Dior DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

4.1

Water, paraffin, C18-36 acid triglyceride, carnauba wax, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, palmitic acid, stearic acid, triethanolamine, beeswax, acacia Senegal gum, hydroxyethycellulose, phenoxyethanol, tocopheryl acetate, sodium hyaluronate, artemia extract, hydrolyzed soy protein, pentylene glycol, potassium sorbate, BHT

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Have been wanting it for quite a while and I am not disappointed. Gives quite a boost to your eyelashes without being excessive. I use it together with Dior iconic mascara and get an impressive result. My eyelashes are naturally quite full but short. The result I get is full long lashes (mind you, I get the same result if I apply two layers of the Iconic mascara!). No smudging, flaking etc. I have been using Maximizer for 2 months but haven't noticed any particular lash-care benefit whatsoever. It's just a part of my make-up routine, point. I would re-purchase (given that I have some extra money for it in my budget) but it won't be #1 on my wish list. It's just a little very good product I can live without in my make-up bag.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unfortunately, this primer irritated my eyes. When I stopped using it, the redness went away. Even if it hadn't caused a reaction, I still would not repurchase this. It did not help with smudging, nor did it add enough length and thickness to make it any better than other primers.

I bought this from all the rave reviews. My lashes are medium length oriental/asian, permed with the LVL system (For those of you with very straight lashes, this is AMAZING).

I wanted it for a long time, but the price put me off. At first I wasn't sure how to use it i.e. before bed like a night cream/serum or just before putting on mascara as a base coat. I tried both and because it comes out white it looked really weird on it's own so I'm now using it as a base coat before mascara.

I've tried it with a few mascaras (Hypnose, Elizabeth Arden Double density and Clarins Instant definition) and to be honest I'm not noticing a huge difference with or without the serum. I can't really tell if it's improving the condition of my lashes as I started LVL around the same time as the serum. Because I haven't noticed a huge difference and it is very expensive, I probably won't buy this again. As this seems to be the top rated lash serum/primer I also doubt that I will bother trying any others either.

However the formula and consistency was good, it was thick and went on easily. The brush is easy to control and there's just the right amount of mascara on the brush because of this I think I will try some of the Dior mascaras...

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have tried this twice so far and I am really liking it. I have been using it under my Cover Girl Lash Blast. It does take a while to get enough product coating the lashes, which makes me wonder if there is not much in the tube. I kind of have to twirl the wand around to get the product on the wand. I have noticed that you should not go back and forth much or do a second coat with this or it will get too thick (spider lash), but some may like that much volume. My lashes have never looked this great with any mascara and I will repurchase this whenever possible, as it is costly. But, for these lashes, wow, I am impressed! I have only tried the primers that come with dual ended mascaras at the drugstore and this blows those away! Great item and very glad I bought it! HG so far!

Update 11/8/11 - I have been using this for just a little while (a week or so?) daily. I am already having a harder and harder time getting enough product to completely coat my lashes out of the tube. This is a shame because you really need to apply mascara before this is dry or you get spider lashes. When it takes longer to apply this step, some of it already starts to dry by the time I put mascara on. I will have to try just doing one eye at a time with this + mascara. Still, not giving up, as it did make a huge difference before!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have short, straight Asian lashes (recently made longer with RevitaLash). I'm a bit of an eyelash fanatic. I was hesitant to buy this since I didn't want to add another step to my morning routine, but after reading reviews I decided to give it a go. It makes my eyelashes longer, thicker, well-defined without being clumpy and holds curl all day. It's easy to remove. Though it adds another product to my daily routine, I don't think it actually takes anymore time because I have to do just one quick swipe with my mascara now, instead of what I used to do which was the wiggle-swipe-repeat x20 routine. The only downside is price (this plus mascara comes to about $60 which seems a little ridiculous for my eyelashes....and yet...). When I bought this I came straight home and removed my eye makeup and put this and mascara on. About five minutes later, while milling around the kitchen my boyfriend said (not knowing I had a new product), "Wow. Your eyelashes look really long today." This product is a keeper!! Not quiet a HG, but works like a charm and I definitely love it.

This does nothing for my lashes. It takes a long time to dry and when it is applied under mascara it removes the volume if anything and makes the lashes straight. The white shade is just a gimmick to make people think it's a serum rather than a mascara. They could easily produce this in a black shade but it makes the person applying it believe there is a greater impact because their lashes are transformed from white to black after they've applied their mascara.
I haven't noticed any difference to the length or volume of my lashes but if I do I will add it to this review. I would not buy this again.

This is a fantastic primer to be applied before the mascara. Just a light coat will make my lashes look even longer and thicker than before. I don't mind it being white and not transparent in colour as the white can't be seen once I go over it with my mascara. Less is more with the lash plumping serum and you must be careful not to apply too much as it can cause your clashes to clump together. Now that I've seen the differences that this products makes to my lashes, I'm never going without it again. It's expensive @SGD 46, but I will certainly repurchase.

Absolutely astonishing! Lengthens, lifts, and thickens dramatically. I use a tubing mascara over it (EL, L'Oreal, Kevyn Aucoin, and others) and everything stays put until I'm ready to wash my face in the evening, despite my tendency to squint and my oily eyelids. I'm very impressed.

An amazing lash primer. I have not used the Shiseido one so I can't make that comparison, but it definitely performs better than most primers. I have medium length lashes that are longer in the middle of the eye and shorter at the outer corners, which can be frustrating when I try to apply mascara at the outer end, but this product really evens out my lash volume and length! You can see the volume and length it adds since the serum is white. Amazing consistency - very creamy without weighing down lashes. I feel that it really conditions them. I wear it with mascara during the day and as a night time before treatment. Would not rec applying until right before bed though, as you may find all the additional length and volume without mascara to be uncomfortable.

Would buy again but it is quite expensive, but better alternative to Revitalash.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Ok so this product has dramatically improved my eyelash growth and appearance. I have had my tube for over 6 months now and it shows no signs of even being close to finished, or even drying out. I usually use it to prime before mascara, and occasionally at night. It does not blend well with all mascaras, and can sometimes make your lashes look very light. You have to find the perfect combo. I use covergirl lash blast. My lashes look huge, and are very black with this combo. Love this stuff.

Popular Mascaras