December 20, 2014 | 1035 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Tendre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 7:27:00 AM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really deserves a 4.5 lippie's. I didn't like it at all the few times I sprayed myself with the store tester. It was powdery and nothing special.

I reluctantly took the sample that a SA gave me and yesterday sprayed myself with it liberally in the morning. I caught myself smelling DIVINE the rest of the day! The only way you can test this is with a spray sample vial. Do not be fooled as I was into thinking this isn't interesting or special, because this is really heavenly when you actually spray a few big blasts of it on your body and wear it the rest of the day. Perfect soft sillage and amazing staying power of this lovely, soft feminine floral. Those soft wafts I kept getting of this on my body all day were damazingly delicious.
Soft garden in bloom notes. I know others could smell it faintly on me and it was making a nice impression. It smells expensive and classy but soft and very appropriate for any type of occasion. If I wanted to make a very good impression in a business setting this would be perfect. Don't dismiss this one without first wearing it for awhile. As many of us have stated on the fragrance board here, it grows on you.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by catpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I recently smelled it in the duty free and immediately had to have it! I agree with a previous reviewer that it is quite similar to Mark Jacobs Daisy... I almost got both until I realised how similar they were! I usually only get edp but this seemed to last the majority of the day. I like the bottle but find the cap a bit annoying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the fragrance! Always get compliments about this. Very fresh and feminine, original. Lasts long. Will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by chanelohlic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I couldnt wait to get my hands on this perfume, i knew it was coming out even before the chanel counter girl did! I do my research!!!
I`d say this is more of a summer fragrance because it is quite a light clean smell. Not quite as sweet as i was expecting,more of a powdery sweet!
My first reaction was it smells a lot like marc jacobs daisy...which is a nice perfume i was just expecting something a little more original from chanel. However i will not be buying marc jacobs daisy again purely because this will be its replacement for me! Chanel wins everytime!
I like that the liquid itself is a baby pink, subtle yet cute and summery.
I tend to wear this more when im wearing white...strange i know but it somehow lends to the clean girly scent of the perfume!
The only downfall i`ve noticed with this is....staying power! I find i have to re spray quite often, i know we all get used to a scent once its on so think its worn off, but with this i think it does. Whether this is because its so light i dont know. So im sure i`ll get through my bottle of this quicker than my other chanel perfumes, which are all much heavier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

This perfume is great. It's a beautiful floral scene that's quite light, and has great staying power. On me, I like the fact that it comes and goes and when it comes back, it really does make me feel a whole lot better. I like that about this perfume, that when I wear it, it lifts me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by nobelprizeforshopping

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As many of the other reviewers have noted, this does not smell like 'a Chanel fragrance'. For some people that's a good thing. For me, it's disappointing. This is an incredibly generic fresh fruity floral department store fragrance with nothing unusual or or even especially pleasant about it. The packaging is cute but the fragrance is really one step up from cleaning product in smell terms.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kaylakayla

I haven't actually purchased this, but I've smelled it in the store.

It smells nice...but there's no way I'm going to pay that much for a fragrance that smells like this...I could very easily find something that smells similar for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by eskae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chanel Chance Eau Tendre is the perfect fragrance for spring or summer. It's floral and fruity, light and refreshing, but definitely not overpowering. When I smell Eau Tendre I definitely think spring/summer, youth, femininity, and sweetness. What I loved first about this fragrance was the top note of grapefruit --It's subtle but recognizable. After some time, light white musk comes through the top notes, which bring the Eau Tendre together. Unfortunately, this fragrance does not have the best lasting power.

If you normally don't like Chanel fragrances (like me) because of the patchouli, this may be a good one for you because it has no patchouli. I find that other Chanel fragrances are best suited for older women (minus Coco Mlle-- which I still like, but has patchouli). Chanel decided to aim towards a younger crowd with this one and although it is a very generic scent, I still love it. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this fragrance. Because it is definitely not a unique scent, I gave it 4/5 lippies.

The price is very reasonable at $72CAD for 50mL or $100CAD for 100mL. Of course, the better deal is the larger size. The bottle resembles the other Chanel Chance fragrances with it's classic, sturdy and modern round glass container with flat front and back surfaces. The cap is a solid translucent cube that is quite snug to keep the bottle air tight.

If you didn't prefer this fragrance but want something similar for spring/summer, try:
Daisy by Marc Jacobs (has the grapefruit, but more musky, recommended if you want a fresher scent)
Bright Crystal by Versace (pomegranate & floral, recommended if you want a sweeter scent)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by hellomelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this! It smells so light and refreshing and it's NOT strong. Very feminine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Chance was my go-to fragrance back in the day. Then my nose and/or chemistry changed and I could not longer wear it. Patchouli became an enemy, and Chance's strident opening notes gave me an instant headache.

None of the flankers worked, either.

Yesterday on a whim (while killing time at Macy's), I decided to spray myself liberally with Eau Tendre. This had the potential to be disastrous, of course.

While there was no disaster, it was a non-event. Chance has a VERY strong resemblance to my bottle of Burberry Summer from a few years ago (which I still have and use). I guess it's the grapefruit and cedar.

The rest of the experience didn't do anything to impress me, and the scent was gone rather quickly.

I would not purchase this fragrance. In fact, I wasn't even interested in getting a sample for an extended test run. While I have many fragrances that resemble each other (variations on musk/sandalwood and floral notes, for example) this category just isn't something I need more than one of.

I will say this: I have had bad experiences with grapefruit going "B.O." on my skin, and this grapefruit did not.