Dior DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

4.1

Water, paraffin, C18-36 acid triglyceride, carnauba wax, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, palmitic acid, stearic acid, triethanolamine, beeswax, acacia Senegal gum, hydroxyethycellulose, phenoxyethanol, tocopheryl acetate, sodium hyaluronate, artemia extract, hydrolyzed soy protein, pentylene glycol, potassium sorbate, BHT

on 10/24/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have short, straight Asian lashes (recently made longer with RevitaLash). I'm a bit of an eyelash fanatic. I was hesitant to buy this since I didn't want to add another step to my morning routine, but after reading reviews I decided to give it a go. It makes my eyelashes longer, thicker, well-defined without being clumpy and holds curl all day. It's easy to remove. Though it adds another product to my daily routine, I don't think it actually takes anymore time because I have to do just one quick swipe with my mascara now, instead of what I used to do which was the wiggle-swipe-repeat x20 routine. The only downside is price (this plus mascara comes to about $60 which seems a little ridiculous for my eyelashes....and yet...). When I bought this I came straight home and removed my eye makeup and put this and mascara on. About five minutes later, while milling around the kitchen my boyfriend said (not knowing I had a new product), "Wow. Your eyelashes look really long today." This product is a keeper!! Not quiet a HG, but works like a charm and I definitely love it.

on 10/8/2011 3:16:00 AM

This does nothing for my lashes. It takes a long time to dry and when it is applied under mascara it removes the volume if anything and makes the lashes straight. The white shade is just a gimmick to make people think it's a serum rather than a mascara. They could easily produce this in a black shade but it makes the person applying it believe there is a greater impact because their lashes are transformed from white to black after they've applied their mascara.
I haven't noticed any difference to the length or volume of my lashes but if I do I will add it to this review. I would not buy this again.

on 10/3/2011 5:10:00 AM

This is a fantastic primer to be applied before the mascara. Just a light coat will make my lashes look even longer and thicker than before. I don't mind it being white and not transparent in colour as the white can't be seen once I go over it with my mascara. Less is more with the lash plumping serum and you must be careful not to apply too much as it can cause your clashes to clump together. Now that I've seen the differences that this products makes to my lashes, I'm never going without it again. It's expensive @SGD 46, but I will certainly repurchase.

on 9/27/2011 7:57:00 PM

Absolutely astonishing! Lengthens, lifts, and thickens dramatically. I use a tubing mascara over it (EL, L'Oreal, Kevyn Aucoin, and others) and everything stays put until I'm ready to wash my face in the evening, despite my tendency to squint and my oily eyelids. I'm very impressed.

on 9/24/2011 12:23:00 PM

An amazing lash primer. I have not used the Shiseido one so I can't make that comparison, but it definitely performs better than most primers. I have medium length lashes that are longer in the middle of the eye and shorter at the outer corners, which can be frustrating when I try to apply mascara at the outer end, but this product really evens out my lash volume and length! You can see the volume and length it adds since the serum is white. Amazing consistency - very creamy without weighing down lashes. I feel that it really conditions them. I wear it with mascara during the day and as a night time before treatment. Would not rec applying until right before bed though, as you may find all the additional length and volume without mascara to be uncomfortable.

Would buy again but it is quite expensive, but better alternative to Revitalash.

on 9/18/2011 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Ok so this product has dramatically improved my eyelash growth and appearance. I have had my tube for over 6 months now and it shows no signs of even being close to finished, or even drying out. I usually use it to prime before mascara, and occasionally at night. It does not blend well with all mascaras, and can sometimes make your lashes look very light. You have to find the perfect combo. I use covergirl lash blast. My lashes look huge, and are very black with this combo. Love this stuff.

on 9/18/2011 1:23:00 AM

Yes, this is expensive but I really think it helps strengthen my lashes and when you put mascara over this, my lashes pop! They look so long and so dark and it really gives my lashes a lot of volume. I bought this product on a whim and I'm really happy I did. When I don't wear this under my mascara, I definitely notice a different. I love this stuff!

on 9/9/2011 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Wow wow wow! I'm getting quite skeptical the more beauty products I buy, but this is my HG! It's rare for me. The effect is probably not that dramatic, but it's such a nice primer! It curls my lashes and holds the curl all day (my shu uemura curlers are left untouched) and it's not a bitch to remove (like Shiseido was, though more dramatic). I don't know about the lash growth, but it does condition nicely, my lashes are healthier. It's a staple, I can't imagine applying a mascara without it.

on 9/5/2011 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this from Sephora, and WOW - it makes my eyelashes SO long! I haven't tried it out as a serum, but it's an amazing primer. It does tend to make my mascara smudge a little, which is why I'm giving it a 4 instead of a 5 - but WOW - the length I get is amazing. I've never had such long lashes in my life.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This stuff is awesome. It makes my eye lashes look fuller, more curled and wonderful. This is definitely HG for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials