April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Lengths Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by xiaobonnie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried a department store mascara in so long and was very intrigue by the brush style! Since I am right handed, I can easily apply it to my right eye, but the positioning of the brush gets a little awkward when I have to apply it to my left eye. I usually curl my lashes with my Shiseido eyelash curler. When I put this on my top lashes, it really lengthened them and make them look more defined, but definitely not clumpy. It did an okay job at holding my lash's curl. The formula is very soft and did not harden my lashes much. Since I have short asian lashes, I tend to like mascara with more volume so this did not really do the job. HOWEVER, I also have short lashes on the bottom, and I prefer those to be lengthen and not too clumpy, and this mascara did the job! They looked so much longer and very clean. The formula isn't waterproof and can easily come off with some water, so be careful if you tend to get tired, water-y eyes as you might get a mess!

All in all, I only use this on my bottom lashes because it lengthens and defines, but does not clump. You might have to get used to using the brush a little, but it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got mine and am SO happy!

I usually use the beyond long from prescriptives, but not that they are going out of business, I need a mascara that comes with a thin wand.

This has a nice thin wand for lengthening and the formula is dark and really lasts, it looks amazing with the cream liners!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by animalover4life

omg, i don't even know where to start! I got this as a sample when i bought the Clinique even better foundation, and i am SO amazed! the foundation was ok, but the free sampler mascara is AWESOME!!!!!! i would SOOO buy this again, i have longggggg black eyelashes, that droop down. after i curl my eyelashes with an eyelash curler, i apply just ONE coat of this mascara, and i just wanna cry from the amazing curl it gives my lashes. not to mention, i wore this mascara for prom, and it looked AMAZING the whole night! it does not smear when you sweat, and it is LONG LASTING, i would just state to always completely curl your lashes for 15 seconds to ensure the mascara says curly the whole time :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by calledit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this product promises to open up the eyes which i can't entirely vouch for since i have big eyes as it is, however the applicator for this mascara is one of a kind and delivers a very desirable effect.

while it won't add much volume (if any) it will definately stretch your lashes further than any other mascara out there while simultaneously seperating and defining them for a fanned out look. the applicator's curvature makes coating those hard to reach corner lashes very easy.

and when it's time to wash it off, all you need is a little warm water and this mascara will removed cleanly and completely.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by bubblyface17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got a sample of this as a gift with a purchase, and i really like this mascara! the brush is really cool because its a comb, so youre lashes NEVER clump together, which is really great. it does deliver high lengths but 0% volume. so if you want a little bit of volume, this isnt for you. great mascara!! i would buy it once i run out of all my other mascaras!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by DivineMsN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this for free when I bought a certain amount of Clinique stuff at my local Macy's counter. I had never heard of it before and was totally freaked out by the brush. It does give me some nice length on my lashes but def does not make them fuller. I tend to use it on the weekends when I am going out to run errands and save my Dior Show mascara for work and when I am going out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by selenalikeduhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really didn't expect a lot from this mascara when I first got it but it really did surprise me. The formula is very wet, which I find works the best with my long but thin lashes.It gave me a lot of length, medium volume and it did not clump or smudge. The brush really does comb and separate the lashes. The color is also a very dark black and it looks nice on the eyes. I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

Tried when it came out, tried again recently. Epic fail. Do not be fooled: this is no substitute for the gorgeousness that was Long Pretty Lashes.

PROS: The formula is nice, not too liquid, not too dry. No irritation. Little smudging. Decent wear. Price is good, the regular Clinique CAD19.00, a good deal for quality stuff and a good deal cheaper than department-store ones that aren't necessarily as good. Like other Clinique products, cruelty-free but with good human-testing record. The tube is pretty: white with silver lettering and silver cap.

CONS:

#1 I can get more fullness/volume with a couple of coats of Naturally Glossy, and a far nicer separated, sleek finish with Lash Power. Either of these (especially the latter) is closer in feel to the fluttery feathery fine softness of Long Pretty. In comparison, High Lengths leaves the lashes (mine anyway) drier and crunchier.

#2 The brush is a disaster. The fine teeth and flexible head are all very well, but the head itself is about twice the optimal length, and the wand is too long (same issue with all Clarins' mascaras except Double Fix). I can see the aim, but if you like a comb, try High Definition; and if you like the finesse, try Lash Power (one of the best mascaras Clinique has ever made, and my favourite "tubing" one, for the record). Indeed, either of these and several other non-Clinique mascaras get colour deep down closer to the roots. As my lashes are pale and I'm short-sighted, I do see these things and the difference, clearer than--well, darker-lashed lovelies with normal vision.

Sorry to bring the score down, but this stuff was a big disappointment. That's speaking as a fan of Clinique mascaras for, let's see, a solid couple of decades. I'm sticking with my regulars from them: Naturally Glossy (combined with Clarins Double Fix) alternating with Lash Power. Both these, now, I'd recommend wholeheartedly to anyone. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by sam9745

I used to use clinique's long and pretty lashes, and when I went to buy a new one, the lady at the counter told me this was the new replacement for it. I was upset at first, but she told me she loved it, so I figured i'd give it a try. I gotta say I absolutely love the brush despite finding it weird initially. Its super easy to use, impossible to poke yourself, leaves no clumps, and you can get as close as possible to the base of your lashes. The only reason I give it 4 stars rather than 5 is because it doesn't give me the same fullness long and pretty lashes seemed to. My lashes are definitely longer, but not as feathery and full as i'd like. Great for everday use, for some may not be dramatic enough for night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I have tried so many mascaras and I actually like this mascara a lot. I tend to prefer these kind of wands because it's a lot easier for me to apply mascara. Anybody who says this wand is hard to work with must be pros because this wand is freakin` easy to use, especially for mascara noobies.
The formula is great, it doesn't clump no matter how many layers of mascara you put on. It does nothing for volumizing but I figured that whenever I try to use volumizing mascaras, it makes my lashes look tacky. (Stupid Asian lashes!) It leaves your lashes looking really feathery and soft. It lengthens quite a bit, enough to make my skimpy lashes stand out.
I am kind of on the fence on using this with Shiseido's mascara base or by itself. It kind of looks more tacky with the mascara base. I don't know. All in all, this is worth your money because the price is a steal. continued >>