July 26, 2014 | 1793 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this after reading all the good reviews. i knew this is a full coverage foundation and i have decent skin and usually only use sheer to medium coverage foundation but i want to use this as concealer. after some laser treatment to remove some freckles i have, my face was full of dark black spots. it's supposed to take around 7 days for all the scabs to fall off before i could look normal again. but it's just not economic to take 7 days off from work just for that. so i used this foundation and wow, it covered everything and lasted all day! my co-workers didn't notice the difference. without this foundation, i would have to stay home for a week unless i wanna let everyone to notice i just had laser treatment. LOL. will probably purchase it after i use up the sample but then again, will only use as a concealer instead of a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by kenka

it covers EVERYTHING!! is like wow,, !,, very good,, may be too heavy for people with perfect skin tone, but for the rest of us is magic,, not greasy at all,, and you only need a little amount to make your face look perfect,,

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was trying this out on my wrists at macy's when the product started to itch my skin. It wasnt painful or anything, but it was enough to get my attention! I got makeup remover and cleaned the area gently only to find that it was red already! With more makeup remover (also by estee), it only itched some more! So I rushed to the Clinique counter and used their makeup removers since I've never broken out from their stuff. I removed more makeup on my wrist with the Clinique remover than the estee brand and the redness subsided! Can you imagine what could have happened if I used this crap on my face?! How dare you create something that causes this kind of reaction!? Avoid at all costs! Even the MAC foundation I used took a few days to cause a reaction, this one only took seconds!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honest-Love the packaging. I have been waiting for awhile since I had the older formulation. Everyone kept telling me it was the same. Well, I have to say the new version stays on longer and more matte. The older version has a slip to it. Still both version you need just a bit. Also, I had to get medium deep because the color range is light.
Still, it lasted without touch-ups for 14 hours. Pores and scars are covered and looks great...no greasy feel.
For those looking for lasting, outstanding coverage worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by fadexscape

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation,,,,unfortunately it was too pink for my skin. I have yellow/neutral undertones.....never really have been able to find a foundation that matches me. :(

It was a bit pricey at $32 but the fact that it covers so well is worth it if you want to pay.

Although, it's great at covering most imperfections, it didn't do much for my old acne scars. I have some old boxcar scars on my cheeks from when I was a teenager and they're all darker than my normal skin tone. I don't think anything will work on those......

But it works great otherwise. Highly recommend!

Oh, but if you prefer the dewy, natural look, then this is not for you. ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by saxcat513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Man, they aren't kiddin' around when they say "Maximum Coverage"! This stuff is unbelievably thick, and the coverage is insane. I thought I needed something really full coverage to hide various discolorations on my face, but now that I've been using this stuff I realized it might be a little too heavy for me. I find this is quite nice though when you mix it with a bit of moisturizer to lighten it up a bit(I use the EL Daywear plus antioxidant).

This is a great buy for someone wanting absolute, complete coverage- as for me, I think I'll try the Double Wear next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros : It feels very light on the skin
Goes on easily
Covers all my spots, dark circles, blemishes and acne scars
Lasts a good 8 hours
You need very little so a tube will last a long time
Doubles up as a concealer

Cons : Its expensive
Limited colours

I would recommend this foundation because it covers really well, stays on a good 8 hours. This is a review for the new maximum coverage by estee lauder, the version before was great but after 4 hours it started to oxidise so Im really happy with their new version, it doesnt stay on as long as Estee lauders other foundation double wear stay in place but I can live with only 8 hours. Unfortunately it only comes in a limited selection of colours but thankfully ivory cream is a good match for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by SMALLWEED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: The product does what it promise and the new formulation is even creamier.
A little goes a long way . My Holy grail foundation, very longwear, resist heat and humidity, even sweat. It covers everything and it's light enought.
Much Better than Clinique Continuous coverage (which accentuated all my flaws pores, lines and didn't stay), this cover my pore bettet and my lines as well. (with a good quality primer)
If skin is dry, moisturize well. add a good primer and it will be perfect

Cons: On the Pricey side (32$)
Color selection limited to 5 or 6 colors
could be drying if you don't moisturize

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Swccomm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Based on all the reviews, including one from my dermatologist, I bought this as a concealer, first tried 05 and returned it for 03. I thought it really covered well, and I like that it stayed on all day. I went to a lovely dinner one night and we had our pictures taken, and I could not believe what I looked like -- it looked like someone had taken white out and painted all around my eyes, horrible! I am not sure if it is the color I used or put on too much, I may buy the 05 again and combine the two colors, so that is why I wrote that I would buy product again. If anyone has had a similar experience with this product, especially in regard to the way the photo came out, I would love to hear.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by mrscatsmith

I bought this as I have terrible broken veins which I have had pretty much all my life. I have tried all kinds of brands and coverage/concealer combinations and never really been satisfied. This foundation does a great job but it's really tricky to apply. I am using fingers, although I have also tried a brush which was not that good. I have been though loads of different moisturizers to try and help with application but those which help a little (and I mean a little) make me greasy looking in a couple of hours.

I have decided the only way to get a good application which doesnt look cakey is to take my time, I mean about 3 times as long as I would usually take to apply my foundation. Only then can I get the balance between coverage and as natural looking as possible.

Anyone with any tip on improving application please post here!