August 1, 2014 | 1336 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by CoCoCC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder when its cold outside and i don't have much oil issues or when my skin is dry. however my skin is starting to oil up a little and i've noticed more clogged pores possibly from the shea butter and various oils in this. this powder is a dream for dry skin, but not for my oily acne prone skin, but i would definitely use this in winter again. There is shimmer in this product, it leaves a slight sheen, but not glowy like the MSFN.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by fleurylane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I almost never wear foundation so a good powder is important to me. MAC's Studio Careblend is just about everything the perfect powder for me should be. It has the most silky smooth texture and is very very lightweight in application. It has the perfect amount of coverage-sheer, but leaves my skin looking smooth by lightening any redness/irritation and blurring my pores so they almost disappear.

The formula's great for my dryish skin because it's non-irritating, and non-drying, and (most importantly), not-cakey. It's totally a god-send for patchy wintery dry skin but I have a feeling it'll be great for the summer too. It looks good after even 12 hours and an airplane ride (which as every MUA knows--dehydrates skin terribly). I use the included puff for quick application or a kabuki if I want a bit more coverage. I love how great this is for putting in my purse--a definite advantage over MSFN. It's great for touching up my nose area throughout the day, which is the only part of my face that ever gets a bit shiny.

The price isn't bad at all at $23. Given how little of it I use--it'll probably last at least half a year. I'm an NC20 and got it in Light Plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by vassy0909

I love it! It has better coverage than the mineral skinfinish natural ans it's super finely milled. Great finishing powder , for work- I would simply put some concealer and the careblend on top and I get the perfect look. And it doesn't settle in my large pores and wrinkles. There's mirror for touch up if necessary. It has pretty good staying power on me / I have dry skin for reference/

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Mommy818

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the powder I have always wanted but never found. I had given up on powder for my dryish skin. I wear this alone and it does give light coverage. It fast and easy to swipe on and much easier that bare minerals. You can use the sponge that it comes with or a brush. When I use my brush there is almost no fallout!! This is soooo finely milled it's almost creamy. There are conditioning butters/oils/vitamins in here that are good for your skin. When you apply it and wait a minute it kind of melts into your skin, and you don't have that powdery look, you just look polished and evened out. You can reapply during the day and it never cakes up! Also the compact has a nice mirror inside and the little black sponge is cute too. It's very chic looking. For $23 this is a really quality product! Try it and you wont regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Cindy105

LOVE this product! I usually do not wear pressed powder at all since I think powder makes your skin look unnatural in harsh lighting, such as at the office. Sometimes I'll wear a bit of translucent loose powder to keep my t-zone from getting too oily. About two weeks ago I was browsing the MAC counter and a girl sat me down and put some of this on me. I was sold! I don't really know how to describe it. It makes your skin look "creamy" as opposed to "powdery". My t-zone usually gets grossly oily by the afternoon, but with this powder on I can see just a bit of sheen on my skin coming through. Usually it gets me through the work day without having to reapply. I'm a NC25 and the girl matched me to the Medium tone. I thought I would be Light Plus, but she said I'm in between and if I get Medium I can wear it for summer too, since it's pretty sheer. I would say it's buildable coverage, but I only wear one layer. I've been wearing it every day for 2 weeks and I haven't had any problems with it at all. I think this is my HG powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i had been using pro-longwear foundation and it tends to be a little heavy.. this is my first jump into mac pressed powders &i am in love. light plus is the perfect match for me. it's such an easy product to apply.. very natural coverage and easily buildable. gives a nice, matte finish &feels super silky. totally in love with this stuff <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Nelly126

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I could never use MAC foundations because they have all caused my skin to become irritated. My skin just hated MAC and it used to bum me out as I had seen friends who use the products with great results. Well FINALLY MAC has made a powder foundation that I can wear! The Careblend line is AMAZING! I have rosacea and this does not cause any kind of reaction once or ever. I have been wearing it everyday for the past 7 days with nothing but great results. My skin just looks better and feels incredibly smooth as time goes by. The powder doesn't sit on your skin, it melts into your skin giving you a smooth, glowy, luminous yet natural look. The best part is that it DOES NOT oxidize as the day goes on. My skin remains flawless throughout the day with very little touch up. It gives great coverage, it can be layered on lightly or heavy depending on what your going for . It doesn't cake up or anything! If MAC keeps bringing out products with the same formula as this powder I will most definitely continue purchasing the line. I now receive compliments on how great my skin looks and not how great your make up looks which is a big difference. Give it a try you'll be a covert like I am.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by surrealsugar

A good pressed powder compact is one of the most difficult things to find when you have dry, sensitive skin but I decided to give this one a try just for the heck of it. So far, I'm pretty impressed. The packaging itself is pretty standard for most MAC powders, the mirror is definitely helpful for quick, on the go touch ups. Since I'm usually an NC 37-40, I went with the medium plus. Relatively good match, with a slightly more pinkish tone than I'm used to (I also use Clinique Dermawhite powder foundation in 05 Neutral, available in Asian markets). The coverage is sheer enough to set foundation, I haven't had a chance to try it alone yet. I guess the best qualities this powder has to offer (so far) are the following: it doesn't settle into the fine lines under my eyes, it doesn't dry my skin out like other powders and it sets foundation very well. Only two days in, update after a week or so!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by mizsassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really liking this powder! I have been using Mineralized Skinfinish Natural powder in medium plus before I bought this. The MSFN has more of a pinkish undertone to it and sometimes when i apply a little more product than usual the color can look quite unnatural. However the careblend medium plus runs a little lighter and isn't as pinkish as the MSFN. It provides for a smooth finish and can be layered on w/o looking cakey depending how much coverage you need. Another big plus for this powder is that it comes with a mirror unlike MSFN.This is going to be my new HG powder! I'm planning to use this as a finishing powder over my Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, or wear it alone over concealer. Will update here after using it for a while. Btw I'm NC35 -40 in studiofix powder.

UPDATE: It's now my HG powder, The careblend has a creamier texture thus making my skin looks like skin (compared to the MSFN which is totally matte and powdery). It also provides better coverage for me. I use this powder with the Prolong Wear concealer in NC30 and it is AMAZING! Looks natural 5 thumbs up!! If i have 5 thumbs..that is

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I've been wearing careblend now for about a week. I use it over my Studio Moisture Tint foundation and I find that I really do like the creamy finish over the powdery finishes of most setting powders. I'm NC 45 and was matched for Medium Deep. Careblend provides more color/ coverage than my MSF natural did. The product does seem to run lighter than my MSF natural; however, the Medium Deep shade still works out well for me. (FYI: I update all my reviews if my feelings change towards any products I review).