October 2, 2014 | 905 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Tendre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by nobelprizeforshopping

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As many of the other reviewers have noted, this does not smell like 'a Chanel fragrance'. For some people that's a good thing. For me, it's disappointing. This is an incredibly generic fresh fruity floral department store fragrance with nothing unusual or or even especially pleasant about it. The packaging is cute but the fragrance is really one step up from cleaning product in smell terms.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kaylakayla

I haven't actually purchased this, but I've smelled it in the store.

It smells nice...but there's no way I'm going to pay that much for a fragrance that smells like this...I could very easily find something that smells similar for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by eskae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Chanel Chance Eau Tendre is the perfect fragrance for spring or summer. It's floral and fruity, light and refreshing, but definitely not overpowering. When I smell Eau Tendre I definitely think spring/summer, youth, femininity, and sweetness. What I loved first about this fragrance was the top note of grapefruit --It's subtle but recognizable. After some time, light white musk comes through the top notes, which bring the Eau Tendre together. Unfortunately, this fragrance does not have the best lasting power.

If you normally don't like Chanel fragrances (like me) because of the patchouli, this may be a good one for you because it has no patchouli. I find that other Chanel fragrances are best suited for older women (minus Coco Mlle-- which I still like, but has patchouli). Chanel decided to aim towards a younger crowd with this one and although it is a very generic scent, I still love it. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this fragrance. Because it is definitely not a unique scent, I gave it 4/5 lippies.

The price is very reasonable at $72CAD for 50mL or $100CAD for 100mL. Of course, the better deal is the larger size. The bottle resembles the other Chanel Chance fragrances with it's classic, sturdy and modern round glass container with flat front and back surfaces. The cap is a solid translucent cube that is quite snug to keep the bottle air tight.

If you didn't prefer this fragrance but want something similar for spring/summer, try:
Daisy by Marc Jacobs (has the grapefruit, but more musky, recommended if you want a fresher scent)
Bright Crystal by Versace (pomegranate & floral, recommended if you want a sweeter scent)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by hellomelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this! It smells so light and refreshing and it's NOT strong. Very feminine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Chance was my go-to fragrance back in the day. Then my nose and/or chemistry changed and I could not longer wear it. Patchouli became an enemy, and Chance's strident opening notes gave me an instant headache.

None of the flankers worked, either.

Yesterday on a whim (while killing time at Macy's), I decided to spray myself liberally with Eau Tendre. This had the potential to be disastrous, of course.

While there was no disaster, it was a non-event. Chance has a VERY strong resemblance to my bottle of Burberry Summer from a few years ago (which I still have and use). I guess it's the grapefruit and cedar.

The rest of the experience didn't do anything to impress me, and the scent was gone rather quickly.

I would not purchase this fragrance. In fact, I wasn't even interested in getting a sample for an extended test run. While I have many fragrances that resemble each other (variations on musk/sandalwood and floral notes, for example) this category just isn't something I need more than one of.

I will say this: I have had bad experiences with grapefruit going "B.O." on my skin, and this grapefruit did not.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by olivia22

Quite nice, nothing too special. Smells EXACTLY the same as Marc Jacobs Daisy!!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by kacha

What a lovely scent. Fresh and flowery, but not too sweet, with undertones of sensual and sexy. I like Versace Bright Crystal and Crystal Noir, Ralph Lauren Romance. This one is at the moment my all time favorite. I don't like Chanel scents much generally, but this one is very different.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Adore! The original Chance was much too overpowering and heady for me. This flanker smells absolutely nothing like the original. The only thing they have in common is the bottle. This is the perfect summer day fragrance. It is light, airy and feminine. It is definately floral but it's not heavy because it is tempered by some citrus. I know many were saying it doesn't last on them, but it lasts all day on me. It is similar to MJ Daisy, but not exactly the same. Daisy is a bit heavier and less fresh. My other fragrance loves are of course Daisy, Chanel Coco Mlle, Chanel Eau Premiere, and Stella.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by jj14x

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I had a sample version of this perfume. Its very powdery and flowery. It has warmth in it too. I prefer cold flowery sprakling fresh fragrances though (miss dior cherie l'eau, versace bright crystal, emotion biagiotti, etc.) but it is a very nice scent, very pleasant. It also reminded me of J'ador Dior ( same warmth). Sweet...The staying power is very bad though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by skyxdancer

I'm surprised to find that the rating for this fragrance is so low! I usually don't like Chanel perfumes just because the scent is way too strong and in-your-face for me, but I fell in love with Chance Eau Tendre as soon as I smelled the sample. I went to Macy's to try it out on myself and it smelled SO good. It's not exactly a unique scent when I sniffed it from the sample, but on me, my goodness, it was amazing! Very soft, fresh, and feminine. So maybe it's just how the fragrance reacted with my skin, but this is definitely a keeper for me. Will be repurchasing again!