October 26, 2014 | 888 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by AmbrosiaKisses

I received 3 sample packs of the Midnight Recovery Concentrate after a purchase from Kiehls. Initially, I wasn't too impressed or interested in trying it out. I don't like serums or anything oily because it reminds me of clogged pores and an extra product on my face. However, giving in to curiosity and the rave reviews, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. I'm now on my last sample pack and I'll be purchasing a full bottle. I don't use it every night, alternating between Ole's Vitamin C Booster, and my skin honestly feels much softer, healthier and (could it be?) more radiant. I have a problem with uneven skin tone and this product seems to be combating the problem. I don't recommend using it alone (it's not a moisturizer), but a product that adds wonders to your routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Bebe3434

This product is not intended for dry skin. I live in a harsh midwest state and I need something that will attack my dry skin. This product leaves a shiny, greasy appearance on my skin...and I only use 2-3 drops. Although it leaves a greasy appearance I have continued to apply every night and feel that my dry skin is more relieved than the last product I tried. Thank goodness I got the sample of this, will not be purchasing the full bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by leenn32

Just bought my full size bottle, previous sample lasted me for about 3 weeks plus. My face is much smoother and it didn't break me out as well, love the pleasant lavender scent. Hope to see my acne scar fading like what other readers has experienced

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by earthybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has diminished my dark spots from pregnancy better than any other product I've tried. It's very hydrating and does not break me out. I adore it! The bottle will last soo long you only need a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by jellocream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my HG night serum/ moisturizer. Before, I had milia around my eyes, because I have very dry skin there. If I don't use thick eye creams I'll get fine lines instead. The balance has been very difficult, until I started to use Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I use it over my whole face, 2-3 drops. My milias are almost gone and my fine lines around my mouth and neck are also less visible.

Other brands with this oil type kind of serum, that I have tried are Ren Rose Synergy O12 Restoring Facial Serum, which is too thick and oily for my skin. Perhaps I'm not old enough yet. Another one I think is better than Ren is Trilogy's Age Proof CoQ10 Booster Serum. It's sticky at first but sinks in better than Ren.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

skin irritation in a bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by perandshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using a sample for more than two weeks. Surprising how long it lasts.
It became more clear to me that this oil treatment is for oily skin type. it is emollient, soothing, and has a silkening effect but it lacks hydration for my normal to dry skin. It is an attractive product. it smells and feels luxurious to put on. my face becomes immediately soft and shiny after application. It looks a little greasy but It never broke me out. Neither did it help my skin for real. In fact I woke up with dry skin when I used this instead of my usual hydrating serum at night.
I almost bought the full size bottle but now I am glad I only got a sample. For me this is just a feel good product which doesn't do anything. For now I prefer my serum and moisturizer which made my skin feel like it had a drink of water in stead of a topical shine from the Midnight Recovery Concentrate.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by meryzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just did NOTHING, nor good, nor bad. Just got examples. Not going to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ouiserboudreaux

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Midnight Recovery Concentrate Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Dicaprylyl Carbonate (emollient), Squalane (emollient), Rosa Camina Fruit Oil (Rosehips-source of vitamin C), Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil (soothes inflammation), Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil (emollient), Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil (Antibacterial & evidently helps relieve flatulance-I have noticed an improvement. But, possibly applying it topically isn't the right choice for that.), Tocopherol (antioxident), Lavandula Angustifolia Oil/Lavender Oil (purifying & antiseptic), Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil (anti-inflammatory), Linalool (fragrance), Rosmarinus Offininalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil (fragrance), Citronellol (fragrance), Geraniol (antioxident & bug repellant, Lavendula Hubrida Oil (anti-inflammatory), Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract (skin softener), Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract (anti-inflammatory/antioxidant), Limonene (anti bacterial), Citral (fragrance), Sclareolide (fragrance), Rosa Spp/Rose Flower Oil (fragrance/possible source of vit c), Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract (soothing), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil (moisturizing).
The information in paranthesis is my own. Each ingredient may have more than one use, but these were the best guesses I had after doing some research.
I got the Midnight Recovery Concentrate in a gift set at the outlet store during a friends & family sale, so the price was very reasonable & I had been wanting to try this product anyway.
I have combo/oily/old/dehydrated/reactive skin that breaks out from so many products that I try.
This product doesn't seem to be causing any problems, as far as breakouts & my skin does look smooth & hydrated in the morning after using it.
It has a very nice "essential oily" type smell that goes away in a couple of minutes.
I'm happy with the product & I love the deep blue glass bottle that it comes in.

36 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by taurusgurl5984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing. I've been using it since August I think? It has balanced my skin so much. I used to be so oily, but yet the top layers of my skin were dry and tight. I would have oily breakthrough with my foundation in less than an hour. My pores appeared larger. After using this the first week, my skin just balanced right out. I also don't break out nearly as often. I use this at night with no other cream on top. It's perfect, smells like a spa, and soaks right in. It's pricey, but I'm not even 1/4 into the bottle and have been using it pretty much nightly for at least 3 months. So I think it ends up being very affordable. Kiehl's is very generous with their samples, if you can get to a store or a counter try it out. Highly recommend - I think this would benefit every skin type.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No