MAC Pigment - Rose

4.3

on 3/30/2004 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was prepared to hate this pigment. Judging from prior reviews, there seems to be no middle ground on this pigment. It looks beautiful in the pot - a deep hot pink with gold glitter. I was prepared to keep it and look at it even if it was blah on me, it looks that gorge!!!

Anyway... I'm a HUGE fan. A GGG, NC35 with dark brown eyes, I find that this has to be very subtly applied on the eyelids (or else you get that sickly pink eye look or the chinese opera star 'pink racoon eye'). Today, I wore rose over my polished ivory pigment, and it was a pretty faded rose. Another fabulous eye look is rose in the crease and a deep bronze to brown eyeshadow over the lash line!!

I have also tried this pigment on the cheeks, and it shines in this role!! Beautiful golden red!! The party look without looking too over the top!! I am haveing so much success with my pigments, I am beginning to question the role of my NARS multiples in my mu collection....

on 3/27/2004 1:55:00 PM

After reading so many raves about rose, I decided to get it and I must say, it's rather disappointing. It's not as finely milled as the other pigments, and keeps falling on my cheeks when I try to apply it with a brush and I hate applying pigments with my fingers. Sigh. Well, the color is what i expected melon to be, which is good. It is truly versatile and looks fabulous on the lips. However, the fact that it's so chunky is a major gripe to me.

on 3/23/2004 10:46:00 AM

This stuff is so jawdroppingly beautiful it puts me in a good mood just looking at it. A Holy Grail pigment. Belive the Hype.

on 3/23/2004 8:47:00 AM

My favorite pigment from the entire range, next to Melon which works in perfect combination. I must be on a lucky streak - most of the stuff I've tried have worked out lately - must be all the great advice from MUAers, but I digress. Lovely lovely lovely pigment that works on the eyes, cheeks and lips - not many colors do that. It is quite unique as it has gold shimmer in the rose tone, making it really warm. Gives a nice glow that's really soft and feminine.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My first pigment ever and would lead me into a pigment addiction! The first is always the best and this is no exception...;

on 2/24/2004 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was quite disappointed in this pigment. The color is really pretty, a medium rose shade with flashes of gold. However the particles seem to be very "flaky" and they don't stay on when I use it as a blush! Neither do they apply well :~( Well, but UD's X blush gives a similar effect, yay for that!

on 2/14/2004 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this a couple months ago while in NYC and I just love it. This is a truely versatile pigment. I love to wear it on my cheeks, especially in the evening because the golden shimmer gives it some extra oompf. Additionally, this looks equally gorgeous on my lips and eyes. I highly recommend this pigment to everyone, it's one of my favorites! :-)

on 2/1/2004 8:44:00 PM

I really like this pigment..I got a mini of it from a past holiday set and I really think this will last forever but if I run out I will get more..oh my gosh it makes the prettiest lipgloss ever! I just put a little bit on a tissue and pick some up with my rimmel clear lipgloss wand and slick it on..oh its sooo pretty!! I bet it will be great to use for nailpolish too...I havent tried using it as shadow yet...

on 1/29/2004 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

gosh this is such a pretty color. unfortunately not on me. =( my brother actually asked me if i were sick or crying when i was wearing this. i guess this doesn't work for everyone. light skin/asian.

on 1/27/2004 3:41:00 PM

This. Stuff. Is. AMAZING. I am absolutely in love. I just got this as one of four pigment samples the other day from Ebay and I am . . . Wow. Just wow. Such a shimmery beautiful true rose color. Not too pink, not too purple. The gold shines through to give just the perfect amount of depth for beautiful eyes. Helps to draw the green from my hazel. I am going to buy a full size, even before I run out of this sample. I love it with vanilla, especially, though experimentation has just begun. Dabbed into the center of a rosy lipstick'd bottom lip it looks just divine, and it works on cheeks, too! Seriously, I'm hooked. continued >>