October 21, 2014 | 2074 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by sixtyfive

I really like the finish of this foundation and it had a decent coverage, however as i started wearing it more and more i started breaking out. overall this is a really good drugstore foundation but unfortunately its just not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

I'm not really sure how this is suggested to be for dry skin. No matter how well I moisturize, this foundation settles really badly in the areas surrounding my mouth. It cakes and forms little lines and looks awful. For the most part, it looks good everywhere else on my face when my skin is more normal/combo. It doesn't sit as well when its drier or has dry patches. I wouldn't say the finish is "natural" or "second skin" - mainly cause the caking around my mouth makes it obvious I'm wearing makeup. Staying power is eh - 4 hours or so on me. BUT, where it doesn't cake or accentuate my dryness, it does look quite nice and minimizes the appearance of my pores. Too many cons though to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 2/5
I bought this because I heard so many good reviews on it, but sadly... Im not that impressed :/ Im super picky with foundation, and I dont want to say its awful, but its not the best I have tried. It doesn't cover my acne very well, which is the main problem for me. I think I got a shade too light for my complexion. I might go back to the store and switch it for a shade darker, and maybe my opinion will change :)
Price: 3/5
Tax included, I payed around $16! A bit much if you ask me
Packaging: 5/5, gotta love the pump!
Would I buy this again: Maybe

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I loved the light finish this gave my mature skin. Saw no sparkles of glitter, and the colors are very natural. But this broke me out every day I wore it so cannot deny the correlation. Also even though it contains sunscreen, it cannot be relied on so I would have preferred if they left it out. Bottle and pump are great; price is average for drugstore now. My reaction is unfortunate.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlee

I REALLY like this foundation. I am 34 but have a very young appearance (people normally guess I am 10+ years younger than I am) with very minimal fine lines and aging of the skin. I don't really feel I need anti-aging products yet, esp in my foundation, but my 60 year old mother turned me onto it after she got so many compliments on her skin while wearing this foundation. Below are my Pros & Cons:

Pros-
- Great coverage, natural looking and not cakey
- Pump is hygienic
- Price is reasonable
- SPF of 17
- Gives a soft airbrushed effect, not overly matte or dewey
- Does NOT break my sensitive/combination skin out

Cons-
- Pump doesn't get all of the product and I end up having to scrape it out of the bottle with a q-tip
- color is not listed on the bottle anywhere so if you loose the cap like I did while traveling, you are outta luck when repurchasing! I even took the UPC number to the store to match up and mine did not match! Grrrr!

All in all, I really like this foundation. Not quite HG but almost!! I will for sure repurchase as soon as I figure out what color I need! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by MissTish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing, blends soooo smoothly and look and feels great on the skin, not heavy at all. Coverage is good too, very creamy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. I just love it. I am very pale and sensitive-skinned, and I have so much trouble find makeup that matches my complexion and doesn't irritate it horribly. My skin is mostly clear but I usually have some blotchy redness and a little bit of melasma/pigmentation so while I don't need anything super heavy, I do like something with decent coverage. I almost always use powder foundations as they seem to be faster to apply and easier to match, with less irritation, but as I've entered my 20s I've noticed my skin is getting drier than it used to be and powder is making my skin feel tight and look sort of dull. So, on a whim I bought this to see if I would like this. Even though it says age-reversing, I figured something moisturizing would be best for me.

Now, I should also mention that anytime I've tried or sampled liquid foundation, I've absolutely hated the way it looked on my skin. I've sampled Prescriptives, Bobbi Brown, Clinique.... all reputable brands and above-average makeup. But I immediately washed them off my skin because they just looked cakey and off. So, it's a huge, pleasant surprise to me how much I like this.

The colors are mostly yellow-based but not intensely so. I use the lightest shade, 143, and it blends seamlessly with my fair skin. I'm not exactly warm-toned, but my skin has some yellow to it, so it welcomed something slightly yellow, rather than the dreaded pink or orange that most foundations seem to skew towards. The shades appear very natural, although they don't have a huge range of them (but that's something that most companies fail at)- but the makeup blends so beautifully that I think it would be forgiving enough that the match wouldn't need to be perfect.

I apply it with my fingers as that seems the most hygenic, and the most convenient way to do it. But I've also tried used a stipple brush- and the effect was FLAWLESS. Just incredible, matte, flawless skin. As moisturizing and smooth as this is, it does also look fairly matte on the skin, so that's something to consider.

The coverage is surprisingly opaque, as well. Just a tiny pump is enough to cover most of my face, and I was really impressed with how much it masked my redness and mild melasma. If you want sheerer coverage, you can always mix it with moisturizer. I tried that and it looked great too, but a little more natural if that's the look you prefer. It's also layerable if you put it on, and then afterwards decide you'd like some more coverage. I wouldn't expect it to cover major pigmentation issues or cystic acne, but concealer could easily be layered over it for trouble spots.

Also, it has sunscreen, but that hasn't irritated my skin at all. In fact, my skin seems to love it, and it almost looks clearer now than before I started using it. It has a tiny bit of retinol in it, I believe, and it does seem like the texture/clarity of my skin has improved.

In short, this stuff is amazing!! Try it! Also, it seems like a little goes a long way, so for $13.29, it ends up being a great deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

this stuff is amazing!it lasts all day and it even has retinol a which is good for acne!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kitten14

I saw this foundation at the store over a month ago and for some reason I was very intrigued by it. The thing that caught my eye was the packaging. The fact that it had a pump and the blue details on the bottle. I liked that it has a serum in it because I use a serum before putting on my foundation already.
I didn't buy it then but came home and read reviews on here. Most of the people who reviewed this were over 35, but I'm only 25 and have no signs of aging. I finally decided to buy this anyway because I had high hopes that it would be a moisturizing foundation that felt good on my skin.
Before this, I have used three other foundations: L'Oréal True Match, Maybelline Fit Me, and Korres Ginger and Vitamins. I like them all for different reasons, but I think this one is all three of these in one. I love how glowy it makes my skin look and it feels great, makes my skin soft and wears all day long. My only apprehension about buying this was the price, it is $15 at most stores and that is kind of high for a drugstore foundation. But I finally decided that I had wanted it really badly for long enough, so I was going to buy it.... and when I found it at Target I was pleasantly surprised to see it for $13.29.
I also read that a lot of people couldn't find their shade, I didn't have that problem at all. I feel like it matches my olive skin perfectly and blends really nicely and doesn't oxidize later or look blotchy as some foundations do. I highly recommend this even if you are young it is such a nice foundation and just makes your skin look really healthy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by jarms81

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I am 29, I have some slight acne scarring on my cheeks, and my skin can tend to be dry and oily at the same time. I can honestly say that I have never used a liquid foundation that I have liked on my skin, usually I feel like it looks orange and makes my scars look worse. I have been using Bare Minerals as it was the only thing that looked decent on my skin, that is until I found this! I read the reviews on this and probably every other foundation out there. I went to the L'Oreal website and took their quiz to see what color they would suggest and when I went to the store and grabbed that color, Creamy Natural, I put it on my hand it blended seamlessly. I could not tell the difference between my natural skin and where the foundation was, I was blown away. This stuff is amazing, I put it on with my fingers and it was very easy to apply and blend, it does dry quickly, so I just applied a little bit at a time. It did not settle into my fine lines and it feels amazing, as in it doesn't feel like your even wearing liquid foundation, and it dries to a powder finish. I like the fact that if I wanted to just apply this and no other makeup, it just looks like I have a perfect, even complexion. Of course, having some scarring, my skin will never appear "perfect", but this makes the scars appear less noticeable and softer. This product is also buildable, and covers any blemishes, even bright red ones, with no concealer needed. I always finish my face with Mineral Veil, and the end result is unbelieveable for me personally. I am so excited I found this product. Having oily skin, my makeup always needs blotting and/or touch-ups with the Mineral Veil throughout the day. The only way I will ever stop using this foundation is if one ever surfaces that is just a wonderful as this but keeps the oil at bay. I suspect that would impossible though. I also like that this has the anti-aging benefits and spf built it. Go buy this now, it is definetly worth the money. Thank you L'Oreal for transforming my skin to as close to perfection as possible!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No