April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Treatments - Kiehls - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:51:00 AM More reviews by MissSayuri

Kiehls is really good with giving samples so i had a good sample of this oil before i bought it. A few drops goes a long way especially when you are putting on your night cream after. I really like the smell and have been using this for awhile. It doesn't break me out and is not overly heavy. Like i said it should not be used alone, but with your nighttime moisturizer. My skin seemed to improve (smoother, healthier) after using this for awhile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My daughter got me some of this wonderful essential oil blend for Mothers' Day. I'd never tried anything from Kiehls before but I'm hooked. I've got a similar oil from Clarins (the blue orchid oil) but I much prefer the packaging of this one from Kiehls, with the dropper/dispenser. As much as I've always loved the Clarins oil, I think Midnight Recovery Concentrate might just replace it as my favourite. It's also less expensive.

I apply this at night time as directed - a drop or 2 on my cheeks and a drop on my forehead. I press it into the skin and then smooth to distribute it evenly. It leaves my skin feeling very smooth and very soothed too - it seems to sooth away any redness, which is nice. In winter, when my skin is more dry, I might use a face cream on top. I really like and highly recommend this product, especially if you are partial to more natural products.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sharybee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So before I started using the midnight recovery, my skin was going through a bad spell, acne mainly on my lower part of my cheeks. It finally came to an end after a six months of agony leaving my face with scars and hyper pigmentation. Because of what I had been using to combat the acne, it left those areas of my face dry and flaky. The day I started using the midnight recovery concentrate was the day my skin started to recover. And the best part was that it only took two drops of this miracle oil to hydrate my skin back to perfection. I still use two or sometimes three drops of the oil on a daily basis but from the looks of things, this bottle is going to last me till the rest of the year. Loves it. By the way, just to let you know I have combination oily skin and this works perfectly fine for me. It hydrates my skin but does not make it oily at all. Loves it...

*update* after over a year, still loving it

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to get this because of the good reviews, but it was quite expensive ($48 CAD). I have been using this alone on my face at night time for the past week and a half. I feel that it has really helped improve my skin: texture and tone. My break outs have cleared up about 85%. There is also less redness on my cheeks. I don't know if this is due to the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, but I have nothing but good things to say about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Moonjellie14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

2 to 3 drops of this concentrate feels very comfortable on my skin and my pores look finer and the skin more hydrated by morning. There's also a nice glow to the skin. One of my favorite skincare products.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by moici

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I think it does make your skin very soft. There is immediate softness. I wish it had more anti-aging type benefits.
I love the smell... Perfect for night time.
I think the price isn't bad, considering you only use several drops each time. But then again, it doesn't stand alone as my "anti-aging serum," so.
I've been afraid that there would be leakage like some other oily bottled products, but this pretty blue bottle has been great.
I think my "buy again?" is a "maybe"-- I'd love to have this in my routine, but it would be a petite luxury product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Dlou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My aunt gave me a sample of this that she picked up at Kiehls, and I didn't use it for a few weeks. Only began using it because I opened it one night and it smelled so good I slapped a bit on. Nice. Then the nice scent went away and I forgot about it.

But the next morning my skin felt really soft--and not at all oily. And I realize the stuff had sunk in the night before, without damage to my sheets or making me look like I'd rubbed vaseline on my face. I kept using it every night and my skin just kept looking smoother and somehow more delicate.

Finished the sampler and bought a bottle today. Someone in these reviews compared it to BioOil, which is great but absorbs much, much more slowly. I haven't broken out (though I don't put it on my chin or forehead). My skin just looks pretty great.

We'll see how it does with summer weather, but I love this stuff. Elegant and excellent.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by pneggy

This is so so good!

I have combination skin but prone to patchy areas of dryness. I am really prone to breakouts, especially since my horrible experience with decleors neroli night balm. I had been using the Lancome Genefique serum which is so much more expensive than this and frankly this is much better!

Very hydrating, calms down my skin. My breakouts have really calmed down since starting to use this. I am very pleased with the results. I am not convinced my skins is dramatically better but pleasant to use, hydrating and not breaking me out. Can't ask for much more!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by daisymango123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently decided to splurge on a night time skincare treatment. After using a few Midnight Recovery Concentrate samples from Kiehls, I decided to buy the full size version of the product, which was about $48 CAD. Considering you only need 3 or 4 drops of this product, I expect it to last a long time. The samples even last a couple weeks each! The smell is divine (I feel like I'm going to a spa instead of to bed!), and my skin feels smooth and refreshed in the morning. I have combination skin, and I have not broken out- I think my skin tone/acne scars have even improved! I will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by NessieC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Was looking forward to trying this as had heard great things about it. It did nothing for my skin - no adverse reactions or anything but it made no difference to my skin whatsoever. Will be passing it onto my sister and will see how she gets on with it.