October 22, 2014 | 1978 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by JavariaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

To put it simplyThis product works

It is slightly on the matte side BUT there is a way around that, spritz you’re brush lightly once with water or MAC fix plus, alternativly dab your brush into a tiny amount of water, blot any excess on a tissue and blend the foundation into your skin… The result… A more natural look YET with the same coverage… The coverage on this is impeccable!!!
It can even be used after another foundation to spot conceal…. And the most minimal amount of product is required!

Provides REAL full coverage!!! Great Product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by meriemceni

i have used this product for years i used the old one as well but that has been discontinued so i moved onto this one i don't notice any major diffrence's between the two just the color names have changed but the lady's at the counter can help you out with that they have a chart its a full coverage foundation that lasts all day and night i have used every foundation out there and this by far is the best the down side is there isnt a large colour selction and it does have titanium in there so in photos you will appear white like a ghost but besides that great buy

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by MsHoughtaling

I love the quality and staying power of this foundation. It does have great coverage and depending on how much you use and if you use a mixer or base it can look either flawless or very fake and cakey... I would always use just a tiny bit mixed with either DW Light or Spotlight Cream. Now here's the really bad part. I broke out with a SERIOUS case of acne while using this foundation, and all the other estee lauder foundations too. I LOVE estee's foundations though :( I do recommend this foundation however... I just have very sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by MoeMoe28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

For 2 years I have been looking for a foundation that covers everything and doesn't irritate my skin. And i've gotta say this IS it! I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!!!! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by snoopyf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation, Several years ago the original estee lauder maximum cover foundation was my HG, though I always wished there were a greater range of colours, especially as I am very pale and the lightest was too dark for me, back then I was in to tanning though so it made up for the difference. However over time I gave up the sunbeds and with them, I had to give up my HG foundation as it was just too dark.

Years later I discover estee lauder has re-launched the product, new packaging, different formula, and a couple more shades, including a lighter one! I went out and bought one and and was pleasantly surprised at just how light the lightest shade is. The lightest (called "very light") is equivalent to "bone" in double wear and is lighter than mac NC15. So, moving on, here are thoughts on this foundation:

Coverage: Full coverage, I mean REALLY full coverage (but does not look mask like or like you are wearing lots of makeup).

Look: smooth, non-powdery, matte/semi-matte. Very porcelain doll-like.

Pros:

- genuine, non-orange pale shade available
- cover is, bar none, the best coverage I have ever found in any foundation. This covers EVERYTHING - even the worst dark circles are obliterated with this. Anyone who is insecure about spots, scars, rosacea, sun spots, pigmentation problems, etc, this foundation is a wonderful product for you.
- following on from the above point, this works as a concealer and foundation, so no need to bother with an extra concealer.
- a tiny, tiny bit goes a long way.
- looks and feels smooth, creates a nice looking texture on the skin
- is breathable and feels light
- long lasting, water and sweat resistant.
- will get you compliments on your "great skin".
- easily buildable
- goes on easy with a foundation brush or your fingers, both work fine.

Cons:
- still not enough shades available, those with very dark skin wouldn't be able to use this, and as there are only 6 shades, many may find they have to mix two shades together to get their perfect match, which means buying two bottles instead of one.
- Got to make sure you really cleanse your skin after taking this stuff off, since it is water-resistant (which is also a pro).

There aren't any real cons, but I deducted a lippie due to the poor shae selection. Overall this is a great foundation which is simply wonderful for those of us who are insecure about our skin, and this new version I feel is even better than the old one. It looks and feels lighter and more natural yet it still covers just as well as the old discontinued version.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by msmommarn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this product on a beauty board suggestion. I have tried several foundations looking for full coverage. Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is amazing. Variety of colors. Medium thickness. Best applied with sponge or brush. The look full coverage flawless matte foundation that lasts and lasts through swimming, sweat and tears. I love this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Ratiocinative

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First, let me say, that I've been searching for the perfect foundation for years. I've tried everything from Rimmel, to Benefit, to Clinique, to Mac, to Loreal, etc, and absolutely none have compared to this. I have a blemish problem due to my PCOS and as a result, I'm quite prone to spots, thankfully this foundation acts as both a concealer and foundation, it covers my skin flawlessly. It glides on your skin smoothly and easily, and it's certainly not as thick as you would initially assume, it's incredibly easy to apply so long as you have a decent foundation brush. Second, I was worried about getting a mismatched colour due to the cost so I told the woman at the EL counter at Selfridges that I wear fake tan so was looking for a colour that matched my skin tone, whilst not being too light or too dark - she did just that and matched me with creamy tan. It isn't orange and it fits me perfect with or without fake tan!

Now, I know a lot of people will be put off with the price, but you use so little of this product it's actually worth it! I used to use quite a lot of foundation so would find myself literally spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds a year, with this, I don't think I'll ever have that problem. It lasts for ages since only a diminutive amount is needed.

In the end, this is the best foundation I've ever used and I don't think I'll ever be using another, I'm pretty much set for life unless they decide to discontinue it. It covers immaculately and I work long days yet it lasts for 15 hours! How some people can complain about clunky packaging when it's as brilliant as it feels/looks is beyond me, it seems quite pedantic, but please give this foundation a go, you won't regret it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by stefandomen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG this is by far the most amazing foundation ever! I never even dared dream a product this good even existed. It is also the best concealer ever. My endless search for concealers and foundations really has ended. And although it is more expensive than ds brands, you use so little the price isn't really an issue- but I would pay even more if I had to for this! The Lauder counter gives samples if you request them so I suggest to all to at least give this a try- you can thank me later!
Edit: This does cover everything and is very smooth but it breaks up in my t zone badly by mid day. If you are dry skinned this would be great for you if you need very full coverage. Still good as a concealer but when my nose runs- which is often in cold weather- it breaks up badly around my nose as well. Oh well- another one bites the dust.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this after reading all the good reviews. i knew this is a full coverage foundation and i have decent skin and usually only use sheer to medium coverage foundation but i want to use this as concealer. after some laser treatment to remove some freckles i have, my face was full of dark black spots. it's supposed to take around 7 days for all the scabs to fall off before i could look normal again. but it's just not economic to take 7 days off from work just for that. so i used this foundation and wow, it covered everything and lasted all day! my co-workers didn't notice the difference. without this foundation, i would have to stay home for a week unless i wanna let everyone to notice i just had laser treatment. LOL. will probably purchase it after i use up the sample but then again, will only use as a concealer instead of a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by kenka

it covers EVERYTHING!! is like wow,, !,, very good,, may be too heavy for people with perfect skin tone, but for the rest of us is magic,, not greasy at all,, and you only need a little amount to make your face look perfect,,