September 19, 2014 | 1910 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This would totally be my HG primer....IF it didn't totally kill my curl :(

Packaging is gorgeous - even more so than the other Dior mascara products. Leaves my lashes soft rather than stiff or brittle. Washes out easily. Adds both length AND volume especially when used under DiorShow.

However, my wimpy straight lashes definitely need curl, and although I have never had issues with DiorShow mascara, this primer definitely weighs them down. I still plan to use this but I hope they can tweak the formula :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

i use this every night before i go to bed so it conditions my lashes as i sleep. i did notice my lashes seemed fuller and healthier when i used this for a few weeks. i have yet to use this as a lash primer since i'm using shiseido's lash primer at the moment but i'm sure this would be great under mascara too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jillchen

This stuff is amazing! Its moisturizing, lengthens and does not clump at all. It makes for such a great base for my mascara, which I used to pile on like crazy to get the same effect I get now. My lashes are so much longer with this primer, they don't look brittle or dry, and they hold curls better. Definitely recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by donnaL123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This producted burned my skin around my eyes after application

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Minelli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great serum. The coat manages to separate the lashes and they do not clump either. I bought this as a lash care product, not for a base coat, but I'm using it now as that too.

I have just one problem with it, the wand is way too big for my eyes. I can't hunt for another one because the wand itself is very good and half the pros of this product are due to it too.

I'm not sure about the product dispensed per dip. It seems enough when I think about it (just two, one for each eye), but since I'm still at the beginning of the bottle, I'd expect for more to come out. I'll see how much this thing lasts, then update my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by edelk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

an amazing product. This makes your lashes look as though you have painstakingly separated them with a pin or something, to give a totally fanned out effect. Also lashes do not completely dry out, and they hold their curl really well throughout the day. If you use this with a volumising mascara (I use Armani's eyes to kill excess mascara) it almost looks as though you have a couple of lash extensions on, its that good. I love that when you apply you get a generous amount of product on the brush and aren't continually pumping the wand to get more stuff on the brush. Will definitely re-purchase this. To really get the most of out it, use after curling your lashes, it has an unbelievable effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by BrandyAlexander21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on the hunt for the perfect mascara ever since my last HG stopped selling in the U.S. Well today I was at Dillard's and stopped by the Dior make up counter. I thought it might finally be time to try Diorshow, but I've heard mixed reviews that it's either great or nothing special. After talking to the sales lady she suggested I try this primer first with mascaras I already have. I got home and washed off all my make up and mascara clean. I used an eyelash curler on my right eye, but the left stayed uncurled. First I primed my right eye, it seemed like the brush pulled the curl out. I let it dry and used my Full 'N Soft. The first coat wasn't wowing me. Then I moved on to the left eye. I used the primer, and then my Tarte lights, camera, lashes mascara. Same thing, not impressive. Both left and right lashes seemed very straight and sticking out instead of up like one side was curled. I decided to add a second coat to each eye. This is where I started to understand the hype. No lashes stuck together, no clumping, no mess anywhere, just darker thicker lashes. It does fan all the lashes out as well which is pretty. So the only down fall I saw here was there is no curl on either side of my lashes, even with using a curler before hand. Tomorrow I will try to curl both sides, and use the primer and mascara right away before the primer has a chance to dry. Also there are no flakes anywhere on my cheeks which is a huge plus.

Update: I just went to the bathroom to add a third coat, and my lashes look crazy big. Still no clumping or sticking together. If you want drama, let each coat dry and do another. Maybe I don't need the curl afterall, this much volume could be the best part.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplvr111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this. I think this does a little something for lashes and can definitely tell the difference when this is applied prior to a mascara. I have not noticed my lashes growing longer or fuller but when applied before mascara this helps the mascara. I am giving this a 4 because for the price it could do more. I would recommend this if you are in the market for a primer and recommend this over Lancomes. Plus, as animal lover Dior does not test on animals and Lancome is one of the only companies that still does.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

This is by far the best lash primer out there, ever!!! Love this stuff, and so do my lashes!! Nothing gets my lashes so big and curly!! I used to think Lancome & Clinique lash primers were the best, till I had my makeup done at a Dior counter in Debenhams and the lovely girl suggested this because all I did was complain how when I get my makeup done the girls pay no attention to my lashes and leave them tiny and invisible with only one coat of terrible mascara. As soon as she applied this stuff on, it does all come out in white but I was still like WOW, I could not believe the amount of volume that was built on in like no time, then of course the mascara on top is perfect, in fact any mascara works with this. Even those I used to think are really bad mascara are fine with this.. Incredible, I hope they never ever discontinue this, this is such a fab product that anyone with tiny lashes should not be without!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by anmitchell25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

J'adore this serum!!! I can swear by this stuff, my lashes love this! When I first heard about this serum I thought it was going to be like all the other "lash treatments" that all the lines have been coming out with, but this one by Dior has proven to be a fantastic purchase that is definitely worth your dollars. I love Dior in general, but I give them koodos for this serum. I really like that I can wear it during the day underneath my mascara, I have tried others where they are to be used before bedtime and I have just found it a little tough to be consistant, it becomes something I Really have to work at and find challenging especially on those late nights. With this serum I can use it during the day and the night. My lashes have benefited alot from using this serum, they are stronger, don't fall out half as much and longer which every girl has to love.