August 22, 2014 | 1644 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd like to like this coz its refreshing and doesnt clog my pores or cause acne. the ingridients is bad for your skin , coz it has alcohol denature in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by lullabella

I looove this, it is so refreshing and light and perfect for my oily skin :D I can't even explain how soothing this feels on a hot day. also, my make up goes on so nice and smooth over top and because it's a watery oil free gel, my make up stays matte for way longer! I just used up my 3rd jar of it.
buut after reading one of the reviews below, I realized that this moisturizer is the reason that my sunscreens don't go on smoothly anymore. I was wondering why the sudden change in my sunscreens haha but it's not a problem for me, I only use this when I know I will be indoors all day. If I need spf I use the aveeno moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by xChocobunny

I really like this moisturizer! I have combo skin (normal-dry cheek with an oily t-zone) and it manages to keep both types of skin feeling plump and moisturized. A little bit of this goes a long way. It has a light pleasent scent and goes on really smoothly. I have only used this as a nighttime moisturizer and therefore have not tried this under my makeup (I use Garnier's moisture rescue with spf15 in the morning under my makeup). It is really light on the skin, but keeps it moisturized and plump throught the night and even until I woke up. Upon application there is a slight cooling sensation.
The only con I can think of is the packaging. It's not that hygenic as you have to dip your fingers in, but I can see the problem if the added a pump- it would exert too much product. It is also in a glass jar, it could chip and break which would just really suck. Would totally buy again for $6 as you do not need that much product for the face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by noname4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like it over sunscreen or after I shower/wash my face and I don't need to apply sunscreen or other products. I sometimes use it at night when I don't want something heavier or when it is hot and I want something cool and light. I think for the price it is a great option.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by elleLace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd like to say that I love Garnier products. I love their toners, washes, shampoos, you name it. My skin usually likes their stuff a lot and I have very sensitive skin, so finding something that doesn't irritate is nice. Unfortunately, this moisturizing gel hit a miss. I don't know what exactly is in it. (I read the ingredient list and it was mostly stuff that had awful chemical names, which surprised me. I looked up a few and they were "synthetic" chemicals in replacement of real ones. After using it for 2 or 3 days straight I think it started to give me a bit of a rash.
Although, I'd like to say this stuff applied uniquely. I think it went on light, thin, spread easy with very little product. I don't feel like it moisturized much for me, but if you have oily skin, this stuff would be great for you! It really is thin and not greasy one bit.
It has a nice refreshing scent but it has a "cooling" ingredient which is a synthetic form of menthol which I dislike the feeling of greatly.
One last thing, I couldn't wear this stuff under my BB creams. (I know I didn't have to but sometimes I forgot.) It would clump up and get a weird texture and just didn't blend at all. I'd assume it would be the same with a SPF lotion. Terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Makeupprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, I was seeking a cheaper product and this missed the mark! It did not work well with a sunscreen and I tried several. Very disappointing so I will stick with my more expensive moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to say this is the best moisturizer I have ever used. I have oily, acne prone skin. Every moisturizer I have ever tried has either irritated, broken me out, left me an oil slick, or done absolutely nothing. This leaves me with wonderfully soft hydrated skin that lasts for hours... put on before bed my skin is still soft the next morning. It does not break me out, leaves a natural non-greasy finish on my skin, does not increase oil production during the day, and wears fantastic under makeup. It dries to a smooth non-tacky finish, and feels like nothing is on your face. The texture is a cream-gel, which sounds weird, but is the most accurate I can think of. It's definitely gel, but slightly thick, slightly opaque, and will not run or drip. A little goes a long way, one dip of the tip of my finger will do my whole face... so it lasts a long time. Very cooling and refreshing, it feels like your skin just took a drink of water. Light fresh scent. Does not irritate your eyes, or taste bad.

The packaging is a glass container with a screw on top, I find it convenient but some may have a problem with the fact that you have to dip out the product. Since I apply it right after I clean my face and hands it doesn't bother me. Retails for around $10-$12, but is often on sale or has coupons available.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkseaoyster

Love it soo much!!! I have super oily and acne-prone skin. Even though i have oily skin idk why but my foundations have been looking very cakey and flakey lately so i decided to switch out my moisturizer. I got this because its in a gel form and oil free. Makeup just glides perfectly on top of it and it absorbs into the skin right away without looking oily. It works really well for me but i dont think it will be good for someone with very dry and sensitive skin since there's fragrance and alcohol in it and its not too moisturizing. Its perfect for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by aZnPriDe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My HG moisturizer!!! I absolutely love this product. I specifically like that it's a gel-cream, so I don't get that heavy, creamy feeling that I get from other moisturizers. It absorbs quickly, and it doesn't just lay on top of your skin. It's definitely hydrating, and the smell is nice. You don't even need to use that much. One tiny jar lasts me for a few months!
I would love for it to have some SPF, but that isn't a deal breaker for me.
I have tried so many different skincare products, but this moisturizer is the only thing that I have not changed in my skincare routine. I love it!<3

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Firefly80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried a sample that came in a magazine and I thought that it worked well. Bought that full size and used it for almost a week. My skin became drier and itchy. It was horrible for me. Got rid of it and went back to my lovely Oil of Olay. My skin is so much better now.