MAC Studio Careblend

4.2

Talc, Boron Nitride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Myristyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate [ May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

LOVE this powder!! I do a light dusting of this over my ELDW foundation, and Perfect looking skin! It doesn't get cakey like a lot of other powders do, especially over the longer lasting foundations which are a bit dry to begin with. I can't even tell you how many powders I have tried, loose or pressed. This is officially my HG!

Oh, and it photographs Beautifully!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been using Studio Careblend PP for a week and it is amazing. I am 42 with combination skin (oily t-zone, dry cheeks). I usually wear tinted moisturizer, but occasionally I wear a medium coverage foundation. I have tried the PP over both and the finish is stunning. It is not matte, it just looks like you have air-brushed skin. It evens out my combination skin so that no one would know I didn't have flawless skin.
My MAC salesperson suggested that I use a m/u brush, rather than the sponge thing that comes with it, so that is what I use to apply it.
Even when I get in my car, and check out my face in the harsh sunlight, my skin looks gorgeous. With Studio Careblend, it appears as though my pores have completely disappeared (they are huge!!!).
I was quite surprised to find out that the MAC mua chose Medium Dark (described as caramel beige on the website) for me. I am a C3, medium complexion, hazel eyes, and brown hair. I would have certainly chosen the Medium (Soft Creamy Beige) or Medium Plus (Tan Beige) for myself had I ordered from the website, sight unseen. Medium Dark looks really good on me and is a perfect match.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This powder is like magic! I definitely prefer this over MSF. I used MAC's Face & Body Foundation mixed with a little moisturizer and topped it with the Careblend and my face looked airbrush and like doll baby skin. I only did one side of my face too see the difference and I was totally impressed. This will definitely replace my MSF. I almost want to stock up in case they discontinue this. Best powder HANDS DOWN! No powdery feel. I can only imagine what it will looked like topped off with my Fix Plus Spray.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am in love with this powder! After reading reviews and chatting on the board, this became my number one lemming. It is only my first day of using this, but I can tell that I will be using this to death! I am using this in place of MSFN (RIP) and like this one so much more. Whereas MSFN accentuated the dryness of my skin and made my foundation look thick, Careblend feels extremely light and makes my skin look super smooth.
This gets a 3 for the price because it will last forever! I won't be using this as a powder foundation, so a light dust of this all over will (hopefully) last a year+ like my MSFN. But my MSFN might have lasted me two years, I had it for such a long time that I've forgotten. And it is a good investment because it costs less than the MSFN and has the same amount of product. The packaging quality is a 5 because it comes with a little poof and has a mirror; the whole packaging dynamic is the same as the MSFN. I don't use the poof and don't find the mirror absolutely necessary because I don't touch up during the day, but if you do then you'll like this extra perk. All in all, I will 100% be repurchasing this lovely item.
For reference: I'm Medium Plus & NC25-30 with normal-dry skin & prone to breakouts.
Side note: I recommend this for normal-dry skinned ladies because I don't think that this will help much with oil.

I hate this product.
It is the first M.A.C powder I have bought in a long time and now i remember why.
It oxidizes horrible on my skin so I end up looking majorly orange.
It wears off in patches so I end up looking like I've got dirt smeared on my face.
And it doesn't just break me out, but it also reduces the clarity of my skin completely, so that I am forced to wear more of it to cover up all the discolouration.
Hellloooo.... vicious circle anyone?

So to summarize I think that this product is awfull and I got much better quality with my 4.99 Collection 2000 Perfecting Minerals.
So suck on that M.A.C.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful powder! I am 49 years old and this powder gives a beautiful airbrushed finish. It is long wearing and does not get cakey. I wear this over ELDW foundation. Thank you MAC!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

So, I've had this powder since it came out. I originally didn't know that it was meant to replace Select Sheer powder from MAC, but I found that out from my MAC SA.

This powder is gorgeous. I have dry skin that is still somewhat prone to breaking out from time to time, so I was concerned that this powder could potentially cause a breakout because it does have oils in it to condition the skin while setting your makeup. Not a concern anymore. This powder just happens to set your makeup while remaining soft and sheer on the skin, not adding a powdery texture on top of your makeup.

There is no fragrance. It can be applied many different ways and always looks beautiful on the skin. I really appreciate this powder from MAC. It's quite nice, especially for people looking to set their makeup without adding a powdery texture on top of their makeup. No real flaws, though I imagine if you're looking for something to leave your skin matte, you'll have to look elsewhere.

i just bought this powder a few weeks ago and am absolutely in LOVE with it. my skin is oily and i often have a few breakouts, but this powder didnt draw attention to my blemishes it rather camoflagues them. i use the studiofix foundation first and the powder after. i bought the MAC 187 brush and i use it for both. the powder isnt drying like most so it is the perfect satin-like setting to your foundation. not to mention, at least with my experience, MAC products last you a while. so it's worth the price!! i will definitely continue to use this product

I purchased this about a week ago in Light Plus. I am NC 15 and when I purchased it, I was fearful it might be too dark or oxidize when applied over my MAC Face and Body foundation (which is the best foundation out there by the way) and it just looks fabulous!!! I had been using a brush but today I grabbed one of those little covergirl puffs (the ones you can buy in a three pack) and used that figuring oh no...I"m gonna look like a cakey mess...I went outside to see how bad it looked using the puff and it looked awsome!!! Airbrushed but natural!!! Didnt look like I had powder on at all. I'm going to buy this powder by the case I swear!!!!! It is absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not too matte and just goes on totally natural. I am totally amazed how great this powder is as I have NEVER tried a powder that wasn't cakey....Please try this powder!!!!!!!!! I have combo skin and wasn't greasy. My MAC Face and Body foundation, adds natural glow to my face and along with this powder...I look better than I have looked in years!!!!!!!! and I'm 47 years old!!!!! So kudos to you MAC.....I'm going to have to write to the company on this one and tell them to NEVER stop making this powder..or Face and Body Foundation!!!!! THEY ARE AWSOME and together....a natural but flawless face. :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My MSF Natural was running out, and I was determined to finish it before buying a new powder to set my foundation. However, I couldn't bring myself to finish the pan. I don't know what it is about my skin that doesn't cooperate with MSFN, but it made me SUPER oily and looked flakey on my skin. Disappointed, I looked to Studio Careblend after reading such great reviews about it. BEST DECISION! On to the review:

I'm an nc25-30, and the Medium-Dark MSF Natural was getting too dark for me in the winter. However, in this formula I am a perfect match for Medium-Dark, which seems a bit lighter and cooler than the MSFN line. I would recommend trying the powder on before purchasing, since the shades don't perfectly match other MAC products with the same color name.

The powder itself is INCREDIBLE. Just touch it and the silky powder feels so fine and almost creamy. After the SA swept this across my face she said "touch your chin" and it felt like satin! This powder gives me the most incredible matte finish (enough to control my extremely oily face) without drying out my skin. I find many matte products tend to make my face appear one dimensional and dry, but this stuff just melts right into my skin. I can SEE my face look softer from afar, with absolutely no powdery look. My MSFN used to sit on top of my skin and separate from my foundation to look like a separate layer. No amount of buffing or blending got it to work into my skin the way Studio Careblend does with just a quick application. This stuff also lasts quite a long time, and I can tell it's still there when I touch my face and feel the cool softness. Absolutely WONDERFUL powder, and I would recommend it to all.

Recommended for Normal Skin