might not like. My prefered textues are Amplified cremes and mattes so i didn't mind this.

Usage: I'm not sure about it worn on it's own (the yellow- effect, and quite a 'young' shade) I bought this for mixing with other lipsticks to add a bit of 'punch'. I can see it working with pinks, purples and oranges. I can see it being a useful addition to a kit.

Overall, i think I'm glad I got this, especially since I know I'll probably want it once its gone - and it's selling FAST. I'd recomend getting it and if you really don't like it, I think its is going to be an in-demand swap items for a while to come- and it is fetching huge prices on the web.

on 4/8/2011 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am truly in love with this lipstick!! I went to MAC on a whim, I had forgotten the collection came out yesterday! I saw this lipstick and knew it had to be mine! I can't believe how smooth it applies for a matte. I wish all their mattes were this formula. the color is super bright, right up my alley. I am NW25 and obsessed with bright lips. the staying power is wonderful. I drink a lot of water during the day and it has stayed on. When it fades it is still a beautiful stained looking pink. This will be my lipstick for sure all summer long!

Popular Lipsticks