July 31, 2014 | 1634 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 More reviews by elisemaycooper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really enjoying using this mascara! If you are looking for a really dramatic eyelash look, then this is probably not for you. But this is a great everyday mascara that is light and separates my lashes nicely. You can build up a bolder look with more coats, but it is not a clumpy dramatic mascara.
I was brave and bought the non waterproof black version, and while I was scared of smudging I didn't experience any! It comes off easily enough in water and does not stay glued to your eyelashes like so many other mascaras do. The perfect mascara if you are looking for something to wear everyday that is not over the top.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lashes: They are decently long but not as thick. I've been using the Etude House Lash Serum to help it strengthen and make it healthier since I do use mascara frequently. I have the one by one mascara in very black.

PACKAGING: I absolutely ADORE the coral-pink packaging. It is so pretty and I am a sucker for packaging that are pretty, vibrant and those that catches my eyes.

QUALITY: This mascara definitely gave definition to my lashes! It does not help in volume though. I use about 2 coats of this mascara and by the third coat, it gets clumpy on my lashes! It does give definition and separates my lashes.

BRUSH: It has a hard plastic brush which forces my lashes to separate. The tip is tapered which is helpful in getting into those lashes at the inner corner.

Waterproof: This does not flake or smudge. The mascaras is really waterproof and it lasts all day. I use my ponds cold cream together with my simple cleansing wipes and it comes right off.

In conclusion, I feel that this mascara does live up to its claims but I will not repurchase it again because I feel that there are other mascaras out there which are way better. This is a very simple everyday mascara. You can definitely build up the coats for a more dramatic look but I would stay away from that because it does get clumpy at the base of my lashes. FYI, I do not wait for the mascara to dry. I apply it while its wet

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried quite a few mascaras by maybelline and just keep coming bak to this one. Awesome seperation, dosent clump. Can't ask for any more :D amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Nzchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this mascara! It is one of the first that I bought. The brush is really good and makes it easy to apply to both top and lower lashes. I have it in the shade 'very black' and waterproof which is an added bonus. Definitely recommend it as it doesn't clump or smudge and is long lasting (all day). I found that the maybelline 'colossal' mascara (yellow bottle) clumps your lashes together quite a bit which is really annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of the very fist mascaras I bought. Got compliments on how long my lashes were all year I wore it! Will repurchase. Waterproof is good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, I LOVE maybelline mascaras but I find them all similar in a way. I usually love the formulas and the brushes...they're by far my favorite brand for mascaras. I also love trying out new ones...which explains why I chose this. BUT, I'm not sure if this does much for me. It lengthens but I have short brittle lashes so I prefer volume. This is a good second layer mascara to comb lashes and clumps out but on it's own I am not too crazy over this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by cakefaceangie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara when I wanna achieve full natural lashes. I allways purchase one of these in case of those light makeup days, even those days don't come by very often lol

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Dana181

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thin Asian lashes, so I want something that lasts all day, has thickening power and doesn't clump.

I like this mascara a lot. There is definitely a smell, (it smells like roses, kind of like Lancome's Hypnose Drama mascara) but it doesn't bother me too much. It has a stopper to wipe off excess product, which I like, and the wand catches and separates my lashes like it said it would. It starts to smudge a little in the afternoon sometimes, but usually I can get away with it being long lasting. As for volume, I find that the best way to put on more than one layer is to apply one layer to my lashes, wait 30 seconds, and when it's still a little wet, I'll apply one or two more layers. I love the volume it gives me, but it makes my lashes droop a little so I'm probably going to look for a better mascara. It's not a very dry mascara, but it's not a very wet one either. Overall, I would recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nice mascara. The wand is the rubber bristle type and it is football shaped, and it does separate and coat each lash. The product also has a rosy scent. I like this mascara! The packaging is pretty too. Red with pink shimmer and a mint band tube. Would recommend. I got 'very black' and it's the kind of black that has got a slight gray tint but lashes still appear black. This mascara gives nice lashes with little effort.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by xxFebruaryxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find that this mascara doesn't make my lashes look "long" per se, like most mascaras do. It tends to make them look thick, and striking instead. The mascara began to clump after hardly two weeks of using it, which was not ideal.