December 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Mascara - Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by BiteMeEricNorthman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The Superman of lash primers. Takes lashes from skimpy to wow in a single bound. I bought this on the recommendation of an SA, and I am thrilled. I have fine, short lashes never get volume or length. I use CG Professional mascara everyday (still looking for HG) and it's just ok, but when I apply this first - wow! The difference is incredible.
I don't see myself living without this primer - HG status for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 6:52:00 AM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical about any lash plumping product but had a Dior makeover and the MUA used this product prior to applying Extase mascara. Wow was I surprised! My lashes looked fuller immediately. I couldn't believe it. So I bought the product and have been using it faithfully every day for about 2 months. It is wonderful- does what it says it will - creates fuller plumper lashes. They recommend you use it twice daily (once in the AM and before bed) but I don't and only use it once. I highly recommend this. With mascara applied over the product my lashes look full with a huge improvement. Two months of daily use and there is still a lot of product too. I love this and highly recommend it. My lashes were thinner prior to use but the MUA said I'd see a 72% increase and I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by gojiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing HG primer! Amazing at lengthening and fanning out the lashes! I don't think it's worth it as an over night treatment as I haven't seen any results using it that way, but this dramatically lengthens and slightly thickens my lashes. (does not grow new lashes) The brush is thick with many stubby, stiff bristles that lightly coat the lashes. For maximum coating I tilt the wand so that the point of the brush directly swipes each lash. This gives it a much thicker coating, so I recommend this if the product doesn't satisfy how much plumping effect you like. The only other thing to watch out for is when you apply your actual mascara. The serum does apply and dry white, so be careful to cover all the white spots. Whether I apply my mascara to this serum when it's wet or dry, I see the same amazing results. The final thing to be careful about is keeping the product clean. This comes in a beautiful thick white tube with silver lettering and the product is white, so it's easy to get small flakes of makeup inside with the serum. On days I have hastily curled my lashes I have lost eyelashes on the wand of the primer. BTW this has helped me keep my curl.

Many years ago in middle school I tried a dual ended Maybelline mascara that included primer and Dior far exceeds that. Will definitely repurchase and I hope this product will be on sale for many years to come! I've been using this for a few weeks and will buy it again at Sephora for $28.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This would totally be my HG primer....IF it didn't totally kill my curl :(

Packaging is gorgeous - even more so than the other Dior mascara products. Leaves my lashes soft rather than stiff or brittle. Washes out easily. Adds both length AND volume especially when used under DiorShow.

However, my wimpy straight lashes definitely need curl, and although I have never had issues with DiorShow mascara, this primer definitely weighs them down. I still plan to use this but I hope they can tweak the formula :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

i use this every night before i go to bed so it conditions my lashes as i sleep. i did notice my lashes seemed fuller and healthier when i used this for a few weeks. i have yet to use this as a lash primer since i'm using shiseido's lash primer at the moment but i'm sure this would be great under mascara too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jillchen

This stuff is amazing! Its moisturizing, lengthens and does not clump at all. It makes for such a great base for my mascara, which I used to pile on like crazy to get the same effect I get now. My lashes are so much longer with this primer, they don't look brittle or dry, and they hold curls better. Definitely recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by donnaL123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This producted burned my skin around my eyes after application

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Minelli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great serum. The coat manages to separate the lashes and they do not clump either. I bought this as a lash care product, not for a base coat, but I'm using it now as that too.

I have just one problem with it, the wand is way too big for my eyes. I can't hunt for another one because the wand itself is very good and half the pros of this product are due to it too.

I'm not sure about the product dispensed per dip. It seems enough when I think about it (just two, one for each eye), but since I'm still at the beginning of the bottle, I'd expect for more to come out. I'll see how much this thing lasts, then update my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

an amazing product. This makes your lashes look as though you have painstakingly separated them with a pin or something, to give a totally fanned out effect. Also lashes do not completely dry out, and they hold their curl really well throughout the day. If you use this with a volumising mascara (I use Armani's eyes to kill excess mascara) it almost looks as though you have a couple of lash extensions on, its that good. I love that when you apply you get a generous amount of product on the brush and aren't continually pumping the wand to get more stuff on the brush. Will definitely re-purchase this. To really get the most of out it, use after curling your lashes, it has an unbelievable effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by BrandyAlexander21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on the hunt for the perfect mascara ever since my last HG stopped selling in the U.S. Well today I was at Dillard's and stopped by the Dior make up counter. I thought it might finally be time to try Diorshow, but I've heard mixed reviews that it's either great or nothing special. After talking to the sales lady she suggested I try this primer first with mascaras I already have. I got home and washed off all my make up and mascara clean. I used an eyelash curler on my right eye, but the left stayed uncurled. First I primed my right eye, it seemed like the brush pulled the curl out. I let it dry and used my Full 'N Soft. The first coat wasn't wowing me. Then I moved on to the left eye. I used the primer, and then my Tarte lights, camera, lashes mascara. Same thing, not impressive. Both left and right lashes seemed very straight and sticking out instead of up like one side was curled. I decided to add a second coat to each eye. This is where I started to understand the hype. No lashes stuck together, no clumping, no mess anywhere, just darker thicker lashes. It does fan all the lashes out as well which is pretty. So the only down fall I saw here was there is no curl on either side of my lashes, even with using a curler before hand. Tomorrow I will try to curl both sides, and use the primer and mascara right away before the primer has a chance to dry. Also there are no flakes anywhere on my cheeks which is a huge plus.

Update: I just went to the bathroom to add a third coat, and my lashes look crazy big. Still no clumping or sticking together. If you want drama, let each coat dry and do another. Maybe I don't need the curl afterall, this much volume could be the best part.