December 21, 2014 | 889 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A staple for me now. The older I get I realize I need coverage which looks light and fresh -- not cakey or heavy. I am on my 3rd bottle (summer color is a 2.0).. winter is the 1.2 or 1.0. I love the small bottle as it fits easily into my travel gear and it dispenses easily.

coverage can be built up slightly -- but it will never look cakey which is a look I do not want. I do like to use a bit of translucent powder in the T zone to mattify but this foundation is so good on my skin that it works with a matte look or with any of my hi-lighters for a dewier look during the day.

I will continue to repurchase and hope Chanel does not disc this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lynpett

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

We'll Ladies, this foundation works wonders for me. I have been using Armani and I like that, too, but this one works better for my skin. If you have dry skin or skin that needs a lot of coverage, then this isn't for you. I have pretty good, but oily skin. This foundation makes my skin look flawless and air brushed. I don't oil up all day, but carry some Chanel powder just in case. It is summer now so I'll see how it works in the winter months when I am not quite as oily. In the winter, I may switch to my Armani, but until then, I'm sticking with this stuff. Love it.

After weeks of use, this is my staple now. I find other foundations look heavy comparaed to this. This gives me a natural, flawless, glowy look. Just love it and it is all I use now. I finally have found a foundation that works for me. At 72, I can't tolerate heavy or powdery foundations on my skin. This takes years off. Won't work if you don't have good skin to start with, though. It has simplified my routine. Sometimes I powder a little over it, but often do not. Just add some blush and I'm ready to roll.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Mrswhiskerson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Goes on well. Could use a higher SPF. Smell is offensive but does go away after a time. Nice natural coverage. Blends well. Does wear off as the day progresses.

I have an extremely difficult to match skin tone and most foundations look orange on me. When Perscriptives was gone, I despaired at ever finding a match again. One of the beige roses works for my skin and does not turn yellow or orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Poinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For all it's worth, VA (B30) is very easy to apply, provides sheer coverage and smells divine. I love the way it corrects the blemishes on my skin and make me look like I'm not wearing makeup at all. It looks very natural. The only gripe I have is that it broke me out real bad. I guess I'm going back to mineral foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by yguo001

At first application, I loved it. It was light and I didn't feel like having anything on my skin. I looked great. But, only after half a day, I had to wash it off at my work!!!! my face became really oily, and the fresh look is gone within only few hours. The next day, my face was full of small bumps on my forehead and cheeks. It was horrible!!! also, I got few big cystic acnes around my chine!!!!!!! I really regret it put this on my skin, I should knew it better. Something within the chanel makeup and skincare just do not fit with my skin. If you are acne prone, really be careful with it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

I like this foundation but hate the scent. Though it is light I find it too be a bit cakey after the day wears on. I like Est�e Lauders Invisable better for summer.... Maybe I will get this in the winter cause it does provide more coverage than ELI and does has a SPF which I do like but a bit too heavy for me and much too scented for the hot summer months. I rate it my second favorite foundation. Update. After wearing this I noticed it cakes around my nose and makes me look older. Withe that said plus the terrible rosé scent I will not wear again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by exelero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What can I say? Everything about this foundation is perfection! The way it spreads on the skin, the scent, the coverage is great despite the ultra light texture, even the price isn't the usual insanity from Chanel! And the plastic bottle is robust enought to be always around!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have mild rosacea. My cheeks, nose and even down to my jawline are permanently reddened plus I have red spots. I've been sticking with medium to high coverage foundations, so I scoffed when a friend suggested I should try this one. Surely such a light foundation would not work for me. Boy, was I wrong.

Every time I put this one on I am amazed at how great my skin looks. Now don't get me wrong, it does not completely cover my redness. But somehow it blends it in so it looks like a healthy glow instead of damaged skin. I have noticed that it doesn't look as good if I try to build up the coverage - it will get kind of patchy and builds up on dry spots and fine hairs. It looks best on me with one light, even coat. It does behave nicely over concealer, so if I want better coverage I use my trusty Lancome maquicomplet over the red areas, blend it in with a foundation brush, and let it set before applying the foundation. I know most people say to use fingers to apply but I really prefer a brush application. I like my Sephora pro 56 best with this particular product. The only time I use my fingers is if I am touching up. It feels so light on the skin, like nothing at all.

I am pretty pale. I am lighter than the lightest shade in most foundations and I HATE that line at the jawline where it doesn't match. But I read here about using the Le Blanc sheer illuminating base to lighten foundation. It works great! I apply it to my face with a foundation brush, and then work the foundation into it before it can dry, and it makes B10 a perfect match! I'd say that this shade is a neutral than leans yellow rather than a true yellow base like the Shiseido ochre colors.

Yes, you have to shake the bottle. Whenever I shake it, I tell myself - it's like a bottle of mustard! Shake, shake, shake and when you are pretty sure it is good, shake it some more. Works for me. I am personally not opposed to the plastic bottle at all. It lives in my medicine cabinet so I don't care how it looks. I'd rather have a lightweight, portable bottle than a big heavy breakable glass bauble. I think the bottle is opaque because it probably looks really gross when it separates, but it should be obvious you are running low - you'll feel it when you shake it. Everyone keeps talking about how small the bottle is, but I checked my other foundations - they are 1oz, so is this. So you are getting the standard amount. It's just an optical illusion.

It has a scent but I don't find it offensive and I only smell it during application.

Price - this is right in the same range as other department store foundations. So it's not cheap but it is far from the most expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by sarahsweety566

after reading all the reviews about this , i run to sphora wth not qustioning how it would be on my face !! i tried it there it was the exact match to my skin and i hated that ! i feel that i look ugly , i usally take a one shade darker than i am , but was so stupid and done the same mistake by buying the exact match !! :( i dont know wht to say , it feels natural like beuond wht u acxpect wht elss i tried it from 10 to 4 and no one knowtest it !! which is relfeing but ** anyoing in the same time ,but when i told them they said it looks perfect ,, for me i am not comfortable with it at all i still feel naked ugly and wish if i bought a darker undertone, my advice is to try the prodcut befor buying it and dont buy anything if ur on a rush !! trust me

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by xsuperbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful foundation, especially for dry skin! It is extremely lightweight, almost 'air-whipped' feeling, especially when put on with a foundation brush. The consistency is supposed to be lighter than the Vitalumiere, but I find it gives a touch more coverage. When applied with fingers, it can feel like a tinted moisturizer, great in the summer :-)

I have recently become a more combination skin type, with extra oil in my T-Zone, and when using this it congeals around that area, so definitely do NOT recommend for an oily/combination skin type.

Always shake before applying as water can run out!! Cute little bottle also, better than a big glass jar.