September 18, 2014 | 899 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by therinz09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Another foundation that made me breakout which is a shame because it is SO beautiful on the skin. Both my mother and I tried this, and both of us broke out. And both of us loved the foundation! *cries* It sits on the skin so beautifully, and covers any imperfections with ease. It just is such a seamless foundation. I would as always recommend getting a sample before buying. Hopefully it doesn't make you break out!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Cecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product because as I do not have a lot of scarring or blemishes, I do not need full coverage at all. The coverage is pretty sheer but at the same time does a great job of evening out my skin tone. It is also exactly as it says on the box..."a sensory experience". It feels moisturizing, and smells luxurious. I always feel like I am doing something grand for my skin when I wear this. It is my favorite light-wearing foundation. For what you get, the price is very high but man, I love splurging on this every once in a while :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Stephaniemgar

I like it, I think I was expecting more since it's Chanel, but overall it's nice the smell is lovely, I wish it had a bit more coverage I use the smash box photo finish foundation primer which I think makes it look so much better and last much longer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by maiiiyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another supporter of this foundation. If you go for the natural look, this lightweight, even, medium-coverage foundation will do you well. Scent is pleasing. Only annoying thing is shaking the bottle up, quite the nuisance if you don't shake it up properly and a half watery mixture gets pumped out. Try Healthy Mix, the cheaper dupe by Bourjois, I personally do not like the scent but it does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by chazerb

I absolutely love this foundation. As someone who used to wear MAC foundations, the coverage of this first time I tried it was quite scary for me. But now I love the natural barely there look. I use this with the Chanel loose powder and I can say it looks amazing. I did love Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow for it's sheer look, but VA blows it out the water. Best foundation I've ever used. Use a heavy concealer with it if you have some spots or whatnot and this will help even your skin tone and look flawless. Highly recommend to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Brookeelise

This is such a great foundation! The lightest color is pretty dark for me, so I always look forward to summer when I get a little more tan so I can wear this! It looks like real skin and lasts all day, I don't even need to use a setting powder. People are always complimenting me on my skin, and I don't even think they realize I'm wearing makeup! I hope they make a lighter shade someday, because I never find anything else that can even compare to it during the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by adella333

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best if not the best. My hg foundation! Here are the pros and cons...
it is for people with clear skin. I can't imagine it hiding acne or scars, its very light on skin, it makes it look so flawless, it does have a slight glow/ dewy look to it, so for those that don't like that, powder or skip it. Cons -It has a strong scent, like a floral- chemical smell, id like to use it everyday but its so expensive! Plus amount of foundation is very little compared to others. It's not a long wearing foundation but it lasts a good 6-8 hours on me depending on humidity. I have fair combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by mmaaheen

After months, (probably years), of searching for something that offered light weight yet good surface coverage, this product is the one. Finally!

Personally, I've always preferred a look that remains natural and simple which can be easily done with Vitalumiere Aqua. Often, I found high street/drug store foundations made me look cakey, especially around my T-zone which is either too oily or too dry. This meant I generally opted for tinted moisturisers, (nivea and caudelie tinted moisturiser), which I still use on days when foundation isn't necessary. However, tinted moisturiser doesn't last all day, and I'm not the kind of person who reapplies makeup when I'm out and about! I really needed something that gave me the coverage without the cake! Reading reviews and recommendations, I took the plunge and bought it after sampling a small amount at a makeup counter.

As great as it is, I wish there was more! The bottle size is incredibly small which is especially disappointing given the price tag (around £30+). I was lucky to purchase this with a gift card, however it still does not justify the bottle size!

Once I got over this, I decided that you only need a small amount because its so bendable. You can build up the foundation especially over areas you want to conceal. I found that I didn't need to use my regular concealer, this did the trick whilst maintaining a natural-not too overdone look. It gives you a good glow, not too dewy but definitely no dullness! You can even use it to highlight certain areas (cheekbones, temples, nose), then blend into other areas.

I use both brush and fingers to apply - foundation brush on cheeks, nose and chin but fingers on forehead and under eyes. This is just a preference of mine to make sure everything is well spread.

The texture is very smooth! As the name suggests - Aqua - it's very runny but that lends itself well to blending and good overall coverage. I recommend to really shake well before use and when applying a little blob on the back on your hand, to make sure your hand is straight as it runs off very easily. Also, my little foundation blob started to absorb very quickly into my skin, so don't deliberate!

I bought Beige-Sable (no. 30). I have patches of uneven skin tone which quickly disappeared with Chanel! It's long lasting too, which is great but can be a little stubborn to wash off if you don't use a cleanser.

As always, should apply makeup to clean, moisturised skin, especially Vitalumiere Aqua because it enhances that fresh face look!

I highly recommend this product if, like me, you're after a natural, glowing, fresh faced day without the hassle of dried caked foundation! I will definitely be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. Light coverage, but you can build it up to medium. It works great for my dry cheeks and my oily T-zone. I apply it with a buffing brush or fingers. It leaves a great natural looking, satin finish. It looks so natural that I often just put it on my cheeks where I have a little bit of hyperpigmentation and blend it in and it looks great next to my foundation-less skin. It also smells amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by FaBuLuSh1987

Yes this foundation is a bit of a splurge. However, It stays better then Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet foundation and looks more like skin then any other foundation I've used- and I've tried out soo many...from L'oreal True Match and Maybelline Fit Me, to YSL Touche Eclat Radiance foundation, Bare Escentuals, MUFE Mat Velvet, MUFE Face & Body, MUFE HD, MAC Face & Body, MAC Studio Fix, NARS, Sasha cosmetics foundation, Mary Kay, Private Label (no label) and by far this is my FAVORITE one to date! It looks SOO natural, doesn't clog my sensitive pores, wears all day...honestly this with a touch of concealer give your skin a flawless look! For best results, BLEND with your FINGERS!! My mind is blown- I don't care if it costs $49.05 (including local SoCal sales tax), I SHALL REBUY THIS PRODUCT...I'm gonna save and stock my mua kit with these! My personal routine, algenist moisturizer, Lorac primer, this AMAZING FOUNDATION, a touch of MUFE Full Cover Concealer, a touch of illuminating concealer and set it with Tarte Amazonian Clay transluscent powder and bam! Flawless!! OMG!! In LOVE and OBSESSED!!!