November 26, 2014 | 1823 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Candy Yum-Yum

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonSmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was put off this lipstick by the reviews and online swatches so i went to my local store to see it for myself.

Colour: I've seen this compared to Show Orchid and IMO it's nothing like that shade,
-Not like Show Orchid: Show Orchid is a bright violet based fuschia/magenta where as Yum Yum is pinker.
-Not like Girl about Town: GAT is also a violet based fuchsia but deeper than Show Orchid. Yum Yum is pinker- a bit Barbie-ish.
-Similar to Full Fuchsia: Yum Yum to me is in the same tonal family but a neon version of this shade.
-Similar to Utter Fun: again in the same pink family but less red and more matte.

On the lips this was a statement lipstick, it stood out on it's own. i could'nt say that it complimented my features as all you could see was the lipstick. I'm an NW10 and where as Full Fuchsia connects with the pink in my skin, the neon in this shade seemed to bring out the subtle yellow in my skin more (which is not my preference but still better than SO & GAT that make me look ashen)

Texture: Its matte but creamier than any other MACs I've tride- reminds me of Revlon Mattes. Feels quite thick on the lips which some people might not like. My prefered textues are Amplified cremes and mattes so i didn't mind this.

Usage: I'm not sure about it worn on it's own (the yellow- effect, and quite a 'young' shade) I bought this for mixing with other lipsticks to add a bit of 'punch'. I can see it working with pinks, purples and oranges. I can see it being a useful addition to a kit.

Overall, i think I'm glad I got this, especially since I know I'll probably want it once its gone - and it's selling FAST. I'd recomend getting it and if you really don't like it, I think its is going to be an in-demand swap items for a while to come- and it is fetching huge prices on the web.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by queenielove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am truly in love with this lipstick!! I went to MAC on a whim, I had forgotten the collection came out yesterday! I saw this lipstick and knew it had to be mine! I can't believe how smooth it applies for a matte. I wish all their mattes were this formula. the color is super bright, right up my alley. I am NW25 and obsessed with bright lips. the staying power is wonderful. I drink a lot of water during the day and it has stayed on. When it fades it is still a beautiful stained looking pink. This will be my lipstick for sure all summer long!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by pebbles1384

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the fence about buying this lip color, but after trying it on at the counter. I was instantly sold. I was already wearing neutral eyes, so that help make my decision as well. I would say to try it on first before buying it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick surprisingly looks really great with tanner - darker complexions! I never thought I could've pulled it off with my NC37/40 skintone. Women of color, do NOT hesitate to get your hands on this! It's not something I would call an everyday color, but it is definitely nice to wear once in a while. This really POPS, so if you're not used to experimenting with brighter colors, you might want to wear a toned down eye neutral look. While the formula is a lot creamier and less dry than most mattes, if you tend to have dry lips (like I do), you may need to exfoliate beforehand - otherwise your lips may look dry. For tanner to darker complexions, I have posted up my pics so you could have an idea on how it looks!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

OMG, MAC needs to make this permanent!!! Candy Yum Yum is an insane highlighter pink lippie that really is universally flattering. I thought CYY would be similar to Pink Nouveau (a lot less intense) or Girl About Town (a lot darker) but CYY is NOTHING LIKE ANYTHING I HAVE!!! It can applied lightly for a nice stain of color or you can go crazy and have super pink lips. I have to agree with the other ladies and stick with minimum makeup or at least flesh tones with some tweeks (i.e. modern pin up look). Since this is so bright it will show evey flaw so make sure that you exfoliate those lips and moisturize or use a lip primer before use! I already have a backup but I really feel like I need to get a backup for my backup, lol. Ladies, please don't be scared. You won't regret it!!!

Tip: Looks pretty on cheeks too!!!

*Update: I got a backup for my back up :-)

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW! This colour certainly packs a punch. Despite only owning it just about a week I've worn it to work, out to lunch, a night out with the girls and a first date and received some lovely compliments each time. As the reviewers below have said minimal makeup is the way forward with this intense matte, it makes enough of a statement and noone will be looking at how complex your eyeshadow may be. The colour is opaque, consistency is excellent and longevity is average for me at about 4-5 hours after which it fades to a lovely pink tint that sits well on my neutral skin. Without a doubt a 5 out of 5 and the first lipstick I'm even considering purchasing a back-up of though I fear that after Summer is over I may well be sick of wearing it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Librakitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree with everything the above just said about Candy Yum Yum. I couldn't wait to buy this lipstick. I'm not the biggest fan of super bright lipsticks, but this one is a must have. The color pops! You don't even need to wear much make-up with it. Just alone it's eye catching. It's a very creamy matte. I wish MAC would change their matte finishes to something like this. It's moisturizing as well (at least to my lips), not drying at all. A definite must have for lipstick addicts everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Holy crap. This is the creamiest matte ive encountered. And the color. Holy crap. Very fushia pink, very bold, and makes one hell of a statement. If you're going to wear this, wear light pink/nude blush and nuetral or very simple nude eye make up. This lipstick is just POP. It reminds me of tweens in the 80s who can't do makeup. But with the right other makeup applied, it can work. This had very heavy purple undertones, so if you have yellow undertones I'd try it before buying it. This is definitley NOT for the faint-hearted. It wears for 4-5 hours, and when it fades it leaves a nice pink tint left. Would totally buy again. Try it first at the counter though, it may be too much for some people!

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No