MAC Candy Yum-Yum

4.5

Candy, rainbows and Unicorns

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love this! At first, I wasn't going to even purchase this, but after I saw some swatches online, I had to have it. I have nothing else remotely close to this lipstick. I'm so glad I purchased this. It is just so unique. Definitely wear this when you want to get noticed. This would look perfect with a neutral eye. Perfect for a night out. This is such a fun color. It has sold out at a few places already. I highly recommend getting your hands on this while you still can. I've seen pictures of very fair, medium, and deep skin toned ladies rocking this, and they all look amazing. Check this out asap!

P.S. I would have liked for MAC to have CUTE packaging, instead of boring black, to match the QUITE CUTE theme. Although this is matte, it's not drying on the lips like some lipsticks. It actually feel quite comfortable on my lips, and they are on the dry side.

on 4/9/2011 10:28:00 PM

I saw this collection online since it was being advertised with the pinball game on facebook...anyways...this lipstick color is fantastic! I loved it when I saw it online and fell for it in person. My mom told me she didn't like it so I didn't buy it when we went to go see it in person...biggest mistake ever! I went back today and they sold out the same day they were brought in. I tried it on again and it reminds me of Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry. Since I'm obsessed with the color I found it on ebay...pretty upset that it cost me double but what can I say I NEED IT!

on 4/9/2011 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i didnt think this would work on someone 30 years young but I am pleasantly surprised. I swipe some on my lips and use my fingers to spread it out. i dont think i am tough enough to wear it full blast lol...recommend!

on 4/9/2011 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very daring lipstick! It is super bright (almost glowing) in the tube. However, if you want to wear this lipstick in an everyday look, then just pat the lipstick gently onto your lips for a flush of hot pink color. I really like applying it this way because it actually looks natural! Who would have thought that! Therefore, I think this lipstick is a great deal because you are really getting 2 lipsticks for the price of 1!

on 4/9/2011 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is totally a review i never thought i would be writing about this lipstick.

Ok so I had no intention of buying this totally not me first thing i dont like (Matte and Hot pink).
..... But I read all the reviews and how Mac has never came out with something like this before. So I went to my first Mac counter got playtime knew I wanted that and that counter had no Yum Yum they never got it in. So went to the next one man Mac knows now to play the game and get you wanting it more.
Anyway the next counter was sold out on playtime and had Candy Yum Yum. I tried it on total neon pink I thought about it and said what the hell and got it. After that I went home and put some lip balm on and then the lipstick wow its great now love it. Total softens it still bright as hell but not as intense.
Anyway with the lip balm on it total re-minds me of a lipstick Mac came with called Too Fab Intense mid-tone yellow pink (lustre) from dress camp. Also very hard to get but I swapped for one on MUA.
With out the Balm i dont think i would use it but with the balm on first totally can see myself with it on. i will put up some photos when i get the chance to show it with the balm and next to the too fab.

on 4/9/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

GO BUY IT! I almost walked away because I had Pink Nouveau in my collection. Not even close. This a bright, neon, TOXIC pink color and it leaves a beautiful stain after. Perfect for summer. I think on clients this year, I'll use this with clear gloss and a black liquid/fluidline liner on the eyes. It's hot and from reading previous reviews, it will go fast. Go check it out. Pick up St. Germain if you can. It was sold out when I went. Good luck, ladies!

on 4/8/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this today I was going to leave without,trying it on im so glad I did with my dark eyes and hair and olive skin. If in doubt try on at counter then walk away . It is definately a statement lip color perfect hint of neon great for spring and summer! My eye make up was simple. I had mascara and black liquid liner on upper lashes and it looked fabulous not clownish or cartoonish.

on 4/8/2011 6:06:00 PM

I frigging love this colour!!! I am an NC15 so very fair like MAC foundation isn't really even light enough for me in the winter time, and this colour looks amazing on me. But I am sure it will look great on every skin colour. It is a neon pink like never before way bright then pink nouveau or lady gaga or st. gemain!!! You need to get this before its gone run to your MAC counters!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

At first, I was weary buying this lipstick because of the swatches online , since it looked different on every person. So, I was confused wtf? haha! Anyways, I went to the counter to try it out for myself. I'm a nc 25-30 btw. When you think of neon you think of bright and out there but this lipstick has the right amount of brightness and is not overly bright. It compliments my skin and is a truly unique shade of bright pink. Wow, who knew a lipstick can also bring out the colors of your eyes haha. Also, depending on your skin color/lips this lipstick can pull either a more fuchsia ( my bf is a nc 20) or pinker hue to your lips
Colors that are similar but not quite:
I would say if you own Mac Gladiola its a hot pink version of that
Mac hollywood nights is more fuchsia and less pinker and bright than Candy yum yum
Color description:
Mac describes this lipstick as a (Matte Neon Pink)
-Very opaque and only need to apply one layer
Texture:
-Matte but not drying like other satin finishes or mattes from MAC
- Is incredibly creamy.

on 4/8/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Run to your local MAC and pick up this color!! I'm normally into nudes and wanted to step outside of my comfort zone with a hot pink. Candy Yum Yum was perfect! The shade, the finish, and the overall texture. I loved it so much I had to go out and purchase a back up right away before it sold out. It's not like any other color in the permanent line.

Popular Lipsticks