October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Angelistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the product thinking it would help with my skin, which is sensitive-acne prone-combination. This product made my skin feel smoother, and softer by morning. However, it did not do anything for my acne, or t-zone.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kittyandtito

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this was such a cool idea, especially in the summer for my oily skin. I was so excited about this product and even used it for about 3 weeks, but the fact was that it left my skin dry looking, made my makeup look cakey and made me breakout into multiple large cystic acne. My face looked terrible. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I, too, do not understand all the good reviews for this. I needed a moisturizer...key word there is 'Moisturizer'. This is not hydrating at all. I thought the packaging looked nice, was sucked in by the marketing/advertising...and the fact it was a gel. I kept it in the fridge which made it feel amazing going on..nice cold gel. But that's where the positives end. It doesn't feel moisturizing once on, it feels more like I put toner on my face. Didn't soften, hydrate, improve appearance, or anything. After 3 days of using my face was SUPER dry and I ended up buying Olay Complete Sensitive Skin Moisturizer instead. The gel idea is interesting, but I really do not get how this is classified as a moisturizer...it's anything but.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by hobbygolightly

I love the way this product makes my skin look and feel. Smooth and clear without any oil. I don't love that it contains alcohol, but it doesn't dry my skin out so I should get over it. Unhygienic packaging, but if you use it with clean hands, as I do, you shouldn't have a problem. I just use it under my eyes and on my cheeks during the day and all over my face at night. It doesn't break me out either. My skin looks better than it has in a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely dry skin so I thought i'd try this out. This is the first product i've ever used from the Garnier Moisture Rescue line. I really LOVE the feeling it gives when you first put it on. It feels cold, (almost like its been refrigerated) and has kind of a cucumber / light apple scent. It is SO refreshing. It says it has apple water in it. The moisturizer dries down very quickly on my skin, leaving it not greasy or sticky like when you put on a regular lotion, but hydrated and normal. I also have noticed a bit of shine control with this. I really love this product and may buy it again, however I am not sure if its going to be thick/heavy duty enough for the winter months when my skin gets flaky. And the cold apple/cucumber feel is more suited towards summer :) But overall great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by marmiran23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has got to be the worst "moisturizer" I have ever used. I don't even understand how this product made it to the shelves. It should be called a "dehydrator" because it made my skin a dry flakey mess. It does contain alcohol, like the 1st or 2nd ingredient, and boy oh boy do you feel it. I am truly puzzled by all the great reviews for this. Please don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

Goodness, I don't know where all these great reviews are coming from. This product was terrible. ): My skin did not absorb it at all and it just sat on top of my skin and did nothing but dried it out, it seemed. The bottle was totally cute and it smelled great, but it did not do anything for me. Overall, I'm not a big Garnier fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Been using this for a while and I have to admit I really like it. First of all, i LOVE the smell. It smells like apples or grapes and its really refreshing. I'm a fan of gel moisturizers and this one is one of the nicest in my opinion. It absorbs fast into my skin, doesn't leave me feeling oily and doesn't leave a greasy residue on my skin. Feels very soft and smooth. Doesn't really make acne any better or worse. It has never broken me out but it doesn't really help acne either but it's not made as an acne moisturizer so I expected that. As for the packaging I wish it had come in a pump bottle or even a squeeze tube. I don't like having to put my fingers in the jar and dig out what I want. It's hard to go the right amount that way and it's kind of messy. Hard to travel with because I'm pretty sure it's a glass jar and would definitely break if dropped. Also the ingredients aren't that great for your skin. Apparently it has alcohol in it which isn't very comforting. I would be even more of a fan if it had better or more natural ingredients. I always have to think twice about buying it because of that. However, it's never hurt my skin yet but maybe over time it will. Not sure. I will continue to use this until I find something better. Overall it is a nice product, just gonna keep an eye out for other things. Wouldnt call this a holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Claudy21

I was looking for an actual moistureizer that didn't leave my skin super oily. I mostly use this at night before going to bed. My face has never looked better. My eye area is always super dry and this has def helped it. Everytime I see it on sale I make super to stock up. A lil goes a long way :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by irvinjon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd like to like this coz its refreshing and doesnt clog my pores or cause acne. the ingridients is bad for your skin , coz it has alcohol denature in it.