Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 5/19/2011 10:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I hate this. Not only is it very glittery, it magnifies every single pore on my nose. I will return this today!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Just purchased it today.
-I was weirded out when it felt wet on my face when it really wasn't.
-The brush is wonderful! So soft :D
-Doesn't give a nice coverage as i thought it would and gives you a lot of sparkle.. I'm not sure if I like the sparkle.. But I guess its good for a night out..

- I would buy this again but I would only use it at night when I go out with friends or a date to give a dewy, sparkle look. But during the day I'm sticking with my Physicians Formula Mineral Powder. I don't wanna sparkle all day lol.. I rather shimmer and sparkle at night lol..

on 5/12/2011 1:16:00 AM

Would I buy this product again? Hell no! I purchased this in the lightest shade. When I first tested this out on the back of my hand, after purchasing it of course, I noticed that it was not finely milled at all and seemed to rub away when I tried to blend it into my skin. Basically, nothing showed up except for an insane amount of very tiny glitter. I thought it would be better if I applied it to my face, so I did, and at first, I noticed a very interesting "wet" effect. I took a double look at the product to see if it was wet but it was not. Anyway, I applied it with the brush provided and then applied with my own kabuki brush. No matter how you apply this, color barely shows up, does not stay, and you are left with horrible glitter all over your face. Oh, and the brush is soft but completely useless for this. It might be good to use while applying liquid foundation, though.

on 5/11/2011 7:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just bought this today and man do I wish I had read these reviews beforehand! Very disappointed. I don't know how people can claim that this is medium coverage...seriously? I had to PILE it on at least four times before it was medium coverage. And then of course it just looked like a mask. There was no in between. It was either absolutely zero coverage or mask-like. I also hated the sparkles. I don't know how anyone would like this about it. I could live with having to apply it four times to get moderate coverage and I could live with sparkles (IF I wasn't going outside all day!), but I can't live with the fact that the lightest color they make (which looked very light in the packaging) is still about 2 shades too dark on me. It looked awful, kind of brown. Now I know I am very pale, but is it so much to ask that I expect at least ONE drugstore brand makeup company to offer a color that matches me??? Just ONE? So annoying. 11 bucks down the drain. And THIS, folks, is why I don't usually bother with drugstore makeup!

on 5/8/2011 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I wear this over my liquid colorstay and am loving it! After seeing the commercial I had to try and am glad I did. I'm a hard to match Mac Studio Fix C35 and wear Revlon Color Stay liquid in Golden Beige with Aqua Mineral in Light/Medium. The cool aqua feel is heavenly and does have great staying power even on my oily skin. The two are definate HG's for me

on 5/8/2011 12:38:00 AM

Regret purchasing this! I was going for the colorstay liquid foundation when I saw this as a new product and thought might be a light choice for summer. I got it in fair but have to build it waaay up to get a nice coverage. And the sparkle...hmm... It will probably work OK as a highlight or something but as a powder foundation, not so impressive.

on 5/5/2011 4:51:00 PM

I joined this site just to comment about this product, i HATE it. I used the old powder they replaced this for, for two years and loved it, i was disappointed when they announced they were taking it away to upgrade it from the 'aqua' powder but decided its probably going to be better. I have used it once and will never use it again. It goes on terribly,m has no coverage, you sparkle like I've never seen and its not realistic to use unless you want to look like Edward Cullen. I'm so angry about this product i hate hate hate it and now have to start the search for another good powder to use seen as they took a perfectly good powder that me and all my friends loved and used everyday for a long time. I do not recommend this product to anyone who takes pride in there appearance. That is $45.00 wasted on crappy glitter.

on 5/2/2011 10:48:00 PM

Pleasantly surprised by this one. Not the best coverage, but it feels wonderfully cool when applied, and the sparkles are very youth-enhancing. Color is quite good as well.

This matches my skin tone perfectly, is very lightweight and makes my skin look flawless... until I step out into the sun!
As a girl on a forum I frequent put it 'I look like a sparkly fucking vampire!'.
I guess by 'luminous' they mean sparkly as all hell.
It's a shame, because this product would probably be HG status for me otherwise, even the little brush it comes with is surprisingly great quality. Normally brushes that come with products are cheap looking and horrible, but this one is good enough for me to actually use.
I also love the cool/wet feeling when you apply it, it's so unique!
I'd recommend only wearing this indoors, like if you go to a party or a dinner date.
If you go outside beware of looking like you're from Twilight.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I came across this product while looking for a good summer foundation. I've originally got my eyes on Revlon's Colorstay liquid foundation since I've read a bunch of good reviews on that one. However, after using liquid foundations for a really long time, I found that it did take a toll on my skin because it was just too heavy. I wanted a foundation that was fuss free and felt really light on my skin so I tried this instead. I've used a dozren mineral-based loose powder foundations before, all from drugstore brands and out of all of them, this one would probably be my favorite. It has a cooling sensation once applied and I give Revlon props for that, but it does give light-medium coverage so you may want to apply another layer on problem areas if you need to cover them up completely. One thing I also loved was the packaging. It's actually the most convenient out of all the others I tried (L'oreal and Maybelline) because you can slide the brush (which was surprisingly really soft and does the job pretty well) in and out the cap for fast application. (I found the L'oreal design a bit of an inconvenience since you had to unscrew the cap several times and trust me, I have had accidents where I'd spill the foundation everywhere). It does contain a hint of shimmer but nothing that would make your skin look like a disco ball. I haven't seen how it looks on pictures though, but it blends in perfectly with my skintone and it contains minimal SPF so I'm not really worried about that. All in all, I love this product as an everyday foundation, on night out though, I'd probably wear it on top of my BB Cream or as a finishing powder on top of a lightweight liquid foundation.
==EDIT==
I stopped using the powder because I became lighter after the summer. I bought a lighter color that matches my skintone perfectly and now I use the darker one as a long wearing bronzer. I still love this foundation! I've tried other powder foundations and mineral foundations in between but I've somehow gone back to this one. I do hope people will give it a chance especially since being named after such an iconic foundation (Revlon Colorstay), people are expecting it to be as good if not WAY better than the liquid one. Bear in mind that this is a POWDER MINERAL MAKEUP, which will give you light to medium coverage, unlike the liquid version which will give you a fuller coverage, because light to medium coverage is really what any powder mineral makeup will give you. I still stand by this product despite a huge number of bad reviews, and I hope Revlon will stick to making this because there are also a number of people, especially those like me who love their powder foundations, that find this product work for them.