April 17, 2014 | 1951 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Tendre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am surprised by the negative reviews on this. I admit this is not that unique but it is better than most fruity florals on the market. This lasts all day on me and I get a ton of compliments. It is a pretty scent, reminds me of Daisy. I also have Eau Fraiche but the Eau Tendre gets more compliments.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by smeegal9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely fresh floral scent. Doesn't last worth a crap!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by snortapuss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells like " wanna be D&G Light Blue" for women, and then "Oh, wait, I wanna be Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture". It is not original, not innovative, not recognizable, not CHANEL, and definitely not CHANEL Chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by oxsmoochiez55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was pretty shocked to find out that Chanel Chance Eau Tendre currently has a rating of 2.2! To me, that rating belongs on a bottle of Paris Hilton Heiress perfume. I am new to the Chanel fragrances, and debated for a while between this and Eau Fraiche, and ended up getting Eau Tendre because my boyfriend preferred it.

I bought it from Sephora, and honestly love it. It's super girly. It's not the longest lasting perfume I own (that award does to Miss Dior Cherie), but it's stays for a decent amount of time and smells divine. I would most likely repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eau Tendre will go down in history as the "Pink Chanel." Chanel finally commits to the fruity/floral market with this latecomer that has very little to do with its progenitor. Eau Tendre makes me suspect that Eau Tendre is less inspiration and more the perspiration of pouring over just which fruit note sells and how much sugar must be added to the mix; the scent has obviously been made to appeal to a market younger than that of Chance's second flanker Eau Fraiche.

Chanel has made a delicate, pale-hued citrus floral that makes blushing virgins out of both grapefruit and jasmine. Everything has a modest quality to it, from the thin glaze of grapefruit at the top to the
angelic, non-indolic jasmine in the heart. The musk is a perfect oval at the bottom, mostly obfuscating an interrupted amber note. Cedar is a pleasing woody touch until it too is snipped, leaving room only for musk and remnant jasmine. At base level, the fragrance smells synthetic and unfortunately "modern," continuing to blur the line between personal fragrance and airliner lavatory. This is a terrible trend and someone ought to march against it, except that such an organized protest would be futile, since the stuff sells so well.

Surprisingly, the grapefruit note holds quite well and the floral notes do not. Eau Tendre has a brasher counterpart in La Vanilia Vanilla Grapefruit; if you liked the latter, you'll like Eau Tendre. Although Eau Tendre shares little with Chance, it does have (and is not openly admitting) to, the original's vanilla, dabbed through iris. Missing is Chance's sticky patchouli, which, in concert with vanilla, defines Chance for me.

Chanel hasn't reinvented the wheel here, but I am going to offer that they have improved it. Fruity-florals as a rule now seem to be in competition with one another for being the sweetest (Escada, which has the onus of an annual competition with itself), the stickiest, and the muskiest, and here Chanel has shown restraint. You won't want to jab a swizzle stick into Eau Tendre or to pour it over ice cream, but it may leave you baffled as to its birth family.

continued >>

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

sampled this....fresh and clean....but smells just like MARIAH CAREY LUSCIOUS PINK FRAGRANCE.....I WALKED AROUND AND I THOUGHT TO MYSELF"....this is nice, but its a copy and so i did not want to buy it. what a bummer!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While this fragrance is pleasant, it isn't very unique. To me, it is a dead ringer for Dior Addict Shine. It has a citrusy, grapefruit smell to it. The staying power doesn't seem to be as strong as other Chanel fragrances either. Received a sample but won't be purchasing it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only things I like about this new flanker are the bottle color & the ad campaign. Actually, in person, I don't remember this looking very pink. Anyway, this fragrance gave me a big headache. It just smells a bit cheap and overpowering. Also, it doesn't smell a thing like Chance. That's just my take on it & I should say that all the SA's at Nordies really seemed to like it. I do think that this is the least Chanel of any of their scents. I know that Chance itself is a bit of a departure for the house but I think it still has that Chanel flaire. Personally, while I like Chance Eau Fraiche, I prefer the EDT as the EDP goes a bit sour on me. Here are the listed notes for Eau Tendre:
Top: grapefuit, melon, quince
Heart: hyacinth, jasmine
Base: iris, white musk, Virginia cedar, amber

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No