MAC Lustre in Lovelorn

4.4

on 7/18/2006 10:21:00 AM

This is just eh. I am very cool-toned, and this very cool light yet hot pink just does not flatter. Stila's Liza is similar & much prettier IMO.

on 3/27/2006 6:54:00 AM

my first lipstick from mac..bright pink and moisturise my lips..the colour is so beautiful and longlasting..moreover,it is flattering,my face doesnt look dark or pale with it..luv this lipstick very much!!

on 10/17/2005 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow, this is my HG light to medium cotton candy pink lipstick. And probbaly my #2 fave lipstick of all time (#1 being MAC Pink Nouveau). I just got this.. its long lasting, with a wet shiny finish, but thank God, no ugly pearly frosty shimmery crap in it.. This is such a rare color - its cool/blue based (but not too cool), no purple, no red, no brown, its a bright, light, super pink thats very richly pigmented...if you're afraid of a ultra feminine pink innocent look, stay away from this!

Beautiful light pink, quite bright. I like to tone it down with Dervish lip liner and I add a thin coat of Courting Rose lipglass to make it look a bit more interesting, since the colour by itself it's bright but a bit plain, for me. I've been told it's almost identical to Playboy Bunny Pink lipstick without the frost, which it can be a plus for some people. So try this one if you're tired of frosty pinks.

I love this lipstick. I got it for free with the Back To M.A.C program. It looks GREAT with a coat of clear lipglass. I didn't like it at first, but when I put the clear over it, it was GREAT!

on 11/14/2004 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was my first natural colored lipstick and I love it. The finish is wonderful and doesn't make your lips dry. A perfect pale pinky color.

on 6/18/2004 11:42:00 PM

This is a pinkish plum maybe kinda color and comes out like it looks on the lips, maybe a bit more pinker. Looks awesome with the MAC lipliner Dervish. This is really pretty with snowgirl the lipglass too. It is a nice color on me and I am pale. Very cute.

on 3/31/2004 10:55:00 PM

The trainer at mac picked this and said it'll flatter my LLL complexion. When she applied for me at the counter, I fell instantly in love with it. I tried to apply this at home and it turned out a pale pink that just disappears the minute I sip my first cup of fluid. I experimented several times by layering it thicker but it still didn't turn out the way the trainer had demonstrated on me. One day, I accidentally broke the lippie. So I decided to melt it into a mini pot and use a lip brush. WOW!! The result was awesome. The pink looked clear and bright. It looked exactly the way I wanted it. Gorgeous!

on 2/10/2004 11:06:00 AM

I *really* like the color of this lipstick. It's a BEAUTIFUL cool matte pink (think like Stila Snowbloom in a lipstick but a bit dustier) that's really glossy. It's a light shade but it shows up as medium against my PPP skin.

My only gripe is that it doesn't stay on long, but hey, it's a light lipstick. Nothing new there.

If you want to see what it looks like on a VERY PPP person, I'm wearing it in my picture that is named Mr. Toughie and me (I'm sitting on the couch with my cat).

on 2/3/2004 11:14:00 PM

Lovelorn is a bright bubblegum pink color that looked awful on my lips. Tried toning it down a bit with Spice lipliner, but that didn't work either. This was part of my Shademates 2003 lip palette, and the only color in there that I didn't like.

Popular Lipsticks