April 24, 2014 | 1919 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by fairlymediocremakeup

Let's cut to the chase; I love this foundation.
I ran out of my previous base product (it was Rimmel BB cream and it was terrible, by the way) and went into Boots to pick out something different. I really do not know why I picked this up as I hadn't even really seen any reviews on it or anything.
They have a pretty wide range of shades and in many shops there're charts to help you pick the right shade. I got 115, as I'm pretty pale and pink-toned.
I like the packaging. Unlike many drugstore foundations, it comes in a glass bottle instead of a plastic tube. It is simple but classy and does the job. It also has a pump applicator which was a relief as I loathe bottles without pumps.
The first thing I noticed when I dispensed this product was that the consistency was very watery. It is described as a 'gel' foundation so I predicted it would be sort of a creamy texture but it was honestly almost a liquid. Confusing.
Application went pretty well on my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush but due to the texture I imagine it might get a bit messy if you're using your hands.
The coverage is medium-high which was perfect for me as I've got some acne which it did a pretty good job of covering.
The finish was dewy and wouldn't be any good if you've got really oily skin but it worked fine on my Combo set with a powder.
The lasting power is amazing; I applied this morning and looked at it a few minutes ago after it'd been on for about six hours and it still looks perfect.
Overall, an amazing foundation, but maybe steer clear if you've got very oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Pihla2801

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

So I bought this foundation in shade 120 after messing my hand with many other shades. And I guess the shade is perfect for me! The shade selection is great and it is easy to pick the right shade. When you know your shade, you can also buy powder, concealer, bronzer and blush to match your shade. So I think it is great ecspesially if you are buying your very first foundation and powder and concealer and also need bronzer and blush. But these are only pros in this product. I mean, if you have normal/dry skin with only a few impurities, this may work with you. But I have combination skin and my skin tends to get oily on the t-zone quite quickly, and this is creasing so bad! It also leaves your skin very sticky even if you have powder on top of it! I bought this because they said it is lightweight, but that is something I cannot agree. Maybe if you have dry/normal skin, this may work.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by WalkingTwizzler

Love this stuff this is actually the first foundation I've bought except for dollar brands and Merle Norman but this stuff is great it goes on light and dries a little bit darker also it's also i lil streaky but that may be my foundation brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Sapientia

Pros :
- really really smooth on the skin
- perfect coverage
- looks natural
- beautifully shiny
Cons
- it's probably not good for people with oily skin as it's a tiny bit greasy
- not really smell-neutral
- there is a huge difference between the 115 and 120 shades, I ran out of the first, but when I wanted to buy it again I only found the 120 classic ivory as the fairest available, but it was unfortunately too dark for my skin so pay attention to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Cortiz4

I love having a dewy look when using foundation & this is my go to drug store foundation. A little goes a long way or else you will look greasy. I recommend this for dry skin girls not so much oily skin because its dewy. Great buy and affordable and last pretty long. Great with out primer as well. & bronzer looks amazing on top of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Personally i did not enjoy this foundation whatsoever, it was recommended to me by a friend, so i went out and bought the fit me face set, so i bought the foundation, powder, and concealer. It looked sooooo caky by the end of the full face routine and it barley covered any of my blemishes or redness or under eye circles, not a fan at all of the fit me products. Id recommend trying another drug store foundation for the same price such as, loreal true match, revlon colorstay, or maybelline instant age rewind, much better drug store alternatives that provide way better coverage and stays on all day. But if your someone who has no blemishes, then maybe this foundation will be good for you as it would act like a tinted moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I notice Fit Me seems to get mixed reviews - and honestly, in my opinion - this foundation will only work for those who have good clear skin with minimal need for coverage and who do not have super oily skin. This is definitely not for those who want or need a lot of coverage and who prefer a matte finish. If you have decent skin, and a combination, normal or slightly dry-dry skin type, this will probably work much better for you. Since my skin is in good shape now, I love this but I know back in my blemished days I would hate this with a passion.

Anyways, I love how it looks so skin-like and the texture of the foundation is silky and fluid. The finish is satin on my skin, almost dewy but has no sparkles or shimmer particles. It just looks naturally luminous. I have sensitive skin and this doesn't cause any reactions or breakouts.

I am an NC250-30 in MAC terms and wear #210 and #220 depending on the season. In the winter when I am about NC20 I wear the #115 or #120 shade. They blend amazingly well to an imperceptible finish that is soft to the touch. No caking, no dryness and no greasiness either. It fades gradually and evenly after about 6 hours on me. I use a light dusting of powder in the t-zone and touch up with powder only after the 6 hour mark.

The only thing I dislike is the packaging and colour selection - I like the glass bottle but wish it had a pump, it would be more hygienic and it is easier to pump out than it is to pour out especially if you travel with it. Why does it have a pump in the UK and not in the US or Canada? I find this odd and incredibly annoying. Also there is a lack of yellow shades, please make something more yellow for light to medium skin Maybelline!! Although Maybelline is notorious for pink or orange undertones so what more can I say. Sigh. Either way it's not enough to deter me from using this or buying it. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a beautiful skin-like, light coverage foundation that is easy to work with and looks natural, plus it's pretty cheap too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by oneclassy_broad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all the drugstore foundations I have used this has been the best so far. I have slightly drier skin, so this works well for me. The color selection is great, I am a 115, sometimes I need to mix in a 110 in the colder months. It blends in well, leaves my skin looking nice and glowy. Its never caked on me or made me look dry. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by CarlaGonzalez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this along with the powder and in the shade 220. It was okay, it made me look oilier and cakey and obvious i had foundation on. It didnt even last that long ethier. I feel like it would work a lot better if you used a makeup brush with it but for me the more i blended it, the more it flaked.

Maybe this isnt for my skin which tends to get oily easy but at the same time if im not moistuizing my skin gets really dry. I don't really ever get pimples or acné but I do have somewhat big pores. you would definatly need powder to set this. I left it un-used and as a waste of my money. I'm glad it worked for others but not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by nimbyzorro11

This was the first foundation I've ever used, and it was a good start. It doesn't make me breakout and it stays on most of the day. Quite easy to apply and doesn't smell weird. There are only two downsides: 1. It make my nose look shine even if it wasn't shiny before I applied the product. 2. It's a sheer coverage, so it doesn't hide all the redness that I would like it to.

In short, if your skin isn't too oily and you want a sheer coverage, go for it. But if you're like me and you have a little bit more redness to cover, maybe you should try something else.