November 26, 2014 | 1448 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by oooooohnelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've seen this sitting next to harsh chemical cleaning products in my kitchen and looked it up here on MUA. Read tons of positive reviews and decided to give it a try. I was so sure that it was a huge risk for me putting oil on my face but I did it anyways. After 2-3 days of use I'm in love. I honestly think this golden oil is heaven sent. I have combination/acne prone skin and I would get little tiny bumps almost every other day, My normal skin care routine; For the A.M. I would wash my face with Purpose Gently facial cleanser (I personally recommend it for people with sensitive skin) For the P.M. I apply Alpha hydrox Glycolic gel or 10% Benzoyl Peroxide for acne spot treatment But I'm glad to say I'm ready to say good by to my old P.M. routine and replace it with only Jojoba oil, I can't say how much this oil works so well.. I mean great...like @#$%-ing awesomeness! I'm speachless. My old acne scars are fading gradually, Little bumps are subsiding, no new pimples popping up, my pores have reduce in size dramatically. I can honestly say I see an improvement to my skin the next morning I wake up and I've only been using this product for three days.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this stuff, sometimes I use it as moisturizer for face or body. Sometimes I use it as cleanser, however I have tried using as an eye makeup remover and it really stung my eyes, so I don't use it near the eyes anymore. Other than that it is great. I like to put it in my hair at night or even in the morning to give it a bit of shine and massage a bit into my scalp to help with dry scalp. Very good value for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great multi-use prouduct. I have a really dry scalp, so once a week I give myself a scalp message with this and follow with Head and Shoulders and then a deep conditioning treatment- this leaves my hair clean, shiny, and completely flake free.

I also just got back from a vacation from Jamaica and I got badly sunburnt. When my face and body started peeling I slathered this on and then gently messaged the dead skin off with a damp wash cloth.

This also is amazing for makeup removal. I use this to take my eyemakeup off (just be careful not to get it in your eyes!) I also use this to wash my face makeup off and then I follow with my clarisonic and cleanser, so that I'm not just rubbing makeup and oil from the end of the day all over my face.

This also work for a nightly facial moisturizer. When I started using this I broke out for about two weeks but now (about three months later) my skin looks better than ever. You just have to deal with some breakouts for a week or two, but this has seemed to help with blackheads for me. I only use this at night though, it's too oily for the day. Also be sure to only use about two or three drops mixed with water. I usually put it on right out of the shower. This isn't a miracle product with my face though, but it works pretty well.

Lastly this is great for chapped winter hands and ragged cuticules.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AWFUL

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by scp15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before using this product, I was extremely frightened at the thought of putting something oily on my already oily face. However, I recently started working at a restaurant with a large fire place and my skin was getting soooo dry and flakey. I went though a bunch of moisturizers before reading about this one and deciding to give it a try. What a pleasant surprise! It was light and absorbed quickly without leaving a greasy residue. I would never do more than three or four drops but ever since I began using it my skin has been perfectly balanced moisture wise. I was kind of hoping it would also magically cure any signs of blemishes but that didn't quite happen. But it didn't cause a flair up either so I'll take it! Annoying package though too much oil comes out to fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Daffodil23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my fifth bottle of this and this is my HG product. I have oily, acne prone skin and this oil seems to magically balance my oil. Before discovering this oil, I would have shiny oily t-zone by mid day and no matter how much oil absording sheets or powder I would use, the oil would just come back again in 2 hours or so. But since using this I have never had this problem even once. Now I can go the whole day without a trace of oil and really I seem to forget that my skin is oily my nature. This oil is FUNTASTIC and MIRACLE. I even got my sister who is in India hooked to this and keep shipping this to her and it has also worked wonders for her too. All you need is like 2-4 drops for your face and neck.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I use it to remove make up and to moisturize. Works great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry acne prone skin, I first started using 6 drops at night added to my moisturizer. After a while I started doing 6 drops at night and 6 drops in the morning but after awhile I noticed my face was kind of dry in the morning before washing it, so I started doing 10 drops at night and 6 drops in the morning. That was moisturizing enough for my face and 6 drops isn't too much for underneath makeup. It hasn't caused breakouts, I noticed the 'life cycle' of acne is much faster. A few days after starting it I noticed that where I get clogged pores and blackheads on my cheeks were starting to pop up as tiny whiteheads instead and then finally went lessened. Its great as an eye makeup remover, it works better than my neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover and without the greasy film.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I marinate myself in this on a constant basis and cannot believe I have not written a review about it. I use this as a balm for my lips at night, the occasional bout of dry skin I get in winter on my legs, overnight mask for hair, but my biggest use for this is my face. I religiously use this after my clinique overnight turnaround and have been for the last three years. Its my savior and the reason that my skin hasnt shown the wear and tear of my college days or have any marks from the occasional zit. My skin has stayed smooth and supple whereas my counterparts have shown the toll partying and school has taken. Ive tried to convince my brother to try it but he scoffs putting oil on his already oily skin but the secret: jojoba oil isnt technically a normal oil more like a wax it mimics the sebum the body naturally produces so it tricks your body into thinking its producing enough oil therefore oil production decreases. I buy mine in bulk from wholefoods or amazon and use as soon as I step out of the bath when the skin is still damp. Overall, this is a relatively cheap but effective treatment for everything-its liquid gold for skin pretty much!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by lilymoon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this both as a face cleanser and as a moisturizer. As a cleanser, while in the shower, I apply about 8 drops to my hands, rub my hands together to distribute, then gently massage all over my face and neck and leave on the entire time I'm in the shower to allow the oil to penetrate, then rinse off with water right before I get out of the shower, which leaves only a bit of the oil on my skin as a protectant. As a moisturizer, I use it morning and night, applying 4-8 drops in palms (depending on how dry my skin feels), and massaging gently and thoroughly into skin of face and neck. Makes skin look glowy and fresh and moisturizes perfectly. Oil sinks into skin and balances it -- does NOT feel or look oily on skin at all. For the record, I have normal skin for the most part that is sometimes slightly dry, especially in cold weather.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No