October 24, 2014 | 875 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by LucyLastName

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I would never, ever buy the Clarisonic brush. In fact, I thought spending about $30 on Olay Pro X was a bit much. Really what this brush does is gently scrub your face. You can do that with a soft washcloth and it'll be dirt cheap. But I was curious and I couldn't keep up the routine with the washcloths because they need to be dried than washed and changed every day. Anyways onto the review.
Pros: I like that it's soft and gentle. It removes makeup well. Sometimes I'd use a moisturizer to dislodge my makeup first and then cleanse with a cleanser and just my hands. It's small and light. When I used it on regular basis (once every other day) my skin seemed to have more of a glow to it.
Cons: The glow was temporary. The brush is quite soft, but constant fast rubbing of my face put it on a "stand by mode". That meant that as soon as something changed in my routine, like I forgot to put on a moisturizer or I had to apply benzoyl peroxide to some breakouts, my skin would protest. It would get flaky and dry and irritated. I think it was just too much for my skin. This might be in part because I already use quite a few products and the combination of those active ingredients and the constant brush rubbing my face just didn't work.

Currently I keep it and use it on occasion when I have to remove Revlon Colorstay makeup. If I had normal skin and used no other products and just needed something to manually remove dead skin cells, this might have worked well. I would not purchase it again, just because I could very well remove my long lasting makeup with a wet washcloth and my cleanser.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this little tool. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on the Clairsonic so this seemed like a good compromise for now. After seeing the good reviews here, I picked it up at Walmart for $29.99. I do not use this with Olay's cleanser- I use Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser and this brush on low every night. I use a make up removing wipe before cleansing, however the brush takes off anything left behind, which is a surprising amount. Once a week, I use it on high. I've noticed an improvement in my skin's smoothness and softness. I haven't had a breakout in about a month since I started to using this. Plus, it just feels so nice at the end of the day...like a massage for your face. I no longer have any desire for the Clairsonic. Great purchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by babygirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Written 10/15/2012
OK the main and only reason I bought this product was for the cleansing brush, and I don't regret it not one bit! This brush is absolutely amazing! Couldn't have asked for a better deal! I use it with my daily cleaner (Garnier) and I swear, my skin glows every single time I use this brush! It has two speeds: low and high. I use the low for when I cleanse early in the morning before putting on makeup. The high speed is for nighttime to make sure I get all my makeup off as well as on the weekend when I use a scrub after using makeup all week long.

IT'S WORTH THE MONEY! BEST INVESTMENT EVER!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have DDD/ NW50 Combination/Acne-Prone skin. I was starting to research the Clairsonic and the Olay System to see what would be beneficial to add to my facial skincare routine. The Clairsonic was immediately out of my budget, but I did appreciate the reviews I read on it.

Then I came across this system. It was easy to access. I could buy it at Walmart, CVS, or any neighborhood store. I could also buy the replacement heads from there as well. The system ran from about $24-$30, depending on where you bought it from. It runs on batteries. The brush is soft, and it has 2 speeds.

I use it with both my regular face cleanser, as well as a face scrub. I'm not a fan of the Pro-X Cleanser sample that comes with the brush. I love the way it lathers up the soap and it cleans my face thoroughly! Any makeup I had on my skin is GONE when I am finished! When I use my toner, I see no leftover. When I continue to use this system regularly, my skin does clear up. I still do break out around that TOM, but the breakouts don't last as long, and they aren't as severe. THANK GOODNESS!

After using this system for over 6 months, I would highly recommend this system for everyone. Definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never used the clarisonic/clarisonic mia. I never will because spending $200+ on something to clean my face that you have to constantly re-charge would be just unfathomable for me. But I have this unrealistic dream to attain truly perfect skin (stupid I know lol). Well, this hasn't gotten me there yet, but I love my little spinning brush! It removes makeup better and the overall texture of my skin has improved. I never really get that many zits but I haven't had any since using this, so that's great too. I would definitely recommend this product for those of you intrigued by the clarisonic hype, but that are on a budget like I am.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

To say this has saved my skin would be an understatement. I have been using it for about 2 weeks and have noticed significant improvement in blackheads and whiteheads as well as enlarged pores. Dare I say, I could almost go without a full face of foundation! It is decently priced (especially compared to similar products). I use it for the recommended 1 minute and find that it has done an excellent job in cleaning and retexturizing my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by aliviaengland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive acne prone skin and the first time I used this I definitely noticed a difference in my skin tone and texture. It really cleans out my pores and has definitely has helped on clearing up my acne. When I take my makeup off I use a light cleanser to open my pores and get all of that stubborn makeup off and then I use the cleansing brush with Noxzema on it. Noxzema is a deep deep cleanser but im sure any deep cleanser would work

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by maggiealisa

Wow. This thing is amazing. I've been having problems with my oily face feeling really really rough. I regularly used scrubs, but that never seemed to help with the roughness. The first time I used this, my face felt softer than ever. I used it with Dr. Bronner's Peppermint soap (which is also an amazing product) and my face looked and felt so clean. I would definitely by this again. I got it for $29.69 at Kroger. That's a great price, considering there are similar products out there for over $200. Oh, and I use this thing 2-3 times a day, and it has had no bad effect on my skin. That could be because my skin is crazy oily though.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by cat3542

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sadly enough, I have not had a good reaction to this product--after only five days of usage, my clear face is now infested with 4 tiny bumps, some which appear to be enlarged blackheads!--ouch! I was very hesitant to purchase, and now I'm glad I kept my receipt! I was wanting to try the Clarisonic Mia, but like most, I cannot just dish over $150 out for a cleansing device. I hope with people such as myself, with extremely oily, and acne-prone skin, that they will have better luck with this than myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by markysa

I haven't tried the Clarisonic yet so I really can't compare between these two, but for more than fifty bucks price difference (more than a hundred if compared to Clarisonic Pro) this one is the business, I tell you. The bees knees. I had only been using it for about two weeks and then my skin was clearing up, no crazy initial breakouts/purging phase whatsoever. But for a while, since I don't live in the US I couldn't use it because I couldn't find the replacement brush. Now that I've stocked some brushes and been using it again, I'm in love all over again. I've been hearing some other similar tool from Sigma and Sirius and I am especially interested in trying the latter because it has more brush variations which you can choose to exfoliate or hydrate or massage with, not so much the Sigma because it looks kinda plastick-y like a toy and it's pink (?), the Pro-x and Sirius Skinsonic have simple and solid design. But in no way I'm replacing this baby. I'm hooked.