Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 11/30/2012 12:30:00 PM

HG moisturizer for sure.

Every other facial moisturizer I use, and I have used a ton of different kinds, sits on top of my skin, makes it tacky, and/or rubs off in greasy, adipose bits especially along my jawline. GROSS. For a long time I used no moisturizer at all because so many of them were so nasty.

NOT this gel. It is GORGEOUS.

It is cool, silky, sinks right into my skin, NEVER leaves it feeling sticky or greasy, never leaves any residue. This is the only moisturizer I can use and my skin loves it!

It also smells lovely and I LOVE the jar packaging which makes it super easy to get just as much as I need without having to pump some stupid plastic squirt bottle.

I found a review of this from youtube. I needed a new moisturizer and thought I would try it out. I LOVE IT! I've had it for a week and I am absolutely considering this as my new HG moisturizer. My sister tried it as well and bought one for herself! I'm so glad I found this item. I'm a teenager in high school and I'm also Asian. My skin only gets super oily around my nose and around my cheek and forehead it only gets a little oily. I use this in the morning, after I shower and right before I go to bed. This item saved my skin. I love the scent- it smells like fresh cucumbers! And the gel consistency helps my skin soak up all the products. My skin is super acne prone and never feels smooth. Ever since I used this product, my skin has become a lot smoother and my makeup application is a lot better. A little tip is that I pat it on my cheeks, leaving a thin layer so my skin is able to soak up more when I sleep. In the morning my skin feels refreshed! I like the packaging. It's in a cute little tub. I just dip my fingers in it and i'm ready to go! I will buy this product again when I run out!

on 11/27/2012 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin is still recovering from the mess this stuff made. It broke me out in large, painful whiteheads, something I haven't experienced in a long time. My skin is combo-oily, sensitive, clog-prone. I was looking for a light moisturizer for the colder months and thought this would fit the bill, especially after reading so many positive reviews. It felt very nice going on, smooth and easy to spread. It had a light, tolerable fragrance. Sadly, it made my skin super oily throughout the day. No matter how little or how much I applied, I always ended up with an oily, zitty mess by the end of the day. I tried it for almost two weeks, but never could get it to cooperate with my skin. Back it goes!

on 11/24/2012 7:55:00 PM

I have combination skin, and I wanted a gel moisturizer, beacuse I don't particularly like the feel of white cream moisturizers with spf, the greasy kind that smells like sunscreen. I LOVE this! It takes the tiniest amount, and soaks into the skin with ease, and feels so cooling and refreshing. It has a faint smell, but is cucumbery and fresh, I love it! I bought this because I ran out of my clinique moisture surge moisturizer, the pink gel. This is the best dupe I've found, they're EXACTLY the same, with about a third of the price! Not at all greasy, refreshing, and moisturizing. Love this design, the packaging even look high-end and nice :) Definateley using this for a long, long time.

on 11/17/2012 1:25:00 AM

I love this product! I have acne prone skin that gets super shiny throughout the day- and this stuff worked for me! It went on so well under my makeup and didn't make me break out or have a shiny nose! Will defiantly be buying this again!

on 11/3/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Love this moisturizer! I have very oily skin, but it can be dry on my cheeks and due to use of Retin-A. Skin needs moisture, no matter how oily it is, so this is my HG moisturizer. It doesn't make my skin feel sticky or heavy like regular lotions/moisturizers - just a light, gentle moisturizer. It's a much better value than Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, which is great, but pricey.

on 10/29/2012 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I Freakin' luff this schtuff (excuse my goofy spelling :3) The first day i bought this i was in love with it. There is no way this product got bad reviews. I don't particularly need moisture but it's still an amazing product. And a little goes a very long way. I barely poke my pinky in there and that's more than enough. Will definitely purchase again and again!

on 10/27/2012 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this product!

on 10/19/2012 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This moisturizer is good, not amazing, but it is good!
I use it morning and night- I kind of mix it up with my other moisturizers because to be honest, I don't find this product moisturizing enough for my liking. I think if you have oily skin and you're that kind of person who HATES those moisturizers that give you that greasy/oily feel, this moisturizer is for you- it's SO light, and absorbs into your skin instantly. And no, it does not give you an "oily" finish. In the summertime, when my skin is actually considered oily, I love using this stuff, of course, I have to wear a sunscreen over it, but either way, it's great! Plus, it's a GEL so it feels cold on your skin, which I've notived wakes me up in the morning and makes me feel so refreshed, I love it. The smell of this is UNREAL! It's SOOOOOOOOOO good, like, I can't even explain- it smells very much like that typical Garnier smell- very fruity, like fresh grapes. Ingredient wise, it's pretty good- there is a high amount of alcohol which isn't necessarily "bad" but if you have dry skin, stay away from this product unless you like moisturizers that are extremely light. There is also grape extract like most other Garnier skincare products. There is also vitamins like B6, C, and E. There are also ingredients that help smooth the skin, so this can definitely be great to wear under makeup. For the packaging, yes, it is in a tub, but if you're not a huge bacteria-freak, than it's not a big deal- I actually prefer moisturizers in tubs like this, I don't know why, it is just a lot more classy-looking, to me.
The price is not too bad, consiering what you're getting from this product. It usually ranges from $8 to $12. Not too too bad.
If you do have more normal to dry skin, Garnier sells a moisturizer that is pretty much like this one, only it's an actual cream, but same exact packaging and everything. I might try that one and then make a review!

But, would I reccomend this moisturizer? Definitely. Again, if you have combo/oily skin, this is super lightweight and it feels cool on the skin in the morning. One bad side, there is NO SPF. Garnier does sell SPF moisturizers though, and those have very similar ingredients to this product.

Hope this review has helped you! :)

on 10/15/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Very lightweight product that went on smoothly and felt very refreshing. However, it was not very moisturizing. My face has recently gone from very dry to combo dry/oily (if that makes any sense). So I like that it is light for the oily parts of my face but not moisturizing at all for the dry parts of my face. Smells good though, great glass packaging (makes it feel high-end) and not a horrible product.