July 28, 2014 | 1093 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by muneca95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not big on writing reviews but I had to do one on this product.. I bought this off amazon for a few bucks cheaper rather than going to the drug store to buy it. I didn't bother using the sample exfoliating cleanser with it just cause I had a gut feeling it would irritate the hell out of my skin. I use Simple Refreshing Gel Facial Wash for my face (which is great because the ingredients aren't harsh and there is no bad chemicals or sulfate/soaps)... Anywho, the combination with the two are great!! I love this handy lil brush it has cleared up my whole forehead and I only break out around my period now. Plus I have sensitive skin and this has not irritated it at all!! My bestfriend even noticed my red marks and some scarring is less noticeable after a few weeks. I couldn't imagine washing my face with my hands ever again. This brush is great. Definitely a GREAT BUY.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 5:32:00 AM More reviews by trusader

I bought it after seeing so many good reviews about this product. Since it is cheap on drugstore, US$19.79 after discount, i thought why not give it a try. When I received the product, my 1st impression is it looks cheapskate. the brush is soft, similar to my philips toothbrush, nothing fanciful. the 1st time i tried, i used it only on half of my face for 30s with the lower speed. i felt my skin being dried out after this use. then i used it after a few days, same drying feeling. I used it every few days, each time for half a face, 30s. After about 10X, there is no improvement in my pore sizes, they are still big & clogged.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Michelle1828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I use this every morning and every night before bed. It has already dramatically help clear up my skin. I use it in conjunction with the Sibu skin care line. I absolutely love it! Was originally thinking about purchasing the clarisonic Mia but choose this instead since it was more in my price range. Also wanted to make sure my sensitive skin could handle a automatic cleanser like this. I would definitely recommend this to everyone. It's half the price of the Mia and the replacement brushed are fairly priced as well! Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by ImmaBrunette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh my freaking god. I love this product so much! I've always had problem skin since I was 10. My forehead would always be covered in acne and my nose in blackheads. A product has never achieved this good as results in the first two days and its so much cheaper than the clarisonic. Okay, first day, I used it, I used it twice because I couldn't resist. I actually couldn't wait to wash my face that day! I put my usual makeup on as an experiment which was MAC Studio fix powder + foundation pressed powder, in a really light shade. I was so surprised when I saw how much makeup had come off compared to when I just wash with my cleanser (Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Oil-Reducing Cleanser) and water and cotton wool pads. There is hardly any on the cotton wool pads but then when I wash with the Clarisonic, the tips turn orange! And I didn't even think I wore that much makeup. So yeah, that explains the clogged pores. Also, I have combination skin, normal on the cheeks, and oily everywhere else, so I use the low speed for my cheeks otherwise they get red. That's another thing! My cheeks are naturally quite red, but this rids them of that, it also makes my skin look lovely and dewy and I can't stop looking at it<3 Its been two days now, so 4 washes with it. And I had some spots, just like spots the colour of my skin on the middle of my forehead and they've cleared up quite a bit and then some underneath ones on my forehead and have come up and are clearing.

It's fantastic, nothing has ever worked for me before! Don't waste your money, buy this. You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by elaina26

I use this cleansing tool 2 to 3 times a week due to my sensitive skin. It works so well at reducing my pore size and getting blackheads out! My skin also has a smoother texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

Like other reviewers here, i chose this over Clarisonic coz it's not only less expensive but Olay brand I trust. Olay is my all time fave when it comes to cheaper skincare alternatives. I love this brush coz it cleans, exfoliates & massages my skin good. However, I'm saddened that my skin is kind of getting "angry" when I use this everyday. Breakouts appear on my face. I don't like to blame this product totally coz it does what it's for. I guess it's just not for me for regular use. I didn't have problems with broken capillaries, u have to moderate the speed & pressure depending on your skin. In my case, i kind of knew right away that this was the culprit why pimples suddenly appear on my face coz I'd always had clear skin, and this tool is the only new thing in my regimen right now. I'm still giving it 5 lippies coz I love the deep cleansing I get (and Clarisonic also make others breakout anyway!), so I will keep observing my face with the on & off usage to be 100% sure that this is giving me the pimples. I'll update!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mimster09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an excellent cleansing tool. I love it! I had blackheads problem, new ones keep popping up one after another so I decided to buy this product after read many positive reviews. After few weeks of using it, I don't see any more new blackheads on my face. I am not sure if it will help to get rid of the old ones, have to wait and see in a couple of months. The negative point about this product is that you can not use it everyday, especially if you have dry skin, so it's good for 2-3 times a week.. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I deleted my previous review where I basically said I like using it on my face but that it hasn't improved my skin and gave it four lippies.
What I discovered in these last weeks is how good this is at removing self-tanner mistakes. I use lots of different brands and I have dry skin so sometimes the result is really patchy and flaky and removing those patches was a nightmare even with the harshest scrubs and scrubbing gloves but this works so fast, I just use it on that part of my body for 15-30 seconds and my skin looks nice and even. It does mean you have to reapply self-tanner again on that part but I prefer to have some visibly lighter spots (still looks natural) instead of darker spots because that just orangeness just screams ''self-tanner''.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by peekaboo2355

So this is like the best think that has ever happened in my life. This is the secon day that i have been using it and my skin already looks so much better and i can feel that its super clean after i use it it gets all the gross oil and makeup out of your pores and i noticed that they look alot smaller. I also have moderate acne and alot of products irritate my skin and after i come out of the shower my skin looks red and blotchy just not good but this surprisingly doesnt irritate it its gentle but effective and does what it says it does. Im happy with this and so fr no compaints lets just hope it keeps working like its working. I love this tool!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Very nice, gentle skin brush. I usually use a manual Japanese brush with exfoliant once a week but this is much softer and does all the work for you! Removes flakies and makeup remnants beautifully. I can't use it more than once a week but when I'm particularly dry and grimy it really helps to smooth everything out and prep skin for post-shower moisturizer.

Took off a lippie because this is flat out different than the Clarisonic, as another reviewer pointed out, and marketing it as similar is inaccurate. However, while the Clarisonic irritated my skin, this brush does not! If you find the "sonic" technology of the Clarisonic to be too much for you, but still want gentle physical exfoliation, it's worth a try.