December 18, 2014 | 1834 users online

Foundations - Lucy Minerals Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my skin:
fair, somewhat freckled and scarred, combination, acne-prone, and sensitive (since i use an AHA, BHA, Retin-A, and Taz)

have tried:
a LOT. recently, revlon colorstay for dry/normal skin (which i like, but feel like its bad for my skin and kind of heavy), and Bare Escentuals MMU (the lightest shade was too pink)

Pros:
-- you can get "Try It" sizes for $1.50 each, which is great, b/c you can test out a bunch before you decide
-- ordering from them is very much a personalized experience, complete with handwritten note! i like that i'm not "just another" customer, KWIM?
-- contains natural sun protection (Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide)
-- NO Parabens, Micronized Minerals, or Petroleum Products
-- water resistant and does well in humidity
-- Free from bismuth oxychloride, talc, fragrance or preservatives
-- no animal testing!
-- great coverage
-- a variety of shades, and even colors so you can mis you own!
-- and only $14 for a full sized foundation

Con(s)
-- only 1, that when you 1st apply the MU you have to wait for it to "warm up" to your skin and then go back over it with the brush in a few minutes to re-blend. blut for me after that it stays blended, and its not ot hard to do the foundation, etc, and then e/s and then come back and reblend.

i find that i'm the light shade, which is listed as a light neutral shade, as opposed to their "Fair", which is a cool, pale shade.

this is definately my HG MU now! so glad i heard aout it from MUA!!!

UPDATE 02/20/12: i'm still not happy about the warm up time needed, but despite that am happy with it! i'm having a hard time getting used to the fact that i dont need as much of the MMU as with other brands! sometimes i over-apply and get a cakey look. user error :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

This is one of the best mineral foundations out there (yes, I have tried a lot of them during the last 10 years!). So creamy, great stayingpower, perfect finish and a little goes a VERY long way. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by babyy_yn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This by far is the BEST mineral makeup i have ever found. I love the options for the oil control foundations. Silica works best for my oily t-zone but the calcium one works pretty well too. The ingredients are really good. The coverage is also by far the best. If i had to complain i would say that they dont have many options (if any at all) for dark skin so some women might not be able to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by kuecoklat

I have a sensitive, oily, and acne prone skin so it was quite hard to find a match foundation for my skin. Not until I came across this review, I'm so glad I purchased this product. This product really cover the redness area as if I was wearing liquid foundation. This is by far the best minerals foundation I have ever tried!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2011 7:47:00 AM More reviews by enetsang

After reading so many fab reviews about Lucy Minerals mineral foundation, I really really wanted to like this and was so looking forward to receiving my $1.50 sample bags in the post. Sadly it has been extremely disappointing.

Firstly, there doesn't seem to be shade that truly matches my NC35 skin - medium is about the closest. Like the other reviewers, i found the other "medium" shades way too pink or too yellow.

Secondly, OMG it is cakey and drying!!! Having read Annies's instructions on the website, I only put on a single sheer layer, thinking I could build it up afterwards if I needed to. Even so, my skin looked so cakey and dry and I have combination skin. I've read some pretty mediocre reviews on Bare Minerals but I really do find that BM wins over this hands down - at least my skin looks healthy and luminous with BM and I never get that cakey look even when I've packed it on.

I'm glad I only paid $1.50 per satchel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best mineral foundation I have ever used!! I'm sure I haven't used every mineral makeup out there but I have used all drugstore and most well known high end brands...I love the ingredients in this makeup! Talc and bismuth make me itch and breakout and this does not contain those ingredients and unlike alima pure and edm this actually stays on my face and doesn't make me an oil slick and rub off my face two hours later. Im obsessed with stuff and think if you were once like me and totally given up on mineral foundation at least give it a try. The samples are only $ 1.50 so what do you have to lose. I have ordered most of the blushes and eye shadows and not one of her products have disappointed me. I haven't been this excited about a makeup brand in a very long time and I'm so happy its a all natural healthy product that I dont have to worry about.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by hyeminnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for several months and there are times when I really like it, and others when I absolutely despise it. This is one of those days. I put the foundation on in the morning like usual and it starts separating the second I buff it on. It, for some reason, doesn't want to evenly cover my nose and it's so noticeable that I have to remove my foundation and start over. After several hours, it also settles into pores and gives my skin a spotted look.
Another issue I have with Lucy Minerals is that there is an extremely limited foundation spectrum. I found that Cream was the closest match, but too light, and the next shade up, Creamy Bisque, was too orange. I have tried mixing Cream, Creamy Bisque, Creamy Olive, Bisque, Shell Beige, Golden Medium, and have yet to find a shade that is a good match. They all turn a shade of orange on my skin.
This foundation does have coverage and ingredients working for it, but I hate that it just does not stay on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by catclaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

thank you, MUA! i've had bad skin for as long as i can remember, so putting on makeup everyday is a must for me. My skin worsened when i started working though. i suffered adult acne leading to dark spots and post acne scars. lucy minerals does the job with minimal effort. first i apply my makeup base (shu uemura uv underbase mousse), and then spot conceal using my cinema secrets concealer. (another HG introduced by MUA). and then finally i sparingly apply my lucy minerals with a kabuki brush.

i've stayed away from mineral makeup after trying the maybelline one from years ago. it looked horrible on me as it oxidized and enhanced the size of my pores. ick. given the reviews on this one however, it was worth a try.

i'm still on my sample pack but i've found my match almost immediately, thanks to the kind seller who included other shades for me to try. i'm an NC30~35, and revlon natural beige in 220 and the lucy minerals in light medium works best for me.

immediately after i applied my lucy minerals, my boyfriend couldn't stop staring at me. haha. please try it. good looking skin is one less thing to worry about. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by FearlessBarb

I have finally found the mineral makeup I've been looking for. I ordered the samples first and after I found the right shade and got the application technique down I love it! It gives good coverage without looking masky. even at 50 I still have oily skin and I've tried it over several different prepping stuff but actually find that applying it over bare skin except for eye cream around my eyes, works great. After a few minutes it just blends with my skin, feels comfortable and looks soft and natural. I use the Lucy minerals short flat top kabuki brush for my face and a little round top brush from ecco tools for under my eyes and to cover anything else up that needs it. I have some wrinkles and fairly large pores and have tried other mineral foundations and they were all terrible. The search was fun but now it's over cause I LOVE this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I may have found my HG! And believe me, I have tried almost every brand of foundation (high-end to low, both liquid and mineral) since the age of 16).

This stuff is wonderful, I ordered samples and then found my shades: Cream and Bisque (for reference I'm NC20). The cream is more yellow and I use it to cover up redness and around the nose and eyes, the bisque is my all-over color and is a neutral, not too pink or yellow. This foundation does give me a glow but not sparkly like BE. I bought one in the original formula and one in the silica, oil control since I use them together.

I really think the flat-top brush they sell made a huge difference in application for me. Was using old BE brushes that had been washed many times. For those of you that do not like this makeup, make sure you prep your skin (moisturizer, primer) and let soak in. This makeup will not look good if your skin is dry or peeling (as with any makeup).

If you have given up on Mineral foundation, give this a try, the samples are great and the formula is everything I wanted BE to be. The samples are very cheap ($1.50) and you receive the product very quickly in the mail (I got free shipping). They also have weekly specials...the eyeshadow and blush are nice too.