Dior DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

4.1

Water, paraffin, C18-36 acid triglyceride, carnauba wax, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, palmitic acid, stearic acid, triethanolamine, beeswax, acacia Senegal gum, hydroxyethycellulose, phenoxyethanol, tocopheryl acetate, sodium hyaluronate, artemia extract, hydrolyzed soy protein, pentylene glycol, potassium sorbate, BHT

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

After using this for only a week I already feel compelled to write a review pn this. In a nutshell I have reasonable length lashes that are blonde. I like to wear black mascara as I like my eyes to stand out. I also love volume along with length and have been trying to find mascara for years that gives me a good combination of everything a woman wants in her lashes. Upon buying an addict lipstick I questioned this at the counter and decided to give it a go. It is very expensive but I feel a little goes a long way and as this is a creme primer it won't dry up generally like a mascara would. I have been using this during the day underneath my regular mascara and at night as a lash serum. My lashes have grown fuller and slightly longer. With mascara on top it looks like lash inaerta. My lashes look so lush and thick, ive never been so happy with them. Unless Dior produces a coloured version of this, I will always repurchase its just that hood.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This lash primer is amazing! On days that I want/need to wear full makeup I use this with my Fiberwig mascara and it looks amazing- volume and length are perfect! I swear I think this primer/"serum" has made my lashes a bit longer and thicker. Must try longer to find out!

on 7/28/2011 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I purchased this at our NM, and was very disappointed.
It did not do anything except make my lashes, which are sparse, look even worse.
I went back and traded it for my old standby made by Lancome.
I never return products, but this one was so bad that I felt I needed the company to know.

on 7/24/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this stuff! I have really short lashes and small eyes, so I'm obsessive about finding something to give my length and volume. I use this under Dior Extase and I've yet to find anything that gives me such dramatic results. That combination can get a little clumpy, but it is manageable and I've used this base under other mascaras and had no clumps at all...so I think it's the Extase not the Maximizer. I wouldn't say this is worth the price for everyone, but I'll continue buying it because it really helps me achieve the length I crave with my lashes minus the headache involved with applying false ones.

on 7/20/2011 9:58:00 PM

This product made my mascara get clumpy and made my lashes look clumpy as well. It wasn't able to hold a curl. It was a bit heavy for my thin, asian, short and straight lashes. Would be great if you had thick lashes.

on 7/13/2011 10:48:00 PM

I recently got a deluxe sample of this and it is hands-down the best sample of a beauty product I have ever received! It noticeably makes my short, thin lashes longer and fuller. I've tried it with CoverGirl LashBlast waterproof, Maybelline Falsies, and Dior Extase and I have loved the results with each one. I am definitely going to purchase a full-size and this is going to be a staple in my routine. The big downside however, is the relatively hefty pricetag, considering you should probably replace this with the same frequency as mascara. It would be great if they sold this in the sample size.

on 7/10/2011 8:33:00 PM

I have been using this primer for my lashes for almost 2 years, I love it. I have tried others (Estee Lauder is cheaper but no where near as good!) and always return. It's one of those products that you use and think is it doing anything? Then you run out and realise YES it absolutely was and run out to get another. It is expensive if you buy over the counter but on Strawberrynet it's affordable. This can be used also as a skincare product so put it on at night before going to bed for an intensive conditioning treatment, my lashes love it and make any 'ordinary' mascara great, I have recommended to friends and they now say they can't live without it. If you are looking for conditioned, thick, long and naturally curled lashes give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

on 7/8/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this product.

I have medium lenght lashes that are not curled at all, they are straight as can be.

I use a lash curler first, curling every milimeter in a fast pace for maximum curl. Then I apply this primer that cristallizes my curl and makes it stay through the day. It also gives maximum volume to my lashes with its thick white paste.

You absolutely have to apply a mascara afterwards as the paste is too visible because of its thickness.

on 7/7/2011 1:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is my HG eyelash plumping serum.
First let me say that I have very long eyelashes to begin with. Serums fascinate me so I figured an eyelash serum was worth a shot.
I use this lash plumping serumt a few times a week and I absolutely love it.
The tube is a typical mascara tube and the wand is a wide plastic wand that delivers a nice amount of product to each lash. This lash plumping serum gives them thickness, fullness and an overall vampy eyelash effect. First, I place the serum on my lashes, the nice bristles apply product to each eyelash, then place my mascara on top. The mascara I have been using for the past few weeks is Maybellline Falsies (love it, my new HG mascara).

on 6/29/2011 1:54:00 AM

Ever since Shiseido discontinued their mascara base I have been trying to find something to replace it. I think this one is pretty decent, does the job but doesn't really help hold a curl. It makes my lashes a bit more fuller. I am still in the search for something but for now, I wouldn't mind sticking with this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials