April 16, 2014 | 979 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - one by one, waterproof

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this mascara, it's waterproof and I had several compliments to say how my lashes looked longer and thicker and asking what mascara I used, which is a first. Normally I find I have to use two mascara's together in order to get the ideal look that I want, but this one does the job unaided and looks really good. It's not amazing like some other mascara's I've had like big fatty from Urban Decay, but its worth a look for a drugstore mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

So far I am satisfied with this mascara and that's a first for me with a waterproof. I've tried every d/s brand of waterproof and was only partially satisfied with CG Lash Blast and Maybelline's Full & Soft. I liked Full & Soft but it ended up smearing & getting clumpy.

Now, I buy waterproof for only one purpose. I buy it because I want something waterproof. I don't want it to smear, smudge, or come off. I really don't care about the lengthening or volumizing, I just want something that won't budge when my eyes run, which they do frequently because of allergies.

I have to say that this mascara meets those expectations. I am truly satisfied with the way it defines my lashes and does not budge. Generally, I only use wp mascara on my lower lashes because of my watery eyes. This holds up really well. The couple of times I've used it on my upper lashes, I've been satisfied as well. I loved the non-waterproof version but it flaked on me, this one doesn't. I really love the individual, defined lashes that this gives you. And a nice cheap price so double score! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by stikfigyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first volumizing mascara I've tried that doesn't clump. Smudging doesn't seem to be an issue. Does cause a bit of stinging if it gets in my eyes when I remove it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by ilovedeepthroat

this came off in the pool.... & its clumpy, impossible to remove

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I was excited to try this, because in general, I really like Maybelline mascaras.

But, my first few uses I was not so much impressed. It really does seperate and define lashes, but volumize? eh, not so much. I prefer thicker formulas that really bulk up the lashes. To call this volumizing is kinda misleading in my opinion.

That being said, one this I have learned about mascaras over the years is you really have to give them a fair shot because they change after they've been used a few times. So I kept using it, and after about 2 weeks I started to like it more. It still didn't thicken lashes as much as I like, but I really like the nice, clean look it gives. It really does an amazing job separating each lash.

The brush: I really like it. It has those popular rubber bristles, but it's not as humongous as say, CG Lash Blast. The thing I like the most about it is that it tapers down to really small at the end, unlike Lash Blast that just stops and has a flat edge. It means I can get into all the small areas like the inner corners and the lower lashes. I usually have issues with those big brushes on my small eyes and I often make a mess when applying. This one I have no problems with. I typically like to spend a long time on my mascara, layering it up and being very slow & careful about my application, but if I am in a hurry I can feel confident that I can do a quick swipe this this and will have no messes or disasters on my my hands. It that sense it a really reliable mascara.

Waterproof: I used to really avoid waterproof mascaras because they make my already whimpy lashes fall out and are hard to remove. This stuff really does lash and lash. It does not smudge at all. In fact, the other night I feel asleep before removing my makeup and was shocked that the mascara really didn't smudge mush at all.. impressive...

How I like to use it: As I said before, I like really thick formulas because I like that really big lash look, so I use 1 by 1 over another mascara that thickens better (like prestige my biggest lashes) and then put a coat of this over it. The brush seperates, and it gives a waterproof coating over it. The thing I love the most about this, however, is how it works on my bottom lashes! I used to swear off of botttom lash mascara, too, because I would have so many issues with it smearing, or being hard to apply. I was about to buy the Clinique bottom lash mascara, but I am more then satisfied with this and no longer feel the need. The little bristles on the ends of the wand catch the lower lashes without getting messy and it does not smear at all - even in 100+ hot windy weather we've been having this summer. And, the best part, it removes easily with make up remover at night and I have not lost any lashes in the 2 months or so I have been using this! I know people say they have trouble removing this. Maybe that's because I use an oil based make up remover.

Overall, this is a great mascara that is clump free, easy to apply, long wearing and smudge free and I really like it.. another favorite mascara from Maybelline! Love it.

Bewear!! Do not get the 'black lace' water proof one. I bought it as a replacement and it never dried and would smear and smudge like crazy!! But because its waterproof it was hard to clean up or even wash off. Its terrible

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by rainbowsugar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first mascara by Maybelline to ever disappoint me. The packaging is good, the wand is pulled out with just enough product so it doesn't clump on your lashes. If you want volume, however, this will test your patience. The pigment is great, just as with every other Maybelline mascara. It doesn't smudge when your face gets wet [I've been rained on with this mascara before.] The real downfall here is the ZERO CURL HOLD. And I mean it. I have tried the Maybelline Colossal and Chanel Inimitable and they both hold curls just as well. This One by One mascara is the only Maybelline mascara that I will never again repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by loveandkiwi

I've been using this mascara for 3 months now and it is time to dump it. I've tried to like this mascara but there's just something about it that makes me not care for it so much. First of all, the design of this mascara is smart, but a little overboard. This product claims to define and separate the lashes while giving volume. It definitely defines and lengthens but no so much volumize. I find the stopper is too powerful, when you get the wand out of the tube, the bristles don't have a lot of product on it. This helps to define the lashes and prevent any sort of clumping (which could be good for certain ppl who already have full lashes). But for someone who wants volume, I don't think this mascara will cut it. I find that I have to stick the wand back into the tube several times to get enough product to coat my lashes--which can cause bacteria to enter the tube and shorten the shelf life of the product. Therefore, I don't think this mascara is volumizing at all but it does do a decent job in defining and lengthening. But there are several mascaras out there that do the same job if not better!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by nicolemcnally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

im kind of 50/50 on this mascara, i needed a new one and i heard this was good, but im not sure it suits my lashes. nevertheless i still really like it as it defines lashes a lot and adds volume. love the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Panicgirl16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this masacara, it really seperates lashes and is virtually mistake proof, doesn't clump at all. If you want to add thickness and volume it does take a few coats, but like I said it really is mistake proof and is not messy or clumpy at all so it's a no brainer trade-off for me. I also like that it doesnt have a smell and has yet to irritate my eyes. Stands up to swimming and sweaty workouts very well. I had used Loreal mascaras for years and then went to MAC, gave this a try after seeing all the good reviews, i'm glad i tried it. Gonna try out some of Maybellines other mascaras, starting with The Falsies.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by katebeth

This mascara irritated my eyes so bad that I had to remove it mid-day, and my eyes still stung after I took it off. It didn't really didn't do anything special for my lashes either, Vaseline would've done more. A huge disappointment. I will gladly go back to Maybelline's The Falsies.