November 29, 2014 | 1459 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by lrachel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will weep the tears of a thousand thunderstorms if this foundation breaks me out or otherwise freaks out my sensitive skin. I adore the finish. A-D-O-R-E. I am 39 and have pretty decent skin, but was struggling trying to find a foundation that wasn't totally matte (as I preferred in my life before fine lines), had a semi-dewy finish AND doesn't contain SPF (sunscreen breaks me out like crazy). This is it!!! Even my hubs commented on how smooth my skin looks while wearing. Fingers and toes crossed this works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skin Type: Normal-Oily, Sensitive when skin does not agree with certain products
Skin Tone: NC15-20 naturally, NC30-37 or 40 during certain stages of self tanning
Undertone: Strong WARM yellow undertones (yellow undertones can be cool too)
Skin Problems: One or two acne scars, light to mild active acne

I bought this foundation off feelunique.com because it is cheaper and I prefer the pump packaging that the UK is blessed with, as opposed to the cheap squeezy tube Australians and Americans receive. Sounds stupid, but I am a little bit of a snob when it comes to packaging, I like glass bottles lol.

I got this in the shade ivory and kinda guestimated by looking at swatches and heading into my local priceline and various chemist warehouses and swatching the different shades. However I do not know if the formula and shades varies from country to country as the packaging is different. I tested out different shades of the foundation and found ivory the best match for my natural skin, although it was still a tad bit dark. Nothing stark, just not a perfect match, but i wont be nitpicky about that. The undertone is quite neutral, quite pink on my skin, lacks the yellow i desire.

When the foundation arrived, I washed my face and put it on straight away. Application was everything I expected and I was very happy with it in general. Like other reviewers mentioned, it was tacky to the touch right after application, but i do not care so much about it. the finish is extrodinary, very very natural, yet still provides light-medium buildable coverage. i could probably get it to be full coverage after 2 layers, but cant be bothered to be honest. a light-medium coverage is sufficent enough for my liking.

I didnt wear it out that day, so I never got to test the lasting power, but the next day i wore it to school and it lasted pretty well. I didnt touch up or anything, but i did notice some breakdown near my nose and cheeks, generally where my foundation starts to rub off. This is very impressive, as even Estee Lauder Doublewear does not hold up sometimes.

This foundation bears the same distinct 'Rimmel scent' like match perfection and wake me up, a kind of floraly scent, which may offend some people but doesnt bother me too much. You can smell it upon application though. Dont be alarmed, as it does away after some time.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by VillyVonka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did not like this foundation! Stays on for maybe 10 hours and does not rub off, it could been a great foundation if it wouldn't give me these tiny weird pimples everywhere.Gives me acne after 3 days of using it, but it covers my acne and my scars so i will use it up. Would not buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by pikerupert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this due to the glowing reviews and whilst I will continue using it for special occasions, I am not too impressed. The shade selection is pretty poor in my opinion and I normally love Rimmel foundations but this was different - gel-like almost, not really that liquid-y and so I didn't like that. But it's an INSULT to buyers saying it lasts 25 hours. I have very slightly oily skin and this would manage about 6 hours on me. This doesn't compare to other long lasting foundations like Colorstay and I just found this would start to melt very slowly but quite dramatically despite my normal/slightly oily skin! Not pleased.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I have oily acne prone skin, for reference.
I was looking for a decent coverage longwearing foundation, that wouldn't slide off my face in 3 hours and without spf for photographs...

It's a really thick foundation (thicker that revlon colourstay) and can be hard to blend. I prefer to use my fingers or i'll end up with streaks and unblendable dry spots of foundation on my face. So, i find it tricky to blend... It dries fast, you have to be quick blending it. Brushes or sponges don't work with this foundation. It's very had to blend, and it ends looking cakey. With my fingers i'm able to melt the product and apply it evenly, it looks very natural and provides good coverage. Also, it doesn't break me out.

As for coverage, it's definitely medium. It can be buildable, but i don't do that, because i don't want a mask on my face. I can't really feel it, but i feel it to the touch (if that makes sense). It can feel sticky, even with powder (that's a downside to me), after a few hours of wearing.

The finish is natural/satin. I like it. It doesn't look like a mask... It doesn't have much oil control (it doesn't claim it anyway) but oily skins can use it.. you just have to blot a few times a day.

It has less staying power that colourstay. I would say 8 hours top.

The colour is amaaaazing. It's my perfect match. I got 100 ivory, which is the lightest shade available, and on revlon i'm between 150 (buff) and 180 (sand beige). The undertone is yellow... so it's perfect.

I gave it 3 lippies because i like the colour, the coverage and the finish. I would not buy it again because i think there are better options for my skin type. I don't like the sticky feeling and it's not that longwearing on my skin... my skin feels really greasy after 4 or 5 hours... :-/ and not just on my oilier areas, it's everywhere on my face :( also, it tranfers!! i prefer soooo much more my revlon colourstay on the normal to dry skin formula.

It's not an everyday foundation to me, not even for a special ocasion. What's the point of using something that makes me feel greasy after a couple of hours?

To make it more blendable and "wearable", i've been mixing it with bourjois healthy mix or revlon colorstay.

UPDATE:
I stopped using this crap. Makes me want to take it off after two hours of applying it. It feels like i have a paste on. I just can't stand it much time on my face, it slides off, and it just sits on the skin... i don't get why people like this :-/ such a waste of money... So, i only give this one lippie because i can't find a way to use this without wanting to wash my face right away... I think i'm done with rimmel foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Valentinies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation after reading so many positive reviews here. Unfortunately this product just didn't work for me. It feels very thick and heavy on the skin, and while coverage was decent, it's not worth the constant feeling of needing to wash your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bIuehornedmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

*Initial Review*
I was really excited to try this foundation due to the mostly positive reviews but it just did not work for me. After doing some research I decided on the color 202 since a lot of ppl said it's yellow toned and comparable to an NC35 shade. I was torn between 200 which would be more NC30 but decided on the darker since I'll probably get some color during summer. I like the packaging and the consistency. But as soon as I put it on I noticed how my skin sucked it up. I have combination skin and my dry areas were amplified. The area all around my brows looks so bad. I applied it with fingers onto clean skin without any primer. Perhaps fingers isn't the way to apply it.

In my opinion this is a medium leaning toward heavy foundation, it is very buildable. I've been wearing it for a few hours now and I hate how it feels. I didn't set it and my face feels tacky and sticky. If I rub my face it feels like there's residue on it like dried glue or something. I got some suggestions to use a primer and a sponge to apply so I'll give it another go and see if I can make it work, but just based off of this first impression I would not repurchase.

******I returned this shortly after. Just not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jennybeansxo

Eugh. This stuff is my first ever foundation and the cause of my acne breakout. When I started using this, it cause my skin to breakout, a lot. Although, I like the finish on my skin, I would recommend myself to buy this again. Also, it cause my friend to breakout a lot. It is fairly cheap, and lots of people likes it, but this stuff is not my skins forte. xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by crazyjlyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I cant say enough about this foundation. I have repurchased it over and over. I ran out last week, tried another 2 foundations until I could get to the store (MAC Studio Sculpt and very strange Wet n Wild one) and ended up cutting off the tops of my 2 empty 25 Hour foundations to scoop out the rest to get me through.

...:::MY SKIN:::...

An oily bi%#! with a lot of redness, acne marks and blemishes.

...:::PRICE:::... 5/5 Lippies

I pay $8.99 here in Canada (Vancouver, BC)

...:::PACKAGING:::... 4/5 Lippies

The squeeze tube packaging is fine; hygienic, easy to squeeze out the last drop (and if you're desperate, like I have been in the past, easy to cut off the top and dig the rest of the product out with a eyeshadow brush *ahem*

My only complain, is that since this is a very liquidy foundation, when you take the lid off, if youre holding it with the open end down, you may end up spilling some. I dont really know how they could fix this though.

...:::APPLICATION:::...

Ive tried a couple different methods of application with this lil' fella. My favorite way to apply it is I pour a little on the back of my hand, and use my ELF Studio Powder Brush (the flat top one) to stipple it all over my face. I have acne scars and a lot of redness on my chin and upper lip so I start there and stipple outwards and upwards. I then take a clean, dry ELF Studio Powder Brush and gently buff in small circles. I honestly end up with a gorgeous airbrushed look (yeah, I have about 10 of them, I'm obsessed, but that's a whole other review)

...:::COVERAGE:::... 5/5 Lippies.

Medium/ Buildable. I have terrible skin. Im not exaggerating. Its red, bumpy, tons of breakouts, I also have PCOS so i get the wonderful problem of having to deal with hair removal around my chin as well. The coverage in this foundation is phenomenal. Id call it medium, but it leans towards the heavy side without being cakey at all. I can see if you use too much it may end up feeling thick or cakey but Ive never had the issue.

...:::LASTING POWER:::... 4/5 Lippies

My one complaint about this foundation is how long it stays "tacky" for. I set it with Maybelline Dream Matte powder and dont have an issue.

I work long hours. 10-12 hour graveyard shifts. I apply my makeup around 3pm. With NO touchups, but the time my lunch hour rolls around at 2am I'm still good to go, a little oily, but thats my skin being a jerk. I get home around 7am and if I needed to, could do a quick oil control, powder touch up and continue on without the need to redo my foundation.

Ive never had to go 25 hours without taking off my makeup, but I can promise you a solid 12-14 with this stuff.

Like I said, I have repurchased this so many times, and everytime I run out I try a new foundation, but always end up shoving it in the bottom of my makeup drawers and heading to Wal Mart for this one. If they ever discontinued, Id be a mess.

{More Reviews} http://crazydirtylaundry.blogspot.com

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

Wow... this cost me about $11, which over in Norway is unbelievably cheap (bought from feelunique.com). I didn't expect much - I just wanted to try a drugstore foundation because I have tried A LOT of higher end foundations and wasn't all that impressed about the quality compared to the price. Here is a little list for you, just to see what I mean with my "high end" foundations: Kanebo, Lancôme, Chanel, Guerlain, MAC, Dior, Clarins, Make Up For Ever, YSL, Estee Lauder, Helena Rubinstein. The Lasting Finish foundation actually looks like a high end foundation!
I heard a lot of good things about Rimmel although not from MUA. I would actually really like to see exactly how people apply this foundation - I can honestly say that my experience with this is VERY different from most of the negative reviews. Many people say this is caky, but there are a few pictures very close up, of people wearing this, and there is no cakiness. I get the same result as in those pictures. I searched up the ingredients for this foundation, and everything seemed to be fine. I have sensitive skin, so I investigate the ingredients of mostly everything I buy before I buy them.
My skin type is currently normal, getting a little oily in the T-zone during the day. Sensitive skin. Most of the time my skin is pretty clear, but I might get pimples on my forehead and a little bit of adult acne on my jawline. My main concern is covering up hyperpigmentation.
What I want from a foundation: I need light coverage, good longevity and something that isn't drying on my skin - I hate foundations that make the skin look tight. I usually like a satin or slightly glowy finish. I have never managed to achieve a matte foundation look as my skin is prone to dryness and has never looked good with matte foundation on.
This foundation is between creamy and liquidy - it's a thin cream. It therefor spreads well and it's easy to sheer it down to a light-sheer coverage. It might be possible to build this up to medium, but it's quite a moisturizing foundation, so it might look a bit moist if you do. I wouldn't attempt what, I personally, call full coverage with this - it will be sticky and uncomfortable.
I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin. The finish of the foundation is between satin or slightly glowy, depending on how much moisturizer you put on. You may be able to make it matte if you don't use moisturizer at all. It feels comfortable on the skin: hydrating (applied thicker it might feel sticky), BUT you might be able to feel it a tiny bit - this may be annoying to many people. The more you put on, the more you feel this on your skin. Also, this as fragrance in it, which disappears quite fast, but might be annoying to some people anyway.
This foundation isn't bullet proof, but lasts pretty well, but actually fit's dry skin, unlike many other long-lasting foundations. I would say it's transfer resistant - it's better than many other (even high end) foundations. If I touch my face, it doesn't come off on my fingers, but if I wipe my nose with a tissue, it will come off a little, but so would Estee Lauder Double Wear.
On me it doesn't crease, doesn't gather in smile lines, doesn't oxidate and doesn't look caky. It covers pores and looks very natural. I use a foundation brush: the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush works great and blends foundation into pores, which is good for those with big pores that need coverage. I use less than 1 pump for my entire face, jawline and a little bit onto the neck, with a brush, as said.The brush make's a GREAT difference in how this foundation looks! I don't apply this to my eye-area as I prefer something even more moisturizing there.
I'm currently an NC15 in MAC shades. I chose shade 100 - ivory, BUT as far as I have read, shade 103 - true ivory is lighter. Shade 100 is somewhere between a MAC NC20/NW15 - if you're NC15 or planning on using this more heavily, don't buy colour 100, go for 103. Since I apply foundations light, the slight shade mismatch isn't a big problem, but I DO wish I could have shade 103 instead. When you look at the foundation in the bottle it looks quite much darker than it will be on your skin (it goes lighter when you begin to blend it), so try it on your skin, don't just look at the bottle and conclude with that it won't fit you, BUT, if you are under NC/NW15, there are no colours for you.