September 1, 2014 | 1161 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by kuecoklat

I have a sensitive, oily, and acne prone skin so it was quite hard to find a match foundation for my skin. Not until I came across this review, I'm so glad I purchased this product. This product really cover the redness area as if I was wearing liquid foundation. This is by far the best minerals foundation I have ever tried!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by enetsang

After reading so many fab reviews about Lucy Minerals mineral foundation, I really really wanted to like this and was so looking forward to receiving my $1.50 sample bags in the post. Sadly it has been extremely disappointing.

Firstly, there doesn't seem to be shade that truly matches my NC35 skin - medium is about the closest. Like the other reviewers, i found the other "medium" shades way too pink or too yellow.

Secondly, OMG it is cakey and drying!!! Having read Annies's instructions on the website, I only put on a single sheer layer, thinking I could build it up afterwards if I needed to. Even so, my skin looked so cakey and dry and I have combination skin. I've read some pretty mediocre reviews on Bare Minerals but I really do find that BM wins over this hands down - at least my skin looks healthy and luminous with BM and I never get that cakey look even when I've packed it on.

I'm glad I only paid $1.50 per satchel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best mineral foundation I have ever used!! I'm sure I haven't used every mineral makeup out there but I have used all drugstore and most well known high end brands...I love the ingredients in this makeup! Talc and bismuth make me itch and breakout and this does not contain those ingredients and unlike alima pure and edm this actually stays on my face and doesn't make me an oil slick and rub off my face two hours later. Im obsessed with stuff and think if you were once like me and totally given up on mineral foundation at least give it a try. The samples are only $ 1.50 so what do you have to lose. I have ordered most of the blushes and eye shadows and not one of her products have disappointed me. I haven't been this excited about a makeup brand in a very long time and I'm so happy its a all natural healthy product that I dont have to worry about.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by hyeminnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for several months and there are times when I really like it, and others when I absolutely despise it. This is one of those days. I put the foundation on in the morning like usual and it starts separating the second I buff it on. It, for some reason, doesn't want to evenly cover my nose and it's so noticeable that I have to remove my foundation and start over. After several hours, it also settles into pores and gives my skin a spotted look.
Another issue I have with Lucy Minerals is that there is an extremely limited foundation spectrum. I found that Cream was the closest match, but too light, and the next shade up, Creamy Bisque, was too orange. I have tried mixing Cream, Creamy Bisque, Creamy Olive, Bisque, Shell Beige, Golden Medium, and have yet to find a shade that is a good match. They all turn a shade of orange on my skin.
This foundation does have coverage and ingredients working for it, but I hate that it just does not stay on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by catclaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

thank you, MUA! i've had bad skin for as long as i can remember, so putting on makeup everyday is a must for me. My skin worsened when i started working though. i suffered adult acne leading to dark spots and post acne scars. lucy minerals does the job with minimal effort. first i apply my makeup base (shu uemura uv underbase mousse), and then spot conceal using my cinema secrets concealer. (another HG introduced by MUA). and then finally i sparingly apply my lucy minerals with a kabuki brush.

i've stayed away from mineral makeup after trying the maybelline one from years ago. it looked horrible on me as it oxidized and enhanced the size of my pores. ick. given the reviews on this one however, it was worth a try.

i'm still on my sample pack but i've found my match almost immediately, thanks to the kind seller who included other shades for me to try. i'm an NC30~35, and revlon natural beige in 220 and the lucy minerals in light medium works best for me.

immediately after i applied my lucy minerals, my boyfriend couldn't stop staring at me. haha. please try it. good looking skin is one less thing to worry about. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by FearlessBarb

I have finally found the mineral makeup I've been looking for. I ordered the samples first and after I found the right shade and got the application technique down I love it! It gives good coverage without looking masky. even at 50 I still have oily skin and I've tried it over several different prepping stuff but actually find that applying it over bare skin except for eye cream around my eyes, works great. After a few minutes it just blends with my skin, feels comfortable and looks soft and natural. I use the Lucy minerals short flat top kabuki brush for my face and a little round top brush from ecco tools for under my eyes and to cover anything else up that needs it. I have some wrinkles and fairly large pores and have tried other mineral foundations and they were all terrible. The search was fun but now it's over cause I LOVE this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I may have found my HG! And believe me, I have tried almost every brand of foundation (high-end to low, both liquid and mineral) since the age of 16).

This stuff is wonderful, I ordered samples and then found my shades: Cream and Bisque (for reference I'm NC20). The cream is more yellow and I use it to cover up redness and around the nose and eyes, the bisque is my all-over color and is a neutral, not too pink or yellow. This foundation does give me a glow but not sparkly like BE. I bought one in the original formula and one in the silica, oil control since I use them together.

I really think the flat-top brush they sell made a huge difference in application for me. Was using old BE brushes that had been washed many times. For those of you that do not like this makeup, make sure you prep your skin (moisturizer, primer) and let soak in. This makeup will not look good if your skin is dry or peeling (as with any makeup).

If you have given up on Mineral foundation, give this a try, the samples are great and the formula is everything I wanted BE to be. The samples are very cheap ($1.50) and you receive the product very quickly in the mail (I got free shipping). They also have weekly specials...the eyeshadow and blush are nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by cherryredtarts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skin type: sensitive, very oily, acne prone

I have been using a sample size for a little less than a month and even though I didn't get the exact shade that fits me, this foundation gives you a very beautiful glow. It evens out all the redness around the nose and the cheeks. You will most likely need a heavier concealer for blemishes and adding the mineral foundation on top of the concealer will blur out any discolorations. Even though I have oily skin, the foundation really stays on despite blotting so I can definitely say it is transfer-resistant.
Besides the product, my package came in a pretty short amount of time. I emailed Lucy personally about a concern and she responds right away. The packaging was so beautiful that I didn't want to even open it.
Definitely give it a try. One $1.50 sample has lasted me a little under a month and I still have more left.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by celticgal2

I bought this based on some MUA reviews - I'm 50 and have combination skin - fair complexion. While the price was great - the product is not. It does not last thru the day even using mineral veil over it! It is also drying on the skin which is odd for my normal/oily skin - even my daughter who is 16 that has borrowed it stated it is drying. I do not get the "glow" like you do with bare minerals. So if you are looking for a good product - it is not this one.

I normally do not negatively review products but this one does not come even close to being like bare minerals. I've also used this with and without makeup primer and it does not matter - it does not last!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by rawrlexi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the reviews on Lucy Minerals, I decided to go to their website and see what all the hype was about. I was so happy they provided the option of cheap samples of all the foundation shades, so that I could try out a few different ones to find my perfect match, rather than buy and pray that the shade I chose would be the right one. I also have rosacea, so when I saw that this foundation was supposed to be extra great at covering up lots of red discoloration, I decided I definitely had to try it out. I just received the samples today, and was sort of disappointed at how small the samples were (the website said that each sample should be able to last about a week), but it isn't a huge deal, I just got tapped some product onto a clean surface and it made grabbing product with my brush a thousand times easier. Since I've been re-stocking my make up collection, I've been very sparse on make up brushes. I only have one powder brush at the moment (since I'm accustomed to using liquid foundation), which is the #41 Round Powder Brush from Sephora. The foundation was hard to blend into my skin and since my #41 is fluffy and not as stiff, I feel as if I had to use a ton of product to get it to cover up the redness on my cheeks. I don't think I blame the foundation though, I am waiting on a new, stiffer and denser brush that is better for applying mineral foundation, so I'm hoping with that I'll be able to use less product and blend better. I will have to say, that this foundation has great staying power. It's freezing outside (which means as soon as the cold hits my skin my rosacea flares up), and while most foundations can't cover up my irritated wind blown skin, Lucy's Minerals held tight and when I got home it didn't even look like I'd been out! So that's definitely a plus. I'll add an update once I try applying with a better brush.