January 31, 2015 | 1354 users online

Mascara - Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyelash plumping serum.
First let me say that I have very long eyelashes to begin with. Serums fascinate me so I figured an eyelash serum was worth a shot.
I use this lash plumping serumt a few times a week and I absolutely love it.
The tube is a typical mascara tube and the wand is a wide plastic wand that delivers a nice amount of product to each lash. This lash plumping serum gives them thickness, fullness and an overall vampy eyelash effect. First, I place the serum on my lashes, the nice bristles apply product to each eyelash, then place my mascara on top. The mascara I have been using for the past few weeks is Maybellline Falsies (love it, my new HG mascara).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

Ever since Shiseido discontinued their mascara base I have been trying to find something to replace it. I think this one is pretty decent, does the job but doesn't really help hold a curl. It makes my lashes a bit more fuller. I am still in the search for something but for now, I wouldn't mind sticking with this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Lunacycle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awful awful awful!! After reading the positive reviews here i figured hey! why not give it a try?!

Since Shiseido discontinued my beloved The Make up Mascara Base, i was on the hunt for a replacement. I hated the Dior! It killed my curl, did nothing to the volume or the length plus it made my awesome mascara awful.

I returned it promptly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by BiteMeEricNorthman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The Superman of lash primers. Takes lashes from skimpy to wow in a single bound. I bought this on the recommendation of an SA, and I am thrilled. I have fine, short lashes never get volume or length. I use CG Professional mascara everyday (still looking for HG) and it's just ok, but when I apply this first - wow! The difference is incredible.
I don't see myself living without this primer - HG status for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical about any lash plumping product but had a Dior makeover and the MUA used this product prior to applying Extase mascara. Wow was I surprised! My lashes looked fuller immediately. I couldn't believe it. So I bought the product and have been using it faithfully every day for about 2 months. It is wonderful- does what it says it will - creates fuller plumper lashes. They recommend you use it twice daily (once in the AM and before bed) but I don't and only use it once. I highly recommend this. With mascara applied over the product my lashes look full with a huge improvement. Two months of daily use and there is still a lot of product too. I love this and highly recommend it. My lashes were thinner prior to use but the MUA said I'd see a 72% increase and I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by gojiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing HG primer! Amazing at lengthening and fanning out the lashes! I don't think it's worth it as an over night treatment as I haven't seen any results using it that way, but this dramatically lengthens and slightly thickens my lashes. (does not grow new lashes) The brush is thick with many stubby, stiff bristles that lightly coat the lashes. For maximum coating I tilt the wand so that the point of the brush directly swipes each lash. This gives it a much thicker coating, so I recommend this if the product doesn't satisfy how much plumping effect you like. The only other thing to watch out for is when you apply your actual mascara. The serum does apply and dry white, so be careful to cover all the white spots. Whether I apply my mascara to this serum when it's wet or dry, I see the same amazing results. The final thing to be careful about is keeping the product clean. This comes in a beautiful thick white tube with silver lettering and the product is white, so it's easy to get small flakes of makeup inside with the serum. On days I have hastily curled my lashes I have lost eyelashes on the wand of the primer. BTW this has helped me keep my curl.

Many years ago in middle school I tried a dual ended Maybelline mascara that included primer and Dior far exceeds that. Will definitely repurchase and I hope this product will be on sale for many years to come! I've been using this for a few weeks and will buy it again at Sephora for $28.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This would totally be my HG primer....IF it didn't totally kill my curl :(

Packaging is gorgeous - even more so than the other Dior mascara products. Leaves my lashes soft rather than stiff or brittle. Washes out easily. Adds both length AND volume especially when used under DiorShow.

However, my wimpy straight lashes definitely need curl, and although I have never had issues with DiorShow mascara, this primer definitely weighs them down. I still plan to use this but I hope they can tweak the formula :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

i use this every night before i go to bed so it conditions my lashes as i sleep. i did notice my lashes seemed fuller and healthier when i used this for a few weeks. i have yet to use this as a lash primer since i'm using shiseido's lash primer at the moment but i'm sure this would be great under mascara too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jillchen

This stuff is amazing! Its moisturizing, lengthens and does not clump at all. It makes for such a great base for my mascara, which I used to pile on like crazy to get the same effect I get now. My lashes are so much longer with this primer, they don't look brittle or dry, and they hold curls better. Definitely recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by donnaL123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This producted burned my skin around my eyes after application