Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

on 9/2/2003 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This used to be a beauty staple of mine in high school/college and even grad school. I have since graduated to creme hair remover--I have found one that doesn't irritate at all (don't ask how that is possible, I don't know) but is quite effective. I stopped using bleach because I hated the redness that would develop over the bleached area and the tingling and irritation I suffered every time, as well as the messy "having-to-mix-the-powder-and-creme" routine. Bleah. Plus, unfortunately, lightened hair is still visible to some extent, so it doesn't really solve the problem of facial hair incredibly well. However, for those leery of hair removal, Jolen is a good choice. If you are looking for a creme bleach (given all the limitations of a bleach), Jolen is the best choice in my experience; but I wouldn't repurchase personally.

on 9/1/2003 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The best bleach out there. Superb for rendering hair on the face and body unnoticeable. I am black haired and have to use a product that is strong enough to quickly lighten my hair. Other brands like Surgi and Sally Hansen discolor the skin and are more irritating. Jolen's Creme Bleach has the least noticeable scent, and works more rapidly than other brands as well. No need to mess around with around brands.

on 7/30/2003 12:38:00 AM

So far this is the best facial bleach that i have used... it is very creamy and mixes easily. It is much better than the Sally hansen or nair versions... i personally like the one with aloe vera.

on 4/25/2003 7:44:00 PM

I use this on my arms, which are gross with really logn dark hair. I used this once, and it bleached my hair no problem. Even though the length was the same, my hir was invisible. The next time i used it though, my hair became very brittle at the ends and would break off if i pulled it. Not neccesarily a bad thing - now I just have shorter arm hair, which is actually good - but just a precaution if this is not what youre going for.

on 1/1/2003 5:46:00 PM

This did a pretty decent job for bleaching some of my facial hair. Even I couldn't see the hair. My only rant is that it really stings esp. on my upper lip but on the other areas it doesn't feel that bad.

on 12/31/2002 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this since highschool and I love it. I'm too scared to get my skin waxed so this is great for me. It's easy to use and it doesn't burn or sting my sensitive skin. The one I get comes in a green box with white writing. It's also pretty cheap which is always a plus :o)

on 8/11/2002 2:16:00 PM

When I was younger I was seeing this guy. I had dark hair on my face he took the right P*** out of me and made me cry my eyes out can called me names like monkey girl and ape. I started using this to hide my dark excess hair and it made it less notice and it really lightens the hair. I have been using this for 8 years and I never stop useing this great product...

on 8/11/2002 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used this stuff a long time ago when i was in high school. I liked the product but as with any cream bleach it irritated my skin. This was the only bleach that i used on my upper lip. if i was to go back to bleaching i would use this and nothing else .

on 8/11/2002 1:32:00 AM

This is GREAT STUFF, but I couldn't find any other reviews of it anywhere -- so here's the first, I guess, for this old product. I use this to bleach my eyebrows. My natural hair color is nearly black, and it is now highlighted, so my dark brows just didn't look right. I use the Jolen Creme Bleach about every two weeks -- leave on about 5 minutes, wipe off -- Viola! New brow color! You mix a little powder with the creme on a little tray that comes in the box (using tiny spatula also provided). You can leave it on a shorter period of time or slightly longer, depending on the color you want. May also be used for bleaching facial hair, arm hair, etc.