November 28, 2014 | 1931 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So, I've had this powder since it came out. I originally didn't know that it was meant to replace Select Sheer powder from MAC, but I found that out from my MAC SA.

This powder is gorgeous. I have dry skin that is still somewhat prone to breaking out from time to time, so I was concerned that this powder could potentially cause a breakout because it does have oils in it to condition the skin while setting your makeup. Not a concern anymore. This powder just happens to set your makeup while remaining soft and sheer on the skin, not adding a powdery texture on top of your makeup.

There is no fragrance. It can be applied many different ways and always looks beautiful on the skin. I really appreciate this powder from MAC. It's quite nice, especially for people looking to set their makeup without adding a powdery texture on top of their makeup. No real flaws, though I imagine if you're looking for something to leave your skin matte, you'll have to look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by vanilla1202

i just bought this powder a few weeks ago and am absolutely in LOVE with it. my skin is oily and i often have a few breakouts, but this powder didnt draw attention to my blemishes it rather camoflagues them. i use the studiofix foundation first and the powder after. i bought the MAC 187 brush and i use it for both. the powder isnt drying like most so it is the perfect satin-like setting to your foundation. not to mention, at least with my experience, MAC products last you a while. so it's worth the price!! i will definitely continue to use this product

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by checotah44

I purchased this about a week ago in Light Plus. I am NC 15 and when I purchased it, I was fearful it might be too dark or oxidize when applied over my MAC Face and Body foundation (which is the best foundation out there by the way) and it just looks fabulous!!! I had been using a brush but today I grabbed one of those little covergirl puffs (the ones you can buy in a three pack) and used that figuring oh no...I"m gonna look like a cakey mess...I went outside to see how bad it looked using the puff and it looked awsome!!! Airbrushed but natural!!! Didnt look like I had powder on at all. I'm going to buy this powder by the case I swear!!!!! It is absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not too matte and just goes on totally natural. I am totally amazed how great this powder is as I have NEVER tried a powder that wasn't cakey....Please try this powder!!!!!!!!! I have combo skin and wasn't greasy. My MAC Face and Body foundation, adds natural glow to my face and along with this powder...I look better than I have looked in years!!!!!!!! and I'm 47 years old!!!!! So kudos to you MAC.....I'm going to have to write to the company on this one and tell them to NEVER stop making this powder..or Face and Body Foundation!!!!! THEY ARE AWSOME and together....a natural but flawless face. :)

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by onerairyblond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My MSF Natural was running out, and I was determined to finish it before buying a new powder to set my foundation. However, I couldn't bring myself to finish the pan. I don't know what it is about my skin that doesn't cooperate with MSFN, but it made me SUPER oily and looked flakey on my skin. Disappointed, I looked to Studio Careblend after reading such great reviews about it. BEST DECISION! On to the review:

I'm an nc25-30, and the Medium-Dark MSF Natural was getting too dark for me in the winter. However, in this formula I am a perfect match for Medium-Dark, which seems a bit lighter and cooler than the MSFN line. I would recommend trying the powder on before purchasing, since the shades don't perfectly match other MAC products with the same color name.

The powder itself is INCREDIBLE. Just touch it and the silky powder feels so fine and almost creamy. After the SA swept this across my face she said "touch your chin" and it felt like satin! This powder gives me the most incredible matte finish (enough to control my extremely oily face) without drying out my skin. I find many matte products tend to make my face appear one dimensional and dry, but this stuff just melts right into my skin. I can SEE my face look softer from afar, with absolutely no powdery look. My MSFN used to sit on top of my skin and separate from my foundation to look like a separate layer. No amount of buffing or blending got it to work into my skin the way Studio Careblend does with just a quick application. This stuff also lasts quite a long time, and I can tell it's still there when I touch my face and feel the cool softness. Absolutely WONDERFUL powder, and I would recommend it to all.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by liueditor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK, I've been a MUA member for years, and this is the first time I've written a post. That should tell you something. I rushed out to buy it when I read somewhere on the web that it actually controls oil. Anyway, I'm black and have combo skin that right now is dealing with dry patches, so I bought Careblend in Deep Dark. The color is slightly lighter than I would prefer. So, I first use my preferred powder, and then use this as a finishing powder. I look a little powdery at first, but I have found Careblend to do a much better job at controlling oil than MAC's blot powder (which means I'm not buying their blot powder anymore). It's been only the second day, but I can go much longer without blotting, and when the shine appears, it doesn't look yucky. I will say that I thought Careblend still felt more like a powder than other claim (maybe it's cause my skin is really dry right now), and it really doesn't do much for coverage. But I think it's a great option for those who want a no-makeup look and for those looking for a great setting powder. Finally, MAC makes a foundation product I actually like. Shockers. Hope this review helps. : )

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 5:33:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, this stuff is amazing. One day I put a bit too much on but instead of looking powdery, I looked like I had been airbrushed to perfection. I would even venture to say that I looked too perfect (or maybe I'm not use to that level of perfectness). I am NC25 and I use Medium Plus.

I also need to mention that I have fairly good skin, no blemishes just a bit of uneven skin tone here and there. I use this as a powder foundation with my ecotools blush brush but i want to get to MAC 116 to use with this for more coverage. It is also great for dry to normal skin and holds up fairly well in hot weather (though if I'm sweating a lot then it does wear away a bit, but what kind of makeup holds up in a down pour of sweat?). I don't like the powder puff it comes with, either that or I don't know how to use it. Also, I hope that they expand the shade range for this product because it is actually amazing.

And my last testament to this stuff: it's so much better than Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which I thought I liked but it was a bit too powdery for me. It works well for my sister who has oilier skin.

I will definitely repurchase and it is cheaper than Mineralize Skinfinish Natural.

UPDATE: Do not use water with this product, I spray evian on my brush before i use this and now it has developed a gritty texture. I've almost finished the product though so when I repurchase, I will not make the same mistake :(

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok...I'm 45, dry skin. I always set my foundation with powder no matter what. I have found a few that I really like. One is MAC's Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder, love it! Will always love it! I also like MAC's MSF Natural however, I cannot wear mineral makeup in warmer weather, it makes me itch, I break out in hives, my skin burns...so I only used it in the winter. CareBlend... It's amazing, I've never used anything like it. As far as wearing a powder that doesn't look powder-y, P+P doesn't but it's different...the only other I've used that I could compare it with is Chanel and this is hands down so much better. It doesn't have the opacity/coverage that MSF Natural has but it's not sheer either. It has about the opacity of Chanel and you can see that powder ever so slightly on the skin. CareBlend does NOT look like powder, it's the neatest thing I've ever seen. It's soft, that's all I can think to say, even in my horrifyingly over-magnified mirror...nothing. In broad daylight, which is when I feel powder is most noticable, nothing . Maybe not nothing, it's better than ever! But it's definitely there, it sets my liquid foundation perfectly. I promise you I look years younger! I must have been so used to the look of powder. I never realized how aging a powder that even I thought was great looked until I used this. How is it on younger skin? Oily skin? I don't know. Try it anyway. It's MAC, you can get your money back, hassle-free if it doesn't work for you. I've heard it described as creamy. Maybe, but I wouldn't call it moisturising, it's a powder but I'm positive it wasn't created to absorb oil so if that's what you're looking for try Blot powder. It's like a soft focus look, definitely not drying, not even slightly and you can pack this on 'til the cows come home. It's neither luminous nor mattifying, it's truly age -defying. I've used loads of powders that claim to soften a look or great for dry skin, soft focus....blah, blah, blah....Maybe you have to be of a certain age or certain skin-type to appreciate how amazing this really can be. That's not say younger guys and gals won't love this. Finally! If ever there was an appropriate time to use foul language on MUA, this would be that time...and that chosen word would be followed by the word BRILLIANT!!!! Thank you, MAC! You will surely be remembered in heaven for this. You should have made this years ago....I forgive you.

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by CoCoCC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder when its cold outside and i don't have much oil issues or when my skin is dry. however my skin is starting to oil up a little and i've noticed more clogged pores possibly from the shea butter and various oils in this. this powder is a dream for dry skin, but not for my oily acne prone skin, but i would definitely use this in winter again. There is shimmer in this product, it leaves a slight sheen, but not glowy like the MSFN.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by fleurylane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I almost never wear foundation so a good powder is important to me. MAC's Studio Careblend is just about everything the perfect powder for me should be. It has the most silky smooth texture and is very very lightweight in application. It has the perfect amount of coverage-sheer, but leaves my skin looking smooth by lightening any redness/irritation and blurring my pores so they almost disappear.

The formula's great for my dryish skin because it's non-irritating, and non-drying, and (most importantly), not-cakey. It's totally a god-send for patchy wintery dry skin but I have a feeling it'll be great for the summer too. It looks good after even 12 hours and an airplane ride (which as every MUA knows--dehydrates skin terribly). I use the included puff for quick application or a kabuki if I want a bit more coverage. I love how great this is for putting in my purse--a definite advantage over MSFN. It's great for touching up my nose area throughout the day, which is the only part of my face that ever gets a bit shiny.

The price isn't bad at all at $23. Given how little of it I use--it'll probably last at least half a year. I'm an NC20 and got it in Light Plus.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by vassy0909

I love it! It has better coverage than the mineral skinfinish natural ans it's super finely milled. Great finishing powder , for work- I would simply put some concealer and the careblend on top and I get the perfect look. And it doesn't settle in my large pores and wrinkles. There's mirror for touch up if necessary. It has pretty good staying power on me / I have dry skin for reference/