April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was given this by a MUA friend and I have to say, it's a great primer. But I don't have the time every day to apply this, wait for it to dry and then apply mascara over the already hardening lashes. You really have to wiggle the wand at the base of your lashes with your regular mascara to cover all the white primer. The results are super thick, long glamorous lashes. Which are a pain to take off with makeup remover. I get the best results when I use this with my Definicils in Noir. I would not purchase this because it's very expensive and not something I use in my everyday routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by leyla110

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ehhh...It is just okay. The sales guy told me to apply mascara on top of it while it is still wet- that definitely did not turn out well. It worked much better for me when I let it mostly dry first. I have also tried using it as a conditioner on my lashes at night, which has was innocuous enough. Overall, the waxy-ness of it is a turn-off for me. I don't regret purchasing it, but I will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ihatespumoni

This product totally wilts my curl. So right away, it is a no go for me. Seeing as how I spend time curling my eyelashes with my Shu Uemera or Shiseido eyelash curler, I don't want a mascara primer that will totally undo all the work that I've done. I'm talking stick straight lashes all over again! However, it does seem to nourish my lashes, so I use it as a treatment at night only. I will use up the tube that I have because it was so expensive ($35 CDN) but I will not purchase again because there are other treatments out there that nourish my lashes the same for less money. I was totally disappointed with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by SJoseph

I have really sparse, thin lashes so I have to use about three different types of mascaras just to make my lashes look normal. I am always looking for new mascaras and new combinations of mascaras for this. No more! This primer makes my lashes thick, long and voluminous. I use a very normal mascara over this and I am out the door. My lashes are thick and curled, and the best part? They stay this way all day until I am ready to take off the makeup. It is a little pricey but is probably more economical for me considering the sheer amount of mascaras that I had to buy! I would definitely buy this again!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by fflor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is amazing! I was hesitant to buy the product when i was at the dior counter as I'm not a mascara girl, my eyes are quite sensitive and in winters, they get red easily, especially with mascara on, but I also always want to try new products and that I trust my beauty advisor there. She tried it on my lashes with the diorshow mascara after, my lashes turned very thick and as if I was wearing false lashes! I instantly looked like a doll. She told me a few of the Lancome girls got this product too as they like it better than the lancome's, so i gave in. I tried the lancome one before and I didnt like it that much so I returned it.

After I got this serum, I have been using mascara more often, in which usually i only use eyeliner. This one dries almost clear (some white tips), it plumps up my lashes without adding weight to it. My eyes arent as red as when I use mascara alone (this might have sth to do with the sleep i get too). And when I remove the eye makeup, it makes the mascara to come off so much easier. I only pad the cotton on my eyes for like a minute and everything dissolves on the cotton. However, I do not notice any lengthening or darkening of lashes "yet" since I've only been using this for about 2 weeks and I do not use it at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

Wonderful! This is the perfect primer for any mascara as it certainly helps leave your mascara long lasting and not flakey. But best of all, it really does help make your lashes longer, fuller, and darker!
But like most of the other eyelash serums out there, after use, your lashes return back to normal. But overall, very pleased with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by PinkGLoss873

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I was timid buying this at first because of the price and know that a lot of these eye lash serums do not work. I went ahead and purchased it and use it as a primer under my mascara. I don't use it at night. After about a week, I actually noticed some of my eyelashes were uneven (due to the growth) so I knew it was working. About 4 weeks later I noticed my eyelashes were darker, fuller, and a lot longer! I am in love with it. I will probably be using this for a long time.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Ultrapink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Girls, in this case, what you pay is what you get. I must say I really like this stuff. I'm always looking for the final mascara, the one that leaves my lashes curled, with intense volume and lenght, that's why I decided to try this serum.
It is smoothy and very easy applying and itīs not just a plumper but also an incredible treatment. It leaves your lashes moisturized, strengthened, curled, lengthened and, obviously, volumized.Itīs kind of all in one,and I think itīs better than Talikaīs.Your lashes will look separated but in a beautiful natural way.
I usually wears HR Lash Queen Feline or Stravaganza because I love the false lash effect on my eyelashes but I have to say that they are not the best choice to put over this magic serum.Though it doesnīt clump at all, you wonīt get best results if you put 2 or more coats of those mascaras,(they look absolutely dramatic worn alone) in that case I recommend YSL faux cils or HR Lash Queen Sexy Blacks, specially in Burgundy (cute colour if you're tanned or with green eyes).
Great product, great treatment, great results.Definitely recommended to all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by juicymiambi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After years of using waterproof mascara without using the proper makeup remover, my lashes are dinky. I wasn't super impressed with this stuff at first because it seemed to just make my lashes stiff and made mascara going on look clumpy but after using it at night as well as under mascara during the day, I can see a noticeable difference in the growth, strength and length of my eyelashes !!! I find that if I use Diorshow mascara ontop of it, it doesn't go on clumpy like my drugstore mascaras.. which is fine by me, I was just looking for an excuse to buy more Dior makeup anyways ;) but seriously, $30 isn't expensive for what this product achieves.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Dundrumlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this mainly as a lash serum and its amazing!!! I put it on every night with my night time routine, its goes from white to clear and after a short while i've noticed my lashes look a good bit fuller and are stronger.

As a mascara base its pretty amazing, it fans out your lashes and seperates them so mascaras don't clump as easily. Lashes look miles longer and i get loads of compliments every time i use it.

Dior please never discontinue this product, it has now become something i could never live without