July 28, 2014 | 2074 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 7:05:00 AM More reviews by washati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after receiving a $2 off coupon from bzzagent. My fine, thin, curly hair needs all the help it can get combating my daily flatiron, and I'm a sucker for a new product. I applied Step 1 as directed to shampooed hair, and left it alone for 20 minutes. The smell is wretched, but can be ignored. I then rinsed and went for Step 2, ensuring the product covered my hair from roots to ends. Out came the dusty blow dryer, and I pulled hair taut with a round brush to the best of my ability. It dried in 15 minutes, almost half the time of a normal blow dry. I was left with sleek, silky strands that rivaled the picture on the box. A quick pass with the flatiron, and I have totally smooth, free-moving hair with no hold or stickiness. Beautiful! Never thought I could achieve this look at home with my piddly, non-saln quality styling tools. Day 2 is here and the results have lasted, though I can't speak for the seven shampoos. Will definitiely repurchase, though it is kind of time-consuming.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by MorganC1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was super excited to try this product after seeing the commercial. My hair is medium to thick and fine, except for the bottom half of the hairshaft, where it frizzes horribly. Followed the instructions, dealt with the horrible egg smell for 20 minutes and rinsed. My hair now is literally like straw. It's in the worst shape it's EVER been!!! If my hair doesn't fall out, it will be a miracle!! SAVE YOUR HAIR AND YOUR MONEY!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by kmb584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have wavy, frizzy hair that takes a lot of effort to get under control so when I saw this product at the drugstore I couldn't help but purchase it. It seemed like such a great concept and it would have been.. if it worked.

I followed the directions word for word and have seen very minimal results in the 5 days since I applied the treatment. That first day my hair *did* come out a lot straighter and less frizzy when I blew it dry but the results stopped there. I should also mention that my hair felt like straw after I used a flat iron that day, and every day since for that matter. After washes I haven't seen much difference in the amount of frizz and am required to use all of the products that I did beforehand.

I'd also like to address the smell. I understand that it's a chemical process but they should consider inserting a scent package to be added. I'm a wound care nurse and the mom of a toddler and when I say that this is, hands down, the absolute worst thing that I have ever smelled I'm not joking, and that says a lot. I had both bathroom windows open, the exhaust fan and a floor fan on and an odor-neutralizing candle but nothing seemed to help. The perfecting cream doesn't smell that great either but it's a step up.

All in all, this is not something that I'd purchase again. It might be an awesome product for some people but not for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by italianfashion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It smells like rotten eggs or skunk. I started dry heaving when I put it on my head. I could not leave it on 20 minutes more like 5. I washed it off and smell is still there. I started getting lightheaded. The package said if you are allergic to Thiol do not use this. I thought it was chemical in hair dye which I have used. I googled it and its a sulfur compound.

I may have a slight allergy since I am allergic to sulfur antibiotics.

My hair is a little straighter but I would not use this again I am still nauseous.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by g60girl

I received this free from Allure to try and review. I read the instructions and followed them to the letter to make sure I didn't have any problems with damaged hair, etc. I just finished blow drying and my hair feels smooth, fairly soft, and no breakage, etc. I have not flat ironed yet and my hair looks smoother than when I normally blow dry and flat iron especially the front and sides which are normally frizzy and wavy.
Pros: hair is not damaged, looks smooth with less frizz
Cons: the smell YUCK (both steps smell bad), the price this would be a pricey step to add weekly, the time investment. I cannot see myself doing this on a regular basis but I *MAY* use this for a special event or vacation so my frizz is easier to deal with.
I will come back and edit after shampooing, etc.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Risa01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review may be premature, as I just used it today, but I still wanted to share my experience thus far. I will update after a few washings.

So for now...I read the instuctions carefully, and waited the full two weeks it said to wait after coloring. I had purchased it last week and it's just been sitting staring at me, but I wanted to wait it out just to be safe. My hair is slightly past my shoulders, medium texture, naturally wavy-curly, highlighted blonde(double process). I straighten my hair with a blowdryer about twice a week and usually just use a flat iron around my hairline.

I washed my hair and did not condition as stated on the instructions, towel dried and applied the serum. Yes, the 20 minute serum stinks. However, I opened the windows in my room and turned on the ceiling fan, and it wasn't bad at all. I did not end up using all the serum. I would say I used about 80%, enough to coat my hair, and then I combed through. After the 20 minutes I rinsed for about 3 minutes. Then I applied the perfecting lotion, again,not using it all. Your hair will feel heavy, slick and it will take an extra long time to dry. It normally takes me 10-15 minutes to blow it straight, but with this it took close to 20 because your hair is SO saturated.

The result? Well, there was no hair loss or breakage like the first reviewer had. My hair feels soft, and looks straight, but no better than when I do it myself without this product. In fact, my ends do like drier than usual. Do I love it? No. Would I buy it again? Maybe. It all depends on how it looks tomorrow morning, and after another washing. If it holds up overnight- because MY blowouts never do- I will be thrilled and definitely repurchase. I just wanted to let people know that not everyone will have the scary experience other reviewers have had, and if you are really curious, as I was, to go ahead and give it a try.
*UPDATE* 8/22/10 Ok, so this product is not good at all. I have since washed and dried it twice, and been outside in insane humidity. I find the only pro about this product is that I am able to straighten my hair easier with a blowdryer. That's IT. I also agree now with the reviews below..YES it will dry your hair out!! While my hair felt soft the first day, my hair is now sooo dry and no deep conditioner can make it better. I too had to cut off about an inch and half of hair last night. It also does not help with humidity. I had dinner outside with my husband the other night and when I came back inside my hair was a disaster. A complete dried out frizzball. Garnier needs to take this off the market, and go back to the drawing board! My sincere apologies if anyone went and tried it after my first review!!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

NOTE: I haven't bought nor tried this product, thus my average rating since I didn't want to go either way.

BUT! I just had to say that I've seen this in the store, & have read over the package even within the fine lines. It says on the box, in very small print mind you, that this is NOT for damaged, dry hair. If your hair is damaged & hopelessly dry this isn't going to work for you, so says the box. I just thought i would put a warning on here for people who are looking to buy, since the box says that it isn't meant for damaged/dry hair.

I just want to prevent people from a disaster like a few reviews had, so note that this isn't the BKT [Brazilian Keratin Treatment] which I assume it's trying to mirror, because I've had that. So if you have damaged hair & think that it might make it silky smooth, note that it -might- not work for you. There might be some that it does, but this was just to let people know to read the box carefully, & then make your decision from there. :)

[edit]
i'm rating this a zero since i saw how many people tried it & it either melted or fried their hair. again i haven't tried it, but from all of the negative reviews...girls, i wouldnt even attempt it. there have only been a few that it has actually worked for. so, with these kind of odds, i wouldn't even risk it. i think garnier has really, really gone backwards in terms of quality & i would stay FAR away from this product. it's just a VERY cheap alternative to the brazilian keratin treatment, which does the same thing but ACTUALLY WORKS. so, if you think you can achieve that for 10 bucks, then just think about it for a minute & put it down. it's not worth risking your hair over, unless you have nothing to lose i guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by sgml

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been relaxing my wild hair for 20 years and I've tried everything in my quest for frizz-free hair. This product worked very well - left my hair soft and smooth to the touch and dried very quickly. I use Phyto to relax my hair every 6-8 months and I can use this as a great way to retouch for very little $$.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by danceteacher

I had the exact to the tee, experience as mom2go! I tried re-rinsing, my hair just wouldnt dry when i blow dried it, I have been describing it as a waxy feeling on my hair, but mom2go describes it best as MELTED!!!! Im so devastated! I called to complain about the product and the first woman i talked to kept telling me about how they have only gotten good reviews, i got pretty mad since i had SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE, and she yelled at me and hung up, the 2nd person i talked to was a bit better, she gave me my $10 back for the product...like i care, my hair that i have been trying to grow out for almost 2 years is destroyed... I absolutely hate this product and do not recommend it to anyone!!!! I wish I had read more review before trying it. Its been 11 days and my hair is no better, I cant even brush it, and when i do, pieces of it fall out - some full strands, but mostly broken off pieces!!! Im just going to live in conditioner from now on and hope that it does something... :( Im so upset

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 7:08:00 AM More reviews by beauitfulvixen

I can imagine how the first review is going to completely terrify others into not trying this product, when I first read it myself I got a little nervous, however I'm just a little daring and in my opinion it's just hair, it grows back!

I used this product following every instruction step by step, after having read and re-read the instructions and precautions section. I didn't use the entire bottle for the process of step 1, I used enough to completely saturate my hair, combed it through and timed it. I felt the step 1 product in my hair while washing it, it's as if there's a very heavy feeling product in your hair, after washed for a few minutes it was completely rinsed out and my hair felt "normal" again. I followed through step 2 of the process and proceeded to blow dry and straighten my hair without complication.

I did not have any hair fall out or "melt", just found myself with silky soft smooth hair that took less time to style and straighten than usual.

I am a bzzzagent and received this product as a product test, but this review is my honest opinion and experience.