October 1, 2014 | 1775 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by krsn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

* ABOUT MY SKIN *
- I have combination skin. My t-zone is an oil slick, and I have normal/dry skin everywhere else, with dark acne scars and hyperpigmentation on my chin. Any active acne tends to be very red as well, and my cheeks tend to get a bit red.
- I am Asian with yellow undertones. My colour in MAC (SFF) is NC35.

* PACKAGING & PRICE *
I bought the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation at Shoppers Drug Mart on sale for $6 (CDN). I believe this is around ~$9 at Wal-Mart. This foundation is available in 9 shades. The packaging is a sleek black and clear tube with a twist off opening. The tube itself is not perfect - it tends to spit out too much product with a little squeeze and product also dribbles out of the opening sometimes. I have to store this upside down and lean it against something, or store sideways, which kind of defeats the purpose of the tube. On the plus side, it will probably be very easy to get all of the product out when it is almost empty.

* FORMULA, COLOUR & APPLICATION *
Lasting Finish is a little bit thicker than some liquid foundations, and it is very creamy. The colour in the tube looks WAY off from what the actual colour is like, so try and see if you can test it out first. Like the Fix & Perfect Primer by Rimmel, this foundation has flowery scent. This disappears once you have applied it, but it may bother you if you are sensitive to fragrance. I have this in the colour 202 Nude, which is a near perfect match for my NC35 skin. I'm totally impressed by this because most drugstore foundations are way too pink for me. I also purchased this in 200 Soft Beige to mix with the Nude colour in the winter when I do get paler and closer to NC30. Like another reviewer mentioned, both Soft Beige and Nude have yellow undertones, but the shade in the middle, 201 Classic Beige, may be more suited to someone with a pink undertone. This blends out very smoothly and easily. I am a total newbie with liquid foundation and did not have a problem with this. I have used my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and my ELF flat top powder brush to apply this. It is wet enough that you can blend it out without having it dry up on you but it doesn't take forever to set either. It feels creamy and hydrating when applying but not oily at all. One of the things that I do notice about this foundation is the fact that it stays tacky for a while if you don't set it with a powder. This foundation has more of a satin finish than completely matte, which I like. It does not accentuate dry patches or pores and does not make my oily spots more oily.

* COVERAGE & STAYING POWER *
The coverage of this foundation is surprisingly good. I use a less than a quarter sized amount for my entire face for one layer and it covers SO well. I still have to use a bit of concealer for some hyperpigmentation on my chin just because it's so dark but that's it! I would consider this a medium to full coverage foundation, depending on how you apply it. I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask with this on, and it is not cakey at all on me. Other face makeup applies very smoothly on top of this and seems to stay on MUCH longer with this foundation underneath. This doesn't seem to oxidize noticeably on me. I apply my makeup at around 7 AM every day and I usually don't take my makeup off until 10 or 11 PM. This really does stay on during the day for me. I have an extremely oily t-zone so yes, I will need to blot and powder for my face to look the best, but sometimes I don't (I work in a busy medical office) and I look totally fine at the end of the day. I look dewy and slightly shiny sometimes but the makeup is definitely there and intact. This does last a little longer with a primer underneath and powder on top, but it still lasts a loooong time without too. I remove this with Pond's Cold Cream and a baby wipe, then I wash my face with SpectroJel on my Olay Pro X brush. This foundation has not given me any breakouts. It does not seem to transfer excessively.

* FINAL THOUGHTS *
I think this foundation is fantastic. It's cheap and easy to find. I am super impressed by the colour match, because my skin is so yellow and this matches fairly well. It also photographs well because it doesn't have SPF (which I don't mind). It looks great in all lighting. All in all, I think this is great if you can find a shade that matches you. The colour selection is a little lacking and like most drugstore foundations, fairer and deeper complexions will have a hard time finding a match. I think this would be great for drier/normal skins as it is hydrating and doesn't feel dry. It does not control my oil, so if you have very oily skin, just be aware of that. If you're looking for a foundation that covers well, is a breeze to apply, photographs well and lasts all day, this is definitely worth a try.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by PoppyCorns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation gave the perfect light-medium coverage. But it's buildable. It doesnt get cakey over time. I live in a country where it's summer 24/7 and i have oily skin. After approx. 7 hours, it will start to slip. But then again, with my skin type and weather it isn't surprising. I am in the shade Nude. I would repurchase this product because it is my perfect shade and it stays pretty well. I have tried Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin and that tends to become pretty cakey on me. This product has my blessing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by catherinegosselin

Best drugstore foundation ever. I think I've repurchased this at least 20 times, cause I've been using it religiously for about 4 years now. It gives amazing coverage but still doesn't feel heavy on the ski, and it doesn't break me out. What's nice about the packaging is that once you start running low, you can cut the top and go dig for what's stuck; you get about a week's worth of product you'd be wasting if you didn't! Also you can rinse it out and recycle it, that's super important and you can't do that with hard-plastic bottles like CoverGirl or Revlon. Plus it's only like 10$. Seriously, best stuff ever. If you want something lighter, try their BB Cream! It's basically the same, similar packaging and similar coverage, only lighter.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplover0708

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this Foundation! I like how it looks and feels on the skin! It last all day, and it almost looks as it did when you took it on in the morning :D Its fodent smell bad, i actually like the smell and the smell disapears fast. the only downside is the color range, pale and light skin might find it hard to get a color that matches their skin. I have light to medium with yellow undertones and i picked the 100 and i think it looks great on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Jessinatorx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I originally came across this foundation in my mom's beauty kit. I don't wear foundation often, and had run out of my own. My mother is a similar skin tone, so I stole some of hers. This is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. I applied it at around 2 PM, went to a concert that night, and still had foundation when I got home around 1 AM. VERY impressed with how long it lasted. I bought my own tube last week. I paid $6.50. What a steal!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by bmoran2

Really good stuff. Better than colorstay. Just about the same coverage as colorstay without looking like 10 pounds of makeup. Looks dewy without powder. Cheap. Colors are dark, but you can easily lighten them with Manic Panic white foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by acrobats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I come back to this foundation over and over... my HG. Awesome coverage and it LASTS. I apply it with a big "airbrush" foundation brush and it looks great. I also sometimes use this just over areas that need coverage - under eyes, over blemishes - almost like a concealer, before a lighter powder foundation and its great for that too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gah. This was almost a big hit but it has a few flaws I can't look over. First (and obviously this won't be a flaw for everyone) they don't have a color to suit my skintone. I'm very pale and have pink undertones. I bought the "ivory" one and let me just say, what were they thinking when they named this "ivory"? It's actually orangish-brown compared to my skintone. I just can't pull it off because of that. Also, it feels like it doesn't set onto your skin. Like, you put it on and then if you touch your face your face almost feels sticky or oily even though it wasn't oily before. You would want to powder pretty well if you wore this. I haven't really gotten that feeling with other foundations where it just feels oily right after you put it on. It wasn't shiny or anything but when you actually felt your face it was a bizarre feeling. It does have amazing coverage but I found that it could look cakey when applied the wrong way. I applied it with a flat-top brush to get good coverage but then I had to go back and pat my face with my damp blending sponge, otherwise it would have looked too cakey.
I wish it came in a color suitable for me, and didn't feel weird on my skin. The coverage was a big plus with this and I don't think I've found the coverage in another drugstore foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by mimi4makeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this foundation... I have dry, medium- toned skin. My color in 200 soft beige is perfect for my skin tone. I was a bit concerned with it feeling "cakey" on my dry skin, but I've been using it for two weeks with out a problem. *useful tip* apply with fingers, not a foundation brush and gently press into skin around "dry areas".

I love that it's a plastic tube so that I can control how much product I use. The only reason I didn't rate this 5 "lippies" is because of the color range... the company should provide a wider range of color to accommodate more skin tones.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by BrizzyB

I was looking forward to this foundation, but was so disappointed!.. I'm a light shade, this foundation has way to much of an orange cast or undertone! & I couldn't blend it out it just dried so fast on me! I use different primers with different tools, beauty blender, Real Technique brushes & nothing just sat their and it was just a night mare! Never will I buy this ever again!!!!