Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

A very nice mascara if you are looking for precise separation and added length. Doesn't do too much for me in the volume department, but it seriously does not clump your lashes together when you apply it. I prefer to do one coat instead of building it up & if I am looking for more length and volume I will top it with a coat of They're Real mascara. I feel like it is a nice base coat of mascara and starts your mascara routine off on a good note! When used as a bottom coat it makes other mascaras that do clump (They're Real, The Falsies) look better once they are applied on top.

Everyone should have this in their makeup kit - it can give a natural clump free look and also provides a wonderful base coat on days you know you will be layering mascaras.

on 5/20/2013 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I always love Maybelline's packaging and end up impulse-buying their mascara more than I should, but this one was actually a surprising success. The wand is curved, which makes it easier to apply the mascara over your entire lash, and I get almost the same definition that I got with the define-a-lash (which is still my favorite). Overall a decent choice, and if I can't find the define-a-lash I'd definitely buy this one again.

on 5/20/2013 5:01:00 AM

Really like it. I use it for school because I have really short and light coloured (its not spelt wrong I'm from NZ) lashes. I have non waterproof one, it will rain and it won't come off or smudge which is good. Comes off really easy with water and face cleanser. It makes my lashes longer and darker.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I Love this mascara! It makes my lashes super long and black. It doesn't add that much volume but it doesn't clump like many mascaras do. The brush has so many little bristles it picks up all my lashes! It's usually about $14 or $10 when on sale, which isn't to bad. I love this mascara.

Really enjoying using this mascara! If you are looking for a really dramatic eyelash look, then this is probably not for you. But this is a great everyday mascara that is light and separates my lashes nicely. You can build up a bolder look with more coats, but it is not a clumpy dramatic mascara.
I was brave and bought the non waterproof black version, and while I was scared of smudging I didn't experience any! It comes off easily enough in water and does not stay glued to your eyelashes like so many other mascaras do. The perfect mascara if you are looking for something to wear everyday that is not over the top.

on 5/2/2013 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

My lashes: They are decently long but not as thick. I've been using the Etude House Lash Serum to help it strengthen and make it healthier since I do use mascara frequently. I have the one by one mascara in very black.

PACKAGING: I absolutely ADORE the coral-pink packaging. It is so pretty and I am a sucker for packaging that are pretty, vibrant and those that catches my eyes.

QUALITY: This mascara definitely gave definition to my lashes! It does not help in volume though. I use about 2 coats of this mascara and by the third coat, it gets clumpy on my lashes! It does give definition and separates my lashes.

BRUSH: It has a hard plastic brush which forces my lashes to separate. The tip is tapered which is helpful in getting into those lashes at the inner corner.

Waterproof: This does not flake or smudge. The mascaras is really waterproof and it lasts all day. I use my ponds cold cream together with my simple cleansing wipes and it comes right off.

In conclusion, I feel that this mascara does live up to its claims but I will not repurchase it again because I feel that there are other mascaras out there which are way better. This is a very simple everyday mascara. You can definitely build up the coats for a more dramatic look but I would stay away from that because it does get clumpy at the base of my lashes. FYI, I do not wait for the mascara to dry. I apply it while its wet

on 4/27/2013 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried quite a few mascaras by maybelline and just keep coming bak to this one. Awesome seperation, dosent clump. Can't ask for any more :D amazing.

on 4/26/2013 7:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Love this mascara! It is one of the first that I bought. The brush is really good and makes it easy to apply to both top and lower lashes. I have it in the shade 'very black' and waterproof which is an added bonus. Definitely recommend it as it doesn't clump or smudge and is long lasting (all day). I found that the maybelline 'colossal' mascara (yellow bottle) clumps your lashes together quite a bit which is really annoying.

on 4/22/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

One of the very fist mascaras I bought. Got compliments on how long my lashes were all year I wore it! Will repurchase. Waterproof is good.

on 4/22/2013 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Overall, I LOVE maybelline mascaras but I find them all similar in a way. I usually love the formulas and the brushes...they're by far my favorite brand for mascaras. I also love trying out new ones...which explains why I chose this. BUT, I'm not sure if this does much for me. It lengthens but I have short brittle lashes so I prefer volume. This is a good second layer mascara to comb lashes and clumps out but on it's own I am not too crazy over this.