April 19, 2014 | 1745 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by bubbalinax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG...

This is AMAZING. To start, I usually use Estee Lauder Vita Mineral Liquid foundation, but it gave me so many pimples, so I decided to pick a sample of this foundation from the local department store.

The first day I wore it people gave me so many compliments on my skin. It looks matt but not dead, GREAT coverage, smooth texture and it's non-smelling and doesn't get oily.

I wore it for 8 hours while doing a dance performance...AND IT STILL DIDN'T SMUDGE OFF...

When I washed my face I checked to see if any pimples had formed (usually with my old foundation they start to appear when I take my make up of)...but...NOTHING. It really is great!

DEFINITELY BUYING AGAIN

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by kaatyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation yesterday in fresh alabaster.
PROS: goes on smoothly, blends seamlessly, looks nantural but has great coverage.
CONS: a bit too brown/dark for my skin tone and not enough product for the price.

i applied this foundation this morning with a kabuki brush stippling it on. it gave okay coverage with 1 layer and when i applied another it was perfect! it covered all my spots without concealer. i applied translucent powder and i was good to go. i wasnt sure if it would look cakey but when i looked in the mirror it looked like i had really good skin! the only problem was i have very pale skin and it didnt match my neck.but i think the powder i used made it a bit darker and it still looked okaay you couldnt see a big difference between my face and neck.
it gives a matte finish and lasted all day.
i cant yet comment on whether it clears up my acne as ive only worn it for a day but i would say if the bottle was a bit bigger it would be well worth the 20 price tag!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by snowflakegirl

I switched to this from DW Light, when my skin decided it really didn't like me much any more and I became far too prone to breakouts! It really did work - my skin improved within about 3 days, I still get the occasional spot, but tends to be much smaller and go much sooner - my skintone has evened out too. It's better than DW in terms of the range of colours, and gives a really nice fresh look, but it's not as long-lasting, and coverage isn't quite as good so I'll definitely be holding onto the DW for nights out, and stick with this for everyday until something comes along which combines the two!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm still making a final decision on my permanent dedication to this product, but so far:
Friggin' awesome. I'll spare you a long opening paragraph and tell you straight up that I have acne that I can blame on stress, hormones, and genetics. I've had acne issues every since I was 13, and it was until I was 18 (I'm 22 now) that I decided I should do research and start looking into serious make-up and skin care products dedicated to preventing acne. I used to get a lot of white heads, but the past two years I've been getting those large red bumps that take about a week to surface. They look bad, and they hurt terribly. I usually have two or tree at a time.

I'm very fair, so the redness on my face is incredibly vibrant, as well as the scars. I'm one of those people that's tried all sorts of make-up (well over twenty brands, with dedicated use for up to several months, unless my face got worse in a week), and I've tried over a dozen "3 step" programs to cure acne (again, with dedication). I did a good load of research before purchasing any Clinique products, but so far so good.

The foundation has actually cleared up most of my acne, and does a very good job of concealing my red spots and dark spots. I'm using 01 Fresh Alabaster, and it fits to my natural skin tone perfectly without looking too dark, and it doesn't have an orange tint like most "fair" foundations I've tried. The best part is: It blends SO well that I can put it on, skip powder, and it looks great all throughout my work day! It doesn't look blotchy at all!

And it impressed me even more recently: The other day I left the house super early when it was terribly humid, got caught in the rain, and went to an arcade where it got crowded and the heat got me pretty sweaty. After five hours, I went to the restroom and expected my make-up to look terrible. It's hard for anyone's make-up to hold up well in southern (specifically Georgia) humidity AND in a hot arcade. But I was taken by surprise to see that the make-up hadn't NOT caked! And the shine on my face was VERY minimal! The foundation (as well as my powder) didn't lie when the packaging listed "oil control" as one of the benefits. Yes, I needed a touch up, but even if I hadn't padded off what little shine there was my face would have still looked good, as opposed to other cosmetics making my face look oilier than it already is.

Also, I think the price is pretty fair, considering I only need a dime size amount on my finger to get good coverage.

I'm not saying this product will be that one amazing skin saver for you like it has been for me (and hopefully will continue to be), but if you live in a humid climate I definitely think it's worth a try!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Alaina25

Let's start from the beginning, i have awful skin - i hate it!
Scars, uneven skin tone, oily t-zone, spots, dark red spots from previous spots - yup horrible!
I have tried so many foundations... mac studio fix fluid, estee lauder double wear, revlon colorstay, mac studio fix powder, dream matte mousse, bare escentuals, rimmel stay matte to name a few! I didnt like any of them apart from revlon colorstay it didnt cake on me and still looked lovely at the end of the day, the oil control was pretty good too! But.. i was still on the lookout for that perfect foundation and started browsing clarins/clinique/estee lauder website wondering which to go for! When i came across "Clinique Anti Blemish Soultions" it sounded too good to be true "while blending away blemishes - it's busy working undercover too" of course i was curious to try it so read the reviews on here, mixed they were but i couldn't resist popping into my local boots for a sample. The lady matched me up to alabaster which is the lightest shade, it suits me perfectly :) not orange or too pinky like quite a lot of foundations i have tried! As soon as i got home i took all my make up and washed my face as normal like i was doing all my make up from when i woke up in the morning, i moisturised and primed my skin and did the usual concealer under eyes and on blemishes. I applied the foundation with my fingers and wow my skin looked amazing! (for the first few hours) then started to go a bit cakey on me, so the next day i applied the foundation with my mac 187 brush again my foundation looked amazing for the first few hours then turned a bit cakey! I was starting to think maybe the foundation didnt suit me at all! So the next day i decided to apply the foundation with my 190 foundation brush!! FINALLY MY SKIN LOOKS AMAZING ALL DAY LONG!!!!! It doesn't look cakey at all! This foundation makes me so confident and has DEFINATELY reduced the number of little spots on my chin! :) :) i love the fact that this foundation isnt too heavy, i can still see my few little freckles which me likey :)
I've almost ran out of the sample pot so ordered the full sized off their website yesterday along with the dramatically different gel! :)
I'll be deffo sticking with this foundation for an extremley long time as it makes me look flawless and covers everything on my skin (something no other foundation has managed to do)
If your wondering whether or not to go for this foundation, get a sample from your local counter so you can try it out for a few days!
Well done clinique :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by NikkiJo

The jury is still out for me regarding this product.

I am pregnant and finding my skin is getting more oilier and am prone to breakouts more. I would have classed my skin as being 'combination' normally and was using estee lauder equalizer foundation which up until recently suited my skin just fine, however Im finding its not matte enough for me at the moment.

I had read reviews of this product and frankly though it was too good to be true - clinique make a lot of claims for this one!

I have only been using it a couple of weeks and have found the following:

PACKAGING: Like it - looks clean and hygenic, one small squirt is enough to do your whole face.

CONSISTENCY: This is labeled as being 'moderate' I would actually say its quite light. Although coverage is fair, Im not sure how it would hold up if you had a bad breakout or a very red angry blemish etc. You would still need concealer etc in my opinion.

BLENDING: I find this goes on best using a brush. It dries very quick though (as do alot of oil free preparations). If you allow it to start to dry before blending you will get a patchy result however if youre quick its not a bad finish at all.

SHADES: The SA insisted I was 01 alabaster, I felt it looked ghostly so I went for 02 fresh ivory which I feel suits me much better yet still looks natural.

OIL CONTROL: Although I do feel it gives a more matte finish, I do still have to blot by midday.

DOES IT DO WHAT IS SAYS ON THE BOX? Yes and no. perhaps Ive not been using it long enough to comment on its spot fighting abilities - I dont usually tolerate salicylic acid too well although I dont think the concentration in this is that high at the moment I dont seem to be reacting to it.

I would also advise making sure your skin is well moisturised before applying this makeup as it does seem to highlight any dry, flaky areas. I personally use a primer underneath and find it goes on quite well with this.

Will update after Ive used it a bit longer - but for now I dont dislike this product and am quietly impressed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Eva5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews for this and it sounded so promising. I am on a major research project of my own trying to find products that don't break my extremely reactive skin out. I have a cleanser, a moisturiser and have been staying away from over drying products. I have also stopped piling on products. My skin was responding quite well to this. The only bugbear has been trying to find a foundation and to this end I have been trialling them all. I have discarded so many of my own and rather than purchase one after another I take my own pots and gently persuade SAs to give me samples. This foundation I bought because I thought it was a no-brainer. No-one had reported breaking out with this. It is aimed at us spotty girls for heavens sake! The SA tried to match me to the wrong shades. I told her the colour I needed and its ok but none of them sparkle on me. Skin with golden or yellowy tones don't match up well to Clinique. Anyway. Sunday wore it for first time. I have since worn it 3 more times.

PROS:
It goes on really nice, evenly and light and it doesn't sit in pores or accentuate lines. It gives a fresh look that is not totally matt and dead looking. The look in fact is quite pleasing and natural.
I could add that the packaging is light and hygienic and travels well.

CONS:
The bloody stuff has broken me out. I can't believe it. I don't know what is in it that would do this and so blamed it on other things (hormones etc). Every time I wear it at least another three spots appear. Is it purging? I don't know. I know blemishes are meant to take 90 days to travel to surface so perhaps it is simply hastening this journey time but I don't know where its finding them. My skin also looks really parched and pores seem bigger. Face washes with salicylic acid do that to my skin and are just too drying. Maybe I am the wrong age group for this stuff. I can't even take it back to Boots because they don't take back cosmetics. In the future I have decided to buy premium brand cosmetics from a certain department store in England because their returns policy is the best. As a matter of interest I just had a little look over the reviews for this. There may be the exception but the people who love it are either very young or have oily skin. I am in my forties and don't have especially oily skin and have golden undertones.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by sbest

I feel so let down by this product!!
After reading all of the great reviews on here I went and purchased this product for $60 NZ (not cheap)
After being talked into a shade that I was not entirely convinced about by the SA at Clinique I bought number 3.
I find this shade ended up being way to yellow for my skin and what is worse, it gets considerably darker over the day.
It certainly does not have long lasting matt finish I still had an oil slick after a few hours.
It is a really light finish and did not cover my blemishes at all and I found it very difficult to build any coverage in an effort to do so.
I felt that if any thing it made my pores more noticeable, and what was weird was it made all the little 'peachy fuzz' hair on the side of my face super noticeable - and by no means am I super hairy.
Really let down, was hoping to find my new HG.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 8:48:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I got a sample of this at the counter and wow this stuff is amazing! It looks so natural. I don't normally use liquid foundation but this has converted me. My face looks so smooth and it has not aggravated my skin at all. It doesn't cover redness fully in active pimples but acne scars are pretty dulled out.

I'm going to get a full sized one as soon as I can!

UPDATE: The SA gave me shade 4 which was too dark but I ordered a full one in shade 3 and it is perfect! Love it

UPDATE2: This actually breaks me out, been getting less pimples since I stopped using it. Sadness. DuWop foundation of youth is better for my dry skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by lizgoodno

this product is actually only $23.00. very long lasting.