September 21, 2014 | 1514 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by snoopyf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation, Several years ago the original estee lauder maximum cover foundation was my HG, though I always wished there were a greater range of colours, especially as I am very pale and the lightest was too dark for me, back then I was in to tanning though so it made up for the difference. However over time I gave up the sunbeds and with them, I had to give up my HG foundation as it was just too dark.

Years later I discover estee lauder has re-launched the product, new packaging, different formula, and a couple more shades, including a lighter one! I went out and bought one and and was pleasantly surprised at just how light the lightest shade is. The lightest (called "very light") is equivalent to "bone" in double wear and is lighter than mac NC15. So, moving on, here are thoughts on this foundation:

Coverage: Full coverage, I mean REALLY full coverage (but does not look mask like or like you are wearing lots of makeup).

Look: smooth, non-powdery, matte/semi-matte. Very porcelain doll-like.

Pros:

- genuine, non-orange pale shade available
- cover is, bar none, the best coverage I have ever found in any foundation. This covers EVERYTHING - even the worst dark circles are obliterated with this. Anyone who is insecure about spots, scars, rosacea, sun spots, pigmentation problems, etc, this foundation is a wonderful product for you.
- following on from the above point, this works as a concealer and foundation, so no need to bother with an extra concealer.
- a tiny, tiny bit goes a long way.
- looks and feels smooth, creates a nice looking texture on the skin
- is breathable and feels light
- long lasting, water and sweat resistant.
- will get you compliments on your "great skin".
- easily buildable
- goes on easy with a foundation brush or your fingers, both work fine.

Cons:
- still not enough shades available, those with very dark skin wouldn't be able to use this, and as there are only 6 shades, many may find they have to mix two shades together to get their perfect match, which means buying two bottles instead of one.
- Got to make sure you really cleanse your skin after taking this stuff off, since it is water-resistant (which is also a pro).

There aren't any real cons, but I deducted a lippie due to the poor shae selection. Overall this is a great foundation which is simply wonderful for those of us who are insecure about our skin, and this new version I feel is even better than the old one. It looks and feels lighter and more natural yet it still covers just as well as the old discontinued version.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by msmommarn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this product on a beauty board suggestion. I have tried several foundations looking for full coverage. Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is amazing. Variety of colors. Medium thickness. Best applied with sponge or brush. The look full coverage flawless matte foundation that lasts and lasts through swimming, sweat and tears. I love this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Ratiocinative

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First, let me say, that I've been searching for the perfect foundation for years. I've tried everything from Rimmel, to Benefit, to Clinique, to Mac, to Loreal, etc, and absolutely none have compared to this. I have a blemish problem due to my PCOS and as a result, I'm quite prone to spots, thankfully this foundation acts as both a concealer and foundation, it covers my skin flawlessly. It glides on your skin smoothly and easily, and it's certainly not as thick as you would initially assume, it's incredibly easy to apply so long as you have a decent foundation brush. Second, I was worried about getting a mismatched colour due to the cost so I told the woman at the EL counter at Selfridges that I wear fake tan so was looking for a colour that matched my skin tone, whilst not being too light or too dark - she did just that and matched me with creamy tan. It isn't orange and it fits me perfect with or without fake tan!

Now, I know a lot of people will be put off with the price, but you use so little of this product it's actually worth it! I used to use quite a lot of foundation so would find myself literally spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds a year, with this, I don't think I'll ever have that problem. It lasts for ages since only a diminutive amount is needed.

In the end, this is the best foundation I've ever used and I don't think I'll ever be using another, I'm pretty much set for life unless they decide to discontinue it. It covers immaculately and I work long days yet it lasts for 15 hours! How some people can complain about clunky packaging when it's as brilliant as it feels/looks is beyond me, it seems quite pedantic, but please give this foundation a go, you won't regret it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by stefandomen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG this is by far the most amazing foundation ever! I never even dared dream a product this good even existed. It is also the best concealer ever. My endless search for concealers and foundations really has ended. And although it is more expensive than ds brands, you use so little the price isn't really an issue- but I would pay even more if I had to for this! The Lauder counter gives samples if you request them so I suggest to all to at least give this a try- you can thank me later!
Edit: This does cover everything and is very smooth but it breaks up in my t zone badly by mid day. If you are dry skinned this would be great for you if you need very full coverage. Still good as a concealer but when my nose runs- which is often in cold weather- it breaks up badly around my nose as well. Oh well- another one bites the dust.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this after reading all the good reviews. i knew this is a full coverage foundation and i have decent skin and usually only use sheer to medium coverage foundation but i want to use this as concealer. after some laser treatment to remove some freckles i have, my face was full of dark black spots. it's supposed to take around 7 days for all the scabs to fall off before i could look normal again. but it's just not economic to take 7 days off from work just for that. so i used this foundation and wow, it covered everything and lasted all day! my co-workers didn't notice the difference. without this foundation, i would have to stay home for a week unless i wanna let everyone to notice i just had laser treatment. LOL. will probably purchase it after i use up the sample but then again, will only use as a concealer instead of a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by kenka

it covers EVERYTHING!! is like wow,, !,, very good,, may be too heavy for people with perfect skin tone, but for the rest of us is magic,, not greasy at all,, and you only need a little amount to make your face look perfect,,

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was trying this out on my wrists at macy's when the product started to itch my skin. It wasnt painful or anything, but it was enough to get my attention! I got makeup remover and cleaned the area gently only to find that it was red already! With more makeup remover (also by estee), it only itched some more! So I rushed to the Clinique counter and used their makeup removers since I've never broken out from their stuff. I removed more makeup on my wrist with the Clinique remover than the estee brand and the redness subsided! Can you imagine what could have happened if I used this crap on my face?! How dare you create something that causes this kind of reaction!? Avoid at all costs! Even the MAC foundation I used took a few days to cause a reaction, this one only took seconds!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honest-Love the packaging. I have been waiting for awhile since I had the older formulation. Everyone kept telling me it was the same. Well, I have to say the new version stays on longer and more matte. The older version has a slip to it. Still both version you need just a bit. Also, I had to get medium deep because the color range is light.
Still, it lasted without touch-ups for 14 hours. Pores and scars are covered and looks great...no greasy feel.
For those looking for lasting, outstanding coverage worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by fadexscape

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation,,,,unfortunately it was too pink for my skin. I have yellow/neutral undertones.....never really have been able to find a foundation that matches me. :(

It was a bit pricey at $32 but the fact that it covers so well is worth it if you want to pay.

Although, it's great at covering most imperfections, it didn't do much for my old acne scars. I have some old boxcar scars on my cheeks from when I was a teenager and they're all darker than my normal skin tone. I don't think anything will work on those......

But it works great otherwise. Highly recommend!

Oh, but if you prefer the dewy, natural look, then this is not for you. ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by saxcat513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Man, they aren't kiddin' around when they say "Maximum Coverage"! This stuff is unbelievably thick, and the coverage is insane. I thought I needed something really full coverage to hide various discolorations on my face, but now that I've been using this stuff I realized it might be a little too heavy for me. I find this is quite nice though when you mix it with a bit of moisturizer to lighten it up a bit(I use the EL Daywear plus antioxidant).

This is a great buy for someone wanting absolute, complete coverage- as for me, I think I'll try the Double Wear next time.