February 1, 2015 | 2060 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Violet

I have to jump on the band wagon raving for this exceptional mineral makeup. The mineral I purchased is the Lucy Light Powder Mineral foundation. Here are the list of positive attributes about my purchase:

1. it did not make me break out like many many mineral makeups I have tried. If your skin is very sensitive like mine try their "light" foundation which has only about 5 ingredients. the texture is smooth as silk, soft as butter, I am totally taken by this product. I must have paid close to a thousand dollars trying mineral makeup on and off line and I have just about given up because mineral makeup tend make me break out, change color, look like a mask, slide off my face, add more years to my face, or do not stay put, etc.

2. it actually conceal flaws and pores if this is one of your requirement of a good mineral makeup. I was totally shocked because I have never had such an experience with mineral makeup before. I would rate the coverage as medium. It has way better coverage than alima pure at a much lower price and better packaging.

3. I can actually layer on using thin coats with a fluffy brush and my skin doesn't look masky, thick, dry, weird, or any of that stuff. I must have tried at least 15 minerals makeup and this is the ONLY one that I can actually add multiple layers on without going cakey or gross. just an unbelievable product.

4. the price is amazing. only $12 for a full 10 g. I've paid $20-30 for pricey mineral products only to get rashes , weird colors, bad skin, or no coverage. I love every aspect of this company. shipping is only 99 cents! yes you read it right. no matter how much i purchased, the shipping fee is only 99 CENTS ! what a deal. I hope they keep this 99 cent promotion permanent. I purchased minerals from other companies and they charged me nearly 6 dollars for the same stuff. I totally appreciate Lucy Minerals honest business practice.

5. the owner is exceptionally wonderful and catering. she answered all of my questions courteously and promptly.

6. the makeup lasts all day from 6 am to 9 pm! that's just shocking. nothing run, nothing smears, I sprayed water on it to see if it runs ...nothing happens. no color change, nothing slipping or sliding off my face. I worked out a sweat in my makeup and I still looking amazing. I cannot be more pleased. I walked by the mirrors at the mall and my makeup was flawless even though 10 hours has passed. I haven't tried to sleep in it so I don't know if it will last for 24+ hours. I haven't tried swimming in it yet but upon using hand water rubbing on my face, it does come off. This makeup is not rub proof so don't go rubbing. This makeup seems to definitely be great for outdoor girls who love hiking and biking without having to worry about makeup touch up. I didn't do a thing, not even blotting. the oil my my skin comes out at the end of the day, making the makeup even more seamless and perfect. not a pore or a blemish! it's simply a miracle.

7. I would say this makeup is mistake proof. I can add as many layer as I like and I simply cannot go wrong. it's still soft and smooth without looking masky or cakey like the other minerals i have tried. It actually covers flaws.I have many red marks from skin discolorations that none of the other mineral makeups can cover. This one DOES ! so many mineral companies claim to be natural looking but this one is the only one that actually delivers

8. it makes my skin looks flawless even without primer, fillers, concealer , or finishing powder. this makeup just is an all in one for me. I usually cannot go without concealer because of red spots but this makeup actually perfected my skin where I don't even need a concealer it has excellent coverage that looks like real skin.

9. you got to try their sample sizes. For only $1.50 per sample you can try all their products for only 99cent shipping fee no matter how much you order. The sample comes in nice clear tiny sifter jars with generous portion. I would say it's similar to EVERY DAY minerals sample packages in the past. they even sent me extra eye shadow powder samples for FREE ! it's just too good of an offer and products not to try.

10. they got at least 3 different formulas for different skin types with different needs. the "lucy light" version has the fewest additives with only about 5 ingredients. there is a formula for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, as well as various formulas for oily skin. they got primers, blushes, lip balms, skin care products, as well as stuff for eyes, lips, and cheeks. non nano products, no bismuth, no harmful toxic ingredients. just stuff that are nurturing to the skin. their makeup also seems to have a higher SPF than most mineral makeup I have tried. Their mica are not treated with harmful chemicals like some of the other mineral makeups. I've ran into minerals that only contain 4 ingredients but they still itch me and cause rashes (probably due to the mica being chemically treated).

here are the not so great thing about this foundation

1. even the lightest color was a bit dark for me. Their snow white shade was too pasty and grey for me.

2. it is not water proof. It will last through light sprinkles but not pouring water.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

I am really impressed with this foundation. Being a girl with pretty oily/combination skin with occasional acne problem, it has been quite a task to look for a good foundation. I have tried so many foundation that you wouldn't believe, NARS, Chanel, Dior, Shu uemura, YSL, Rimmel, RMK, MAC, Vichy and so on and on. But this one has all the things that I am looking for - good coverage yet natural-looking.
I am a NC 20-25, and bisque is perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my skin:
fair, somewhat freckled and scarred, combination, acne-prone, and sensitive (since i use an AHA, BHA, Retin-A, and Taz)

have tried:
a LOT. recently, revlon colorstay for dry/normal skin (which i like, but feel like its bad for my skin and kind of heavy), and Bare Escentuals MMU (the lightest shade was too pink)

Pros:
-- you can get "Try It" sizes for $1.50 each, which is great, b/c you can test out a bunch before you decide
-- ordering from them is very much a personalized experience, complete with handwritten note! i like that i'm not "just another" customer, KWIM?
-- contains natural sun protection (Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide)
-- NO Parabens, Micronized Minerals, or Petroleum Products
-- water resistant and does well in humidity
-- Free from bismuth oxychloride, talc, fragrance or preservatives
-- no animal testing!
-- great coverage
-- a variety of shades, and even colors so you can mis you own!
-- and only $14 for a full sized foundation

Con(s)
-- only 1, that when you 1st apply the MU you have to wait for it to "warm up" to your skin and then go back over it with the brush in a few minutes to re-blend. blut for me after that it stays blended, and its not ot hard to do the foundation, etc, and then e/s and then come back and reblend.

i find that i'm the light shade, which is listed as a light neutral shade, as opposed to their "Fair", which is a cool, pale shade.

this is definately my HG MU now! so glad i heard aout it from MUA!!!

UPDATE 02/20/12: i'm still not happy about the warm up time needed, but despite that am happy with it! i'm having a hard time getting used to the fact that i dont need as much of the MMU as with other brands! sometimes i over-apply and get a cakey look. user error :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

This is one of the best mineral foundations out there (yes, I have tried a lot of them during the last 10 years!). So creamy, great stayingpower, perfect finish and a little goes a VERY long way. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by babyy_yn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This by far is the BEST mineral makeup i have ever found. I love the options for the oil control foundations. Silica works best for my oily t-zone but the calcium one works pretty well too. The ingredients are really good. The coverage is also by far the best. If i had to complain i would say that they dont have many options (if any at all) for dark skin so some women might not be able to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by kuecoklat

I have a sensitive, oily, and acne prone skin so it was quite hard to find a match foundation for my skin. Not until I came across this review, I'm so glad I purchased this product. This product really cover the redness area as if I was wearing liquid foundation. This is by far the best minerals foundation I have ever tried!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by enetsang

After reading so many fab reviews about Lucy Minerals mineral foundation, I really really wanted to like this and was so looking forward to receiving my $1.50 sample bags in the post. Sadly it has been extremely disappointing.

Firstly, there doesn't seem to be shade that truly matches my NC35 skin - medium is about the closest. Like the other reviewers, i found the other "medium" shades way too pink or too yellow.

Secondly, OMG it is cakey and drying!!! Having read Annies's instructions on the website, I only put on a single sheer layer, thinking I could build it up afterwards if I needed to. Even so, my skin looked so cakey and dry and I have combination skin. I've read some pretty mediocre reviews on Bare Minerals but I really do find that BM wins over this hands down - at least my skin looks healthy and luminous with BM and I never get that cakey look even when I've packed it on.

I'm glad I only paid $1.50 per satchel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best mineral foundation I have ever used!! I'm sure I haven't used every mineral makeup out there but I have used all drugstore and most well known high end brands...I love the ingredients in this makeup! Talc and bismuth make me itch and breakout and this does not contain those ingredients and unlike alima pure and edm this actually stays on my face and doesn't make me an oil slick and rub off my face two hours later. Im obsessed with stuff and think if you were once like me and totally given up on mineral foundation at least give it a try. The samples are only $ 1.50 so what do you have to lose. I have ordered most of the blushes and eye shadows and not one of her products have disappointed me. I haven't been this excited about a makeup brand in a very long time and I'm so happy its a all natural healthy product that I dont have to worry about.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by hyeminnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for several months and there are times when I really like it, and others when I absolutely despise it. This is one of those days. I put the foundation on in the morning like usual and it starts separating the second I buff it on. It, for some reason, doesn't want to evenly cover my nose and it's so noticeable that I have to remove my foundation and start over. After several hours, it also settles into pores and gives my skin a spotted look.
Another issue I have with Lucy Minerals is that there is an extremely limited foundation spectrum. I found that Cream was the closest match, but too light, and the next shade up, Creamy Bisque, was too orange. I have tried mixing Cream, Creamy Bisque, Creamy Olive, Bisque, Shell Beige, Golden Medium, and have yet to find a shade that is a good match. They all turn a shade of orange on my skin.
This foundation does have coverage and ingredients working for it, but I hate that it just does not stay on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by catclaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

thank you, MUA! i've had bad skin for as long as i can remember, so putting on makeup everyday is a must for me. My skin worsened when i started working though. i suffered adult acne leading to dark spots and post acne scars. lucy minerals does the job with minimal effort. first i apply my makeup base (shu uemura uv underbase mousse), and then spot conceal using my cinema secrets concealer. (another HG introduced by MUA). and then finally i sparingly apply my lucy minerals with a kabuki brush.

i've stayed away from mineral makeup after trying the maybelline one from years ago. it looked horrible on me as it oxidized and enhanced the size of my pores. ick. given the reviews on this one however, it was worth a try.

i'm still on my sample pack but i've found my match almost immediately, thanks to the kind seller who included other shades for me to try. i'm an NC30~35, and revlon natural beige in 220 and the lucy minerals in light medium works best for me.

immediately after i applied my lucy minerals, my boyfriend couldn't stop staring at me. haha. please try it. good looking skin is one less thing to worry about. :)