August 20, 2014 | 1731 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by BrandyAlexander21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on the hunt for the perfect mascara ever since my last HG stopped selling in the U.S. Well today I was at Dillard's and stopped by the Dior make up counter. I thought it might finally be time to try Diorshow, but I've heard mixed reviews that it's either great or nothing special. After talking to the sales lady she suggested I try this primer first with mascaras I already have. I got home and washed off all my make up and mascara clean. I used an eyelash curler on my right eye, but the left stayed uncurled. First I primed my right eye, it seemed like the brush pulled the curl out. I let it dry and used my Full 'N Soft. The first coat wasn't wowing me. Then I moved on to the left eye. I used the primer, and then my Tarte lights, camera, lashes mascara. Same thing, not impressive. Both left and right lashes seemed very straight and sticking out instead of up like one side was curled. I decided to add a second coat to each eye. This is where I started to understand the hype. No lashes stuck together, no clumping, no mess anywhere, just darker thicker lashes. It does fan all the lashes out as well which is pretty. So the only down fall I saw here was there is no curl on either side of my lashes, even with using a curler before hand. Tomorrow I will try to curl both sides, and use the primer and mascara right away before the primer has a chance to dry. Also there are no flakes anywhere on my cheeks which is a huge plus.

Update: I just went to the bathroom to add a third coat, and my lashes look crazy big. Still no clumping or sticking together. If you want drama, let each coat dry and do another. Maybe I don't need the curl afterall, this much volume could be the best part.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplvr111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this. I think this does a little something for lashes and can definitely tell the difference when this is applied prior to a mascara. I have not noticed my lashes growing longer or fuller but when applied before mascara this helps the mascara. I am giving this a 4 because for the price it could do more. I would recommend this if you are in the market for a primer and recommend this over Lancomes. Plus, as animal lover Dior does not test on animals and Lancome is one of the only companies that still does.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

This is by far the best lash primer out there, ever!!! Love this stuff, and so do my lashes!! Nothing gets my lashes so big and curly!! I used to think Lancome & Clinique lash primers were the best, till I had my makeup done at a Dior counter in Debenhams and the lovely girl suggested this because all I did was complain how when I get my makeup done the girls pay no attention to my lashes and leave them tiny and invisible with only one coat of terrible mascara. As soon as she applied this stuff on, it does all come out in white but I was still like WOW, I could not believe the amount of volume that was built on in like no time, then of course the mascara on top is perfect, in fact any mascara works with this. Even those I used to think are really bad mascara are fine with this.. Incredible, I hope they never ever discontinue this, this is such a fab product that anyone with tiny lashes should not be without!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by anmitchell25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

J'adore this serum!!! I can swear by this stuff, my lashes love this! When I first heard about this serum I thought it was going to be like all the other "lash treatments" that all the lines have been coming out with, but this one by Dior has proven to be a fantastic purchase that is definitely worth your dollars. I love Dior in general, but I give them koodos for this serum. I really like that I can wear it during the day underneath my mascara, I have tried others where they are to be used before bedtime and I have just found it a little tough to be consistant, it becomes something I Really have to work at and find challenging especially on those late nights. With this serum I can use it during the day and the night. My lashes have benefited alot from using this serum, they are stronger, don't fall out half as much and longer which every girl has to love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Woah. Very impressed with this product. I have definitely noticed a difference in my eyelashes since I've started using this as my mascara base. It works best for me when I apply my mascara right after I've layed this on my bare lashes, while it's still wet. Will totally repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Burningacid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Dior and I have a lot of eye shadows, pouders, make up remover, kajals...I was very exited about this product and wanted to try something new, normaly I use Lancome`s base and I find it great. But this one did not work for me- made my lashes hard and clumped like nothing else... So I have to returned it and take the old nice Lancome Cils Booster. Sorry Dior this one was not working for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMgoodness I love this product. I have very sensitive eyes, although I can wear Dior Iconic or Diorshow ok. When I use this, my lashes are amazing. They are longer and prettier and hold the curl better. I put the mascara on top and wow, just gorgeous. Most importantly, though, the mascara does not irritate when I use this first! I make sure to cover my lashes well after curling, I wait till it fully dries, then apply two good coats of mascara. I love this product and I am going to buy backups.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by wanos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

wow, it really does what it says about the growing effect. I don't know how good it is as a mascara base, I use it rather as a night serum (or daytime if I stay at home). My lashes are really longer and thicker after using it. As other reviewers mentioned, the another interesting fact is that it made the lashes blacker. Mine are definitely blacker now. The cream is not transparent, dries to white so be careful if you go outside wearing only this on your lashes. A bit pricey unfortunately but I'll repurchase it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by kmitch137

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! It is a little pricey but it definitely adds volume to your lashes. I can't really tell if it is making them healthier when I put it on at night...seems more like a placebo thing than anything else. But the maximizing effect under mascara is worth it alone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by brunettefirst

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is for the first time when i use a mascara base, so i cannot compare it with any other. All i can say, however is i rarely get so excited about a cosmetic product. And this one definetely made a huge difference.
I cannot comment on the growing effect of the lashes, cause i`ve only used it twice, but when u put it under the mascara, it looks like falsies. I use it with Diorshow mascara but i intend to try this with YSL, False lash effect. I will update about the other benefits later.