November 25, 2014 | 1726 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Mgreene16

overall I really enjoy this concealer! I have fairly good skin but I get a few pimples here and there and some redness/oily spots and this concealer covers EVERYTHING! I wouldn't put it under my eyes though, it crease really bad for me. It comes with some kind of concealer pencil and once I figured out what it was I really liked it. I love using it to conceal the darkess in the inner crease of my eye. I wouldn't use this concealer for highlighting or on big areas, it tends to get sort of oily. For everyday I just use this concealer to cover up anything I need concealed and put a setting powder over and it looks flawlessly natural! its super blendable and feels light weight but a little goes a very very long way! overall I really love this concealer and I recommend it for anybody who's looking for a cheap heavy-duty concealer that works well and looks natural!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Heatherlynntaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great concealer for the price. Heavy duty. Covers well. And a little goes a long way. Doesn't make me break out and I have sensitive skin. I sometimes mix a dot in with liquid foundation for an extra heavy conceal. I hate that I can only find at walmart though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by marissacaldwell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, it is peanut butter packed with coverage and covers my acne really well, its really creamy but i wouldn't use it under eyes unless you use a line smoothing primer underneath because it can crease

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by xtorie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love some things about this concealer, so I will continue to use it until I find something better. However, there are some major downsides for me.

Benefits:
-really good price
-good shades for MY skin tone (probably not for darker-skinned people, sadly, but good for me). I have Ultra Light and Light. I use Light on my acne and Ultra Light to highlight.
-extremely high coverage. I have some pretty bad acne and if I put on a layer of this, let it dry, and then put on another layer, it conceals everything.
-tons of product for the price.

Downsides:
-really heavily oil-based. This could aggravate acne (which most people probably want to use it to cover!). However, it hasn't broken me out.
-It doesn't dry matte and if you don't put powder overtop, it transfers really easily.
-slides off oily skin and aggravates oiliness.
-after a few hours, I can see weird dots on my face where my pores have expelled oil (gross, sorry)

Overall: This is worth getting, and I can avoid most of the problems if I use it only in very small amounts overtop of my acne. If I use it to conceal larger areas of pigmentation, it gets very oily and my pores show up horribly.
When that happens, if I lightly pat powder on top (pat, not rub so it doesn't disturb all the concealing I've done), I can usually get away with looking fairly normal for the rest of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by danimiteable

I dislike this stuff because it dries up on the skin, even after putting on my moisturizer. It ends up making the product look flaky after 15 minutes. I also can tell my face feels suffocated underneath this heavy duty concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by patr0nsaintofliarsandfake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

There are two parts to this. A pencil and the actual moist concealer.

My favorite thing ever was the pencil, even though it's WAY too short! It's only like 4 inches (roughly 10 centimeters) long. The pencil can be used to cover mistakes with mascara directly under the lashes (this stuff gets into tight spaces!), to touch up the regular concealer through out the day, and to cover small discolorations in skin (I never get pimples so I don't know how it would go for that)

I used it to cover up one of my friend's tattoos for a job interview (turned out the business was okay with tatts) and the interviewer didn't even know the tattoo was there.

As for the regular concealer, this stuff is great. I got it in ultralight and use it to cover the natural discoloration around my eyes as well as redness on my skin. It blends really well and covers everything for the whole day. It's also great if you don't have time to let a primer do it's thing because make up will stick to it perfectly.

I also noticed glitter in the concealer...I have no problem with this and wear a glitter powder over my face (that sticks to this beautifully I might add) all the time but if glitter doesn't float your boat for whatever reason then this might not be the perfect concealer for you. Luckily it's only trace amounts that make you look more glowy than glittery so it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

The only problem I have with it is that when I use oil blotting sheets with it it kinda goes with the sheets which is something my other concealers never did. But I will be buying this one again, because it's the closest thing to my skin tone I have ever found.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by kellyscott55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this little gem at Walmart for $6.00. I couldn't resist. It is super thick and you don't need much. I apply this under my eyes and blend with my finger and the Sigma P86 brush. I set with some powder and my dark circles are barely there. The lasting power isn't aaaaamazing but, for 6 bucks what more do you want?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ever since I started using this I have never looked back. It has really good coverage. It is thick so I only use it on little spots. I use it to cover the blue skin in the inner corner of my eye and it works ok there. I use it for any scars I might have after I touch a pimple.It covers really well without looking dry, however when I apply it to a bigger area/scar it does accentuate the dryness but then again what doesn't when the scar is big after you just tortured the crap out of your face. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kalynbwinters

extremely thick concealer with exceptional coverage and awesome staying power. I will say that this concealer is quite visible on the skin...I think it's awesome for photography. I enjoy the squeeze tube...it's easy to disperse the product straight onto a little pointed brush instead of dirtying my hands up.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by simidearest

This broke me out like crazy!!!!! I had clear skin for 5 months, began to use this to highlight and cover acne scars, and while it had great coverage, it also left my skin covered in acne!!!!

My normal skin routine does use a lot of foundation, and I used this product sparingly considering how thick and pigmented it was. However, I DID use it to highlight and cover blemishes, so this was applied in many areas of my face.

By the end of the day, my face was oilier than ever and new blemishes were emerging. I only used this for 3 days and am already getting rid of it, as each area it was applied now has several new blemishes.

I would not recommend this if your skin is sensitive to oils as this product is very oily. Although it had great coverage, it was definitely not worth breaking out over.