October 20, 2014 | 1907 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by evitara22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great lasting power but really orange :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a huge fan of the finish of this foundation, but I think it more than makes up for it with its amazing staying power. My ultimate test was when I put it on at maybe 9am ish, worked a 12pm-8pm shift, and went out afterwards, and it stayed put until maybe midnight (or until i removed it). Impressive! I do find the finish quite dull, since I have dry skin. Just something about it doesn't make my skin look amazing like other foundations may. The colour does oxidise, and I find I easily look orange, with the shade nc42, but nc 40 is too light for me. Overall, an good foundation, if you can find your right colour.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Pekepop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to MAC looking to compare the Pro Longwear foundation with the Revlon Colorstay foundation. I found that the NC 20 had me looking completely orange by the end of the day. The pores on my nose looked terrible as well-- and I don't have big pores. In the end, it was the Revlon Colorstay foundation that won. Not only did it have my color shade, but it actually stayed in place longer than the MAC Prolongwear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by eslovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've tried all around! It has such an amazing finish and lasts all day. And when I say all day, I mean all day. It doesn't have exactly a matte finish, but it's not dewy either. It's perfectly in between. It hasn't broken me out, which is a big plus for me since I have sensitive combination skin. This foundation I would say is a light to medium coverage with a natural finish. You don't really need to use much powder after this because it literally doesn't budge once applied. I only put a little on my T zone because I have combination skin. I use my Real Techniques expert face brush and it looks amazing. I would say that if you're trying to find your shade you should first think of what undertone you are. The NC shades are for those with a more warm yellow/golden undertone and the NW shades are for those with more of a cool pink undertone. All in all, I love this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

This is definitely my go to foundation for the summer or just a day that I need something to last for a long time. My skin is oily in the summer so I do still need to powder with this. This foundation is light to medium coverage. The only thing is if you need to do another layer, you have to wait until it dries. I use my beauty blender with this and it smooths out completely. What I also like about this is that it is not difficult to remove at the end of the night. I use a clarisonic and this does not stain my clarisonic brush head unlike other long wearing foundation.

It photographs okay but it can give you a whitish cast if you are using an iphone with the flash. I can imagine it would look great during daylight. This foundation is perfect for those days that you are not really wanting to be photographed, just something functional on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by chrisedwards

I love this foundation! For me there is really no bad things to say about this foundation because it provides me with a medium which is just a perfect coverage for me.

The finish on this foundation is not dewy but not very matt so I dn't really know what the finish is but it is really nice! I don't really find it to feel that heavy on the face ether.

I do have some dry spots on my face and it is not to bad with those areas as long as I use a moisturiser before. I find it also works very well with the oily spots on my face very well.

This foundation also stays on your face ALL DAY! and I really like that about it.

Over all I have to say this is my favourite foundation I've ever used and I hope to buy it again when I run out!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by dorianaxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ehhhhh
The lady at MAC (who wasnt very nice in the first place, quite snobby honestly), matched me to an NC20. Under the lights of the counter it looked quite nice, flawless, though I could see she'd applied A LOT

I bought it and I have a few issues with it, and no longer use it
1) NC20 is definitely not my shade! - too dark and yellowy for me. I didn't notice this straight away but after a few days of wear I started to realise this, and this made me quite disappointed. Not sure what shade I am, but i have quite pink undertones, and am fairly pale so I think maybe an NW15?
2) It broke me out - It gave me those kind of, really sore, under the skin pimples which you cant get rid off, but look horrible and are painful as. I stopped using it and it took about 3 weeks for my skin to fully heal. I wouldn't say my skin is SUPER sensitive, but obviously it has some sensitivity issues with this foundation in particular
3) It looks quite cakey/blotchy/strange when I personally apply it - I dont want to put as much as the MAC lady put on me, because though it looked flawless as could be, she put about 3 pumps on, which is quite heavy especially for the day. I hate that kind of heavy feeling, though I do love a flawless finish. It dries quickly, which she warned me about, and it is sooo quick. Not enough time to blend it and so it looks blotchy and uneven if i dont work it properly

However:
1) LONG LASTING - duh, it is pro LONGwear, and the lasting power is amazing. Wish it didnt break me out and was the right shade :(
2) When worked properly, it can look amazing - if it was the right shade, i could wear this as a special occasion foundation but unfortunately not

I did really want to love this, but i really don't think i can make it work for me unfortunately, so no i wouldnt repurchase it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by NelStar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just picked up my 2nd bottle of MAC Pro Longwear in NC30 so I thought I would write a review. I change foundations pretty often. I generally use drugstore brands and rarely buy the same foundation twice. I've gone from stick foundation to liquid to cream compact (I hadn't found anything that I loved) but I really do love this liquid foundation!

This foundation gives me medium coverage with a natural looking finish. I make sure that I apply this on a moisturized face or it does emphasize dry skin. I apply the foundation to my face with a foundation brush and buff it in using the Sigma F84 Angled Kabuki brush. Any areas with slight redness (i.e.on my cheeks) require a second coat. With a light dusting of powder, this foundation looks fantastic and really does last all day. Yesterday I took a good look at my face at 10pm (applied at 6:30am) and it still looked great. It photographs well too!

I think I'll be buying this over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by M1KEY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is amazing if you're looking for light-medium coverage with a natural finish. Almost like a stain for the face. I will say its a little bit had to blend but once its on it stays and it doesn't move or slide around or get gunky around the nose and it lasts. I will say this wears amazingly. I actually prefer the way it looks at like the 5-7 hour mark which isn't something i can say about any foundation. It just melts into the skin the more you wear it but the coverage is always there. This is amazing for those 10-12 hour days when you want a foundation to last but you don't want or need a medium-full coverage. You don't NEED to set this with a powder but I'll also say if you use powder use less than usual. It can tend to really grab onto powder, so use a little bit, or none at all. this foundation is made to last by itself even without powder. I prefer to not set it with powder at first but at the 5-7 mark i might dust a little bit of powder at that point. Love ~

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by donnaperez7

This is the best foundation I've used so far. I wouldn't say it's my HG but I definitely really like it. I have combo skin and I usually get oily around my t-zone. This foundation does a really good job and keeping the oil at bay for a long time. It is a bit thick but if you use a small amount with a damp sponge it can help sheer down the coverage. I do really like the finish it leaves though it doesn't look too cakey and when I see it on other people I can instantly tell their wearing it because it makes their skin look great without looking like they have a pound of makeup in their face! :)