April 18, 2014 | 1437 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by surrealsugar

A good pressed powder compact is one of the most difficult things to find when you have dry, sensitive skin but I decided to give this one a try just for the heck of it. So far, I'm pretty impressed. The packaging itself is pretty standard for most MAC powders, the mirror is definitely helpful for quick, on the go touch ups. Since I'm usually an NC 37-40, I went with the medium plus. Relatively good match, with a slightly more pinkish tone than I'm used to (I also use Clinique Dermawhite powder foundation in 05 Neutral, available in Asian markets). The coverage is sheer enough to set foundation, I haven't had a chance to try it alone yet. I guess the best qualities this powder has to offer (so far) are the following: it doesn't settle into the fine lines under my eyes, it doesn't dry my skin out like other powders and it sets foundation very well. Only two days in, update after a week or so!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mizsassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really liking this powder! I have been using Mineralized Skinfinish Natural powder in medium plus before I bought this. The MSFN has more of a pinkish undertone to it and sometimes when i apply a little more product than usual the color can look quite unnatural. However the careblend medium plus runs a little lighter and isn't as pinkish as the MSFN. It provides for a smooth finish and can be layered on w/o looking cakey depending how much coverage you need. Another big plus for this powder is that it comes with a mirror unlike MSFN.This is going to be my new HG powder! I'm planning to use this as a finishing powder over my Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, or wear it alone over concealer. Will update here after using it for a while. Btw I'm NC35 -40 in studiofix powder.

UPDATE: It's now my HG powder, The careblend has a creamier texture thus making my skin looks like skin (compared to the MSFN which is totally matte and powdery). It also provides better coverage for me. I use this powder with the Prolong Wear concealer in NC30 and it is AMAZING! Looks natural 5 thumbs up!! If i have 5 thumbs..that is

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I've been wearing careblend now for about a week. I use it over my Studio Moisture Tint foundation and I find that I really do like the creamy finish over the powdery finishes of most setting powders. I'm NC 45 and was matched for Medium Deep. Careblend provides more color/ coverage than my MSF natural did. The product does seem to run lighter than my MSF natural; however, the Medium Deep shade still works out well for me. (FYI: I update all my reviews if my feelings change towards any products I review).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by fanatic

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this powder compact. Don't you hate it when you put on powder and you have that ghostlike powdery look? Well not with this pressed powder. It immediately sinks into your skin. It can be worn alone and gives great coverage if you don't have imperfections but want a polished look. It lasts all day and does not oxidize. I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic powder!!! It really does blend on silky smooth and not cakey... I actually have used it to set liquid foundation and it is truly long lasting. The finish is natural matte. I bought it in Medium Deep and I'm usually an NC35/40. I haven't tried to use it alone as a powder foundation and I really have no intention to because I like a fuller finish. Would buy again for sure!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by beamer410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to pick up this powder since I had just finished my beloved MSFN.
I find the coverage to be sheer to light when applied with a brush . I feel that MSFN has a bit more coverage when applied with a brush. Careblend is also a lot more matte. I have found it works best as a sheer finishing powder & is very long lasting. If i put my blush on top of this powder it lasts 12 + hrs. I was amazed. Usually my blush is gone by midday if I'm lucky.
The powder comes with a small puff that I haven't used yet, but I have applied with a wedge sponge & that makes the coverage a lot heavier. It also seemed to make it look more matte. not cakey but definitely more matte. I prefer to look a bit more luminous so I'd rather opt for using this as a finishing powder instead of a powder foundation.
The best part of this new product is the mirror. I'd really wish that the MSFN had this. it makes it a lot more convenient to just throw in your makeup bag. OK actually the best part is the price. The Careblend powder contains the exact same amount of product (10g) as MAC MSFN and it's cheaper. It is $4 cheaper to be exact.
I have only been using this powder 2 weeks but so far it's love. Will update if there are any changes.
BTW I'm an NC20 right now & purchased the Careblend powder in the color Light Plus. and yay these have a better color range (not as pink) as the MSFN.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by missmarlise

I am a huge fan of the mineralize skinfinishes and decided to try this after a SA told me about the new line that blends skincare and makeup into one powder. Since MAC makeup is infamous for making some people's skin breakout, I think this new line is a great concept (the SA also told me this powder is water-based which is great for my combination skin). After trying this for a few days, I am in love!! It does not oxidize and gives more coverage than the MSF. Still not enough to pass as a foundation, but it is great to set my concealer and bobbi brown liquid foundation. It conveniently comes with a powder puff and a mirror (unlike the MSF). I will definitely be repurchasing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Sweetienat123

I purchased this today after a makeup artist at MAC applied this over the Studio Tech foundation to set it. It looks beautiful on the skin and not cakey at all. She said that it would work well on just the skin alone too, but I have several things I need covered, and some sort of foundation is a must for me right now. I am NC25-30 and was matched to Medium in this product. This was applied using a makeup sponge, and it was recommended to use the enclosed sponge rather than a brush when setting a foundation like Studio Tech (creamy).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Medium. I apply this with the 187 and it looks flawless. This almost "melts" into the skin, leaving a sheen, not a shine to the skin. I use an spf45 moisturizer and this powder hasn't oxidized. Since I have dry/normal skin, I don't apply this under eyes,I just apply a touch of concealer. I didn't expect to be impressed. I don't worship all things MAC. This could be a 5, I need to wear longer and then re-evaluate.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by CaramelBae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just purchased this product today and so far I love it! I decided to try a new powder after using the mineralize skinfinish for a few months. I noticed the MSF oxidizes on me and has a strong pink undertone. I went in and was matched to Medium deep (Nc45 for reference) the same shade as my skinfinish.Also I noticed this line runs a tad lighter than the MSF's. It applied very well and left me with a matte finish but still very flawless. This powder is great for oily skin and after wearing it for an entire day It didnt oxidize at all. The price is a few dollars cheaper than the MSF's at $23, comes with a little powder puff and is apart of the permanent collection. I would definitely purchase this again and will update later once I try this for a full week. So far so good!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No