November 28, 2014 | 848 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

This moisture gel is a great product for summer. It's light and fresh. It works well for my combination skin. Quickly absorbs and has a light refreshing scent. It was priced at $8.00 or so at my local drug store and came in a more expensive looking glass jar. I am taking points off for that. That jar is very appealing, however I tend not to like jars for sanitary reasons and wish it was plastic as glass would shatter all over my marble floor. I am on my second jar so it's definitely something I would purchase again in summer months.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by jacqc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Me: oily-combo and semi clog-prone. I bought this because I heard it was a dupe for my beloved Clinique moisture surge at a fraction of then cost. I have to say it's not quite a dupe. Compared to moisture surge, this is thinner/more "gel" than "cream." It's also not as moisturizing as moisture surge. It also absorbs within seconds and leaves no sticky or greasy feeling. This would've worked great for me for summer had it not broken me out. It was the only change I made in my skincare routine and I got two cystic breakouts - one on the side of my nose and one on the non-phone-using side of my face/cheek. It cost me ~$7 at Target, much better than the ~$45 for moisture surge, but I won't repurchase because it's not moisturizing enough and it broke me out. This would be good for very oily-skinned people. I might try the dry skin version (pink one) instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by OhhhDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG daytime moisturizer. It is so light and applies on to skin so easily (and with such a small amount, too!). I apply this in the morning before applying my makeup. It makes my skin feel smooth without being too heavy or greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Angelistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the product thinking it would help with my skin, which is sensitive-acne prone-combination. This product made my skin feel smoother, and softer by morning. However, it did not do anything for my acne, or t-zone.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kittyandtito

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this was such a cool idea, especially in the summer for my oily skin. I was so excited about this product and even used it for about 3 weeks, but the fact was that it left my skin dry looking, made my makeup look cakey and made me breakout into multiple large cystic acne. My face looked terrible. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I, too, do not understand all the good reviews for this. I needed a moisturizer...key word there is 'Moisturizer'. This is not hydrating at all. I thought the packaging looked nice, was sucked in by the marketing/advertising...and the fact it was a gel. I kept it in the fridge which made it feel amazing going on..nice cold gel. But that's where the positives end. It doesn't feel moisturizing once on, it feels more like I put toner on my face. Didn't soften, hydrate, improve appearance, or anything. After 3 days of using my face was SUPER dry and I ended up buying Olay Complete Sensitive Skin Moisturizer instead. The gel idea is interesting, but I really do not get how this is classified as a moisturizer...it's anything but.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by hobbygolightly

I love the way this product makes my skin look and feel. Smooth and clear without any oil. I don't love that it contains alcohol, but it doesn't dry my skin out so I should get over it. Unhygienic packaging, but if you use it with clean hands, as I do, you shouldn't have a problem. I just use it under my eyes and on my cheeks during the day and all over my face at night. It doesn't break me out either. My skin looks better than it has in a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely dry skin so I thought i'd try this out. This is the first product i've ever used from the Garnier Moisture Rescue line. I really LOVE the feeling it gives when you first put it on. It feels cold, (almost like its been refrigerated) and has kind of a cucumber / light apple scent. It is SO refreshing. It says it has apple water in it. The moisturizer dries down very quickly on my skin, leaving it not greasy or sticky like when you put on a regular lotion, but hydrated and normal. I also have noticed a bit of shine control with this. I really love this product and may buy it again, however I am not sure if its going to be thick/heavy duty enough for the winter months when my skin gets flaky. And the cold apple/cucumber feel is more suited towards summer :) But overall great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by marmiran23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has got to be the worst "moisturizer" I have ever used. I don't even understand how this product made it to the shelves. It should be called a "dehydrator" because it made my skin a dry flakey mess. It does contain alcohol, like the 1st or 2nd ingredient, and boy oh boy do you feel it. I am truly puzzled by all the great reviews for this. Please don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

Goodness, I don't know where all these great reviews are coming from. This product was terrible. ): My skin did not absorb it at all and it just sat on top of my skin and did nothing but dried it out, it seemed. The bottle was totally cute and it smelled great, but it did not do anything for me. Overall, I'm not a big Garnier fan.