Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 6/7/2011 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this because it was on sale. Absolutely a pleasant surprise. The light weight is youthful and comfortable with a cool sensation when applied. The coverage in minimum but give a smooth appearance. Overall, very pleased with the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I have olive skin and a bit of rosacea around the corners of my nose and mouth, so it is a pain to find a foundation that looks natural on my skin and that has nice coverage. I was running out of my Everyday Minerals Foundation in olive medium but I had little extra money left and no desire to pay for shipping + waiting for days to get my products. I went to Rite Aid and I noticed this one on sale. I bought the one in medium dark and all I can say is WOW! It is a PERFECT match, it looks natural, I can build coverage if needed and I look radiant in pictures! I really did not notice any sparkles like others have said. I also love the cooling effect on a hot, humid day. My skin is on the oily side and this makeup stays matte all day and lasts and lasts! Finally, my HG!!! :D
UPDATE: Alas, it was too good to be true. After 3 months, I started having a reaction to the formula and the mild rosacea around my lips was exacerbated by this product. I also decided I did not need to wear nasty chemicals on my skin, so I will not repurchase this.

on 5/19/2011 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I hate this. Not only is it very glittery, it magnifies every single pore on my nose. I will return this today!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Just purchased it today.
-I was weirded out when it felt wet on my face when it really wasn't.
-The brush is wonderful! So soft :D
-Doesn't give a nice coverage as i thought it would and gives you a lot of sparkle.. I'm not sure if I like the sparkle.. But I guess its good for a night out..

- I would buy this again but I would only use it at night when I go out with friends or a date to give a dewy, sparkle look. But during the day I'm sticking with my Physicians Formula Mineral Powder. I don't wanna sparkle all day lol.. I rather shimmer and sparkle at night lol..

on 5/12/2011 1:16:00 AM

Would I buy this product again? Hell no! I purchased this in the lightest shade. When I first tested this out on the back of my hand, after purchasing it of course, I noticed that it was not finely milled at all and seemed to rub away when I tried to blend it into my skin. Basically, nothing showed up except for an insane amount of very tiny glitter. I thought it would be better if I applied it to my face, so I did, and at first, I noticed a very interesting "wet" effect. I took a double look at the product to see if it was wet but it was not. Anyway, I applied it with the brush provided and then applied with my own kabuki brush. No matter how you apply this, color barely shows up, does not stay, and you are left with horrible glitter all over your face. Oh, and the brush is soft but completely useless for this. It might be good to use while applying liquid foundation, though.

on 5/11/2011 7:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this today and man do I wish I had read these reviews beforehand! Very disappointed. I don't know how people can claim that this is medium coverage...seriously? I had to PILE it on at least four times before it was medium coverage. And then of course it just looked like a mask. There was no in between. It was either absolutely zero coverage or mask-like. I also hated the sparkles. I don't know how anyone would like this about it. I could live with having to apply it four times to get moderate coverage and I could live with sparkles (IF I wasn't going outside all day!), but I can't live with the fact that the lightest color they make (which looked very light in the packaging) is still about 2 shades too dark on me. It looked awful, kind of brown. Now I know I am very pale, but is it so much to ask that I expect at least ONE drugstore brand makeup company to offer a color that matches me??? Just ONE? So annoying. 11 bucks down the drain. And THIS, folks, is why I don't usually bother with drugstore makeup!

on 5/8/2011 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I wear this over my liquid colorstay and am loving it! After seeing the commercial I had to try and am glad I did. I'm a hard to match Mac Studio Fix C35 and wear Revlon Color Stay liquid in Golden Beige with Aqua Mineral in Light/Medium. The cool aqua feel is heavenly and does have great staying power even on my oily skin. The two are definate HG's for me

on 5/8/2011 12:38:00 AM

Regret purchasing this! I was going for the colorstay liquid foundation when I saw this as a new product and thought might be a light choice for summer. I got it in fair but have to build it waaay up to get a nice coverage. And the sparkle...hmm... It will probably work OK as a highlight or something but as a powder foundation, not so impressive.

on 5/5/2011 4:51:00 PM

I joined this site just to comment about this product, i HATE it. I used the old powder they replaced this for, for two years and loved it, i was disappointed when they announced they were taking it away to upgrade it from the 'aqua' powder but decided its probably going to be better. I have used it once and will never use it again. It goes on terribly,m has no coverage, you sparkle like I've never seen and its not realistic to use unless you want to look like Edward Cullen. I'm so angry about this product i hate hate hate it and now have to start the search for another good powder to use seen as they took a perfectly good powder that me and all my friends loved and used everyday for a long time. I do not recommend this product to anyone who takes pride in there appearance. That is $45.00 wasted on crappy glitter.

on 5/2/2011 10:48:00 PM

Pleasantly surprised by this one. Not the best coverage, but it feels wonderfully cool when applied, and the sparkles are very youth-enhancing. Color is quite good as well.