April 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by mongolhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this foundation, really good coverage and the price is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Sydben

I don't get it.... is there something I'm doing wrong?? The reason why I got this foundation is because of all the amazing reviews I read on it and because it's supposedly the "best" foundation in the drugstore. I bought it and tried it on the day that I got it and I was SO disappointed. It made my face look so matte and dry when the formula that I got was for Normal/Dry skin; and I have normal skin. It also highlighted every flaw I had on my face and clinged to my minimal peach fuzz which literally made me look like I had a beard. It also clinged to my freckles and it looked like I had white dots on my face. Ontop of that it totally dried out my skin and made me flake which doesn't make sence because I thought it was supposed to be for dry skin. Anyways this was the worst foudation I've ever used. It was fair to say that my skin looked better without it on. So just because so many people like something doesn't mean it will work for you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by f4wn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is perfect for me. I have very oily/acne prone skin, and this controls oil and doesn't break me out. I use the color Rich Tan in the Oily/Combination formula. It dries really quickly, so I have to work section by section. Once it dries, it will stay put! There's no color transfer, and it really does stay on for a long time, which is perfect for school or work. Honestly, I don't even need to use a powder with this because the finish is so flawless and matte. It is very full coverage, but you can definitely just cover your face in a thin layer if you need to. Bottom line: I recommend this foundation to anyone who needs a good full coverage, long lasting foundation for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by x0jadore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

probably my favorite drug store foundation. has great medium/full coverage and stays on almost all day. doesnt feel too heavy or cakey. i just wish the bottle came with a pump!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

This makes me extremely oily even i i chose the one for oily/combination skin. So disappointed :/

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by ceah

This used to be my HG foundation, but not anymore. I recently purchased two new bottles and one of them seemed thicker than the other. I thought it was just my imagination until I tried it and realized the formula had been changed. I not only compared the ingredients to my second bottle but I compared it to an old empty bottle and GUESS WHAT? The ingredients are different. A month ago I would have rated this a 4 or even 5. But now I have to give it a 1 because it is an entirely different foundation masquerading as Revlon Colorstay, but it's not. My HG Colorstay was the most transfer resistant foundation that I had ever use and would stay on my face from 7 am until I took it off at night around 8pm, that it over 12 hours and it would still look great. And I have oily skin. But this new formula transfers very easily to the point where it is no longer a long wearing foundation. Why oh why did they have to fix what WASN'T broken. Now I have to find another. so sad.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by AleMarisol1212

I LIKE THIS MAKEUP ALOT, IT HAS GOOD MED/FULL COVERAGE,,LAST ALL DAY,,GREAT TO CONTROL OIL,,GOOD AMOUNT OF SHADES,,I FIND THAT THE BEST WAY TO APPLY IS WITH MY ELF STUDIO POWDER BRUSH WICH IS INEXPENSIVE AND WORKS GREAT AS WELL),, I TEND TO MIX MY REVLON FOUNDATION WITH BOOTS HIGH LIGHTS,,AND IT GIVES MORE TIME TO BLEND BEFORE IT DRIES AND GIVES YOU A MORE DEWY NOT SOO MATTE FINISH,,,

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Makeitup17

My favorite foundation! I've tried many drugstore foundations before but they end up being too orange or too cakey even if I try a couple of different shades around my tone. I originally bought the Ivory for Combination/Oily skin (which is my skin type) and I used it around the wintertime, but it had sort of a pinkish tone to it that made my face look a different color than my neck, and it may have been just a bit too light, which ended up making my skin look translucent in the fluorescent lights at school. The next shade of foundation I could purchase looked too dark for me, but instead of giving up on this foundation, i decided to mix two shades together! So i bought Nude, and mixed it about equal parts with Ivory, and the color came out perfect that time. Now at the beginning of summer, My face tanned a little so I left out the Ivory and just used Nude, and the color is perfect once again! It looks very natural, not caked, and the coverage is great for my acne scars. It doesn't break me out luckily but now Im on Tazorac so lll be using less of this anyway. I mix it with my spf 50 sunscreen which makes it look even more natural, and gives me my sun protection :) .The cost for me was $14 a bottle with tax from walgreens which is kind of a high price for a drug store foundation, but a low price for being a high quality product. I SO recommend this product! If you don't like it at first, try experimenting with colors or application techniques or try to add moisturizer to it, etc. It is such a flexible product for me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by simplymelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

loved this foundation! I have oily skin and with other foundations my face would get oily super fast but with this foundation I don't get oily until the end of the day (7 or 8pm) when I apply in the mornings to go to work ....this is something I am going to buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by JRom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finding a foundation that matches my neutral-tanned- olive undertoned-Latina skin has always been a struggle. This is the best foundation I could find for my skin tone and oily skin. I bought this in Natural Tan about 2-3 years ago and I still have a bunch of product. It is a bit pricier for a drugstore foundation however the payoff for me has been great.
    This product gives great coverage and definitely stays put all day long, even on my oily skin (although my face DOES get shiny within an hour, but my face gets shiny no matter what, blotting papers are my best friends aha) I have never gotten foundation stains on my clothes. However you do need to work fast with this product as it does dry quickly. I prefer to use my hands to work with this product to get it to blend well because the product is a stiff if that makes sense. A little goes a long way with this, so the product should last you long.
    NOTE that I do not wear foundation daily, not even weekly. On special occasions I use it on my whole face, but I generally use foundation when I'm covering up a rash, zit, bruise, or discolouration on my face, and I only use it for the affected area. First I use my Lise Watier portfolio corrector wheel on the area and then using my fingers, DAB a little bit of this product on top and finish with translucent powder.